Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 07:55 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

It has been a quick week. No big plans for the weekend other than the surprise party for my niece tonight. I hope she is surprised and moe importantly, appreciates the party. Sometimes you never know how someone will react and she is very unpredictable. We were suppose dto be hosting a shower for my DD's friend on Sunday, but the wedding has been called off. I feel sorry for the bride. it was only 2 months away. Better now then later, but I'm sure she is not realizing that just yet.

Sef, probably your dr is talking about Neurotin. I took that awhile until the poditrist decided the Lyrica was better for neuropathies. I also took Topomax (whichis supposed to really make you lose wt, didn't me). I really hate taking anything else too, but the Lyrica has really helped my feet. I was to the point, my feet hurt all the time

Monet, I can;t beleive that pot blew up 4 times. I am a lot of trouble.

Melf, sending lots and lots of your way. Feel better.

Toni, is it warm there today. We are expecting rain Sat & Sunday so I guess you will be having it too.

Everyone have a great weekend. Spring is near.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #212  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD MORNING ALL MY BUDDYS!!!

I'm up...been up...little bit of sleep...enough I don't feel tired. When I did go to sleep, it was with my bottom lip between my teeth...now I've got a DENT in MY LIP!!!

How is everyone this morning? JACK...you at work yet??? I worry about your getting tired...PLEASE don't get sick by getting that way! Get SOME REST this weekend!!!

SHIRLEY...YOU TOO GIRLFRIEND!!! When you hurt, you get tired..you've proved that by being too tired to post...BE CAREFUL!!! We don't want to lose you again to being tired!!

TONI...GOOD LUCK WITH THE PRODUCE...It's SKY HIGH down here because of the COLD SNAP we had...it ruined a lot of fields...As much as I love green beans, I REFUSE to pay what they want...Wen't to PUBLIX the other day and evidently they do toolll There weren't any!!

MONET...I'm getting as bad as you to forget my medicine...I didn't take my PAXIL for two days and had a meltdown...I unloaded on KATE (bless her heart) BAD I might add!!! I just can't seem to take it when I get up late..I've got to get on a better schedule or I'll end up like I did when I went back to work...NOT SLEEPING!!!
How's TOM doing with his search??? Still praying about it and hope it's soonlll
Yes, if I go back to the hospital ANYWHERE within the 90 days, I can re-instate...Keep those CLAY COVERED FINGERS CROSSED!! How were the pieces that were in the KILN???

MARY....When we get to be OUR AGE...it's called ARTHRITIS..I know we hate to admit it, but it happens!!! Feel better...I know what a BLOB this COLD can be...TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! Did you get the cough medicine and the MUCAS pill??? Don't put it off if you did...you'll be amazed at what that pill can bring up!!

ROSALIE...THANK YOU...I agree with JACK too..a different department will be the answer...STAYING WARM???

OK GIRLFRIENDS...Got dishes to do...

BOB
Old 02-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #213  

Good Morning

I just got back from my walk and thought I would sit here and have my coffee before going to fix breakfast. Eating has been good the last couple of days. Yesterday I made a big batch of lentil soup. I used a mixture of three different kinds of lentils this time plus some kidney beans. It was yummy. Have enough in the fridge for a few days plus some I put in the freezer. Oops, I've just remembered I had fast food last night. I was out doing a bit of shopping and couldn't make up my mind what to fix for dinner and decided to go for a hamburger and fries. Bad me but's it's been a long time since I had one. At least I didn't do any snacking at all yesterday. And the scale was o.k. this morning. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't go up tomorrow - sometimes there is a delayed effect.. I bought myself a new tv yesterday - just a 20 inch to put in the room where I have my computer so now I can watch tv and compute at the same time . Have to go to Sears later to see if I can find a small tv stand. At the moment it is sitting on a little wooden footstool but I just had to get it set up last night and that was all I had to put it on.

