Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2001, 07:09 AM   #106  
viv

Hey Guys
I just wanted to quickly post to say hi and that I've read all your posts but am currently time challenged so didn't take my usual notes but...

1. Wanted to thank you all again for the good wishes about my Dad. Thank you thank you thank you!
2. Ya'll need the bliss that goes with having a digital scale that does not do decimals!
3. Does anyone get the fitday data just right, in terms of intake goals, the right percentages of fat vs. carbs, calories, etc?

4. We have another weekend from h*ll planned so I'll probably be lurking over the weekend. Stay OP and have agreat one - I'll be back to full yacking status on monday....

viv
146/143/128
simsbury, ct
Old 02-10-2001, 08:41 AM   #107  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Geez, where is everyone today/tonight?? :confused:

Well, I'll be hitting the hay in a few

Will check in tomorrow!

NITE!

Debbie
194/139.5 /129
Old 02-10-2001, 09:14 AM   #108  

I havn't posted on here in a while....and for that I appologize. I went to the gynocologists today and was diagnosed with POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME. This syndrome can cause MANY, MANY, MANY problems, and one of those is obesity! So, whether that has caused me to gain weight so easily or not I don't know.......but it sure makes a lot of sense. It also makes weight loss harder........which definately doesn't make me happy. Well, I have to go now to get some sleep. No matter what, I'm going to keep trying!
Angela
Old 02-10-2001, 09:47 AM   #109  

Hi everyone! Had a pretty good day today and I even went out for lunch. I had a steak caesar salad with dressing on the side. For dinner I made a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with veggies, cheese and lite mayo on it and an orange. I haven't quite had all of my calories yet, but I feel pretty good and it's late so I won't eat anymore today. Because of the steak, lite mayo,turkey and cheese on my sandwich, I have had a little too much fat today though.

Anyway, you all have a great weekend.

Cheri
Old 02-10-2001, 09:57 AM   #110  

Hi,

I have been enjoying my vacation, and got some things done that were long over due. I didn't weigh in this week, the scale I use is at work, but I have kept up my walking, have managed to go every day for the past 10 days, going at least 2 miles and sometime 3 miles at a time. Last night I even went miles.
Was glad to hear about all the good successes everyone has had, and sorry to hear about the bad stuff too.

Cheri, just wanted to let you know that I am so glad to see you here and doing so well. Keep up the great work.
I hope that all has a great weekend. Laurie

Old 02-10-2001, 12:18 PM   #111  

Just a quick note to let you know i'm back and that I will try to get on this wk end and read all the posts. man this is a really happening board you have really filled it out. Deb. I'll send you my new Email address love ya all Glory and welcome to all the newbeies
Old 02-10-2001, 09:00 PM   #112  

Hi all-
I'm searching the web for food info and look at this chocolate almond fudge bar I came across....
http://www.s-senterprises.com/CLIFBAR/CB04.html

I'm am very interested to hear your opinions on it!!

I'll be back later with more info I come across and some questions too!!

Ashley
Old 02-10-2001, 09:56 PM   #113  

Happy Saturday Everyone

Occassionally I reread the SB book mainly to keep me motivated. I came across a statement that I think is important to highlight:

"Eating a double portion of a low GI carbohydrate releases the same amount of insulin as a high GI carbohydrate".

I know I have been very careful not to eat 2 pieces of WW bread at the same time etc. For the newbies this is an important concept. Hope it helps.

FYI...We have a Farmer's marke near me that has the BEST Florida strawberries. They are in season right now and very sweet and delicious. If you can find some they are well worth the $1.99/pint.

GloryB: We've missed you! Welcome back.

Barbee: Didn't have time to say hi during the week. I enjoy your post and hearing how things are.

BigOrange: Go SEC...Do you like baseball? My family follows that pretty closely and usually the SEC baseball tournament is here. You sound like you are doing great these days. One more time (I know I should look back on the post but I can be lazy sometimes ) What is the name of the green bean seasoning...

