Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #151  
sef

Hi y'all.

Busy day. First to the nursing home, then back home to let Bitsy out (hate to leave her in crate but she is a chewer). Then to the Walmart here for an ink cartridge, the shelves were bare. On to a friends house for a stitch group, we have coffee, gossip and do our own thing. We have a doily, scarf and afghan in the works. I'm th afghan. Then to the Walmart over there where I was able to get the ink.

This is the first chance I've had today to check in.

BOB: Thank goodness you were able to be home. We don't bounce back as quickly when we're 85 as opposed to even 65. We also seem to go downhill quicker.....about the only thing that we do quicker!! I hope you can keep Kate eating.

Being a caretaker is not easy. My hat is off to you. With my MIL I learned to count to ten often!! But she was worth it all.

I asked for a white chili recipe once before, got several. Tried one and it wasn't exactly a hit. This looks a little different, would have to halve it.

I look on a dumpling as one oiece of bread, there is no sugar. I have a good recipe if you're interested

TEENSY: What a gem your DH is! And you were so good at lunch. Hope those muscles ease up.

How odd about your DH's birth certificate! Pain to have to go to court too .....and for soemthing that wasn't his fault.

M2A: I hope the doctor's reading of the mammogram is different than yours. No use worrying until you have a definite diagnosis.

The problem with getting the foods we should be using is that all things are not available everywhere. There are so many different brands.I just read labels, which seemed to take forever at first.....who reads labels?....Now I can whiz right thru them. I use the 3g sugar rule, if there's more than it's a no-no. Stoneground, whole wheat. There are some new white breads out that claim to be whole wheat, but I have seen a couple of nutritionists on health shows and they say it is not the same, stick to stoneground whole wheat. There are wholewheat and oat bran pitas, ww tortillas. Look at the recipe boards a lot of good recipes there, variety too. I use Nature's Own SF WW bread. Triscuits are good, a few are good when you want something crunchy.

Oh by the way, remember that sugar comes in many ways destrose, sucrose, maltose, sugar alcohols, etc. Things that are high in natural sugars look for the No Sugar Added label.

I know what to do but fell off the wagon and am trying to get my act together again.

SOLLY: PA Dutch Pot Pie is not made with pie crust. It is made with baking powder and has an egg in it. It is rolled out as thinly as possible and cut into 2" squares. It means pie in a pot. After you debone the stewed chicken, you get the broth boiling and start layering. Chicken, pot pie squares, thin sliced potatoes, parsely, black pepper, Keep layering til all is used. Cover and keep at a boil for twenty minutes. Sooo good. There is chicken pie made in a pie pan with top and bottom pie crust.

I have such a hard time being good in restaurants. The group at church that goes for lunch afterwards often goes to the Chinese Buffet. I think that is easier than selecting from a menu......at least if you cheat you can maintain a little portion control!

I think the next time I try the Mexican chicken, I'll try your version.

Glad you are a bc survivor and reach out to encourage others. My sister is into year two of survival.

MONET: My word, seems to me you are always cooking!!!! And always seem to come up w/ delicious ideas!

After my DH retired and I was working, he would bring coffee in bed to me every mroning. We would chat a little before I got up for the morning getting ready to go to work ritual.

I usual answer posts as I go down the board. Looks like we both gave M2A the same advice. Oh well, good things need repeating!

Hope Tom's phone interview resulted in good news.

Why wait until Monday? Got someone to drag to the pottery shop means you have someone who can carry, I don't imagine clay is light!

I'm a little teapot.......sorry I digress. Hope you decide you like it.

MELF: A nice Valentine's Day! Pork and Brown Rice Casserole sounds good.

ROSALIE: Where does your sister live in OZ? Kevin and family lived 5 years in Canberra. I loved visiting there. I have a pen pal in Woon Garrah NSW. I met her in 1993 and we had a grand time touring around her area, a beautiful lighthouse that had a spectacular view, her favorite garden supplier and craft shops for cross stitching. I found her through a letters column in a cross stitch magazine. Geez that was 15 years ago, where does time go?

Thanks for the rice pudding recipe. Used to make regular rice pudding the old fashioned way and it took forever, stirring, stirring, stirring. Crockpot sounds good to me!