Teensy - I'm lucky that I am so close to the mall now. I'm looking forward to the time when I don't have to take the car and can walk there. It's only a five minute walk away but at the moment it's too cold and dark at 6 in the morning.

Sef - That's too bad that you only had a couple of people attend your session at the NH. You would think the staff would be a little more co-operative and make the effort to get them there. I used to work in long term care with severely affected alzheimer's patients. Myself and another nurse would often get a group together and play some tapes of some real old songs. It was amazing the response you got from some of them. They would sing along and some of them would dance too. The music seemed to hit a chord with them.

BOB - I was just about to hit submit and saw a couple of posts that weren't there before. This morning is very cold again but it looks like the sun is trying to shine.

Solly - Hope your neice enjoys and appreciates the party.

Well I guess I had better go and fix breakfast as I have bowling league to go to this morning.

Hi to everyone I have missed. Will be back later.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #214  

SOCIAL SECURITY SEX

Two men were talking. "So, how's your sex life?"
"Oh, nothing special. I'm having Social Security sex."
"Social Security sex?"
"Yeah, you know; I get a little each month, but not enough to live on!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOUD SEX

A wife went in to see a therapist and said, "I've got a big problem, doctor.
Every time we're in bed and my husband climaxes, he lets out this ear splitting yell."
"My dear," the shrink said, "that's completely natural. I don't see what the problem is."
"The problem is," she complained, "it wakes me up!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUIET SEX

Tired of a listless sex life, the man came right out and asked his wife during a recent lovemaking session, "How come you never tell me when you have an orgasm?"
She glanced at him casually and replied, "You're never home!"
CONFOUNDED SEX

A man was in a terrible accident, and his "manhood" was mangled and torn from his body. His doctor assured him that modern medicine could give him back his manhood, but that his insurance wouldn't cover the surgery since it was considered cosmetic. The doctor said the cost would be $3,500 for "small, $6,500 for "medium, $14,000 for "large."

The man was sure he would want a medium or large, but the doctor urged him to talk it over with his wife before he made any decision. The man called his wife on the phone and explained their options. The doctor came back into the room, and found the man looking dejected.

Well, what have the two of you decided?" asked the doctor.

The man answered, "She'd rather remodel the kitchen."
WEDDING ANNIVERSARY SEX

A husband and his wife had a bitter quarrel on the day of their 50th wedding anniversary.

The husband yells, "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that reads: 'Here Lies My Wife-Cold As Ever'."

"Yeah," she replies, "when you die, I'm getting you a headstone that reads: Here Lies My Husband - Stiff At Last.'"
WOMEN'S HUMOROUS SEX

My husband came home with a tube of K-Y jelly and said, "This will make you happy tonight."
He was right.
When he went out of the bedroom, I squirted it all over the doorknobs.
He couldn't get back in.
ELDERLY SEX

One night an 87 year old woman came home from Bingo to find her 92 year old husband in bed with another woman.
She became violent and ended up pushing him off the balcony of their 20th floor "assisted living apartment" .. Killing him instantly.

Brought before the court on charge of murder, the judge asked her if she had anything to say in her defense.

She began coolly, "Yes, your honour, I figured that at 92, if he could have sex . He could fly."
Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #215  
Sonya

HI all,

I'm back again...for good. I have been sick sense the first of Feburary with this nasty cold its just now leaving the body. Throats still sore and I still have a cough. I've been soooooo bad since October. I just couldn't seem to get back on track. Well as of this morning I am back with a vengence. I filled the house with legal foods and snacks and I dare anyone to bring chip candy or cokes in the house. I feel just like I did when I started out the first time do it or die!!!!! And thats something I haven't felt since I got pregnant with Ashley.

Bob-hi there lady!!!!! I have missed getting to post and talk to you.

Melf-Hey I'm back...lol

Monet-Hi Hi Hi!!!! I'm still around....as in very round...lol. But am back on track as of today. I drank about 3 gallons of water yesterday!!!!

