Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #31  

Here I am! Linda, I really need to get my lazy butt up and move it, move it, move it! LOL I don't want to be one of those who doesn't start caring about all this till the first of the year but it just so happened that the timing after recovery from surgery(s) (yes, tis been one of those years! LOL) I have the "go" from the doctor that it's ok to start the active life again. I want to incorporate the Sonoma plan into my diet as well as for my family too. I love Pilates and just walking with my 'tunes' and I do own a treadmill so I am starting tomorrow morning after drop off of DD to school on the treadmill for the starting out period and I'm working myself up. Now, if weather permits I may just take it to the streets! I am feeling really psyched to this and I have you to thank!
Donna
Old 01-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #32  
Canada

My excersise consists of running after 3 kids: 4,5 and 7. and when the oldest is in school, I exercise my fingers typing messages to you all. Does 1 hour grocery shopping count once a week?
Ok, Ok, I suck. My friends have been bugging me forever to go to the gym, but I have no desire to go. I would rather eat sand all day (any calories in sand? ) than go to the gym... sad I know. Hoping the first 20 lbs can come off with diet and then see how much energy I have to loose the next 30 with a gym membership...
Old 01-04-2006, 08:56 AM   #33  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WOW! PAGE 3 ALREADY! GOOD FOR ALL OF US JUMPING ON LINDA'S 2006 EXERCISE TRAIN!! WOO HOO!!!

NICE TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE AND GOOD MLUCK TO YOU ALL.
AND A BIG HELLO TO DONNA....AN OLD FRIEND!! GOOD LUCK TOO. MOVING THE BODY IS LINDA'S BUSINESS SO YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.

TODAY IS AB AND PEDAL DAY SO I BETTER GET A MOVE ON. TIME IS GETTING AWAY FROM ME ALREADY. I THINK YESTERDAY'S EXERCISE GOT ME REVVED UP FOR CLEANING CLOSETS. MUST HAVE CAUSE ONE IS FINISHED!
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #34  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Lord! What a bunch of keeners! I feel pretty pathetic.

As some of you know, I've had knee surgery but am slowly getting back to using my treadmill. Unfortunately I can manage only 5 to 7 minutes at the moment BUT I'm doing it. I am going to try for two sessions today and am going to do the first one right now. I must look into some upper body exercises.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:29 AM   #35  

Okay LindaT,

Add me to the exercise train. I've signed up for the Discovery Healthy Body Challenge (Lord, help me!).

Today I did my 1 mile WATP tape. Baby steps for the couch slug, baby steps. My goal is to do my WATP 3 x a week and my pilates 2 x.

Congrats on being the new mod! You so deserve it!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #36  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HEY KEL!!! I SIGNED UP FOR IT TOO ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL. SPENT ALL LAST NIGH PRINTING OUT RECIPES AND SHOPPING LISTS! NOW WE CAN PUT OUR SPICES WE MADE TO GOOD USE. GOOD LUCK

GOOD MORNING MISS RUTH...I FIND YOU IN THE STRANGEST PLACES
Old 01-04-2006, 09:49 AM   #37  

Hey Miss Mel!

8 weeks of healthy eating and exercise, are you ready?

FYI: I use your spices pretty much everyday! Thanks for being so wonderful
Old 01-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #38  

Default Look at all th new sweating peoples!!

How nice to have all of you join us.
Donna and Donna.. welcome welcome. Good plans and get cracking.

Totally- welcome to the boards. The one thing about running after kids and being a SAHM, which IS a tremendous amount of work, this really isn't considered what is called intentional exercise. This is really what we need to do because even though dealing with kids is tough, it hasn't gotten to your weight goal. As I said in the beginning of this thread, even if we never lose another pound we ALL must exercise for good health. Get involved in some fun activities with your kids.. exercise is good for the entire family. And exercise gives you energy.. diet will make you lose weight but it won't make you healthy alone.

Smoking hot Mel at it again. By the time I am commenting here, I bet you have pedaled your butt off.

Miss Ruthie.. any sort of exercise is fabulous. We all have to start someplace and the important part is you are not making excuses and you are doing it. Hurrah Ruthie!

Kel - oh goody. You are here and I have my prod all ready! Good going on the WATP. One mile is a terrific start. The main thing is you ARE doing it.

One excellent post from Oprah talked about the importance of exercise. I am going to post it here.. Pay attention because she is telling it like it is.

you do not need a personal trainer or a gym to get fit. You need a decision. A decision on your part to take action, which means educating yourself about what to eat and making a commitment to start moving—a half mile, then a mile, two miles, one step at a time. My point is this: If you can't find time to work out, then you don't want to lose the weight. It's simply a matter of physics. So ask yourself what you're willing to do. And if you aren't prepared to exercise and cut down on your volume of food as a way of life, stop wasting time feeling bad about your weight and move on to something else.