Tomorrow the Young At Heart are going to have a "Day At The Races", hope it doesn't turn into a Marx brothers show! We are going to the Racetrack in N.O. I may place a $2 bet! We're leaving at 10:15 a.m. Don't know when we will get home.

May good things happen. Shirley
Old 02-15-2007, 11:52 PM   #152  

Company just left, gotta hit the sack soon, as the electrician will be here bright and early! One of Laura's friends and her mom came by tonight and low and behold, the friend collects teapots! She liked mine...and her mom said she has friends who collect hand made pottery and to let her know when I had some stuff done, cause she might like some for presents.

Can you tell I am excited?

Sweet dreams all!

Old 02-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #153  

Hey ladies--

Just a fly by as I am headed out the door. My cousin called and can fit me in for a hair cut. It has been too long since the last one and we are in a transition stage so it is driving me crazy. I am not sure what style we are getting into but I am ready for something new. Only I am not sure if today is the day or we will still be transitioning..........

We are going to take my watch and bracelet in to have some links removed as it is too big. And then we are taking in my anklet that he got me for Christmas to have the keys moved on it (It has gold keys and hearts on it). And the keys are right on the ring that hooks so it is very hard to get it hooked. There is another ring an inch or so down that I want them to put the keys on. Hope this all makes sense to all of you!!

So I will be back this evening and do replies......
Old 02-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

Glad this week is almost over. It has been crazy. Got to the gym last night and did a combo, cardio and lower body. My legs were so tired last night. Made big grilled chicken salads for dinner. I had ham and cheese in mine instead of the chicken. Not much on chicken.
No plans for the weekend.

Monet, Keeping my finger crossed for TOM.

Melf, on that scale moving down. Keep it going.

Bob, taking care of your parent is hard, physically and emotionally. Take care.

Rosalie, I just said the other day, even though it has been terribly cold, the sun has been shinning a lot this winter. Ussally it is a gloomy winter. We are expecting 50's next week. Woo Hoo.

Teensy, you had better get the name thing straightened out. What about his social security? that could be messed up too.

Sef, have fun at the races. Hope you win. Congrats to your DS. May she see many, many more anniversaries.

Teensy, good luck on that hair cut. I hate trying to find a new style or growing into something. In fact, I hate hair all together. If I hadn't melted my wig, I would probably still be wearing it.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #155  

SEF - My sister lives in the Sydney area, NSW. Unfortunately I have never been there. We used to talk about going as my late dh also has relatives there but we never got around to it. Now I don't think I could put up with all that time sitting on a plane.

Since lunch I have been sitting at the dining room table catching up on reading the newspapers. Now I have to nip out to do a bit of grocery shopping. It's a little milder here to-day - about 22F. And the sun is still shining.. I went for my mall walk this morning and then bowling.

Will check in again later.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #156  

Hey everyone! The electrician got here this morning and while he was working, I had to leave to get prescriptions filled. When I got back, the kiln was warm and off. Tom found the right cone, put it in the kiln sitter, and fired it. He checked the elements, and said everything worked fine! I can now fire my stuff at home here! Yay! All I need now is to get my shelves back from up north, and my kiln supports....so I can stack. I have a few here, so I can do some bisque firings...and I might go buy a new shelf. I need a full sized one anyway.

I am packing up, and we are leaving soon for a weekend retreat from church. It is about where I usually go to work on pottery! Just a bit further to the east, but about as far north of here, near Toccoa. It ought to be a nice, relaxing weekend. I hope it is warm enough to do some hiking while we are up there.

I will be back Sunday afternoon, and will check in then. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #157  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD FRIDAY TO ALL MY BUDDYS!!

It's cold here today...supposed to dip into the 20's tonight and be really cold tomorrow...my Brother and SIL are coming off the boat tomorrow and man will they be cold...after being in Belise and all that warm weather...I hope they don't get sick!

We both slept really well last night and I think that is the key...REST...Kate goes to the EYE SURGEON on Monday, so I've got to take her to get her hair washed this weekend...She said she feels better today...FINGERS CROSSED!!!

MONET...Have a good time...hope it doesnt snow!!!

JACK...have a good weekend...maybe you need some rest too since you have nothing planned!!

Ladies I'll be back...I've got replies for all of you..

BOB
Old 02-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #158  
sef

Hi y'all,

Too tired to do a real post. If you want to know which horse will finish last, ask me. I seem to be able to pick 'em!!