To all, I have missed each and every one of you. I need you for life long good eating and friendship!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #216  
sef

HI ALL,

I hope all the ones who are feeling poorly will feel better soon.

I am avoiding my family. GD has been sick since last Sunday with a miserable cold. Doc said she didn't have flu. The prescribed medicine helped. She was lucky too, no classes on Tuesday because of mardi Gras, none on Wednesday because of Hangover Wednesday and her one class yesterday was cancelled because the teacher was sick, and no classes until this afternoon so she had time to rest. Still coughing tho.

This morning DS came home from work, he's sick now. It'll probably hit DIL just because!

I may have had a flare-up of pain but wasn't sick!!!

SOLLY: That's it Neurotin. I have a high tolerance for pain, have lived with it a long time. Which can be a double edge sword. By the time I'm really hurting, whatever hurts has progressed to a high level. At the same time want to avoid meds. Neurologist was pleased with that decision. So is Internist. I can feel your pain. I use a cane because at times I lose balance, especially when I change surfaces.....from rug to tile, etc.

BOB: So glad you can be reinstated. It is rough to lose your job, I did at 57, went to vocational school for Medical Adminstrator Assisitant. I loved transcribing.

Yeah, I know pain tires you, but I try to ignore the fact. I tried to rest yesterday. Just made a one dish skillet dinner I found years ago in an ad for Hunt's Tomato Sauce.

This morning I threw a frozen pot roast in the crockpot, peeled some potatoes. Thought DIL would cook them when she got home. Altho she's not sick yet she was tired from work so I did it. But everyone is feeling so lousy, I put it in the fridge. It's a meal I won't have to cook in the nexy couple of days.

Also glad you are feeling better, Kate too.

ROSALIE: I think staff slacked off because the Director wasn't there. I worked 10 years with geris and 10 with head trauma, so I know it can be hard. I think I ws upset because I made such an effort to be there. Again my orneryness coming out. I don't go there for a pat on the back. I have a lot of fun too.

Liked the sexy jokes!!

THUNDER: Don't think I've seen you post since I've been back. It's hard to climb back up on the wagon! We can do it.

MARY: Hope you're feeling better.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 02-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #217  
sef

A guy is out with buddies - has few drinks - is feeling a little frisky but, true to his wife, goes home.

He finds her sound asleep in bed with her mouth wide open, so he gets two aspirin and drops two of them in her mouth.

She starts to choke, but recovers and asks "What did you put in my mouth?"

He says, "Two aspirin."

She replies, "BUT I DON'T HAVE A HEADACHE!"

He says, - "That's all I wanted to hear."

################################################## ##
Happy Birthday Toes....

An old fellow was celebrating 72 years on this Earth. He spoke to his toes.

"Hello, toes!" he said. "How are you, toes? You know, you are 72 today. Oh, the times we've had! Remember we walked in the park in the summer every Sunday afternoon. The times we waltzed on the dance floor? Happy Birthday, toes!"

"Hello, knees," he continued. "How are you, knees? You know you're 72 today. Oh, the times we've had! Remember when we marched in the parade? Oh the hurdles we've jumped together. Happy Birthday knees!"

Then, he looked down at his crotch. "Hello Willie! You little bugger, If you were alive today, you'd be 72."
----------------------------------------------
An old lady was standing at the rail of the cruise ship holding her hat so that it wouldn't blow away in the wind.?

A gentleman approached her and said, "Pardon me, madam. I do not intend to be forward but did you know that your dress is blowing up in this wind?"

"Yes, I know," said the lady. "But I need my hands to hold onto my hat."?

"But madam, he said, "you must know that you're derriere is exposed!"??

