Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #46  
Justin

S/C/G: 166/140/132

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Well, my concern was mostly outside the gym area. For example, going to a restaurant? Hanging out with friends? Just going out doing random things and wearing different clothes/shirts and have the bodybugg/sensewear on you. If someone sees me at the gym with it I don't have a problem but it's outside of the exercise activities that I was wondering what does everyone do?
ok i just tried wearing it with some of my t-shirts and what i noticed it...if the sleeves are not too tight and short (should cover that side tricep muscle)..then it's fine.

i put a pic up of both of my arms and u can kind of tell which arm it's on. but sleeveless and bodybugg in an outside of gym setting is probably not going to be very good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arms.jpg (16.0 KB, 111 views)
Old 07-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #47  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Thank you ndnguy85, actually it's not as bad as I thought. The picture helped
Old 07-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #48  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I wear sleeveless tops all the time with mine. At work, only one person asked about it, he assumed it was an mp3 player when he saw me coming back from walking at lunch. I even wore it to the club over the weekend. My bf's friend asked what it was and I told him it monitors how many calories I burn, that was the end of it. Those are really the only 2 things I have heard. I live in San Diego and wear tank tops and such all the time without incident. I figure that my goals are way more important than worrying what other people may or may not be thinking. Honestly, I think that most people assume it is an ipod armband.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
Honestly, I think that most people assume it is an ipod armband.
Exactly-most people aren't going to notice anything at all. Out of the people who do notice, most people will assume it's a MP3 player.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:50 AM   #50  
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by j45rpm View Post
Exactly-most people aren't going to notice anything at all. Out of the people who do notice, most people will assume it's a MP3 player.
i wore it to the gym the last 2 days. no one asked. i dont think people know such a device exists so ya it can easily pass for an mp3 player. i will probably get the smaller one after the price settles.

i worn it for 5 days now. battery is halfway. i am still amazed by how much it works.

i think this is going to come in more handy once i start bulking up. that's when the calories really matter. You don't want to eat too much when you are trying to put on muscle because your body can only use so much of it to make new muscle. once i know what i am burning for that day, it should be easy to add that extra 100-200 cals.

5-7lbs till a six pack!
Old 07-27-2008, 01:01 AM   #51  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

ok- now I want one of these. I will have to wait a while though with all of my other healthy lifestyle purchases!

I would LOVE to know how many calories I am actually burning.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #52  

Well tomorrow is my week 2 weigh-in...I took a peek this morning and I am down another 3.6 lbs! That's 7 lbs in 2 weeks! That is a record for me! I have been fighting a cold for 5-6 days, so I skipped the gym and it was TOM (5 lbs water weight gain)...I would've been happy with maintenance! I can't believe that I actually found something that works!!! I want everyone to know about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #53  

Where is everyone? We need more exposure to this thread! Maybe the peeps in calorie counters would be interested? There has got to be more people that have a bodybugg or that want to find out more about it!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #54  
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
Where is everyone? We need more exposure to this thread! Maybe the peeps in calorie counters would be interested? There has got to be more people that have a bodybugg or that want to find out more about it!!!
i know! not a lot of people seem very interested in something that works. post a crazy diet and you will get folks to read.

i took an off day today and i am seeing how low my daily requirement is compared to my workout days.

i am on track to burn roughly only 1850cals. on workout days i was burning 2500! (40 min weights + 20 mins cardio after).

before i got the bodybugg i just assumed my workout 3-4x a week was enough. i ate around 1700 on and off days. now i realize i wasnt in much of a deficit on off days.

so less off days plus more active "on" days...and i am seeing much better results.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #55  

I was also very surprised by how little I burn on non-workout days (only around 2000, 3000-3500 on workout days). I have started doing other things if I know I will not make it to the gym...swim, walk extra, climb the stairs throughout the day, take a few laps around the building, run errands after work, anything to get me moving. I can't believe the success that is seen with this thing and the lack of response! If only people knew how effective weight loss could be! I was scared at first, afriad of being ripped off, worried it wouldn't work. That's why I am trying to get the word out, I think if people knew, they would get involved! Good luck!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #56  

Maybe you guys can help me out! I've looked into the Sensewear (have decided that's the one I want), but have had very little luck in trying to contact the company! When I call, no matter the time of day, I get voice mail and have to leave a message (I've left 3!), and my e-mails went unanswered for over 4 days. This morning, I finally received a response that only told me how to order, and ignored my other questions regarding warranty, if there's any issue with using a Mac, etc. I've now sent yet ANOTHER message (to an alternate address that was provided), but it's been all day and nothing.

