Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #76  
focused and aiming

sounds neat. i'd have to get a barrier to keep it off the stairs. i'd hate for it to go sailing down.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:53 PM   #77  
Southside White Sox Fan

OH MY GOD! The White Sox won an absolute nail biter. I have no voice left. I was screaming like a loon and acting like I was at the game. Bases loaded for the Red Sox, no one out and we got out of the inning with no runs scored! After that, it was magic. We swept last year's World Series Champs. I cried at the end of the game, I was SO tense. I'm exhausted now. I hope you guys got to see the game. It was truly unbelievable. I really love our team. No big super stars. Just a great bunch of guys. You never know who's going to step up and do great from night to night. Wow! I've loved this team since I was a little girl and my Dad took me to ball games. I've never seen a post season winning team.

Sorry........I couldn't help myself! My eating was ok today too.

Tomorrow, tree shopping! I'll probably be on in the morning for a few minutes. I'm gonna go watch some more post season locker room celebrations now.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #78  

Height: 5'7"

We watched it! It was amazing -- at the end when it was 4-3, bases loaded and no outs, I was on the edge of my seat. What a GREAT game!! GO WHITE SOX!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #79  

Had to weigh in 2 day early this week. Lost 1.2#, this is very encouraging. I don't even want to go out to eat like before. I would rather stay home and cook my core foods. Hope you have a good weekend.
Vivian
Old 10-07-2005, 09:54 PM   #80  
Melissa

Vickie!

Kathy, what a crazy looking thing! I can't believe that no one has reported it in 6 years. Oh, and I have wanted one of those roomba things for awhile. What a great thing for dog hair.

Sandra, were you really eating ice cream? Don't worry, I did my own damage today as well. I keep sabotaging myself. Why do I do that? We didn't go to Olive Garden. I hope that you start feeling back to yourself again soon. I know that you have had a draining week.

Vivian,

Frouf, I hope that you are having a good night. Has DD gotten a job yet?

I am weighing in the morning and recommitting myself for the millioneth time. I won't bore you guys with my same old promises and goals. Maybe we should do a weekly challenge, those helped me sometimes. I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'm going to try to get out and enjoy our fall weather (high is like 60 here tomorrow!).
Old 10-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #81  

Oh, we reported it. Actually when we first moved in 6 years ago, we called the city to see if they had a permit. We were told they did, and when Judd said well this thing is hideous, they said they didn't really care. What I found out today was that yes, they had applied for a permit, but never went back after it was built and asked for an inspection. I guess people can get a permit but not go thru with the building, and nobody follows up on it. Just because you get a permit doesn't mean you have to actually build something, so if you don't get the inspection, they assume you never did the building. Make sense? Anyway, they told me it would have never passed the inspection. It should be interesting to see what comes of all this.

Happy day tomorrow, everybody. We're going to Cracker Barrel with Judd's parents in the morning. We decided we'll have turkey sausage, wheat toast and low-sugar fruit spread. I might have an egg too, but no hashbrown casserole, pancakes, etc. for either of us. His parents will be eating one of everything, but we have to be good. And then Sunday morning I guess I'll jump on the wagon with Judd in order to make things easier for cooking and packing lunches.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 PM   #82  
focused and aiming

congratulations, sox!!! vickie, i feel your excitement.

congratulations to you, too, vivian. how much have you lost total now?

melissa, i did have a breyers lite ice cream bar today. but that's not the worst thing i had. major setback. girl, i can't get over how much alike we are. i hope you start to stay op soon so i will. (just kidding) i do wish you success. you know that i do.

kathy, i hope something comes from this. up here i think the city would just overlook it and say it was "grandfathered" or something. good luck!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #83  
focused and aiming

i forgot to tell ya'll. i got on ebay while a go and bid on one of those roomba's and also some sas shoes. (can't believe i bid on shoes!) now i'm kind of hoping i don't win. i think i got momentarily addicted and caught up in the excitement. that ebay is dangerous, isn't it?
Old 10-08-2005, 08:48 AM   #84  

my total loss so far is 71.4#. When I get to my goal I will have lost 130#. I am really enjoying being hard core.
Vivian
Old 10-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #85  
Melissa

Kathy, shew what a mess! I hope that your neighbors don't get too upset with you (it's not your fault though!) and that their "deck" disappears.