The woman looked down, then back up at the man and said, "Sir, anything you see down there is 85 years old, but I just bought this hat yesterday!"
--------------------------------------
Last night, my Red Hat friends and I went to a Ladies Night Club. One of the girls wanted to impress the rest of us, so she pulled out a $10 bill. When the male dancer came over to us, my friend licked the $10 bill and stuck it to his butt cheek!

Not to be outdone, another friend pulls out a $20 bill. She called the guy back, licks the $20 bill, and sticks it to his other butt cheek.

In another attempt to impress the rest of us, my third friend pulls out a $50 bill and calls the guy over, and licks the $50 bill. I'm worried about the way things are going, but fortunately, she just stuck it to one of his butt cheeks again.

My relief was short-lived.

Seeing the way things are going, the guy races over to me! Now everyone's attention is focused on me, and the guy is egging me on to try to top the $50. My brain was churning as I reached for my wallet. What could I do?
The woman in me took over! I got out my ATM card, swiped it down the crack of his butt, Grabbed the eighty bucks, and left!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #218  

Hi ALL! Been a busy day. Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I'm feeling much better. Thanks everyone!

My DN & DD came to spend the day with me today & we had allot of catching up to do. It was great. Don't get to visit with DN very often. We went out to lunch at Golden Corral. Bad me ate off the buffet but don't think I did tooo bad really. Had a good size salad then a few fried shrimp (took off the batter) & some fried fish with the okra & tomatoes (love that stuff!) But it was my only meal of the day besides the small bowl of bran flakes & milk that I had tonight after I got home from a WMU meeting.

Tomorrow I'm gone to a Beth Moore Simulcast & will have a protein drink for breakfast & a salad lunch provided at the church so I should do well tomorrow.

Sonya!! Great to have you back to join in with us. You've been missed! Glad you've found your do-or-die motivation again. We all need that mind-set. Hope you get over your cold soon. It's just going around!

SEF, staying away from the family sounds like a good idea right now. You sure don't need their colds too. Stay well!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:52 AM   #219  

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!

Check the time...here I sit...watching TAXI CAB CONFESSIONS!! I love that show and it's been a marathon..I've been watching since midnight...these people just don't care what they say!

I'm going to spend the day doing laundry and get absolutely EVERYTHING washed up ...I've put this off all week and it's time to get er done !!!

ROSALIE...You up yet???? What's on your agenda for the day?

MARY...I'm so glad you're feeling better...Kate told me last night she thinks she's getting a cold...We go to the Doc on Tuesday, and I want some answers to all this sickness. She had a temp of 100.7 but he did call in some antibiotiics for the possible UTI so that might help.

SONIA...WELCOME HOME!!! Where is HUBBY this week? When will he be home again? How are the girls??? How's your Mom???

SHIRLEY...You feeling better??? How's your puppy???

TONI...What did you end up getting at the grocery? Fixing anything worth me making the trip this week???

MONET...What's going on at your house this weekend??? Making anything interesting???

Ok everyone, I'm off to finish the TAXI CAB...Now there a guy in there who had the full sex change and he's explained in detail how they did the surgery...

BOB
Old 02-24-2007, 06:46 AM   #220  
Sonya

Morning all,

Bob-Hubby is in Missouri this morning heading for Louisiana this evening to Monroe, La. He will be in this coming weekend. We are going out for our 12th wedding anniv. It is March the 7th but he will be back on the road by then. The girls are doing great. Schools here were out wed., thur, fri, for spring break. Mom and my step-dad are still involved in building their house. They bought some coriene on ebay and went to Illinios to pick it up..something to do with backsplash and counter top cover. Shes mad at me because I refused to sew another quillo. My step-aunt gave us a sewing machine and I went and picked it up to use at my house because I don't have one. Mom has 2 at her house. I asked to keep it here but they pitched a fit about it so I made her come get it. Now because of me refusing to come get the machine again and sew for her shes mad at me.....lol She will get over it eventually. I have sewed about 15 quillos for her in the past 2 years. I am not going to have a garden this year I have decided with hubby being gone its to much trouble by myself. So I am going to tomato plants and cucumber plants in buckets. Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

sef-I fell off the wagon back in October. Just couldn't seem to get motivated again until this week. Hope your feeling better.