Gator: HI I went to the farmer's market yesterday and will be making your ratatouille...yum yum.

Viv: Glad your Dad is doing better...I've been there and it's not easy. I'm thinking about you.

Frog: Thanks for the info.

Rhoo: I hate losing my post...lately it hasn't been so bad. I never have gotten into the habit of posting on a word program and then transferring it. For some reason it just interfers with my ideas LOL.

Newbies and others welcome and hope things are going well.

Went for a 5 mile walk yesterday. I'm really enjoying the warmer weather. It was beautiful outside. I've decided not to time myself anymore because part of my enjoyment is seeing the scenary and lately I've been more worried about time and speed than the enjoyment. I walk pretty fast anyway so that should still get my heart pumping.

Deb: I'm down today to 139. The water weight and retention is so bad sometimes. I also think that the smaller you are the more you realize and feel the bloating. I know when I was 222 I didn't notice it at all. Now, I felt my feet swell my hands and my stomach...The walk really helped take it off yesterday. I also made an effort to drink even more water than I normally do...and that's alot.

Well, I hope to get a walk in today. Son has baseketball and promised my daughter we would go to a new outlet mall near here.

See you later:

Anna
Birmingham, Al
222/139/140

Old 02-10-2001, 10:38 PM   #114  

Hi All,

Hope everyone is enjoying the week-end!!! Love that www.fitday.com site. I never realized just how high my fat intake was.

Viv... Yes, you to can have Brad Pitt dreams. Just simply eat an apple before bed & after watching his new movie "Snatch".

Kapola...Wow, 3.25 gone for good!!!

Karen... I know what ya mean about how easy it is to follow this program. I did CALP but after 3 days I knew it wasn't for me. Whatever works for you.

Debelle... Thanks for the Sample Menus AND all the hard work you do for this forum. By the by, I think 10kms. is 6.5 miles. The run is on April 15th. I'm so greatful that I've found someone to "train" with. Good fun!

Take care,
Luv,

Jan
Vancouver, Canada
168/161.5/148
Old 02-10-2001, 10:58 PM   #115  

Good morning everyone!

This way of eating is so much easier than anything else I've done in a while. Even my Mom who lives with me is doing it too. I'm so glad that I found all of you and decided to give it a try.

Laurie, glad that your vacation is going good and I'm glad to hear from you again.

All of you are so good with your walking. I really need to get out there. I walk occasionally but I need to make it a habit everyday.

Thanks again everyone for your inspiration.

Cheri
Old 02-10-2001, 11:14 PM   #116  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Saturday Morning Everyone!

Went to a few garage sales this morning, nothing fantastic out there, didn't have many around my way-better that I don't spend the money on junk I don't need!

ANGELA, that's good that you continue to try. I see many women on this and other boards with PCOS be successful in losing weight, and I'm sure that you will too - you just may have to try harder. There's lots of info on the web to learn more about it.

CHERI, don't worry about a bit more fat than normal, a few grams either way really doesn't make a difference in the course of a day, it's doing it day after day that makes it impact us. I had too many too yesterday! I totally agree with you, this IS the easiest WOE I've ever followed, it's a sin when anyone tacks on the word DIET to this WOE!!

IAMAP, sounds like you are enjoying your time off, like who wouldn't!?! If we can make plans with QUILTER to meet in Naples/Marco, would you be game to come??

OVERCOME, the bar, maybe to keep in your purse as an emergency item, but not knowing the sugar content, it's hard to say. PERSONALLY, I wouldn't touch it, for the same 250 calories, 39 grams of carbs, you could easily have a pretty good sized meal/dish. It also has a few no-no foods in it, so I'd say, stay away from it. BUT, you know, that's just my opinion

BEACH, thanks for pointing that pertinent information about double portions-it's a good one! LOL! Your Fla. strawberries are cheaper for you than for those of us in Fla! Publix is selling them for $2.29 a pint I did buy raspberries though, and they are delicious! I was even more thrilled to see the pint I ate had 11 grams of fiber in it!!! Glad to see you back down below 140 again, I'm right under it too. It has to be WW because I'm drinking so much and not much is coming out-wish the flood gates would open up!!!!