Had a nice time. I didn't know you could bet only a dollar, thought the minimum was two. So mine were fun bets. More interesting if you have a little money in a horse and got to root for him/her/it

Had a nce lunch. We all enjoyed ourselves and would like to go again.

We car pooled and my group had to leave early so only saw half the races.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 02-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #159  
Bustin' Buddy

TEENSY: Girl....all I can say is that it was a HUGE surprise! We have no idea as to how it happened because if you were to ask Terry he would say that we haven't "done the do" in over a year! HAHAH! He says he wants a DNA test!! HAHA! What a turd! We still have Alexis and she is growing up so fast. She's 19 months now going on 25 years. Things are looking good with her - just waiting for parental rights to be terminated. I'm due August 14th - we just still can't believe it - what a miracle!

SOLLY: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! This is definitely the farthest - all my other pregnancies ended before 7 weeks. We don't plan on finding out the sex - there are so few surprises left in life - I want that to be one of them!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

HEY TO EVERYONE ELSE!! I'll try to get back soon!

Love ya
Missy
Old 02-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #160  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Brrrrrrrrrr!!!

I had to go to the grocery...spent $150 but didn't buy anything that wasn't on sale! Got some wonderful deals on beef that had just been marked down. Including a London Broil for $1.50!!! I'll put all the beef in the freezer for a later date. I'm going to fix Kate some chicken legs tomorrow. The other day, I fixed a big pot of beef stew and then yesterday turned it into soup! Tonight, I fixed a pot of rice and she's having the soup over rice now. At least she's eating!

MISSY...now let's not start talking DNA...we don't want to get TERRY mixed up in the ANNA NICOLE DEAL!!! How's LEXIE???? Any new pictures? How bout a picture of the MOMMY TO BE???

SEF..OH MY GAWD!!! I miss the HORSE RACES so much. There's a track in TAMPA, but it's just not KEENELAND!!! Did you win ANY MONEY??

ROSALIE...With all the travel you do and have done, I can't believe you never went down to see your Sister! You're right though...isn't it a 24hr plane trip or close to it? Talk about some swollen ankles!

COLLEEN...Have the deer been to your house this winter? Kate is so much better today...I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end to this sickness!

OK...WHERE'S MARY?????

I'm off to watch TAKE HOME CHEF...I just love this show!
Tonight, I'm going to watch FLY BOYS and DOWN IN THE VALLEY

BOB
Old 02-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #161  

Happy Birthday Solly!!! Hope you have a great week end!!

Had a busy day but still 100% OP!!! I'm proud of myself & scale still looking good. 2 more lb & I'll be in a new set of numbers that I have not seen in a LONG time so that in itself is a real incentive for me!

I know it's a short post but got to go!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #162  
Bustin' Buddy

BOB: HAHA! The DNA has been such a big joke since Dec. You know...a guy could have gotten "it" last night and he'll say it's been months! Well, Ter is always doing that! HAH! I mean....it has slacked drastically over the past year and a half but it isn't non existant like he says! He's so sad!! HA! So, we've been doing a lot of clowning - especially since it was such a shock! I hope it comes out looking just like him that way I can say - you see that one time we did it in the last year paid off! HA! Did I send you the pics from Mardi Gras of Lexie?
Old 02-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #163  
Bustin' Buddy

I'm going to attach a few pics of Lex from the Mardi Gras parade last weekend.

Missy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00806.jpg (56.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00791.jpg (20.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00797.jpg (54.5 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #164  
sef

Good Morning,

I am a little overhung this morning. Yesterday was fun but a lot of up, walk and down, then up, walk, down again. But it was so much fun.

BOB: Apparently you didn't read my post right.........."If you want to know which horse will finish last, ask me. I seem to be able to pick 'em" So nope didn't win. Bet on five races and three of my picks finished last, the other two did better....next to last!

When I was growing up we lived near Freehold Raceway, which was sulky races; and Monmouth Park which was thoroughbreds. Then when I married and moved to Milford, PA we were near Goshen (ever here of Dan Patch?) and Monticello. Both were sulkies. Both in NY. Loved going to them.

You're a girl after my own heart. I love to make a dinner and then serve it up another way the next night. Leftovers can make one very inventive!

