Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #121  
Justin

S/C/G: 166/140/132

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeesKnees View Post
Just received another reply from the great rep at sensewear:

We are advising new customers to only purchase a month subscription at this time as we know there will be a pricing change coming in the near future resulting in a lower subscription cost to you. Please feel free to email anytime with questions - that's what we are here for! Have a great day!

I really want one now. :cross fingers: if I print a copy and place it under DH's pillow, maybe he'll get the hint.
now we are talking!

sensewear is definitely the better product as of now but i am waiting till v3 bodybugg to see if that gap will be smaller.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #122  
I Ride Like A Girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnguy85 View Post
the additional 99.95 = extra YEAR of subscription. you are already getting the initial 3 month with your 349.

to the sensewear ladies, how much is it monthly again?
I was basing my calculations on the price that was posted here which included 6 months of subscription and the bb site only offers 3 months with initial purchase and
Web-Only bodybugg Program (no armband)
$99.95 For a limited time only!

* Online food logging with custom meal plans
* Estimated energy expenditure data based on your lifestyle
* 3-month subscription to the web-based program
* 1 phone session with a bodybugg coach

I don't see a one year sub option on the bb site.

Sharon (the nice customer service lady at Bodymedia) advised the one month at a time for the SW sub as they are for certain lowering the price she just didn't know how much or when.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #123  
I Ride Like A Girl!

In talking with a rep and the customer service lady the bb will never have a sleep function and I am *very* interested in that feature.
Based on the retail prices (not ebay prices) of the version 2 BB I don't think that the version 3 is going to be any cheaper than the sensewear (altho it would be really cool to have a black one)
Pretty sure the month-to-month sub to the bb site is $14.95 so even if the SW site stays at $20 I'm down but i am sure when they figure out their pricing they will have 3/6/9/12 month packages available
A friend of mine works at a gym and i mentioned the SW to her last night and they are actually getting the SW (over the BB) for retail and then even having 15 units on hand for their members to use. Pretty sweet huh?
I was going to order today but then it would be here by the end of the week and i am going out of town. (how could i possibly go out of town knowing it is waiting to come to it's new home and for me to get started? LOL)
I think i will order on friday to get it around wednesday of next week
Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #124  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeesKnees View Post
...Side question for those that have the sensewear miniarmband - Did anyone get it with the display? If so, does it also double as a hrm to help you maintain a steady hr during cardio?
- I have the display for the SenseWear and I wear it to work on my belt loop (left side). It's convenient that way. It's just a display unit basically showing (if you want to see) what you're burning, # of steps taken etc since all info is in the armband it's hard to see it unless you upload it. But the display lets you see all that if you want to keep track.

- Although I've been experiencing problems with the display. It goes out of sync for me quite often and it's annoying sometimes. It's within 3 ft of the recommended distance from the armband and yet it goes out of sync often for me. Not to mention I have to push the button on the armband numerous times to sync it. So I don't know if I got a faulty unit or if others are having issues with syncing also or not?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #125  
NROL4W-Stage 5

I have 1 more Q regarding the calcium entry in SenseWear Software. Mine shows negative numbers for daily allowance for some reason.

For example, my daily allowance is 1000 mg of calcium per day and it calculates (based on my daily food intake and calcium supplement) -450 mg. I don't understand why it is negative when I know I'm taking all my calcium thru supplement and various foods I eat. Or what does this negative number represent? Does anyone have similar issues?

Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #126  
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottierockstar View Post
In talking with a rep and the customer service lady the bb will never have a sleep function and I am *very* interested in that feature.

Based on the retail prices (not ebay prices) of the version 2 BB I don't think that the version 3 is going to be any cheaper than the sensewear (altho it would be really cool to have a black one)

Pretty sure the month-to-month sub to the bb site is $14.95 so even if the SW site stays at $20 I'm down but i am sure when they figure out their pricing they will have 3/6/9/12 month packages available
sensewear is not even close in terms monthly pricing compared to the bb.

you save at the minimum 5 bucks a month if you do "month to month." if you purchase 1 year..thats only 8 bucks a month! that's a lot better than 20 for sensewear. so we will see how the new monthly pricing stacks up for sensewear.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 205/195/185

Height: 6'1"

The bodybugg V3 will be available in mid to late November, its guts are exactly the same as the new senseware device, but the applications you interface are different. The V3 and the current Senseware are smaller than the current model of the bodybugg, and has a rechargeable battery which you dock at your computer when you want to recharge it, and I believe it has an extra accelerometer which could theoretically make it more accurate. It is splash resistant, but as of now does not have a depth rating (wouldn't do any good as the algorithims are not set for water activities and the sensors would be all off as water dissipates heat much differently than does air).
Old 08-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 170/170/110

Height: 4'11''

Perfect timing! That's around my birthday so hopefully I can scrape up some change and then compare prices of the bb vs sw monthly.