JAN, thanks for the nice words! Glad you are enjoying using the fitday.com site, I too think it's great! Sounds like the perfect time of year to do a run-I'm SURE you will send us a picture of you crossing the finnish line!!!

Well gals, I've got to get Michael geared up to go to a Bar Mitzvah party in a little bit. I'll check in with you all sometime later.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Debbie
1194/139.5 /129

Old 02-11-2001, 12:38 AM   #117  

Hi Friends! Boy, I really feel like a delinquent SBer. Sorry I haven't been on, but have been super busy. I'm going to report now and then go back and read and respond in a little while. DH and I are planning a mega grocery shopping trip to Aldi's and the HFS, so I may have to stop abruptly on this.

Anyways, let me tell you that Thursday was great. After the fantastic luncheon and the visit from Curtis at our class, the evening was a wonderful way to end the day. There were at least 350 people at this dinner sponsored by Time Warner. And it was a real great mix of people--teachers, adult students, children students, corporate bigwigs, volunteer tutors. Everybody just rubbing elbows and celebrating literacy. Anyways, the meal was so-so. After the spectacular lunch, it was a let down, but still FREE. Really good salad, chicken & ribs with new potatoes (I gave those to Paul), green beans. They had some chocolate cake thing for dessert. I took one very small bite and that was it. It really didn’t look that good, but hey, chocolate is chocolate.

Then last night Time Warner had a huge Mardi Gras bash at the Cinti Museum Center for their employees and friends. That was really fun. The food wasn’t so great. I did cave and have some ice cream and two cookies. I am disappointed that I did that, but can’t do much about it now other than to get back on the horse and start anew today. They had a couple of New Orleans zydeco bands and the drinks were free. There was dancing and a lot of hoop-la. Groovy costumes. We got to go into all the museum exhibits and they have a really good one about the Titanic. Then went to the big omnimax theatre to see a film on the Titanic. That was fun too. So all in all, I am partied out. DH and I slept until 11:30 today. That never happens.

Of course, I was having major clothes anxieties about what to wear last night. Didn't want to do a costume, but still wanted to look presentable. (Not much that fits since I got rid of all my big sizes.) So yesterday found a great sale at Talbots and got a three piece outfit (Plus matching tights) for $100. I think that’s pretty good at Talbots. Plus I love the way they size their clothes. I bought a SMALL sweater and the jumper was a SIZE 14!!!!! That really made me want to do back flips!

Anyways, concerning our trip to FL. I think we will do Busch Gardens and Orlando on Thursday and Friday, so I’ll be somewhat free on that Saturday, the 10th. We won’t have a rental car down there, so I’ll be at the mercy of my niece. I will talk to her about the Naples spot. If she’s not keen on driving there, I can always rent a car for that day. Let me know what you all think. This will be so much fun. I can’t wait to get together.

Okay, gals! Thanks for putting up with my rambling. I’ll be back on later to respond to your posts, but I feel so behind. It will take a while. Hope everybody is having a great weekend. It was 67 here yesterday and it’s supposed to drop 50 degrees by tomorrow. Boo-hoo! But I have irises peeping their heads up, so that’s a good sign! Spring is just around the corner.

Take care.
Kim
185/176/139
Cincinnati, OH
Old 02-11-2001, 02:30 AM   #118  

Good Saturday to everyone! I've been working on housework today. What fun huh! LOL Things are going good here. Still on program. It amazes me that there was a beautiful chocolate cake at work yesterday, and "I Wasn't" even tempted. My co-workers were wondering how I could not want to have some. SO anyway I passed that up! I'm sure it was delicious...

I have a question, is fat free cool whip legal? I get a bit confused on some things.

Well dh will be wanting his dinner soon so I'd best skidaddle..

I'll check back later... Have a great day!