Glad Kate is eating Hope you are too. You need your energy.

SOLLY: Didn't know it was your birthday. Happy Birthday. I'll have to check the Bios and familiarize myself with everybody.

MISSY: 45-50 years ago, they couldn't tell the sex of an unborn child. I don't think I'd want to know. You're right about the surprises or lack of, in life.

I never thought I'd be saying 20 years ago, let alone 40 or 50. Sometimes I shock myself when talking about something and say 20 years ago. Then all of a sudden it will dawn on me....nope, that was 40 years ago! Time sometimes is a irrelevant thing.

Think I'll make a stab at cleaning. Bitsy adorable, I brush her everyday, but she still seems to leave furry reminders of her all over the place!!

OKay, I know today is Saturday. But I missed FF!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Two nuns are ordered to paint a room in the convent, and the last Instruction of the Mother Superior is that they must not get even a drop of paint on their habits.

After conferring about this for a while, the two nuns decide to lock the door of the room, strip off their habits, and paint in the nude.

In the middle of the project, there comes a knock at the door. "Who is it?" calls one of the nuns.

"Blind man," replies a voice from the other side of the door.

The two nuns look at each other and shrug, and deciding that no harm can come from letting a blind man into the room, they open the door.

"Nice boobs," says the man, "where do you want the blinds?"
######################
Wild Sex After 70

The husband leans over and asks his wife, "Do you remember the first time we
had sex together over fifty years ago? We went behind this very tavern
where you leaned against the back fence and I made love to you."

"Yes, she says, "I remember it well."

"OK," he says, "How about taking a stroll around there again and we can do it for old time's sake?"

"Oh Charlie, you old devil, that sounds like a crazy but good idea!

"There's a police officer sitting in the next booth listening to all this, and having a chuckle to himself. He thinks, "I've got to see these two old-timers having sex against a fence. I'll just keep an eye on them so there's no trouble." So he follows them.

They walk haltingly along, leaning on each other for support aided by walking sticks.

Finally they get to the back of the tavern and make their way to the fence. The old lady lifts her skirt and the old man drops his trousers. As she leans against the fence, the old man moves in. Suddenly they erupt into the most furious sex that the watching policeman has ever seen.

This goes on for about ten minutes. Both are making loud noises and moaning and screaming. Finally, they both collapse, panting on the ground.

The policeman is amazed. He thinks he has learned something about life and old age that he didn't know. After about half an hour of lying on the ground
recovering, the old couple struggle to their feet and put their clothes back
on.

The Policeman, still watching thinks, this was truly amazing. He
thinks, I've got to ask them what their secret is.

As the couple passes, he says to them, "Excuse me, but that was something else. You must've had a fantastic sex life together. Is there some sort of secret to this?

"The old man says,"Fifty years ago that wasn't an electric fence."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You'll Love This One

A guy walks into the local welfare office, marches straight up to the counter and says, "Hi... You know, I just HATE drawing welfare. I'd really rather have a job."

The social worker behind the counter says, "Your timing is excellent. We just got a job opening from a very wealthy old man who wants a chauffeur and bodyguard for his beautiful nymphomaniac daughter. You'll have to drive around in his Mercedes, but he'll supply all of your clothes. Because of the long hours, meals will be provided. You'll be expected to escort her on her overseas holiday trips. You mayl have to satisfy her sexual urges from time to time. You'll be provided a two-bedroom apartment above the garage. The
starting salary is $200,000 a year."

The guy, wide-eyed, says, "You're bull****tin' me!"

The social worker says, "Yeah, well... you started it!"

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 02-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #165  

Good Morning! Just got back from the nursing home to see my DM. My DN asked me to meet her there so she could bring her 6 m.o. son to see Mom. We took a few pictures. Mom tried to take him & kiss him which is about the response I was hoping for. She still reacts when she sees babies. Still heartbreaking to know that she doesn't seem to respond to much else & it's hard to know what she really is aware of since she doesn't talk anymore. She does hold our hand though & that seems to be a comfort to her & also to us. I'm thankful for that.

Scale still down this am. Had a cup of coffee & an Atkins shake on my way out the door but not sure about lunch. This evening we have a Chilli Supper that we're doing as a Relay For Life Fund Raiser so I'll be going to help with that. I know I'll be eating that for supper.
Closed Thread