Hi to everyone else!!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #221  
sef

Hi all,

Would have liked to sleep longer, but Bitsy had other thoughts on the subject. She wanted to go out. Once up and moving I can't go back to sleep.

I still feel OK, GD still not up to par but has to go into N.O. for a cattle call. The directors (she's a co-director) are casting their movie. She has no choice, but go. DS is still in the sleep mode feeling lousy. DIL has a migraine and a little cough. Unless it reaches the point I have to hold someone's head I am avoiding them like the plague!

Hooray and hallelullah, I finished the afghan last night. I thought I had two sides to go but it was only one and it was the short side, so gritted my teeth and did it! I'm gonna burn that pattern!!! Although I only on VERY RARE occasions have made the same afghan twice and then only by request.

MELF: Glad you are feeling better. Buffets are supposed to be a good choice, you can control the portions, etc. I always find I want the no-nos and seem to forget portion control.

BOB: I did laundry the other day, after not doing any for a week. Up and down stairs, lugging clothes and towels. Was glad to get it done though, I was to the point of having to go bare assed if I didn't do it!

You and Kate have been through so much. I hope the antibiotics help the UTI. Right now Kate is probably run down from being ill the last few weeks and is more suseptible to anything that comes along.

Will keep you in my prayers.

Bitsy is Bitsy. I am trying to break her of barking every time someone sighs, sneezes, laughs, etc. downstairs. She goes ape everytime GD comes up to her room. I finally filled a spray bottle with water, yell quiet and spray her. She hates it (wouldn't you?) and she is doing much better. It doesn't hurt her, couldn't do that. She watches and gives a little gurgle but doesn't bark as much. Did you ever hear a dog purr? She has this little noise that sounds just like a purr, and she can keep it up for quite a while.

THUNDER: Spring break indeed! Only in LA do you have everything closed so you can party!!!! Now in PA you get off for important things like the first day of deer season and doe day!

What is a quillo? I lead a sheltered life! Don't always know the things I should. Or after saying I don't know something I remember a few hours later that I do know. Comes with gray hairs.

My DH had a job where he was home a week away a week. We were always pushing dates around to fit his schedule. Never gave it a thought. The idea is to make the most of the time home.

I fell off the wagon when we evacuated for Katrina and just gained about 30#since then. My DD gave me a gift certificate for JCPenney, I am going to buy a good scale. I think I do better when I monitor myself. At least I hope I do.

OK time for breakfast, Bitsy's getting antsy.

Will try to check in later.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 02-24-2007, 10:24 AM   #222  

Good Saturday to you all--

Thought I had better check in since I haven't been able to the last couple of days. We have been busy as beavers. We woke up Thursday morning to a flooded bathroom. The bottom of the hot water heater had rusted out or sprung a leak or something.....I just know it was a mess. We have lived here 12 years and never had any problems with it, so I guess it was time. And we had so much to do on Thursday with my Doctor appt. and Ted's hearing for his name change that we weren't able to get anything done. Yesterday we went in and bought a new tank and DH worked on it all afternoon. We still don't have any water but will have today. He has to run for some more parts this morning and then the neighbor is coming to help him lift it up in to its little space. It sets in the bathroom at the front of the tub, but the access to it is outside. It is about 5 feet about the ground. Whom ever designed it this way never had to work on it in the winter time!!
Doctor appt was good, got some meds for my hot flashes. It is called Effexor. It is an antidepressant that has a great side effect of stopping the hot flashes. She said it will take about 2 weeks for the full effect, but it seems to be helping in just one day. I am still having them, but they are less intense and aren't lasting as long. Here I was taking the Black Cohosh and a Soy Isoflavone all this time and she told me to stop immediately. They are just plant forms of Estrogen, and because of a blood clot that I had in my leg, I am not supposed to have any type of hormones. I was under the impression that they didn't contain hormones......
I will get back here as soon as I can.....I am heating water to wash up with, and it is ready......have a great weekend all of you.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #223  

Y'all have got to see this...it's priceless!!

