Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 265/230/135

Height: 5'4"

Thank you!! That helped quite a bit!

I think I'm going to go with the SW, for the size and the sleep function. I really like the idea of being able to see everything. And after reading all your guys's posts, I'm excited!

Thanks again!!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 170/170/110

Height: 4'11''

I think I'm going to go ballistic...I might just grab the v2 right now up on Ebay.

Now I'm trying to distract myself from doing that.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #138  
Justin

S/C/G: 166/140/132

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeesKnees View Post
I think I'm going to go ballistic...I might just grab the v2 right now up on Ebay.

Now I'm trying to distract myself from doing that.
be careful with the ebay ones. if they are not brand new with a brand new never used subscription..you are going to run into a lot of trouble.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #139  

You know...thank you for that. I can now sit back for a second and hold out for the v3.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 205/195/185

Height: 6'1"

If you want shiny new hotness...get the Senseware now; that is the newer smaller armband than the current bodybugg. They should both be equal in size and how they collect the data, but the Senseware has the sleep function if you need it even after the bodybugg V3 comes out in November.

The bodybugg is really geared for weight management and gives you some of the tools like the tutorials and the goal setting functions the Senseware does not. The future of the interfaces will really begin to differ within the next year, but for now they do not... i think you can also register your armband from one to the other program (but don't quote me on that).
Old 09-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #141  
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanussier View Post
The future of the interfaces will really begin to differ within the next year, but for now they do not... i think you can also register your armband from one to the other program (but don't quote me on that).
interfaces for both sensewear and bodybugg will change?

and also you mean i would able to use a bodybugg with the sensewear interface? does sensewear even sell the interface part of it seperately?

Last edited by ndnguy85; 09-05-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:08 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 265/230/135

Height: 5'4"

I bought the Sensewear! It's shipping tomorrow. I'm excited!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #143  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

ditto all those cheering and raving. i have the sexy sw with the sleep function, and it's made a big difference in that i think about sleep targets with the same seriousness i used to reserve for calories. a good thing indeed!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #144  

Default Yay!

Glad I found this thread. And also, HI I am new here :-)

Though, I do have a question about the SenseWear version.
I know the BodyBugg does NOT run on any Mac's (unless running parallels/bootcamp, etc), and I have been fed the, "we are integrating" line for the past 9 months. Does anyone know if SenseWear works on a Mac??
I'm a current Bugg user and I do run parallels, but I would love to NOT have to.

I also just got the version 3 from SenseWear so I plan to put my current Bugg on ebay, or pm me if someone wants to take it off my hands. Sorry if this shameless plugging is not allowed... lol...
Old 09-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #145  

In meantime...how is everyone doing progress wise with their bodybugg/sensewear?

I can't wait to shout out when I have one as well
Old 09-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naia View Post
Does everyone feel like it was money well spent, or have there been any negatives?
For me, it has been both. I purchased it and kept at it, eventually losing around 10 lbs. But then got lazy about it.
So just like with everything else concerning weight loss tools, if you don't work at it, it won't be worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naia View Post
Sensewear emailed me their order form, and I'm leaning towards getting one... but I'm a member of 24hr Fitness and they're always pushing the BodyBugg. I just thought I'd double check with everyone before I spent all the money
The only difference between the sensewear and the body bugg is that sensewear is now smaller, waterproof, tracks sleeping habits and has a fourth axis to measure.
BodyBugg's software does not do the sleep tracking but otherwise does everything sensewear does.

The only answer I have unanswered is mac compatibility, which since it's both from the same company, something tells me that both Sensewear and Bodybugg are only windows and internet explorer compatible.

I also tried spoofing my browser forcing bodybugg to think I am running both IE and windows, it did not work... which makes me a sad panda
I just don't get all this operating system snobbery. meh.

Last edited by rachelf; 09-05-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #147  
Justin

the problem is the driver. without the driver, the bodybugg or the wireless updater is not recognized by the operating system. and without that, the website doesnt work.

the bodybugg is not some miracle pill to lose weight. if you have been tracking your calories daily, eating right and exercising..but you are left wondering..how many calories do i really need?? ..then it will help you.

right now i am using it to bulk up. trying to gain about half a lb a week..so i eat just a tad bit more than what my daily burn is.

Last edited by ndnguy85; 09-05-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnguy85 View Post
the problem is the driver. without the driver, the bodybugg or the wireless updater is not recognized by the operating system. and without that, the website doesnt work.
As a side note, it is not just the driver. The website, even when you fool their server to think you are running IE and Vista, still does not load past the browser test page.
It's a shame because it would be a little easier to be able to update what you eat with out having to load parallels or boot camp.
Oh wells.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #149  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

it ain't OS snobbery, believe me. i kept trying to install the sensewear UI on a Vista 64-bit compatible OS. no dice. they told me it would be coming sometime in november.

i've lost around 15 lbs on it so far. but the real victory is that i no longer view my food choices as a judgemental commentary on how i'm doing as a human being (e.g. good or bad.) it's just calories in and calories out. FINALLY! i get it now.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #150  

I was reading the rest of this thread and a couple of people mentioned some curiosity about why sensewear/bodybugg does not offer a non-web version of the software. I have confirmed the existence of such software and the pricing, and it is pretty outrageous. It makes the monthly fee sound so nice in comparison.

Anywhoo, the two product lines are WMS (weight management solution, which is the consumer version, and what apex/24hr fitness sells) and BMS (body monitoring solution) that uses the non-web software called InnerView. From what I have seen on InnerView 4.1 version (they might be at version 6), InnerView does not have ability to track food intake, but does everything else like sleep, caloric expenditure, and graphs of your caloric output through out the day/week/month, it also does not connect/detect the consumer version of the band, at least it didn't with mine. And it also dumps all the data files into an .xls type file that gets thrown into a directory within the sensewear install folder.

The price difference is HUGE. For BMS version, the armband alone costs $950 and the software is $2450, versus the $431.95 WMS version, which includes shipping, a month of the software, armband, and watch monitor.

These are all pricing for the sensewear v3 armband, and NOT bodybugg or sensewear version 2.

Anyway, I guess if you all don't want to pay a $15.00 a month membership fee, you can always shell out $3,000
Closed Thread