Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 212/212/200

Unhappy January 9

Does chasing a dog around the neighborhood for about an hour count as exercise?? Cause that is all I have done today as far as exercise. I had some calls to make this morning, so I didn't go to the gym...I should have put them off and done them after going to the gym =\ At least I was motivated then. Came home from getting DS#1 from preschool and had to call and wait for the tow truck to come and get my car..still haven't heard what is wrong with it. Misfit doggie has appointment in an hour to get her stitches taken out..hoping I don't have to take the kids with me. One is getting tired and the other is SOOOO whiny and mouthy today. I just want to call it a day and soak in the tub!

Will definitely double up on the effort tomorrow..eating has been horrible today as well =\

~Liz (in sore need of "the prod")
Old 01-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #122  

Ok, the prod helped a lot. Got my lazy butt out of bed this morning and did the 2 mile WATP. Then this afternoon my DD wanted to do the 1 mile WATP. She is 4 and so cute walking with mommy. Such a smug expression on her face. So that makes 3 miles for today. I don't know if I can do it everyday, but I will probibly keep at least the 2 miiles in the morning.
Well it's off to a wrestling meet, the kids are all looking forward to me being there.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:16 PM   #123  

I got 45 minutes in on the treadmill at the gym, and swam for 1/2 hour.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm taking a rest day today cause I just didn't have the energy. Linda, I'll need that prod tomorrow cause one slack day means no other day's for me.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:53 AM   #125  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking No Prod For Me!

LINDA I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT BOTH "HERE & THERE". BEING ACCOUNTABLE HAS MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE. DID MY PEDALS AND I AM OFF AGAIN TO THE DRS. I WILL NOT LET THIS WEEK GET AWAY FROM ME
Old 01-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #126  

Good Morning! Mel, I see your egg light on! I am proud of you and the rest who are sticking to your guns and doing so well. I am going to do my Pilates DVD now so I'll post more afterwards.. Till then!
Donna
Old 01-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #127  

Talking

Donna.. prodding is a lot more than a word around these parts. Good going on the treadmill! and later today we want to hear you did you pilates.

Jess good going on the gym. The endurance WILl come. Patience my dear. It takes time to build up. Consistency is key. I use Kathy Smith's Timesaver Lift weights to lose weight video.

Sherry. - come do my ab workout. please.

DonnaS - Great workouts!! I wish I had access to a pool. I miss it.

Clareh. nice workout. We can see you glowing from here!

Tammie - Excellent workouts and I can smell your enthusiasm!!

Liz, liz liz.. Mmm needs the prod huh? Exercise for most of us has been something we've done "whenever" in the past. When we can find the time, that is and somehoe we never are able to find the time. But we do manage to find the time to talk on the phone, sit on our butts and watch TV etc.. It's all about prioritizing... what matters to you most? You have to schedule this in.. every single day!! Most people find they eat better on days they exercise because who wants to screw up an excellent exercise day by eating crap? I know it helps me immensely. So get back on the horse right this second, but don't forget this feeling because next time you are tempted to put off the exercise, you might think twice. Prod off.

Bette brava!! So you wrestle in your spare time? WOW!!

Ceejay, prod is waiting for you... I'll remember!

Miss Mel.. pedal that butt off.. YAY!

This morning was 46 minutes of step aerobics and 20 minutes of upper body weights. My tiny pea brain is still having trouble wrapping itself around the idea that I have to drop back on the weights because I tried with my normal heavier ones again this morning for one exercise and came this close to hurting myself again.. At least it was a different muscle this time. Gad. Stubborn is spelled LINDA today I think.

Go out and make today a sweaty good day!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #128  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

Smile Jan 10

Went to the Y and did 25 min on the recombent bike ...my knee was hurting a little this morning to walk on it and the recombent bike was just what I needed to get moving but take the pressure off of my knee...I'm still a little sore from lifting weights, but that just means I'm building muscle. I'm thinking tonight I'll see if I've got any pilates workouts on the dvr from this week yet and work that to see if I can work out the soreness in my muscles. Only way to get'r done
Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Did get up this morning but only got in 8 minutes of aerobics. Will do more tonight after work. No prod needed, but thanks for having it ready.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #130  

Yes, Yes, Yes! I DID do my Pilates! I feel good!
Old 01-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #131  

There is a pilates class at the Rec Center tonight, that I'm going to try. I didn't workout persey this morning, unless you count playing with at 14th month old at 3:30 am, because she just decided to.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

4.5 mile fast walk. New trainers- my little toe is one big blister.

Tomorrow is my deay off (hurray!) so am trying to help my feet heal with a hot bath.

Pilates rocks, I don't do it anymore because of time, but it really helps you relax as well as tone. There is a 'dynamic hatha' yoga class held in a church hall 3 mins from my door on Mondays which I'm thinking of trying but it sounds a bit scary. Has anyone tried it?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

4.5 mile fast walk. New trainers- my little toe is one big blister.

Tomorrow is my deay off (hurray!) so am trying to help my feet heal with a hot bath.

Pilates rocks, I don't do it anymore because of time, but it really helps you relax as well as tone. There is a 'dynamic hatha' yoga class held in a church hall 3 mins from my door on Mondays which I'm thinking of trying but it sounds a bit scary. Has anyone tried it?
Old 01-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Started TOM today and had horrid cramps and headache and of course didn't feel like exercising. But I did anyway and I'm glad because cramps are gone now. Ten minutes on the stairmaster and 30 on the elliptical.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #135  

Can I join you please. I have been doing ok with food since August and just started exercising last week. I joined a training center, did and hour with a trainer last week. Then I had to work out of town and didn't get back till yesterday. I did a basic bar class (9lbs) and 1/2 hour on the elliptical. Today was 20 minutes cardio and easy on the weights because it hurts, so I just did 24 lifts on the gravitron and some sit ups.
I feel all sore, but my DH, the workout king, says that's good pain and I should be happy about it.
I am going to try to get to a beginning weights class tomorrow, but it's very early, so I'm not too sure.
It has been several years since I last worked out and I have never worked out with this much fat on me. I feel clumsy and out of form and stamina. I know all this can change and I am hopeful.
Laura
Closed Thread