In the meantime, I'll rely on ye ol' polar f11. The plus of all this is, by the time I hit my goal weight I can still use whichever one I use to help maintain.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 205/195/185

Height: 6'1"

The kewl thing about the bodybugg is that you can use the "based on views" once you are in a maintenance phase and just weigh yourself each week, and then it tells you on average how many calories youhave eaten per day. That is what I currently do and if I have gained a pound I can tell if it is from eating too much or lack of mevement. I know people who have used that function that do not want to log their food, and still use it to lose weight, but I would not recommend it until you are in a maintenance phase.

I was OCD about it when I used it to lose just under 30 lbs in a few months; I carried a mail scale in my breifcase when I travelled and even measured my TCBY in the airport, ate the yogurt and measured it again to subtract the weight of the cup and spoon. I was not right in the head.

I am not certain if the new interface for the Senseware program does the same, but it really simple A+B=C and if I know A and C I can solve for B.

A=calories burned
B=calories consumed
C=weight change 1lb of fat is about 3,500 calories
Old 08-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #130  
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanussier View Post
The bodybugg V3 will be available in mid to late November, its guts are exactly the same as the new senseware device, but the applications you interface are different. The V3 and the current Senseware are smaller than the current model of the bodybugg, and has a rechargeable battery which you dock at your computer when you want to recharge it, and I believe it has an extra accelerometer which could theoretically make it more accurate. It is splash resistant, but as of now does not have a depth rating (wouldn't do any good as the algorithims are not set for water activities and the sensors would be all off as water dissipates heat much differently than does air).
hey thanks for the info!

so we now know CURRENT sensewear wms = V3 bodybugg and the new bugg will have some of the features from the senswear such as rechargeable battery, smaller form factor and extra accelerometer.

but it won't have the sleep function.

do you know if apex will upgrade it's web interface? i want something new..haha

as far as sensewear is concerned, we are all waiting for the new pricing system.

i also wonder if it will be cheap to upgrade to the v3 bugg.

lots of questions.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:33 AM   #131  
I Ride Like A Girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnguy85 View Post
sensewear is not even close in terms monthly pricing compared to the bb.

you save at the minimum 5 bucks a month if you do "month to month." if you purchase 1 year..thats only 8 bucks a month! that's a lot better than 20 for sensewear. so we will see how the new monthly pricing stacks up for sensewear.
I'm not trying to argue your point of view.
I did say the month to month pricing and for *me* having the sleep tracking is worth the additional $5/month..which is pretty close in my book
Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 170/170/110

Height: 4'11''

Eep. The only scary thing to me, is that I literally sleep for only 4.5 - 5hrs max during the week. I'm a bit nocturnal and function way better in the evenings.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:36 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 265/230/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi! This thread was so informative!

It seems like the consensus is the Sensewear is better, but more expensive?

Does everyone feel like it was money well spent, or have there been any negatives?

Sensewear emailed me their order form, and I'm leaning towards getting one... but I'm a member of 24hr Fitness and they're always pushing the BodyBugg. I just thought I'd double check with everyone before I spent all the money

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #134  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naia View Post
... Does everyone feel like it was money well spent, or have there been any negatives?...Thanks!
I bought sensewear few weeks ago and I wish I'd bought it sooner. Whether you buy Bodybugg or SenseWear is up to you They're both very similar and BB is coming out with a newer version soon. I have been using SW religiously and logging EVERY food or vitamins I eat. Yes I could have done it before without the sensewear but this makes it easy and does a whole lot more. I can feel my attitude change too towards lots of things. I'm not afraid to take more steps now just so I could add to my number of steps per day I can see how many calories I burn per day without much exercise or activity...I felt that was really good to see. I can see how much fat or sodium I'm consuming per day for example. Also read this entire thread and couple of folks have posted their sample reports for you to see how it shows the data. This thread helped me make my decision

So I'd say definitely buy it...it's worth it

Last edited by pintobean; 09-01-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #135  
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naia View Post
Hi! This thread was so informative!

It seems like the consensus is the Sensewear is better, but more expensive?

Does everyone feel like it was money well spent, or have there been any negatives?

Sensewear emailed me their order form, and I'm leaning towards getting one... but I'm a member of 24hr Fitness and they're always pushing the BodyBugg. I just thought I'd double check with everyone before I spent all the money

Thanks!
absolutely get the sensewear IF:
a. you want the sleep function
b. you want a little bit more powerful web interface/reports

get the version 2 bodybugg (current one) if:
a. you don't care about form factor/size
b. cost, it's going to be cheaper because it's older

quite frankly i don't know why you would want to wait for the version 3 bodybugg. it's not going to be much cheaper than sensewear anyway. the only reason before you would have wanted to wait was because of lower monthly cost.

as people have reported earlier, the monthly cost of sensewear is probably going to change which should close the gap with bodybugg.

as far as regrets or negatives..nothing so far!

i mean i wake up in the morning, logon and plan my 5 meals..and i am done. shows me everything i need in terms of the macronutrient ratios and all the good stuff.

right now i am back to bulking up and it's going to be interesting this time around with the bodybugg. i am eating ~150cals over what my bugg tells me i burned for the day.

hope that helps
Closed Thread