Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:49 PM   #136  
focused and aiming

congratulations, melissa. i'll be watching for the nsv thread.

i've done well eating today and am guzzling the h2o now. life is good.

well, chickies, i need to head over to ebay. i love having tug-of-wars with other old ladies over a pair of shoes. i just lost those last ones by a little yank. i'm pumped now and ready to rumble again!!!!

Last edited by ontarget; 10-10-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #137  

Height: 5'7"

You go, Sandra! Go whup those old ladies! And in the meantime, good luck with the shoes.

The plumber said it was just a valve leaking, so I paid my $35 copay with AHS and let him fix it. Then I came in and heated up the turkey veggie chili, and went to the store for a few things. I am making breadcrumb chicken, corn on the cob, and au gratin potatoes for the kids -- who won't be home until 11:15. Good grief, I'll be up all night! I also made them some PB cup brownies, which smell oh so delightful right now! It's sprinkling and supposed to rain a bit more tomorrow. I am really looking forward to some rest tonight, but having to get back up at 10:00 to cook another dinner reminds me of when the girls' dad worked second shift and I would put them to bed, sleep a while, then get back up to cook dinner around midnight. I sure don't miss those days!!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #138  

Oh and Judd just left with the neighbor to go to the bar. On the phone, he told the guy "I'm on a diet and am not going to drink anything" but I told him to get outta here and go have some fun. He has done well and I think one day a week won't harm him.

So that means I'm all alone. The brownies are done, chicken is thawing, and I'm making my "second dinner" plans now. Angels and Yankees are starting up and I am happy to get to sit a while. Why don't I just quit work so I can stay home and have a good life???

Oh ... now I remember. Darn it!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #139  

Evening, everyone! I have all my preschool stuff colored, cut out, planned, and prepped. My goodness, it takes a long time to get it all ready! I can't imagine being a teacher full-time. Of course, then I'd be getting paid, but still.

I can't believe it, but I think I'm getting another sinus infection. My throat is scratchy, my head is clogged, I had a fever yesterday, and my sinuses are starting to hurt like the dickens. Grr! I never used to get sick until I had kids. Them and their nasty germs!

I'm about ready to put the girls to bed. Then maybe I'll rest on the couch for a bit, as I've been on my feet pretty much all day. Or maybe I'll play my game a bit. Either way, I WILL be in bed, on my way to la-la land by 10:00. I'll need the rest to get through tomorrow.

Vickie, congrats on the NSV! You're doing wonderfully, and I think you definitely have the right attitude. Kathy, you're a great mom! I would just let them make their own food, or have them heat up leftovers.

Well, it's bedtime, so off I go!

Angela
Old 10-10-2005, 08:51 PM   #140  

Angela, you would make a perfect teacher. I would have loved it if my kids had someone as creative and dedicated as you. Don't sell yourself short -- you would do so well! I hope you can ward off the sinus infection by maybe getting some rest tonight? Do you have any medicine?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #141  
focused and aiming

kathy, smells good at your house. can you resist those pb brownies? curtis just came in and bid on him some shoes. found size 15 (sas of course)

angela, you probably never completely got over your infection before. maybe you need another round of meds.

it's almost time for "surface." yep we have shows on monday night, too. life is good. did i tell ya'll curtis got his moose today. i cried when he called me. i am so happy for him. maybe this will help pull him out of his depression.

have a good evening, all. i'll be back either later or manana.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #142  

Good going, Curtis! Way to go! (Now what will he do with the moose??)

Angela, I should have added this to my earlier post about cooking for the kids. Middle kid (older DD) has been losing weight. She's nearly 22, about 5'2" and weighs maybe 110. I'm sure it's stress since she's in her last year of undergrad work and looking at another 4 years in pharmacy school. All of her classes, of course, are pretty hard. Immunobiology? Lots of math and physics and organic chemistry and classes with names that I can hardly pronounce. I wish her luck, and I hope that she's a much smarter chickie than me.

Anyway, I'm trying to make plenty of food that will sound good to her. With any luck, it will work.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #143  
Melissa

Hey everyone! We had a really great night and now it's time to get ready for bed.

Sandra, congrats to your moose-hunter. A size 15--holy cow! DH wears 13 and we thought that was hard to find.

Kathy, you are a good mom. I hope that you have enjoyed your quiet evening.

Angela, have fun with the preschoolers! I don't have any kids to send to you, but I could send the pup!

Frouf, hope you have enjoyed your day.

If you guys haven't heard of it, I am highly recommending Kernel Season's Popcorn seasoning (I think that's what it's called). They have it at Carmike movie theaters. It is really awesome. Not many places here sell it but Meijer had it. It's kind of pricey but it makes 94% FF popcorn taste like something wonderful. You can order it or find places to buy it at www.nomorenakedpopcorn.com. I sound like a commercial. Night!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:54 PM   #144  

I never even saw where Sandra mentioned the size 15. Judd wears a 14 narrow, and to top off this lovely set of feet he has, they're totally flat. You would laugh at these things ... it reminds me of a platypus. (Okay, not that I've ever SEEN a platypus, but for some reason I'm reminded.)

Melissa, I have never heard of the popcorn seasoning but if it doesn't add much in the way of calories, I'd be game to try it. I'm a big popcorn eater, and if I make a bag and don't eat it all, I'll put it in a ziploc bag and eat it later. It doesn't even have to be hot or fresh or even very good ... I'll eat it. So your commercial worked!

