Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 01:11 AM   #241  

Default Eye Opening!!

Today completes a full two days of wearing the Sensewear armband and so far I have been really pleased.

It was funny seeing the spike in "activity" when I got up to use the bathroom at 2:30am last night!!

I don't know how accurate it is as far as knowing calories burned, but I can tell that it absolutely knows when I've been up and moving or just sitting at the computer.

In a way this little bugger has taken the "power" away from the scale---I feel I have a bit of control over the outcome for the first time ever! I have dieted on and off for ages and have typically been one of these all or nothing dieters----you know, mess up and eat some chips, therefore, since I have "messed up for the day" ---might as well eat the rest of that bag of chips and a couple of candy bars since I've already blown it anyway-----and I'll start over next week!! or even better-----I have not ate anything "bad" for two days and the scale hasn't moved, therefore, I might as well eat whatever, because I don't lose weight anyway!!

Anyway, this little device kind of puts it all in perspective with constant data showing the calories in vs calories out-----I don't think a few chips would derail me at this point!!!

I hope in a month, I'm still on this path and feel as positive about this as I do right now!!!

Karen
Old 10-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Karen,
Do you find that your steps are off? I woke up this morning with 292 steps. Plus I have been getting over 10,000 steps, and when I wore a pedomontior I never got anywhere near that many steps.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

I have used the armband for one full day and checked the results constantly yesterday by uploading the data to the website.

I am wondering about the step count as well. Since that is measured at the arm and not at the waist, if you raise your arms or are sweeping the floor, lift weights, etc do those count as steps?

I tried to reset the trip function to measure the steps on the armband versus the count on my elliptical last night, but couldn't get it to zero out - too big of a hurry.

I am traveling out of town for the next few days, but will wear my pedometer for a few days to see if there is a discrepancy between the two. This will be Friday or Saturday before I can do that, but will post the result.

Also, it does a pretty good job of measuring how long you are lying down or sleeping except I wake up a lot and try not to open my eyes or move so I will go back to sleep. For me it measures that whole time as being asleep.

Like this so far. I am really relying on the accuracy of the calories used from the armband so hope they are in the ballpark.

Walked my dog for a little while yesterday at a slow speed and that measured about the same in terms of intensity as going at it on the elliptical. It was a warm day during the walk so am wondering if the sun warms your skin if this falsely triggers that you are more active than you are.

I should get this all figured out with a few weeks worth of use.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 170/170/110

Height: 4'11''

I got mine last week!!! (V2 - thank you rachelf)

Go figure...I'm fighting off some bronchitis like symptoms . I was tempted to work out anyway, but might go to the dry sauna instead to try and burn it out of my lungs. So far, I like it. Even DH helped keep tabs on my eats for the day and helped me estimate the portions I have to say that I am way more sedentary than I previously thought and for the past 3 days I've had a food surplus vs. calories burned, yikes!!!

Time to plan out the bentos for the week. I'm going to use 1:1:2 portions of protein, carb and veggies. How is everyone else doing?

Last edited by TheBeesKnees; 10-06-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #245  

Default Day 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaby13 View Post
Karen,
Do you find that your steps are off? I woke up this morning with 292 steps. Plus I have been getting over 10,000 steps, and when I wore a pedomontior I never got anywhere near that many steps.
I have not been watching the "steps" count close enough to know if it is very accurate, but I haven't been able to hit 10,000 yet----not even on a busy day of shopping on Sat ---only hit about 8600 that day.

I have noticed a better reaction to my food blunders-----tonight I came home and was starving---supper not anywhere near ready---and I ate cookies---not one or two, but quite a few I know why I was "starving" ---I had only consumed 597 calories for the entire day and it was 5:30pm!!

Previously, this breakdown would have caused a binge free for all. But not today!! I logged the calories online and it was not pretty.

In one of the most uncharacteristic moves ever-----I put on my tennis shoes and went for a walk-----30 minutes from one end of my subdivision to the other and back. The walk didn't take care of all of those cookie calories but it sure made a dent and no free for all binge!!!

I got back and uploaded my armband data and it showed that during my walk I burned between 7 and 8 calories per minute------I was really pleased---in the past few days I had done some serious housecleaning but never made it over 6 calories burned per minute and those were very sporadica intervals.

Karen
Old 10-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 170/170/110

Height: 4'11''

You know, I've noticed that I'm barely hitting 10,000 in my walks. But I feel fantastic to see where I stand during the day. Even if it does come up a tad short, that's okay...that's unseen free calorie burn to add to the deficit
Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #247  

Does anyone have any other negative views on the sensewear product?

As someone mentioned, I think their support is horrible. They clearly have a lack of infrastructure for customer support. What happens when you need tech support?

That is the largest part that scares me. That and they seem to change their rules or pricing frequently. There is a restock fee if you return it?

I think this can all be overlooked if the product is really worth it. I am waiting for an email so I can order it - noticed quite a few of you had the same issue as well. The CSR admitted they do not have the resources to handle the volume of calls/emails coming in. That scares me since it is quite an investment. They are in process of updating their website to have a commerce page in which you can order directly. Anyway, I am trying to decide if it is well worth it. There is a lot more information on the bodybugg out there than there is the sensewear. Which is why I have yet to take the plunge. However, considering the sensewear has more capabilities than the bodybugg, perhaps I am worrying too much.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #248  

I just recieved my SenseWear today and was so excited to get started until I jumped into the instructions manual and it said to go to Sensewear.com and type in my username and password supplied in the Welcome email. I didn't get a welcome email Now this is going to delay my registration - a little frusterated since I've waited over a week for it to come! I know what the username is that I requested, anyone know if the password they supply you with is generic and what it may be so I can get started tonight! Thanks!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 265/230/135

Height: 5'4"

I've had mine for a few weeks now, and it seems fairly accurate to me. I haven't counted step by step - but I can see when I get up to get water at work, and when I get up at night to go to the bathroom and it seems to be about the correct amount of steps to get there and back. The only time I meet the 10,000 step goal is when I go to the gym and work out on the treadmill/elliptical for an hour.

