Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 03:00 PM   #181  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

For goodness sake - you can post the link without really posting the link if you know what I mean? like www dot xxxx dot com and I'm sure we very smart chickies could figure it out? I want to see our famous archery chick!

Vickie - sounds like a busy day is unfolding - too much to do in too little time - hope you get pooch washed, dinner eaten, house cleaned and groceries put away!

I too am considering a new dishwasher - wish it were that easy - would cost more $$ of course so not an option for us at this time.

...and gee I would order from jc penney's - but I'm sure the american exchange rate and shipping would probably negate any savings from fabulous coupons! Here's a pics of the jacket I would like:http://www6.sears.ca/webapp/wcs/stor...rc=1&cnh=10001
Old 10-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #182  

Frouf, that is a nice jacket. I hope you find one!

Man, I'm going to cover my dishwasher's ears so it doesn't start getting ideas. My dryer was giving me pains earlier this year, and now my washer's knob doesn't work right, but so far (knock on wood) my dw is OK.

I've got almost everything ready for the kiddos tomorrow. The weather report is getting more and more favorable, so I think we'll end up having a grand time.

So far for lunch, I've had 2 tortillas, a few slices of pepperoni, and a granola bar. My appetite is just really off. Things I usually like sound terrible to me. And NO, I'm not pregnant - don't even think it!

Sandra, the Fiesta Bean Burritos are really easy. 1 drained can of pinto peans, 1 drained can of kidney beans, 1 small can of corn, 1 can of Ro-tel tomatoes (drain and discard 1/2 c. liquid), and they say to add 3 T. burrito seasoning. I have no idea where I'd find that, so I just left it out. I imagine if I add some cumin, it'll be all right. You put that all in a crock-pot and heat it 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Then smush it up a little, spread it on a warmed tortilla, and serve w/ff sour cream. To be Core, you'd have to count the tortilla, but still, not bad. I'll let you all know how they turn out.

Well, back to work.

Angela
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #183  
Melissa

YUM! Angela that sounds great. And counting points just for the tortilla would not be bad at all. I bet that with a salad would be good too.

Frouf, hope you can find your jacket! I bet it gets cold up yonder!
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #184  

Height: 5'7"

I've never heard of burrito seasoning either, but put it in Google and came up with:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg season_burritox400.jpg (25.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #185  
Melissa

I have seen it with the taco fixin's in the grocery store.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:25 PM   #186  

Yeah, I saw taco seasoning, fajita seasoning, enchilada seasoning, etc. But NO burrito seasoning. I guess they won't be true burritos then. Sigh. I'll guess I'll learn to live with the void in my life created by the lack of burrito seasoning. It'll be hard, but I think I'll struggle through.

Angela
Old 10-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #187  
Melissa

Old 10-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #188  

Maybe with some intense therapy and a 12 step program, you'll be fine someday.

I've never seen it but I can't imagine it making a huge difference.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #189  
focused and aiming

good idea, frouf.

if anyone wants to see me and what's happened in my archery world this year go to-- w w w dot kcoutdoors dot com /success dot htm

melissa, i chickened out on posting the website as is. from the photo you'd think i'd be tougher, wouldn't you?

we had to have a new dishwasher just a few years ago. in fact, since we married in 99, we've gotten a new fridge, range, dishwasher, and microwave. whew! i hope all lasts longer than we do now.

angela, this sounds like my kind of food. i just printed your recipe out and will definitely make this soon. thank you so much for posting it.

lol on the seasonings. i usually just use salsa to season. we like it hot!

Last edited by ontarget; 10-12-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:41 PM   #190  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi! I'm home and waiting for our friend to arrive. He's due any minute. We got everything done and had a lovely Core meal out. We almost hit a car broadside on our way home. This guy pulled out right in front of us. Jim had looked to his left and never saw the guy pull out. I did! Mostly because I'm a control freak and drive even when I'm not driving! I very breathlessly shouted "Watch Out"! Jim looked up and slammed on the brakes....very hard....and we avoided the accident. Jim yelled at the 25ish year old out the window. Do you believe that this guy did a "U" turn and came back around racing at us and cut in front of us and stopped? Like he was mad at US!!!!!! Sheesh. I memorized his license number in case he did something to us. My adrenaline is now racing and I'm starving even though I ate a lot of food just a while ago. I'm thinking I deserve some popcorn during the Sox game. Jim and Ralph will be having homemade nachos (by me). Ok.....Ralph is here.

I'll be back in the morning to chat and respond.

GOOOOOOO Sox!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:53 PM   #191  
focused and aiming

vickie, that driver sounds like he should be in missoula. i have to tell you we've had some harrowing times, too. a drunk followed us to a restaurant one time and keyed our van while we were eating. some adults act worse than kids, don't they?

i think i'll have some popcorn with you tonight. sounds good. i am sooooo proud of you. again you're true to core.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:58 PM   #192  

Holy smoke, Vickie! What a nut that guy must be! I'm always afraid to yell or "gesture" to other drivers for fear they'll pull out a gun or ram me or something. Road rage is pretty common around here and I don't want any part of it.

The game is on in just a few minutes. I'm trying to settle down after talking to DS. Had to call him at that bar that he goes to every day and I hope I embarrassed him. He does NOT need to go every day and does NOT need to be spending money that he should either be paying me back with, or paying some of these other people who call all the time. I'm sick of it ... told him we were definitely making a change. You know, if he wants to go live with some of his bar friends, then there's the door buddy.

Judd is bowling tonight, I'm alone with a kitchen full of dirty dishes and not in a good mood. Just heard on the news where a Dallas teacher is accused of beating up a 6-year-old girl. Have you ever heard something that outrageous!!!???!!!

Okay, deep breaths.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #193  
focused and aiming

deep breaths, kathy. deep breaths. ds definitely needs to work on being more responsible.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #194  
focused and aiming

okay, i see i've been a wimp. you'd think i'd be braver, wouldn't you? here's the website if you'd like to take a peek. this is the success story board at an outdoors shop (hunting/fishing), so there are some hunting photos here.

http://www.kcoutdoors.com/success.htm

Last edited by ontarget; 10-12-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #195  

Sandra, that was very impressive! Of course, we already knew about all of your accomplishments and talent, but it's nice to get the recognition! Very cool!
Closed Thread