Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 02:35 PM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

The lights would have been fine if Katana (my white kitty who has been on extended vacation since Christmas of 2003 -- Judd says he's dead but I refuse to believe it) hadn't chewed thru the cord. We had to fix that, but now there's another section out. We'll fix it when the tree goes up this year.

Yikes, well, we must have been tree-takedown-slackers for several years. I remember the first time though, I think 3 years ago, because it was when my neighbor and I were giving a baby shower for another neighbor. The co-host came over to plan everything, took one look in the living room and said "Uh, is the tree going to be down by the shower?" I should have said no. Each year we swear to take it down on New Years Eve but don't.

Hey and this year, Christmas morning is going to be donuts and jammies!! We've already been notified that Judd's parents are going to Virginia for Christmas, and we always go to my parents' house the weekend before Christmas, so this year we'll be all alone! I am so excited that we don't have to be dragged from place to place to place ... I might not even get dressed that day.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #62  
Southside White Sox Fan

We go out on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Then the day after Christmas everyone comes here for a brunch after they go out shopping for the day after sales. I can't believe that it's only 2 and 1/2 months away.

Baseball first!
Old 10-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #63  
Melissa

Christmas is always an unbelievably stressful time for me. With divorced parents plus in-laws it is just insane. Christmas being on Sunday this year is actually going to help us out. We have to go to a Christmas Eve service at church (since DH is on staff we have to go) and of course we have to be there Sunday morning. We usually go three or four places Christmas eve (that's right, and all after 3pm) and 2 or 3 on Christmas day. Insanity. I'm tired of it and this year, with church as an excuse, I'm going to tell everyone that I'll get to them when I can. Last year I broke down and had a crying fit because it was all so stressful. I love the Christmas season but not so much the day!! I keep saying that when we have kids I won't drag them to all of these places but I guess I need to start now.

Vickie, to answer your question, my eating was just messed up b/c I spent the day with my friend and her baby. I had no self-control, was tired, etc. That's all it was, no excuses. I hope that you are enjoying your ballgame and resting!
Old 10-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #64  
Melissa

I think we are going to go to Olive Garden tonight. We have a gift card. Supposedly you can get ww linguine in place of any pasta. Has anyone had their ww pasta? I hope that it is good. I figure if anyone can cook it correctly, surely it will have to be Olive Garden! I am thinking about getting a dish with chicken, veggies, pasta, and some sort of lemon-herb sauce. I'm assuming that it is not a cream sauce.
With white pasta it has 560 cals, 15 fat, and 7 fiber. Not too bad, right? A lot of fat I guess. But I don't really know what else to get. They do have some nice looking skewers with veggies and potatoes but it isn't marked as a low-fat option so there must be something lurking in there. If anyone wants to play the menu game, that would be great. www.olivegarden.com
Old 10-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #65  
focused and aiming

hi, ladies. no moose hunting today and no moose yet--just a sore hunter. he's gone to get a massage. he used to tell me gosh awful hunting stories of his hiking for hours and hours. the man doesn't rough it very often any more.

guess we'll just be hanging out today. vickie, i might watch your sox if they're on tv here. i'd feel like i was watching it with you and jim.

melissa, hang in there, girl. i will, too.

kathy, i'll bet your new do is cute. mine is the short one here. i look like a boy. (old man?)

frouf, you go get'm, girl. don't take any flack off them either.

got to go vacuum. i tried to whistle but the v cleaner won't do it by itself. have a good day.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:57 PM   #66  
Melissa

Sandra, are you down and out today? You don't sound like your perky self. Are you hiding ice cream under the mouse? Oh and I like your hairdo by the way. Have fun vacuuming.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #67  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

To heck with a picture of Kathy's hairdo - I want to see Judd crap a wooly worm - that will be a first in my books! Hope he can survive it! ha ha ha ha

Olive Garden sounds like fun Melissa - hope you enjoy it! I also had a bad day today as I got into a bag of m&ms - bad Froufie.

Now Vickie - 1200 lights? So do you guys wear sunglasses indoors? Sounds like Vegas to me - I can't even imagine - and I have never heard of a pre-lit tree? I don't think there is such a thing around here??? Have fun tomorrow shopping and make sure the tree has a least a couple of pink lights?

Oh ya and I got a long winded message from the dance school lady - something about how this is normal procedure to hire choreographers (and make us pay for them?) and some nonsense about not rolling these costs into the annual fees cuz they believe in being honest and not hiding them? HUH???? Well I think you are kinda hiding them cuz I don't know what they are and when they're coming? How do you explain that? I have left another message and hope they call back again.