The calories burned seem pretty good to me too. On average I burn about 1.1 to 1.3 when I'm just sitting at work (computer work). When I do housework or walk or even clean the cat's litter box I can see the little spikes of activity. Nothing but a real workout or the gym gets me to burn higher than 6. For the gym I can see the constant workout, and I can even see when I take a break or move from one machine to the other.

For the calories, if I do an average day with some exercise (but not the gym) I'm in the low 2000's (like 2200). With the gym I can hit 2500. When I was sick and slept almost all day last week, I barely made 1700.

I've worn mine almost every day since I received it, and am still loving it. Sometimes it'll be a little pinchy or itchy and I'll have to move it around on my arm. Other than that, no problems. I love seeing how much I'm burning vs how much I've eaten. Like others, it's helped me with those binge moments of ... "oh I already had some chips, I might as well give it up for today" because I can see just how much I've eaten vs burned. So instead I go do a little workout to get back on track.

Except recently, since I've been sick & have had some family things going on. Still, it's a help!

I haven't had to call customer service, so I can't comment on that.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #250  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSLogue View Post
I just recieved my SenseWear today and was so excited to get started until I jumped into the instructions manual and it said to go to Sensewear.com and type in my username and password supplied in the Welcome email. I didn't get a welcome email Now this is going to delay my registration - a little frusterated since I've waited over a week for it to come! I know what the username is that I requested, anyone know if the password they supply you with is generic and what it may be so I can get started tonight! Thanks!
I had the same problem. I called and emailed my rep and they emailed me the password. It is not a generic password. So I'd suggest you call your rep with whom you made the purchase and let them know that you did not receive the account info email.
HTH
Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #251  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Hey guys I have a question for you that wear it. Can I log my cals burned without having the subscription to the website or do I have to have that to log the cals burned? Like what happens after you run out of your subscription do you just have a program that comes with the sensewear?

EDIT*** Do you wear it when you sleep?

Last edited by SephyFowl; 10-07-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 215.9/145.2/130

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephyFowl View Post
Hey guys I have a question for you that wear it. Can I log my cals burned without having the subscription to the website or do I have to have that to log the cals burned? Like what happens after you run out of your subscription do you just have a program that comes with the sensewear?

EDIT*** Do you wear it when you sleep?
You have to have a subscription to the website to log any data from the sensewear. Worst-case, you could just rely on your digital display and keep track of the end of day totals on there, but the digital display isn't 100% real-time data (although the "yesterday" totals should be right.)

Doctors/gyms can buy the software program but it is VERY expensive.

You can wear it when you sleep- I recommend doing that to get a true readout of your calories burned. I know that I burn more calories in my sleep than the device would log for me if I wasn't wearing it (about 100 more), so I wear it all day.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #253  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

I see, thank you! I am going to go with the sensewear and then just keep up the subscription. What is the whole sleep patterns thing with the sensewear? Does it tell you what your patterns are?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #254  

Default Password Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSLogue View Post

I am so sorry you don't have your password. My email came from CustomerSupport at Sensewear.com and it was the 2nd email I rec'd from them---the first was a copy of the sales invoice. I rec'd these emails a couple of days before I rec'd my order.

Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder? A lot of times I have emails from new senders end up in there!!

Today makes a total of 5 days wearing it and I hope I continue on the same path for the upcoming months---it is definately helping----it simply takes all the emotional judgemental crap out of the picture.

I have really noticed a issue with my sleep ---over the weekend it logged that I was "laying down" approx 7.5 hours each night (Fri and Sat) and it showed actual sleep time between 5.5 and 6.5 hours both nights----now for the past two nights (Sun and Mon) it still shows "laying down" at around 7.5 hours, but only 2 to 3 hours of actual sleep! I know I have been more stressed, tossed and turned, etc but 2 to 3 hours seems awfully low!!
What numbers are you guys seeing for sleep

I had a doctor's appt today and my blood pressue was in the reasonable range 156/84 --- I have to have blood work done and go back in two weeks to review the results. He is a cardiologist and was very interested in the Sensewear and is anxious to see if I have good results. I have had him as a doctor for a long time and he is very familiar with my long term weight problem!

I hope everyone has a great week!
Karen
Old 10-08-2008, 02:26 AM   #255  

Hi all,

I have a Bodybugg and have had it for some time now (about 6 months). I wear it off and on, usually determined by how motivated I am feeling. I have a wedding coming up in about a year, and I am working on losing about 60 lbs. I have a question about driving. My Bodybugg seems to pick up a lot of movement when I am in the car. I drive a stick shift, and my commute is an hour each way in heavy traffic, but it seems odd to be burning ~5 calories a minute while sitting in the car. While briskly walking, I only burn between 6 - 7 per minute. Has anyone else experienced this? I think it is throwing my daily total way off...

Thanks,
Dana
Closed Thread