And as if I haven't complained about this enough, my dishwasher is acting up. We bought it in 2000 because Judd was working for a company that was owned by GE. He was about to leave (because our company won the B-2 recompete and we were gathering the old team back in) ... so he was encouraged to buy whatever GE appliances we needed. We had a basic dishwasher at the time that was working quite well, but we decided to get this fancy-pants thing that practically reaches out and loads itself. AND ... we have had nothing but trouble with it. First the thing wouldn't drain, so we got it fixed. And then the electronics went out on it (this happened the day before Christmas of 2003) and even though they fixed it, it happened again a few months later. American Home Shield told us that if it happened again, they were replacing it. Well, the repairs held until earlier this year, when it stopped working and they had to come out and fix something else, but unfortunately it wasn't the electronics. Now tonight, it won't work. It cycles thru all the lights, etc. and water runs for a minute but then it stops.

I think I should look at buying stock in American Home Shield if for no other reason than I would be paying myself. We have had them out at least 10 times this year ... stopped up sinks, garbage disposable problems, broken potties, water heater leakage, dishwasher problems, etc. I wonder if they could cancel us for excessive claims? I hate to call them back tomorrow but this dishwasher is absolutely not working and I am getting irritated by the minute.

So Vickie, the Angels are winning at the moment. Who would you rather play tomorrow night -- Yankees or Angels? On one hand, I'd like to see the Yankees go up because the Angels are probably the biggest rival that the Rangers have, but on the other hand, the Angels have done so well and deserve to go up. I guess we'll see in an hour or so.

DD's dinner is made, and the breadcrumb chicken smells incredible. I'd love to be awake to see her face when she comes home, because I know she's going to dig right in. I marinated the chicken in an olive oil/romano dressing before dredging in the breadcrumbs ... usually put it in regular Ranch but this time I thought I'd change it up.

Well, off to play with the dishwasher some more, let the dogs in (or is it out ... I'm not sure where they are right now), move the clothes from the washer to the dryer and hang up the ones in the dryer, and change the sheets on the bed. MIL bought us a high count sheet set recently, and I decided to put them on tonight.

Oh and get this. Little DD has decided to take a different shift at work on Tuesday/Wednesday. So what does she do? She goes to school all day Tuesday and Thursday, and works 8 hours every other day. A fulltime job and a full load of classes ... how does she do it? But on Tuesdays, this is her new schedule: school from 11:00 a.m. until 8:30 p.m., then she'll work from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. on Wednesday so that she can set the tags for the new ad that starts on Wednesday. I'm sure at age 19 you can do things that you can't do at age 48, but still ... I wish she didn't have to work so hard. It's not easy being a young adult these days.

Last edited by Katpo; 10-10-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #145  

Lordy, I wrote a book. Sorry about that!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #146  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

oh please - no more broken dishwashers - ours is still on the fritz - as dh has taken it apart - pieces sit in the dining room, and the timer/motor thingie is on the counter and he is bringing in to the shop tomorrow cuz he thinks one of the pieces looks like it's burnt out - hoping that one of the repair guys will advise him and help him figure it out. All this to say - we have dishes everywhere - and I just hate not having a working dishwasher - Now we think a new timer/motor thing is probably over a hundred bucks - so more money down the drain so to speak - good luck w/yours Kathy. And I'm sure dd will really appreciate all your effort in cooking for her - you are a very thoughtful mom!

I am still in my jammies - so very easy to get to bed tonight? I have eaten like a little pig and feel bad about it - hoping the new day tomorrow brings will also make my resolve a bit better.

By the way I can't even imagine size 13 let alone 15 size shoes? Is that like Bigfoot or something? Must be really really hard to find shoes in that size?

Looks like dh has done the network wiring for ds's new puter so he can now internet in his basement bachelor suite - but looks like the trial version of MS suite he has does not allow him to print - so I will actually have to purchase it ($189) sooner than expected - and did I mention ds needs a new office chair - says the one he has is barely comfortable - had to write a paper last night - lasted 20 mins in desk chair and ended up on couch in family room to finish it off....I know there is this 2nd hand discount office place in town so will see if they have any decent office chairs - I don't feel like spending yet another $200-300 on a chair!

Time for bed I guess!

Frouf
Old 10-10-2005, 11:18 PM   #147  
focused and aiming

melissa, is this that butter flavored salt? i had some at the movies and it was totally awesome! did you say they sell it at the movies? i just went to the website you posted. i don't see butter flavored there.

i have started spraying my 94% popcorn with butter flavored pam then salting the devil out of it. reminds me of when i was a little girl back in the old days before salt and butter were bad for you. yummy! i always have to lick my fingers while eating, too.

dd has more energy than i have. that's for sure. i hope you can get all squared away with your dishwasher soon. you and frouf are having a time with them, aren't you?

guess i'd best go watch some tv with curtis. that is--if he's still awake. ya'll have a good evening.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:22 PM   #148  
focused and aiming

frouf, it is hard for curtis to find shoes. he usually has to order them cuz he can't find them in stores. the place where i got my sas shoes has some styles in his size. what a lucky find! and now ebay! hopefully, he'll win his bid.

i'm glad you had such an enjoyable day. makes me smile. days in jammies are priceless, aren't they?

nighty night.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #149  

Sandra, too bad you left the area. Larry's Shoes has all those sizes ... not that we buy them of course, but MIL/FIL buy Judd's shoes for him. There is a brand called Allen or Edmonds or something or another ... like $250 a pair? Anyway, they buy them for him, and also get his sandals. If it were up to me, the poor dear would be wearing socks all the time, because I can't afford his funky foot.

Speaking of leaving the area, do you think you guys will be coming back this year? Like Thanksgiving or Christmas? Because if you do, you had better tell me. We will (shhh, don't tell the others) go to Cracker Barrel or Red Lobster or all the bad places and have a really fun time. I'm so serious ... if I ever find out you come to the area and we don't get together, I will be unhappy.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #150  

Dishwasher update: I got it to start working, and now it won't stop. I'm not sure which is better ... not starting, or not stopping!! Can't win, can I?
Closed Thread