Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #106  

I got in 30 minutes of my Kathy Smith tape while baby and daddy were sleeping, I was really looking forward to swimming, but this is the next best thing.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #107  

OK, I get the cattle prod, I didn't get my walking in on Saturday, but I did go spend 4 hours at the wrestling meet, does watching a bunch of high school wrestlers sweat count?
I did get up this morning to get my mile in before church, and I found I felt a lot better doing it than I did Saturday when I didn't get it done. If I can get up in time I'm going to try the 2 mile one. I did a little preview of it this morning, just running through it in fast forward to see what I have to look forward to, my daughter was watching and trying to do it, she kept complaining about there being no sound.

I'm going to ask again, is there any problems with doing this bare foot? I just don't like wearing shoes in the house if I don't have to, I'm a barefoot girl.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #108  

Bette. consider yourself zapped, but the good thing you have realized how much better you felt exercising than not exercising. That is an important realization! As far as barefoot, I know some tapes like TAebo are okay with it and maybe for some mild walking with things like WATP it might not be causing you troubles. As you progress with different cardio, you will need to be wearing shoes for safety sake and to help prevent injury. Might be a good idea to get used to them now as well as not tempt fate about injuries. You might try going to google.com and doing some research on your own, because as far as I know shoes really are necessary. .. but I don't know everything.

Donna.. good for you.. glad the babies both slept.

Ceejay.. good for you too. No prod

Sherry a bike ride is great exercise.. bet it felt good to get out there and commune with nature! I wish I had a bike and a place to ride as well as company.

Liz.. good for you for going. We ALL have days that its a struggle, me included but the important thing is that you pushed through and did it!

Clareh.. a walk is a nice light workout. What matters most is that you moved! Good!

Jules. I too need to take a crowbar to my wallet one of these days and get a vcr/dvd combo and join the decade. I also need a bigger TV set because minenis 19" and I cannot see it well anymore Agreed on the exercise channel. This is how you can make your fortune. Go do it!!

I did my weights later today, finished my cooking for the week, swept and mopped the kitchen and vacuumed the whole house. Now I need to not mess it up because it should walways be this nice.. just don't look at the messy master bathroom.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:20 AM   #109  

It's MONDAY! YES finally I can feel like I can get serious again. I guess I need the prod. Linda. THIS Donna hasn't been so good.

Donna
Old 01-09-2006, 08:50 AM   #110  

Happy Monday all!

Okay, let's see: Friday 100 of Adrianna's crunches. Saturday was 3 hours of hard cleaning (moving furniture, etc. Try that one handed! LOL! AND I was dripping with sweat when it was all over) and yesterday was the 1 miler WATP dvd.

Not my goals, obviously, but at least I'm making a conserted effort to try SOMETHING every day.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:08 AM   #111  
Marathon Goddess

OK lets see, posting on the weekend, seems to never work out, i get on here get distracted and before I know it I have run out of time, and need to hit the road. So lets see, Saturday, i didnt run, zap me please, I dont know why I havent started that back yet, first I had to wait a couple of weeks, and now Im just being lazy, I have however walked lots! I walked Saturday, then again on Sunday with my dogs, probably Im not running because my oldest dog had leg surgery last sping and he can no longer run, and the weather has been so nice Ive been taking him on long walks instead, anyway I also did an hour of pilates last night. Have a great Monday everyone!!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #112  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Unhappy 1/9/06 Wt:180

HELLO MISS HAPPY TX, I SEE YOUR GODDESS EGG LIGHT IS ON! HAPPY MONDAY.

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE! GOT UP EARLY AND EXERCISED BEFORE GETTING READY FOR THE DRS APPT. TODAY. MY WEIGH-IN WAS NOT GOOD AS YOU CAN SEE. UP ANOTHER POUND. BETTER GET THE FOOD AND WATER THING DOWN TO WHERE IT BELONGS. ESPECIALLY THE SALT!
HAVE A GREAT DAY
Old 01-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlzbth
It's MONDAY! YES finally I can feel like I can get serious again. I guess I need the prod. Linda. THIS Donna hasn't been so good.