THE MIDDLE AGED WOMAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqyTkV6rh-4

BOB
Old 02-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #224  

Hi everyone

Didn't go for a walk this morning. Felt lazy so slept in but did go for a few games of badminton this afternoon. Was out to Sears this morning and bought a stand for my new tv but they have to order it so will be a couple of weeks before I get it. Nothing exciting happening to-day. I've got some almonds roasting in the oven. Was tired of paying the price for the roasted ones in the store so picked up a big bag in Costco yesterday for about half the price and will try roasting them myself. Most of them I have done plain but tried a few with a little oil and salt on them and some with some salt and cumin and garlic.

Sef - Hooray for finishing the afghan. I started one a few months ago but have only done about 1/4 of it. I can always find something else to do.. It's in two colors and I am not sure of the best way to add a new color. What do you think is best - adding the new color by knotting the threads together and weaving both ends in later or crocheting in the end of the new color and weaving in the old color later?

If there are any other crocheters here I'd welcome any suggestions.

Teensy - Hope you have your new water heater up and running and hope your new meds work well for you.

Thunderwoman - Welcome back and hope you stay around this time. I've recently returned after a long absence. Just had to get back on the wagon.

BOB - I was up for potty about 4 a.m. but went back and slept until about 7.30. I thought I deserved a lay in to-day.

Melf - Glad to hear you are feeling better. It sounds like you did o.k. at the buffet if that is all you had. If it was me I would have been at the dessert table too. My excuse being it is about the only time I eat dessert (well almost).

Old 02-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #225  
sef

Hi all,

Took some Ibruprofen and went to bed this afternoon for a nap. Had a horrible headache. Later I mentioned it to Lori and she said she and Kevin each did too. Pribably the weather as barometer is down and wild weather has been predicted. The nap did help.

That was the extent of my day.

TEENSY: Know what a mess a hot water heater flood can cause. Don't you wonder where some people's brains were when they design houses or add on rooms? How nice of your neighbor to help.

You always seem to be on the fly. I hope tomorrow is a slower day for y'all.

So many people think nature's pills are so much better, but they aren't controlled and we don't always know what they contain. So many have side effects we don't realize can happen. Glad you are getting some relief.

BOB: CUTE!!!!

ROSALIE: Let us know how the almonds turned out. A friend of mine makes delicious sugared walnuts using egg whites and sugar. I often wonder if it would work with Splenda.

About the crochet....I weave my yarns in as I go along. Much easier than using a needle or hooking them through afterwards, faster too. I don't know how often you change colors. If it's frequently (I made a checkerboard pattern once) you just carry the unused color along and crochet over it. If it's every row I'd carry the yarn along the edge, picking up the new color by dropping the first color leaving two loops on the hook and pulling the new color through. I never tie knots, you can feel them. I leave tails about 6" or so after changing colors and crochet over them as I go along. I have afghans that have been well used for 20 years, washed and dried. They have never come apart. If you want added security because you don't feel comfortable with that, pull the tails through the back or front loop of the row below (whichever does not show on the front design) and continue to crochet over them. I'm probably as clear as mud with my explanantion!

I made an afghan with 19 colors and twelve pattern designs. It was made in one piece and looked like decorative borders put together. Each border pattern had three or four or five colors, I just carried them along. There were a couple that needed cutting and I did as I said above. It came out beautiful. It was the most difficult crochet project I have ever done.

I never use knots in embroidery or cross stitch either.

I wouldn't wish my joints on my worst enemy,

Goodnight all.

MAy good things happen, Shirley
Closed Thread