I am tired and lethargic and have a bit of a headache as I try to head home from work. DD is now home altho her last phone call was something about going to the movies and a sleepover - I don't think so! Not when you're supposed to be tidying up your room, getting your laundry out of the dryer and packing a bag to prepare to go to your dad's house this weekend.....sigh...and big ds still harrassing me about checking out his room so he can finally get his laptop - no wonder I told dh I was not coming home (actually I said I was coming home to pick up my passport, then not coming home! )

Cleaning lady coming tomorrow (she cancelled on wednesday) so we need to pick up stuff tonight - yes we need to clean up before the clean up ha ha ha

Sandra - you need a roomba to do your vacuuming for you - I think Kathy has one?

Dh is still on the kitchen floor trying to repair the dishwasher - does not sound promising - get out the paper plates!

That's it for now!

f.f.

Last edited by Froufy; 10-07-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #68  

Hey everyone miss me?
Back from a workshop and Im pooped but it was great!! It wasnt one of your typical ones where you sit and write and listen to some boring person...the speaker was fantastic and did magic tricks to keep our attention from wandering. We never knew what he was going to do next. The food was so good as ususual but I did stick pretty close to core with roast beef, steak and plain potatoes (not mashed ) and salads, I did have two desserts but small pieces and I tried baked oatmeal this morning,.,,,WOW was it ever good. While everyone else smothered theirs with syrup and milk I used some fresh fruit salad with a vanilla yogurt topping on mine...it was so yummy that Im going to try the Core one. I really kept my portions under control and at snacks I ate bananas or cheese to tied me over. I went for a nice long walk one night and shopping at a mall the first , so got in exercise as well. Not sure what the scales will say tomorrow but I did better then I ever have, going away so Im happy.
Checked out the boards and missed lots but will catch up with you all later,,going to make some supper and the prob hit the couch. (we had no tv or radio for 3 days)
as Foufy said its our thanksgiving this weekend so I have monday off too..
have a great night everyone,,
ttyl its good to be back
Old 10-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #69  
focused and aiming

melissa, i am hiding ice cream. you caught me. i guess i am down and out but didn't even realize it till you asked. my foot and heart probs did a number on me this week. that's my excuse for self pity, anyway. they are both having effects on my archery. i don't like that. i'm going to have to deal with things better.

have fun at olive garden. i can see that salad now. mmmmmmmmmmm!

frouf and melissa, we need to get together and work through things, don't we?

frouf, what's a roomba? is it a robot vaccum cleaner?

patti, sounds like a fantastic workshop. congratulations on doing so well foodwise. you get an "atta girl."
Old 10-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #70  

Frouf, he actually hates my hair but is trying to put on a good front. He just keeps asking "but WHY did you want to do that?" Oh well!

Welcome back, Patti. I hope you can get rested from your trip. Thank goodness you have a long weekend ahead of you!

We have neighborhood drama unfolding. This afternoon I was watching TV and the dogs started barking outside. I went out to tell them to stop, and a man was standing on the patio. It was a city inspector, who was doing a final check-out of our patio cover and electrical (lights and ceiling fan). While standing there, he glanced over at the neighbor's ... um, deck ... and then we started talking about it. For those who aren't blessed with prior knowledge of our lovely backyard view, lookie here:

Anyway, he says oh my goodness, that thing is WAY out of code! He said he was going to send a code compliance officer to look at it; said it would probably be Monday or Tuesday. Thirty minutes later, the officers are outside looking and it and taking pictures. Then the neighbor lady came out! They asked how tall is that thing anyway, and the neighbor answered "Tall." (Smart, huh?) Now we know we'll get blamed, but it's not really our fault, no matter how much we have hated that thing for the last six years. The whole thing happened because we got a nice patio cover and did a legal inspection / check-out. We can't help it if they didn't, but have this monstrosity that looms over the fence and is visible from the street and every surrounding house.

So ... stay tuned. This could be good.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #71  

Sandra, yep, a Roomba is a robot vacuum cleaner. I have one and it's too cool. You just turn it on and it runs all over the house sucking up dog hair. I have the basic model but it's fine.

Last edited by Katpo; 10-07-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #72  
focused and aiming

kathy, what is that thing in your neighbor's yard?

are those roombas very costly?

Last edited by ontarget; 10-07-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #73  

Why, it's a deck! Can't you tell?? Or wait, maybe it's a shuttle launchpad. Or a virgin sacrifice pit. Or a wrestling ring. We're not sure.

I told the inspector it was too bad he didn't come on laundry day. Sometimes their clothes are hanging from a rope stretched across the thing.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:09 PM   #74  
focused and aiming

omg!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 06:27 PM   #75  

My Roomba was about $100 at Amazon.com. It was a Christmas present last year (that I asked for and bought myself). I really like it but don't use it much when I'm not home. I need another room barrier thingy to keep it from trying to go on the carpet. I just want it to sweep the tile and wood.
Closed Thread