Sandra, ebay is addicting! Aaron bought some shoes once from one of the ebay stores. It started with a Z, I can't remember. Anyway they were brand new and he got them for about $20 cheaper than in a store. You and I are a lot alike aren't we? Well I am getting off this couch right now to go walk 2 miles (WATP) while DH is jogging. And then I plan on having a core lunch. I don't know what else we'll be into today, but I think we are going to be eating at home, which is important to my success.

I'm off to walk! Oh yeah, I weighed and I'm still 192. Shocking. I'm hoping to change that darn ticker next week. I guess I just need to believe in myself, huh?
Old 10-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #86  
focused and aiming

well, i lost the bid on the roomba. i am really relieved. last night i got to thinking about the railing along the side of our stairs on the 2nd level. i'm afraid the little critter would have rhumba'd off into oblivion. guess someone's watching out for me up there.

vivian, this is an astounding loss!!! congratulations again!

ditto, melissa, but i'm not surprised, are you? just think how much fun we'll have celebrating the 180's together. so far i am the high bidder on the shoes. if i get them, they'll be my treadmill shoes. yes, i'm going to restart walking today. my foot is better. i'm going to wear my new sas shoes with orthodics to see if that will help.

we're going to friends' for dinner/visit tonight. i don't know what they're having but she's a good country cook. she's from tennessee originally. i love her cooking.

where is everyone? sure is slow here this morning. well, guess i'd best get off here and get something done.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #87  

Sandra, there are these little barrier things that keep the Roomba in check. It's like an invisible beam that the traveling unit won't go past. I have one that I put across the back of the entry so that it'll stay in the formal LR, DR and entry and suck up all that dog hair. If you have a problem with hair on the floor, like I do with four inside animals, then it would be a great thing.

I have done eBay since 1999, both selling and buying. Of course my user name is ... Katpo. Who'dathunkit?

We went to Cracker Barrel with the inlaws. It was raining and I sure could have stayed in bed, but it was nice to go somewhere. He had tea, I had water, and we both had turkey sausage, whole wheat toast with Promise spread and SF jelly. Totally passed up the fried eggs, cinnamon apples, biscuits and gravy, bacon, hashbrown casserole ... you know, all the good stuff. But we were darned proud of ourselves and it was nice to leave without feeling miserable and full. Then they came back over to our house to see the patio cover, which of course they both loved. MIL is a realtor and knows about such things -- she was mighty impressed. They also loved the story about the deck next door and are interested in hearing how it turns out.

And then Judd, Mr. University of Texas, was all set to watch the big game. He turned on the TV and no picture. OMG! Tried all the connections on the DVR, VCR, DVD player, TV ... nope, nothing. He was starting to panic and I could see the wheels turning in MIL's head (she bought us this 36-in. Sony when we got married without our knowledge). I'm sure she was making a notation on her mental Christmas list, but darn it, wouldn't you know Judd got the thing working? I guess the power had gone out and the TV needed to be recycled or something. Anyway, by that time they had left our house so he called to tell them it was working. And oh by the way, at Cracker Barrel, she told me to be thinking about my list. She wants to buy me new everyday dishes; FiestaWare in black, white, and a very pretty new red color. I'm all for it. Then she was sitting in our recliner that they bought Judd for his birthday a few years ago, and said "this chair isn't comfortable anymore". We're like, yep we think it lost a screw or something, so his dad said "put it on your Christmas list." CAN DO!