Cathy
198/177/145-150
Old 02-11-2001, 05:37 AM   #119  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Good Evening Ladies (male lurkers too)

WHAT A DAY I'VE HAD....MY WATER HEATER BLEW UP THIS MORNING water water everywhere
Home Depot came to the rescue with their emergency water heater 800 line!
Water standing in my utility room, went thru the base of the wall into my bedroom and into the closet in the hallway! I've had the
"shop-vac" out sucking water all day..MY WHOLE DAY HAS BEEN SHOT!!!!
So let's see...a new water heater today, a washer and dryer tomorrow (had already planned that one) and I STILL HAVE TO GO TO SPORTS AUTHORITY AND ARRANGE TO HAVE MY TREADMILL DELIVERED! At least, all I have to do there is pass them the "plastic"...they get to do all the work getting it here.

Beach: the name is WILEY'S BEAN AND PEA SEASONING..you won't be sorry...just ask GATOR and DEB...

QUILTER: sounds like you've had a really busy weekend..I love parties like that and I LOVE ZYDECO (sp?) music. I could listen to that all day..I wouldn't do for me to live in Louisiana...too much good food and music!
Naples will be fun. If you've never been there, Old Naples is beautiful and a lot of unique little shops to visit. Deb has a great place to eat on Marco Island..Let us know...IT WILL BE FUN!!!

Deb: tell Michael to have a good time at the party. I know you've worked hard enough to get him clothed for it!
$2.99????? I saw them here for $.99 a pint and $1.49 a quart! Guess I better grab them babies up...

GLORY..so glad you're back...WE'VE MISSED YOU...how's the DH and Snugglebug?

ANGELA: sorry about the dx, but you're eating the right plan of foods. Keep your protein up and your starches down.

lamap: glad you're enjoying your time off. We've had some beautiful weather for you. Hope you and your DS are feeling better. It takes a while to get over this crud that's going around down here. You should think about meeting us in Naples when Quilter comes down.

BARBEE...can you make it over to Naples for the day when Quilter comes? or is it too far for you? George would really get a good "first timer's" look at the Gulf that way. Especially on Marco...

OVERCOME..look for that chocolate bar that Debbie introduced me to, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!
I'm loving it too much for my own good!

JAN...Ok, I'll BITE....what's the apple got to do with it?

CATHY..can't answer about the cool whip, but I'm sure someone will...you know this bunch..can't keep their mouths shut about anything! LOL

BEACH...I almost forgot...I'm not much on baseball, but the rest of my "orange family" does..I do tune in once in a while when the BIG O is on the tube.

Better get some dinner ready...more later

[This message has been edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE (edited 02-10-2001).]
Old 02-11-2001, 06:29 AM   #120  

Well, I am back and all caught up! Whew! Now I just have to finish my assignment from DEB and I’ll be footloose and fancy free. Sorry this is so long, gals, but I was really behind. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

KAPOLA---I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having some definite car downers. That’s really is such a shame. I hope you weren’t in the latest accident. Hang in there. Better times just have to be ahead. The weight loss is awesome. Keep up the good work.

JOY---Hope the birthday bash was everything you expected. Remember drink plenty of water to keep that hangover at bay. I love the idea of you getting smaller and smaller at each family function this year. What an incentive to keep on track!

VIV---So happy to hear a better than expected report on your dad. I’ll still keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Must be pretty stinky being on the outs with his wife and feeling crappy. Let’s hope he snaps back to good health real soon.

JOYCE W---Welcome back! You are right . . . this is a marvelous group. Hope you have tremendous success. Just stay committed to posting every day and all these great women will get you through it. I really stay on plan better when I know I’m going to get online and share what’s been going on. It’s hard to write about cheating. I’ve had to “confess” a couple of times. Icky. Anyways, glad you’re back. I’ll be interested in learning from you, too.

KAREN3000---Welcome to you, too. I’m glad you stopped lurking and joined in. We are all hear to help each other. It is a strong bond we have going here. Everybody watches out for each other. Hope you find the WOE easy and successful for losing weight.

