Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #91  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, this is why my girls were never in dance. Good grief! That's a ton of money -- and I can think of about 100 different (better?) ways to spend it. But that's just me.

Sandra, Katpo is my Jedi warrior name. Sigh ... this is so dumb. Take the first three letters of your first name and the first two letters of your last name and put them together. I used my maiden name because Katem just wasn't catchy. I told you it was dumb.

I got my highlights redone this afternoon and I like my hair much better. Came home and made the kids a casserole from LO broccoli, LO chicken (from the two pepper chicken), rice and Campbell's Fiesta Cheese soup. Judd and I will have turkey vegetable chili. I thought I'd better make a backup dish for them just in case. Kate (little DD) will be going to work later, so it'll just be big DD and DS, if he chooses to stick around. If not, big DD better be hungry.

We're going to Best Buy in a while, then the grocery store. Fortunately the Longhorns are winning so I won't have to deal with a pitiful downtrodden DH tonight. Football can ruin you ... and that's why I'm a baseball and basketball girl.

Update: Our new Best Buy isn't open yet, so we blew that off and went to the grocery store instead. Got a bunch of stuff and came home to put it up. I was doing that and making some CC cookies for big DD when Judd came in and said the water heater was leaking. I swear, if it isn't one thing, it's 400 more. We put in a service request with AHS. Good grief.

Last edited by Katpo; 10-08-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #92  
focused and aiming

lisa, sounds like you got a good deal on your tv/stand. congrats.

kathy, i was wondering about katpo. guess i'm sandho. lol

it's time to get ready to go to our friends for dinner. ya'll have a good evening. i'll be back tomorrow some time.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:33 PM   #93  
Melissa

melau? Sounds kind of Jedi-ish.

Lisa, good to hear from you.

Kathy, sounds like you guys have done really great today. You are doing well. I wish Aaron would do core with me, but he is convinced that he can't live without bread and cheese.

Sandra, hope you are doing better than me today. Have fun with your friends tonight.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #94  

My Jedi name is Angno. Interesting.

Don't have time to post, just wanted to drop in and say I'm still alive!

Angela
Old 10-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #95  

I've been wondering about you!
Old 10-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #96  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I just got home from the marathon christmas tree shopping experience. Lordy, Lordy, I spent $470 dollars on a christmas tree! It's beautiful though. 7 1/2 feet and 1750 lights! Yes, Frouf, we will be handing out sunglasses to all our guests. It comes in 3 pieces. We saved 25% off the internet prices because we went in person. Then the Owner whom I was talking to said he would give me an extra 10% off because I was a nice person and had come so far. It was an hour and 40 minutes drive each way. They couldn't fit it in our car (after they promised me before we drove there that it would fit). So they are shipping it for free. That and we had a great day with my Sister and BIL which started with a great Core lunch. I wasn't sure about the restaurant but I did GREAT! I'll have to pay points for a pat of butter and I'll pay some for the mashed potatoes. There didn't seem like anything bad in there but I want to be safe. I'm really tired now but glad to be home. Here's my tree. http://www.treeclassics.com/product....stmas%20Trees#

So I'm going to go post my menu now and then come back and read how you've all done today since I've been away.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #97  

Evening everyone, heading out for the night for a friends birthday. Going to try to stay away from the munchies tonight. I know his gf will have a nice spread out, but i had ham for supper and Im trying to flush out the sodium...the scale was kindish to me today, after being away for 3 days it was only up .5 Ill gladly take that but I want it to be gone for tomorrow. haha
This is our thanksgiving weekend and Ihave a turkey dinner at my SIL either tomorrow or monday,,shes still deciding..(good thing im not bringing anything) but I know most of it will be core*ish*
Quiet on here today,,, hope its because everyone is out having fun!!
have a great weekend!
ttyl
Old 10-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #98  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey NO Saturday menu yet! I'll start one.

Hey, I hope I'm not offending any of my Jewish GF's with all my talk of Christmas trees, am I? Because I wouldn't want to do that.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #99  

Nice tree, Vickie!! I think that must be about the going price for a big 'un with lights. Our first one we got was around $300 and when we got it home, it was pitifully scrawny. We immediately boxed it up and took it right back. They're worth it though, and I'm sure it'll last you for quite a while.

I'm making that turkey veggie chili and it smells really good! I can't really call it chili though since it has beans and corn in it and I would get kicked out of Texas if anyone found out. We're calling it "stew."
Old 10-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #100  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, I didn't know Texas chili has no beans. I LOVE beans in my chili. No corn though. Funny the regional differences. Your neighbor's deck is nothing short of hideous. You are a better woman than I, because I'd have dropped a dime on them a LONG time ago. Yuck. I wouldn't want to look at that eyesore every day. I'm glad you're happier with your hair now. I'm still not as light as I want to be. I was really light when I got the highlights but I thought I'd save them for the holidays. You did a commendable job eating at Cracker Barrel. You and Judd should be proud of yourselves. I love to go out and eat and I refuse to stay home just because I'm trying to eat healthy. It CAN be done. I know how Judd felt with the TV going out. We lost the signal for a couple of minutes during the beginning of the Sox game and I thought Jim and I were going to FAINT! I'm glad you got everything working again even though it meant not getting a new TV for Christmas!

Patti, I'm glad you're back and that you did so well with your eating while you were at your conference. Congratulations! Have fun with your friends tonight.

Sandra, are SAS shoes good? My podiatrist just recommended them and gave me a coupon for $ off on them. I'm guessing they are expensive. If they'd be good for my heel spurs, I'd consider them. Have fun at dinner with your friends tonight.

Vivian, you are one of my Core heroes. Congratulations and keep up the great work. What kind of exercise do you do and how often? Do you use your 35 WPA each week. We MUST know what successful people are doing!

Angela, I'm always glad to hear that you are well. How's your game playing going? Did you get your Ebay purchase?

Lisa, Best Buy irritates me too. We only go there when we don't need any help and they have the best price.

Melissa, I'd never get sick of your commitments or promises to yourself. That's what we are here to do is support each other. None of us thinks that this is easy and we certainly don't want to lie to each other about how things are going since that would really defeat the purpose of our coming together! I'm going to be here for a long, long, time and I can't think of a better group of people to struggle to goal with.

Well.........time to go lay down and watch some TV and cuddle with my puppy who missed me today. We did have the Dog walkers come in mid-day to feed her lunch and walk her. I didn't want her to have to miss lunch and cross her legs while I went Christmas tree shopping! Talk to you all in the morning.

Last edited by Vickie; 10-08-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #101  

the online shoe store that starts with Z is zappos.com. I have gotten free next day shipping from them.
As for Core, i wasn't losing so quit using my wpa and I started losing again. I am not feeling deprived because of not using them. I try to go to Curves 3X a week. My first week I tried to go everyday, but ended up not hardly being able to walk. I work at night so sometimes too whipped to go there, I usually go after work.
Vivian
311.8/240.4/179
Old 10-08-2005, 08:24 PM   #102  

Vickie, yes, I finally got my package yesterday! It's my fault, because I had them ship it Parcel Post. I had no idea a difference of $1 in shipping makes it THAT much slower. Anyway, we played our game together last night, and we're doing it again tonight. It's been a lot of fun.

I ate waffles for dinner, and I was very hungry so I had 1 1/2 large ones. My stomach doesn't feel so good now - probably too full and too much sugar when I'm not used to it. Blah.

I'm off to put the kids to bed, then play our game.

I'll chat more tomorrow...

Angela
Old 10-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #103  

Vickie, have you ever made something called Cincinnati chili? I must say it is quite disgusting. It is sweet ... and not anything like what I was raised on.

We just finished eating and that stuff was awesome! Again, the recipe says chili but we're not going to call it that. I just can't bring myself to do it. It's kinda thin, not at all like what I would ordinarily make, but I'm not thickening it so of course it's thin. Judd said he has already lost 4 pounds and that's since Wednesday. He is really excited about this. His dinner was salad with FF Italian dressing, the stew, two slices of whole wheat bread with Promise spread, and a pear. Snack later on will be 2 T. of raisins mixed with 2 T. of dry roasted unsalted peanuts. I have been buying water by the case and he's drinking more of that too.

Tomorrow night's dinner is chicken caesar salad. I'm using deli rotisserie chicken that is jalapeno flavored (got it by mistake by hoo boy, it's good!) ... and romaine, grated parmesan, and LF Ken's Caesar dressing. Dessert will be grapes cut in half mixed with diced apple and FF yogurt. I tell ya, he's loving this and I can hardly blame him. Once I eat up all the stuff I had already bought, I'll be doing it with him. The only thing I can think that will keep me on track is if we ride together. That way he can stop me from getting a Coke in the morning. I need a 12 step program to break away from the Coke!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #104  
Melissa

Angela, glad you are doing well!

Vickie, your tree is beautiful. I'm jealous! Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know what to do with myself lately. What I want and what I do are two different things most of the time. I'm glad that you had a good day today, and it is nice to have you back.

Kathy, chili with no beans? What in the world? Beans are the main ingredient in my chili. And I love Cincinnati chili! It sounds like you guys are doing really well. I can't believe that Judd has lost 4 pounds. We did slim-fast a few years ago and Aaron lost almost 40 pounds in a couple of months. I only lost 12. Of course we have both put that weight back on (plus more) since then. I have considered doing slim-fast again for a short time just to get disciplined. I like the chocolate peanut butter meal bars pretty well.

Patti, have fun with your friends tonight!

We bought a lotto ticket tonight. I think we may have bought two ever (including tonight). The KY Lotto is 205,000,000 so we just had to do it. I'll let you guys know if we win.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:08 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Oh...Canada ! Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians! Happy Hockey Night in Canada too! Gotta go the Edmonton Oilers just started. Hubby's all time favorite since Wayne Gretzky was there. Just got done watching the Mapleleafs. Yea! for the Comcast Hockey package ( not really, I'll watch for the first few days, then it's off to find a good movie while DH enjoys his hockey)

Lisa
Closed Thread