So I'm sitting at the office now, wondering why I'm here but marveling that it's so quiet. There are a few people here on the other side of the area, but I'm the only one on my side and I like it! I have a little bit to do but mainly just wanted to get out of the house because Texas-OU game just isn't my thing. Of course, since Judd went to UT, he's a big fan and will be sweating bullets the whole time. I say have fun, and see ya.

Only other thing I need to do today is go to the grocery store. He said if I wait until after 3, he'll go with me. I think he wants to go to Best Buy to buy a new remote for the TV, and so I guess we'll go to Home Depot too and get some potted things to go on the patio, and maybe to Walmart for one last chance at finding some patio furniture. I'm sure it's all gone though -- and Christmas trees are up.

I hate my hair but know that there's more where it came from, so it'll just take patience. I think I'll see if the girl can do my highlights tomorrow afternoon, and maybe I'll like it better after that. Right now it is one color and boring, plus she did some funky curling iron thing to the bottom yesterday that today is sticking straight out. I feel like a bedhead.

Last edited by Katpo; 10-08-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #88  
focused and aiming

thanks for the info, kathy. we don't have any pets and curtis is bald so we don't have much problem with hair. i was wanting it for dust. guess i'll just keep on vacuuming.

i'm wondering what katpo stands for. all i can think of is cat poor maybe? i'm lost.

i was hating my hair, too, but have learned to live with it. it fits my lifestyle fine. i don't like to do much with it. i'm very low maintenance now that i'm retired.

would your il's like me on their list, too? just wondering.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Hey all!
Still lurking! Where have I been? I think I've missed this whole board. Guess I've been trying to keep a low profile since my lunch with old friend of 10 yrs., beau of 2 weeks. Paranoid that if DH calls I'll be on the computer and he'll think I'm emailing my old friend.

Anyway, also got a big screen LCD HDTV. What a fiasco! To make a long story short; will never buy anything at Best Buy again. Three different people tell you three different stories, then when you want to buy the clearance TV stand; they don't want to sell it to you; never mind the first time we went there and no one around to wait on us. After 40 minutes we left. Went back the next day and the TV is $100 more......................so after a week we got the tV and the stand (display model; for $85) Looked on the internet to see if anyone else sold it, and it retails for $350., OUrs had a little ding on the bottom and the one door was not installed correctly, but DH fixed that and it's as good as new. Waiting for my $200 gift card from the rebate might buy my parents and my MIL each a DVD player then that will be the end of my shopping there. Oh........guess that ended up kind of long. After I get my gift card, I will write and complain.

So, WI last week was the same again., but TOM came today so hoping for a better WI next week.

Frouf - I hear you about dance. My DD's school decided last year that in addition to the recital in May, they were going to have a Holiday Show at the studio for a limited number of people. That ended up being an extra $65 for costumes and $6 each for tickets., then right after Christmas they hit you up with $50 needed for each costume. DD was in three last year; plus they wanted a $100 performance fee (not sure what that is) then tickets for the recital in May were $18 each. This year so far, they have asked for an extra $30 for costume for the Holiday Show which will be ballet only. OH...................but then she also needs new tights and a v-neck spaghetti strap black leotard...................So because she has picked up tap and voice this year in addition to jazz, hip hop and ballet., I am expecting a hefty bill after Christmas. There goes any Christmas money we may get. The one nice thing is she has one dance class every night so she's not at the studio for more than an hour. Gives her plenty of time for homework and also something to do every night. Her therapist says the busier she is the less time she has to worry about stuff. Her voice class sounds like fun, so far they are singing things like Aquarius, Casper, the Adams Family............Jingle Bell Rock coming soon.

Guess I had better go, this is getting kind of long.

Lisa
Old 10-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Forgot to mention that our Disney trip scheduled for November was a little shaky after Transmeridian Airlines went bankrupt last week. Have searched the web and found another flight. This time from Baltimore which is 90 minutes from here, but still direct and special promotional price of $74.80 each. So we are all flying for $707. Will have to go down the night before and leave the car at the hotel for the week., but at least we're still going.

Okay, be back later.
Lisa
Closed Thread