I desperately want to order this product - I do actually have a metabolic disorder, and feel the feedback could be invaluable for me. However, the lack of response concerns me given the amount of money I would be spending (2 units - one for hubby and one for me). Can you share your experiences with the company, and also tell me anything you know about warranty, Mac-compatibility, etc.? It would be very greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 232 / 182 / 164

Height: 5'8"

Hello! I found this thread via a Google search.

My fitness center at work is doing this 5-day program where we can "lease" a SenseWear arm band (the mini version). I signed up and today is my first day wearing the device.

Since this is a limited program, I don't have the wrist band and I don't get to download my own data (lame, I know)... but on Monday morning when I drop off the device they will upload the data for me and give me a printout report of my 5 days wearing the device.

So I'm treating these 5 days as a "science experiment". The main reason I signed up is that I have a hard time figuring out how many calories I actually burn, and therefore how much I should be eating. So I'm really looking forward to some enlightenment.

For this experiment I am simply going about my normal daily life. It's tempting to want to increase my activity (i.e. taking the stairs) but I don't want to skew the results... I want an accurate picture of what I burn during my normal life and my normal exercise routine.

Today I had my weekly personal training session. Tomorrow I'll do cardio. Friday I will skip the gym because I want to know how much I burn in a normal weekday with NO exercise. And on Saturday and Sunday I will just do normal errands and household chores, etc.

Anyway... I doubt this post is of any value to anyone, but I was excited to read all your opinons on the SenseWear and BodyBugg and just wanted to chime in. I have a feeling I will end up buying one for myself after this trial program has ended. The online tools sound GREAT. I already use SparkPeople to log my food, so I'm used to that sort of thing.

Oh I do have a question for those of you that track your food intake on the BodyBugg/SenseWear sites. Does it allow you to simply enter how many calories you ate that day, instead of looking up individual food items in the database? For example if I wanted to continue using SparkPeople to track my food, but also want to input my calorie intake in the SenseWear site... would I be able to do that easily?

Thanks!

Last edited by fujiapple; 07-30-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #58  

One more question for the experts!

I'm looking at the order form I received this morning - if I order the $459 package, does this come with everything I need? I note that under "Accessories and Replacements" on the form that there is a Wireless Communicator for $114, and a USB Power Adaptor for $21, but don't know if these are necessary add-ons or if they come with the package, or ???

Thanks again - sorry to use you to fill in the blanks, but I'm eager to get going on a decision!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #59  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

hi magpie, yes, the $459 comes with everything you need, including the monitor. you don't need the power adapter - the cord that it comes with for uploading your data works just fine for charging. you'd only need it if you plan on going long periods without uploading to a computer. it would take days and days to kill the battery (and frankly, i couldn't stand to go that long without knowing my data!) but of course you'd also get that from the monitor. so sorry to hear that you weren't getting a response from sensewear! they're normally pretty good, but i was having a little bit of trouble uploading last week and it took them two days to call me back too. i'm guessing there was some sort of technological meltdown that required most hands on deck - i'd keep trying. they're normally very good.

and fujiapple, you could theoretically enter a flat calorie intake for the day - you'd just create a custom food with that number of calories, and log it at the end of the day. i've found though that the sensewear meal planning and logging is pretty good (i have a paid fitday license i used for years) and i spend a lot more time on the app using the whole thing. not necessary, though.

HTH!

Last edited by kuhljeanie; 07-31-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:11 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I find all of this so interesting, & I'm seriously thinking about taking the plunge!

Last edited by jenjen; 07-31-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: never mind...found the answer
Closed Thread