Donna
Donna, why do you think Monday is the only day to get serious again? EVERY day is a day to get serious. Your body has no idea whether is it Friday Tuesday, Christmas Eve, Halloween or Monday.. it processes calories the same way every day.. no get out of jail free card on weekends! Considered yourself prodded.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #114  

Morning ladies.

I am mainlining coffee right now so bare with me while I become human.

I got in 93 minutes yesterday and 70 minutes this morning and my body is very happy. Of course it would be happier 20 pounds lighter, but I digress....

Donna - I already prodded your butt so I expect the next post to be much better.

Kel, you did the best you could with a busted up paw so good for you. That all we can do!

Happy, well maybe you need a break from running.. what about doing something else for a bit..water exercise, video tapes, riding a bike? I am glad you walked though. Movement is good!

Mel, the scale is a p*** poor measure of progress so do not let it determine how you are feeling about yourself. Do you feel more energetic. It will come. don't worry, but you are right.. all the exercise isn't going to take off poundage when we eat more than we need.

God, already some dimwit woman annoyed me this morning.. at work, not here. You write notes to tell people what to do and the don't even read them!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr I called her and pointed it out and all I got was "Oh" SMACK!

I need to go slurp coffee and make another post. so I'll come back later.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #115  

Ok Linda! I did it! I did my time on the treadmill. This week I will continue my 20+ minutes and each week I will increase it five or more at a time. So, no need for more prodding (is that even a word??? LOL) I feel very good now.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:00 PM   #116  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Weekend--managed to go over on calories both Friday and Sunday. But I did get to the gym on Saturday and did the treadmill and bike. I could tell I hadn't been doing that kind of workout because the endurance was not there! I had to push and shove to do a combined 30 minutes. Planned on doing weights but then realized I had to be at church RIGHT then for a rehearsal! Whoops! I need to just get me some light weights to work with at home.

Those who do weight training videos--which ones do you use?

Jessie
Old 01-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaT
Sherry a bike ride is great exercise.. bet it felt good to get out there and commune with nature! I wish I had a bike and a place to ride as well as company.
I really enjoy exercising outdoors. It's fun and doesn't seem like something I "should" do. And it seems that our weekly bike rides are the only time my husband and I can have nice, uninterrupted conversations! But there is some effort involved; we don't live close enough to the beach or any rivers to ride there so we have to put the bike rack on the car, load the bikes, and drive there.

Today it's back to the grind ... 60 minute lower body and ab workout. For next week, I am considering changing my routine so it doesn't take so long. Plus, I think it's a good idea to change exercises to continually challenge muscles. But I need the weekend to do some research and figure it out.

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #118  

I didn't get my workout in this morning, woke up with a major sinus headache (thank you hubby), took some sinus medicine went back to bed for an hour.

But I am stopping at the Rec Center tonight on my way home, I brought my clothes with me.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

4.5 mile walk in 1hr 10 mins. Felt good today and got me glowing.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #120  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

Talking okay okay

Okay I know I haven't posted my exercise in the past WEEK, but I've been really good!

I went to the Y on Wednesday and Thursday and did 20 minutes on the exercise bike...I would have done 30 but I ran out of time before work! On Friday I didn't make it to the Y so I did a pretaped Denise Austin Daily Workout...Saturday I did a pretaped Denise Austin Lite workout and also a pilates workout (first time actually doing pilates and I've always wanted to...and let me tell you I absolutely LOVED it!!! I want to join a class! Yesterday I spent ALL day cleaning the house...and I do mean ALL day with little breaks, mostly for meals...and then today I did strength training at the Y...and just today for the first time my muscles are sore! I think a soak is in order tonight...and I'll be ready to hit it again tomarrow
Closed Thread