ORANGE---I think I missed something. What are you and GATOR talking about when you say “the Wileys”. At first I thought it was a family of people. HA! Now I’m guessing it’s some sort of seasoning for veggies. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know. I love my veggies and love cooking them in all sorts of weighs. Plus I LOVE GREENS. I bought a big head of cabbage tonight that I want to cook. Any super, spectacular ideas for it???? Forget all this, I just read what you wrote later. But is it a specialty store thing, or do you get it anywhere?

CATHY---I’m impressed that you have zuchinni in the freezer. Do you grow it and then keep it in the freezer? That would REALLY be impressive. I’m lucky to have three chicken breasts in there when I need them.

BEACH---Is this your first mamogram? If so, let me tell you that it’s no big deal. For me it just amounts to about 3 seconds of “ouch” and then that’s it. Hope you have a really experienced tech who has warm hands and a knack for conversation. Ha! This must be the time of year for dr appointments. I have my Gyn fun time next Friday. Don’t mind it much. AT least it’s quick and over before you realize. What I really don’t like is now that I’m over 40, they feel the need to poke around in another place down there. That’s definitely an “outy” hole, not an “inny”. Yuck. Hope I didn’t gross anybody out.

COUNTRY---Way to go on the 4 pounds. YOu are really going strong. REmember even if it does come back on a little, at least you know that magic number is obtainable. I love when I “break a zero” and go down into another ten category. When I was on WW there was a brief time that I got into the 160’s and I was flying high. Of course, I totally screwed that up, but at least I know if I did it once, I can do it again.

JOYCE---I just bought some Agave Nectar at the HFS tonight. It was 2.99 for an 8 oz jar. How does that price sound to anybody out there who is buying it often? I’m thinking about looking for it on the net and seeing if I can get a better price.

FROG---I LOVE the article about the coke. I had heard before that it would clean a toilet, but hadn’t heard any of the rest of it. I very rarely drink pop. Especially since now I don’t eat popcorn. Those two always went together, but now happily they are both gone.

ANGELA---Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. That’s such a bummer. Don’t you wish it would be the opposite. Why does it always have to be that things retain your weight? Having something wrong is one thing, but then when they tack on, “Oh and you’ll gain weight and won’t be able to take it off easily” that really stinks. I’m glad that you are commited to keep going. We’re all here for you.

BEACH---Don’t you think that when you were 222, you were ALWAYS bloated and holding water and you got used to that feeling. Now that you’ve lost so much, the bloating is not around as much as it used to be. So you are not accustomed to it anymore and that’s why you feel it so much. Just a theory.

I sure hope LAMAP & BARBEE could do the meet and greet when I’m down in sunny FL. What do you think, gals? Ready for some more SB fun? One thing is for sure . . . we won’t have to worry about a lull in conversation. Ha! We can all talk. That’s for sure!!!

Has anybody bought any of the Lundberg Jubilee rice? I got the gourmet blend of 7 premium brown rices and it looks pretty good. I only took a taste, because I was cooking it ahead for tomorrow. Its ingredients are: sweet brown rice, short grain brown rice, long grain brown rice, Wehani, and Black Japonica. Hey that's only FIVE. Oh well. There were two other kinds there, but I thought I'd just try this one. I think I'll make the zuchinni, mushroom, soy sauce creation.

Also, the demo that Curtis Aikens cooked for us the other day is called Bok-Choy Shitake Stirfry. I found it today on his website: www.curtisaikens.com. He has a bunch of recipes there, but I'm sure this was the one he made. This recipe calls for noodles, but I think it would be great mixed with brown rice. I LOVE the ginger and sesame oil in it. So aromatic!

Better skeedaddle. Laundry is calling. Another hoppin' Saturday night here. DH is asleep in the recliner and it's not even 8 p.m. Heavy sigh.

Toodles!
Kim
185/176/139
Cincinnati, OH
Closed Thread