Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #151  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

Default January 12

Yesterday I slept in and didn't make it to the Y. I was very sad but at the same time the sleep felt really really good. I was going to do pilates last night before bed, but missy Emma decided to wake up while I was on the phone with my mom, and I had to put her back to sleep. By the time I laid her down I was exhausted!

This morning I got my lazy butt back to the Y and did 25 min on the treadmill at 3 mi an hour...THAT got my heart racing! I feel much better than I did at 6:30 this morning with Rachael fussing because she was much too tired to be up (had to take daddy to work this morning at 5!) Emma crying 'cuz she's hungry and me just cranky because I had only gotten 5 hours of sleep.

I'm doing a Sonoma no-no...full sugar in my coffee instead of Splenda...I wasn't even thinking of anything this morning except "Coffee!"
Old 01-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #152  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaT
There is part of a song I think about sometimes.. goes like this

Some days it don’t come easy, and some days it don’t come hard
Some days it don’t come at all, and these are the days that never end
OKAY!!! No Meatloaf in the diet forum!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #153  

I got in 30 minutes of swimming, and 25 minutes on the elipitcal before they closed. So it ended up being a pretty good day.

I did one of my Kathy Smith tapes this morning, and I might try a different one tonight before I go to bed, I slept really good last night when I got back from the gym.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearjerker
OKAY!!! No Meatloaf in the diet forum!!!
hehehe Okay we'll just dub him ChickenLoaf or FishLoaf to make him more Sonoma friendly.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #155  

Tammie and DonnaS.. good going on the workouts. Donna now aren't you glad you went and ignore yourself? Sometimes the our worst enemy is ourselves!

The other Donna and Sherry.. brava to you too!

Liz, yes any movement is better than none, but you need to start scheduling in your exercise too. This is too important to put off. Yes I am an unrelenting nag, but someday you'll thank me for it.

I had a tough time sleeping last night from a busy and rather up and down da y at work, so I didn't get to sleep early or even on time. Getting up was very hard this morning but I got in 50 minutes of step aerobics and 20 minutes of upper body weights. I wasn't happy about doing it, but it's done!!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #156  

Short post but wanted to report Pilates is done and it is getting much harder to do! But still I enjoyed it and my sore abdomen before the workout is not sore now! YES!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #157  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Arrow Thursday

Linda, you are soooo right!! Staying with the exercise has helped me feel in control of something at least!!!
I am also loving the Sonoma Diet book. This plan is very close to one I have been following but is much more Doctor friendly!! Real food and nothing is cut out.(more or less)
I got back again early so I am off to pedal my buns right now. It keeps me going.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

I love it that, for the most part, everyone is still exercising!

I definitely feel my arms and upper back today from yesterday's weight increase, but it's not too bad. Maybe the swimming last night helped.

Today I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I usually like to increase the incline every minute so my heart rate gradually goes up, and on a 30-minute workout I will do about 3 of those intervals. Today, I increased the time at my high heart rate to 2 minutes.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #159  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Update! Walked Monday and Wednesday for 25 minutes each in our garage. I don't think I did on Tuesday but I can't remember...is that bad? LOL. Strength exercises on Tuesday night and tonight I need some real cardio. Will head to the gym or do an aerobics tape. I have been having major soreness in my back and shoulder but I know that isn't a reason not to exercise...right Linda? I might need a little prodding though.

On a very happy note--I lost 1.5 lbs last week (of the 3 lbs I gained over the holidays). Yahoo for being back on track. And y'all are great for exercising your butts off!!!

Jessie
Old 01-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #160  

I got my 2 mile WATP in again today, in between taking care of sick kid. DS has strep throat, and the only thing worse than a sick husband is a sick male teen.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 212/212/200

Post January 12-Update

Just checking in real quick...I actually made it to the gym tonight...my friend was broke so we decided to go to the Y to get out of the house anyways. Just did some strength training and walked around the track a little..nothing major.

~Liz
Old 01-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #162  

Just joining in here at 3FatChicks. Right now, I am doing 25 minutes a day on my treadmill or gazelle, 5 days a week. I also try to walk my dog when the weather is good enough. My plan is to increase 5 minutes to my work out every week.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:54 PM   #163  

Welcome Coal miners wife! You are doing the same thing I am except I am incorporating Pilates in with my cardio every other day. Best to you! LindaT is the greatest!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #164  
Marathon Goddess

Good Morning ladies,

Last night was walking the dogs for me, and we dont walk a slow pace, so dont worry we arent dawdling around the neighborhood, I walk a 14 minute mile, so we are moving at a pretty good rate of speed! :-)

Tonight, its pilates, normally I would take today off, but I skipped Wednesday due to work.

Welcome Coal Miners Wife!

Have a great friday the 13!! :-) Woohoo, its going to be a great day!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #165  

Welcome Coal Miners Wife.

No extra workout for me last night, I had too much homework. I did get up this morning though and do pilates. Through our digital cable, the On Demand feature has different workout in it, so I thought I would try one.

Today was weigh in and I'm down another 2 pounds - Yeah me!
Closed Thread