Old 01-31-2006, 01:15 PM   #1  

Default New here...trying to lose a lot...

I have 1 year old triplets. Before getting pregnant with them, I'd already gained about 40 pounds from infertiliy-related depression and the fertility drugs I'd taken for 3.5 years. It's getting harder and harder to keep up with them in this state...I've got to lose weight and find more energy. They're surely not slowing down for me!

DH is Italian (first generation American) and loves the idea of the Sonoma diet. I think it sounds great, too. I'll be hanging out here for a bit reading what y'all have to say about it before jumping in.

What kinds of exercise routines can you recommend that don't require a gym or tons of time. Obviously, I dont' have either.

Monica
triplettummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:26 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplettummy
I have 1 year old triplets. Before getting pregnant with them, I'd already gained about 40 pounds from infertiliy-related depression and the fertility drugs I'd taken for 3.5 years. It's getting harder and harder to keep up with them in this state...I've got to lose weight and find more energy. They're surely not slowing down for me!

DH is Italian (first generation American) and loves the idea of the Sonoma diet. I think it sounds great, too. I'll be hanging out here for a bit reading what y'all have to say about it before jumping in.

What kinds of exercise routines can you recommend that don't require a gym or tons of time. Obviously, I dont' have either.

Monica
Welcome Monica. You certainly have a handful there.

I am a big fan of exercise vidoes because I can do them any time I want to.. no driving to classes and they are ready when I want!! I do cardio and weight training 5+ days a week for about 70-90 minutes at a shot, but you cannot and shouldn't start out at that level.

A lot of ladies here swear by Walk Away the Pounds videos, which are walking tapes. They are great for a beginner but as you progress, you will need to keep challenging yourself.

A great place to check out videos is www.collagevideo.com
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Hello and welcome to the boards.. Triplets, I cant imagine it!!! I had two kids, 7 yrs apart.. The Sonoma is a great diet.. very helathy and the girls have added lots of recipes on the site. Browse the boards when you have time. They have a lot to offer. For exercise with triplets would be a challenge, do you have someone that can relieve you for a bit each day? even the hubby.. I would suggest some workout DVDs .. they are geared at different levels and time.. I have one by Denise Austin that is just 10 mins long... A stability ball is great for core strengthening.... working the ABs ect... I wish you much success on your weight loss journey... India
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Put those precious babies in a stroller and walk, walk, walk. Aim for 30 minutes a day. I lost 50 lbs. in 1997 just by dieting and walking...nothing fancy. Maybe on weekends, your hubby could put you and the kiddies in the car and take you to a nice park with the stroller, and you could all walk together.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:03 PM   #5  

Monica,

My weight gain was mainly from depression related to fertility issues, I could get pregnant, but couldn't sustain a pregnancy, so I understand both your aspects, because with my 15 month old, I need to lose weight to keep up with her.

Welcome, DH and I love the Sonoma way of cooking, we have both been on it for the last month, him just for dinner, but he is started the whole thing, 100% this week.

As for exercise, I know sometimes it's a chore to get them all in a stroller and happy with being in the stroller the same time, I use videos, and when little one is sleeping, I can pop it in on the weekend.

The other thing is wrestle around with them on the floor, Brianna and I have been doing this for about the last week, and I get a workout let me tell you. I let her push me down from a sitting position, then lift her in the air with my arms and legs, then use my stomach to pull us both back up. She can do this for hours and after about 1/2 hour I'm tired and can feel it. It's a great way to work in some exercise, an not feel like you are taking time away from the babies.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote