Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #166  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Oh Kathy - you do have the biggest heart - that's why you have such wonderful memories of all the people you have helped!

No tv for me I guess? Ds is frantically needing his ms suite software ($200) tonight so he can finish working on a school paper. Wait til dh gets a load of this as we just had "words" regarding ds who stormed into the family room at 6 pm insisting we turn off what the kids were watching (the Simpsons) to watch the news. We told him this was unacceptable - and he went pretty hairy on us screeching about how he has to be "informed" and MUST WATCH the news.

We told him no - he could not come in and bully everyone - there are 2 other tv's in the house that he can use - but he's hungry and needs to eat in the kitchen and watch in the adjoining family room - no I don't think so! Lots of ranting and raving going on.

Then asks for the cordless phone to be placed in the basement (it used to be there years ago but he kinda lost the phone part - left it outside on the front lawn one day - so it was moved upstairs) so we finally say he can have it down there only to find out the jack now doesn't work (someone rewired it - we all look at dh?? and doesn't remember when or why!). So dh is now on the warpath about why does ds have to have all these "luxuries" and he should just focus on university and forget about tv (okay let's be realistic here!). Poor dh had such a hard time as a student he can barely stand it that ds has a "life" and is not struggling as he did when he was 19.

So yes I have to calm everyone down and try to make peace and try to remain calm, while my stomach is so anxious.

I am off soon - almost scared to leave the house!

Frouf
Old 10-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #167  

Height: 5'7"

Good grief, what a situation you've got there!! I don't envy you because I know exactly what's going on there. We do it here too.

I'm watching for Vickie on the big screen tonight -- I wish she had taken a big "Hi Core Girls" sign with her to the game! That would have been great!

I went to unload the dishwasher after work and guess what? It was full of water in the bottom. I'm running it again to see if maybe the cycles were messed up due to its nasty attitude last night ... and if it still doesn't drain, it's another call to AHS. I do declare, this dishwasher has cost more in copays than a new one would be, to say nothing of what AHS has had to pay the plumber and appliance people for the rest of the bill. You'd think they would be suggesting a new one. I guess because it's only 5 years old, they're thinking it can continue to be fixed, but this is so ridiculous. I'm not happy.

Baseball takes precedence over Biggest Loser tonight, plus we'll have to record Commander in Chief and Boston Legal to watch later. Judd liked his dinner tonight even though he only got two meatballs, a cup of WW pasta, and some salad. Good thing he's losing steadily because it should help to keep his motivation going. He is eating healthier than he ever has, and after he has lost what he wants to do, it will be easy to cut out the SF and keep up the rest of the menu.

Off to watch the game and do a few more chores.

Last edited by Katpo; 10-11-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:07 AM   #168  
Melissa

Whoa where is everyone today!?!
This morning I have a bruise on my lip. But it isn't very dark, so it just looks like I am dirty. Can you believe that?
IL's came over last night and that was nice. It is great to live back home where that is a possibility.
I hope that everyone had a good evening and a great day today!

Frouf, I hope that things settled down in your house and that things are even better today.

Kathy, sounds like Judd is really successful on the SF program so far. Sorry to hear about your dishwasher. Maybe you should get a handyman's license as well as your vet training?!?
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #169  
Card Carrying Princess

Good morning chickies!...and I can't believe Vickie was NOT carrying a huge sign saying hi to her favorite core buddies - what's up with that????

Melissa - I'm sure nice lipstick & gloss will cover those nasty dirty lips of yours! ha ha ha

Kathy - I can still relate to the dishwasher scenario - esp the water on the bottom - dh now thinks a filter needs replacing? He's driving around with the "parts" in the car and will hopefull get some advice today on how to fix it - what a nightmare this is becoming!

Lots of drama last night - but I was able to calm dh down a bit - in fact he wanted to come out with me to get the software and maybe stop for a coffee/hot chocolate (I was starving by this time anyways!). So we got little ds to bed and went to best buy and got the $200 software! (and a power bar and rechargeable batteries for dd) and then decided that instead of coffee we should go out to a movie!!!! (it is cheap movie night on tuesdays).

So we dropped the stuff off at home and checked the movie listings and ended up going to a 9:30 show of Two for the Money - very well done by Al Pacino - quite a movie! Yes I had half a bag of popcorn and some diet pepsi - but was VERY PROUD of myself yesterday for making it thru the day without any major eating binges.

Got to bed way too late of course - (stayed up yapping til after 1 am) so I have little red sleep deprived eyes today - took a tylenol along with my calcium this morning as a preventative as I felt a tiny headache brewing in the background - hopefully this does the trick!

Today I am "supposed" to eat every two hours prior to fasting (gotta love that!), and I am behind schedule ha ha ha. Time for a snack before lunch and need to load up on the water as I will be quite dehydrated I'm sure.

Need to advise dh on the "cooking schedule" (he's making the roast beef and potatoes) so that the dinner is ready so I can start chowing down when I get home from work and be done by 6 pm! Wish me luck.

Later,

Frouf
Old 10-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #170  

Wow, Frouf -- that's a late night! I'm not a movie-goer but that does sound like a good one. I like Al Pacino. I'll watch them at home, but don't go out to the movies. That's what I was trying to say.

Hopefully your eating will stay on track and tomorrow won't be too difficult.