And yes I got up this morning and got 60 minutes of exercise before 5:45am. 40 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of lower body weights. And yes it hurt. Damn pulled muslce, but I pushed through it and the increased blood flow and movement did help it feel better at the end, although I swore a lot.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #39  

Thanks Linda again. Getting cracking! Hey MEL! I was wondering about yours and Kel's spices?!?!?!? LOL I'll have to check that challenge out too!
Sandra, nice to meet you!
Well, off to the races ladies! Have a great day, k???!?!?!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #40  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Neck-ed
I would rather eat sand all day.
ROFL! It can't be that bad, can it?

I've been debating the gym membership. I used to belong to the YMCA. I liked it. But... then if you get lazy, there are all sorts of excuses for not getting in the car and going.

I've been thinking about getting a treadmill for the house. Does anyone use one at home?
Old 01-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #41  
Canada

Ok, Not saying I didn't try, last year I joined curves and guess what.. stayed the same weight. Then that summer I hired a personal trainer, the one who follows your butt whereever you want to go, do. So we went bike riding, gym, weights, cardio, and even a little jogging! ( I know) and guess what! No weight loss. So screw the excersice, I had to fire her butt after 6 months, couldn't affort to hire someone like that with no results. Sure I was stronger, but not worth the agonizing effort to get there and grewl through that stuff. I can't figure it out. Yes, I would rather eat sand. LOL
Old 01-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica
I've been debating the gym membership. I used to belong to the YMCA. I liked it. But... then if you get lazy, there are all sorts of excuses for not getting in the car and going.

I've been thinking about getting a treadmill for the house. Does anyone use one at home?
Jessica, I know what you mean about getting to the gym. I've been using my gym's treadmill and elliptical for at least two days of cardio because there's just something about a moving belt that keeps me moving! But in mid to late December I did not visit the gym so did not get as much cardio in. However, I kept up with my weight workouts because I have weights at home. So the treadmill at home might be a good idea for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Neck-ed
Ok, Not saying I didn't try, last year I joined curves and guess what.. stayed the same weight. Then that summer I hired a personal trainer, the one who follows your butt whereever you want to go, do. So we went bike riding, gym, weights, cardio, and even a little jogging! ( I know) and guess what! No weight loss. So screw the excersice, I had to fire her butt after 6 months, couldn't affort to hire someone like that with no results. Sure I was stronger, but not worth the agonizing effort to get there and grewl through that stuff. I can't figure it out. Yes, I would rather eat sand. LOL
Sandra, there could be a good reason why you didn't lose weight when exercising: muscle growth. I've been exercising regularly and eating much better since the end of August and my measly weight loss didn't begin until mid November. In fact, I gained weight the first couple of months. But I've lost a lot of inches and I'm getting close to size 12 (was at 16 when I started). Did you measure yourself? That is just as important as, maybe more than, your scale weight. Don't give up on exercise completely! It's so important for health and you will look better when you lose the weight!

Day 3 of exercise for 2006: I did a 60-minute lower body and ab workout this morning. Sure hope I can walk tomorrow!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #43  
Canada

yes, yes, she did all the measurements and everything was the same, it was a really mystery for her and myself. Diet was controlled/modified. bla, blah blah. I am NOT going to be stuck at this weight! So Sonoma is my next thing I will try to budge the scale! Off to download more recipies and get my flank steak out for tonight!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 212/212/200

Red face

Hey LindaT,

Another one following you over from the journals. I decided I needed all the prodding and harrassing I can get, and well..you offered

I've decided to do everything in my power to exercise 7x a week. I know to most people that seems like a lot, but it is just way too easy for me to keep putting it off. I can't say that I really want to, but I know I need to! And I realized today that even going to the gym...that's only maybe an hour out of my day. I know that there will be plenty of days that I will just not feel up to it, but I'm hoping that you and all the people here will kick me in the butt until I get up on my feet and moving!

~Liz

Daily Exercise for January:
Old 01-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #45  
Atkins Lover

Okay, I'm following in many others foot steps and am gonna get into this also. I will be working out 3x a week w/aerobics, at least 2 days on the bike for at least 2 miles each ride and I would like to do my Body Flex videos at least 3 x a week also. Good luck to all of you and I look forward to checking in here!!

Yeah...I'm also interested in the spices kelster and miss mel are talking about.
Closed Thread