I haven't gotten a call from the plumber yet but when they call, I'm going to ask their opinion on having AHS replace the dishwasher. This is just too ridiculous. The last time (wasn't it only about 2 months ago?) it was stopped up. The guy said all sorts of gunk gets in there from detergent, etc. but it shouldn't do it again this soon. And when I ran it last night just to see if it would cycle on thru to the draining stage, it ran for about 1-1/2 hours and STILL didn't drain. I'm about done with it.

Time for my snack too. A teeny can of tomato juice -- yippee. (Yawn ....)
Old 10-12-2005, 11:11 AM   #171  

Good morning ladies. Wow Frouf, I can't even stay up past 11 and be human the next day. Of course, it's impossible for me to sleep past around 7:15 either, so I guess it's OK.

I'm pretty certain I have a small sinus infection. I feel like I'm fighting it off though. I'm going to bed early, and napping when I can, and not worrying about my eating too much. I haven't been really hungry anyway, so I'm OK. It was so nice for dinner yesterday. We had a big pot of Froufie's famous soup , and it was SO easy, since I had a big bag of it in the freezer. It was warm and satisfying, and easy too. Can't beat that!

For preschool tomorrow, we're supposed to go on a nature walk. The forecast says it'll be fairly warm (60's) but drizzly, so I'm also planning lots of indoor activities too. We're going to make pinecone bird feeders, salt dough bugs, have story time, do leaf rubbings, etc. Now all I have to do is prep all that stuff.

Then next week there's a big dinner at church that I'm partly in charge of, and then the week after that, a Halloween road rally I said I'd help with. All I really want to do is crawl into bed and sleep, but life goes on, huh? I'm sure in a few days I'll feel better, and be back on the warpath.

I've got to go put supper in the crockpot. We're having Fiesta Bean Burritos...it's a WW Flex recipe.

Later!
Angela
Old 10-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #172  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I'm still reading all the posts from yesterday but I saw your note about the coat in Penney's catalog. I have an online coupon (I shop at Penneys alot and get all the offers) for 30% off on regular priced merchandise and 10% off on sale merchandise. You just have to type in the promotional code during checkout. Anyone can use it. The code is SHOPALOT. If it's full price in the store, you might want to consider buying it online. I'll go back to reading now!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #173  

Vickie, hurry back and tell us about last night! I'm sure in spite of the loss, you had a great time!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:33 AM   #174  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I guess my last post lets you know EXACTLY how out of it I am today! You wrote Sears and I READ Penneys. Goodness gracious. I'll look for a Sears coupon!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:48 AM   #175  
Card Carrying Princess

Wow Angela - you sound very busy and I know it's probably harder to be superwoman w/a sinus infection - please make sure you take care of yourself too!

Thanks Vickie - I was about to tell you no Penney's in Canada - just sears! Will try and get there this weekend and try on the coat if they have it in the store - hope it's not too depressing (wonder if they have it in an extra fluffy size?)

So how was the game? What happened to the "hi core chickie friends" sign you had prepared? (seems none of us noticed it?). Did the parking work out okay - and did you get a BIG JUICY HOT DOG W/SAUERKRAUT? (inquiring minds want to know!).

Almost lunchtime - I'm not even hungry!

Frouf
Old 10-12-2005, 12:17 PM   #176  
Melissa

Frouf, sounds like you ended up with a good evening! I'm so glad. I wish lipstick would cover this bruise. It is just above the lip part though, on my skin, so if I put lipstick over it things would get even weirder. Good luck with your feasting/fasting!

Kathy, goodness, I say ditch the thing. But that's easy for me to say, because I don't have to buy another one.

Angela, I hope that you are feeling better already. Your plans sound like so much fun! Can I come too?? Your supper sounds good too.

Vickie, good to see you back. Hope you had a good time!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:51 PM   #177  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sorry, Frouf. No Sears coupon. Maybe you could find a jacket at Penneys that you like!

I just found out that our friend is coming to watch the Sox game with us tonight. I had just made a big grocery list for Jim to go to the store and pulled coupons. So now he's off to the store and our afternoon is now going to be crazy. I have to run around here and clean up and get ready to go to my survey appointment at 3:45. We'll go out to eat when I'm done and back here by 6:30 for our friend. Gotta pick up the pooch from her bath in between. Sheesh!

Now I can't be on here anymore for now. I'll come back later when I can.

We had an incredible fabulous time last night. Too bad we lost but we'll be back tonight. I'll post the details later!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #178  
focused and aiming

frouf, sounds like your evening turned out well afterall. i'm happy for you. congratulations on keeping your eating under control. that's an nsv for sure!

melissa, i hope your lip heals soon. thank you for bumping the nsv thread to the top.

kathy, sounds like judd's doing great. atta boy!!! i wish vickie had had a sign for us, too. we watched part of the game last night--mainly to see vickie and jim.

angela, fiesta bean burritos sound yummy! i hope you're feeling better before the troops arrive tomorrow.

vickie, you're having a blast, aren't you? that sure makes me smile. enjoy the game and your company tonight.

i am on display (sort of) about my archery stuff on a website . i know i can't type the http stuff here but if anyone would like to see it, please pm me and i'll send you the website.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #179  
Melissa

Sandra I think you are allowed to do the link here. Unless you tried already of course! I read about it one day in a mod forum and they said no ad links to stores, etc. But anyway, I would love to see it!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #180  

Me too. I asked one day and they said no ads, like Melissa said, and no promoting other boards to try and get members away from here.

But if you'd rather not, could you send me the link too?
Closed Thread