Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #61  
Justin

S/C/G: 166/140/132

Height: 5' 7"

if you guys want screen shots of the bodybugg online program..let me know.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #62  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

i'd be interested just to see how it differs from sensewear...
Old 08-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #63  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Please ndnguy85 that would be helpful

I'm 75% leaning towards getting one. You guys have put some good info on this thread...thank you all

I do have a Polar F6 HRM which I recently bought few months ago, I guess it's a waste if I buy sensewear. Do you guys think the sensewear/bodybugg does more than any HRM? (With or without the online subscription)

Last edited by pintobean; 08-01-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #64  
Back on the wagon

well, without the online subscription, it doesn't do anything (as far as i know.) and if you use HR as part of your training (establishing HIIT targets or something like that) then you might still want to use it when you do cardio. other than that, though, yeah, mine has been sitting in a drawer since i got my sensewear (along with the pedometer. they keep each other company. )
Old 08-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #65  
Justin

i have suffered a little set back. I been dealing with a herniated disc (L5-S1) since last year..but the other day I started experiencing some tingling/numbness in my left leg. so i had to stop lifting weights since monday. doctor said i am ok as long as it doesnt get worse. so my calories burned have been much lower this week since the only thing i did was walk everyday in the morning.

but thanks to the bodybugg i was able to see how much i was burning without my workout and lower my intake a little bit according to that.

Last edited by ndnguy85; 08-02-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #66  
Justin

ok here's the imageshack links..these are better quality.

Last edited by ndnguy85; 08-01-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #67  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Thank you ndnguy85 for posting the reports. And I'm sorry to hear about the herniated disc. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #68  
NROL4W-Stage 5

I have another Question, have any of you worn sensewear/bodybugg and walked thru a metal detector? Where I work I have to walk thru one everyday cuz thats how our security is set up. But will it set it off? Now work ok I can manage....what about airports? Where not many people know of the device and it might set the detetor off and wondering if it might cause problems with TSA etc? Just wondering
Old 08-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #69  
Back on the wagon

i took mine off when i travelled by air - dh (electrical engineer) said that the transmissions from the armband to the monitor could potentially interfere like a cell phone or all those other devices you're not allowed to use, so i just checked it. never found out for sure, though. it might be on the tsa website but i doubt it. if anyone knows, shout out!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #70  
Justin

this thread on MyApex should give you guys some info.

most were ok..one said it set off the alarm.

http://my.apexfitness.com/message_bo...b=1&topic=1701
Old 08-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #71  

Default BodyBugg/Sensewear

I am totally intrigued by this!

Our local news recently did a feature on the Body Bugg and I started to look into it...then I discovered this thread and the newer, smaller Sensewear model and now I'm not sure which one I'm going to get...but I want one!!

I work in an office environment and live in FL where I mostly wear short sleeves, so I could definitely appreciate a 'less obvious' model. If it works as it is supposed to, I could see where this would be so helpful in getting the specific feedback I need to keep me on track. I'm almost thinking it would be worth spending more on the Sensewear model to get the smaller footprint, especially since it has to be worn all the time. What does everyone else think?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #72  
Back on the wagon

i spent the extra to get the smaller version, and i'm very happy with it. the fact that it was less noticeable was important to me when i first got it, but i may have mentioned that as time goes on and i rely on it more and more, i don't really care who notices it or what they think. i've developed a really nice armband tan line! i've also found that it doesn't annoy me when i'm flipping around trying to get to sleep.

cheers!
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #73  
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
I am totally intrigued by this!

Our local news recently did a feature on the Body Bugg and I started to look into it...then I discovered this thread and the newer, smaller Sensewear model and now I'm not sure which one I'm going to get...but I want one!!

I work in an office environment and live in FL where I mostly wear short sleeves, so I could definitely appreciate a 'less obvious' model. If it works as it is supposed to, I could see where this would be so helpful in getting the specific feedback I need to keep me on track. I'm almost thinking it would be worth spending more on the Sensewear model to get the smaller footprint, especially since it has to be worn all the time. What does everyone else think?
i would definitely get the smaller sensewear.

i didn't because i dont have $400, and i didn't want to wait till the new bodybugg came out which is probably going to be close to $350 anyway.

i would wait till september/october and see if the bugg is out and compare the sensewear and the new bugg.

i am getting this impression that bodybugg is the watered down version of sensewear.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 202/193/138

Height: 5'7"

I am new to the thread. I just wanted to report that the body bugg is amazing. I have tried everything to lose weight, my husband is even personal trainer. But nothing seemed to work because I have a motivation problem. Meaning I'm not motivated. Even when I would have spurts of motivation I wouldn't lose anything or just a pound. It was so frustrating. So I decided to try the Body Bugg. It's constant motivation. I can look at my wrist to see if I need to move more. It's great. 2 1/2 weeks in and I have lost 9 pounds!!!! I anticipate that by tomorrow it will be 10 pounds. I completely recommend this to anyone who needs motivation. It's working for me.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #75  
NROL4W-Stage 5

I wanted to share the news...I took the plunge and just sent the order form for my sensewear I was told I should get it in couple weeks time unless it takes longer cuz of unforseen reasons. Now I just have to wait She said normally they tell people 30 days but it doesn't take that long.

I went with the sensewear mainly cuz of the smaller model and looking at the charts/reports for both as well. Thank you everyone for all the help and information provided.

Oh I also asked the lady if it would interfere with security metal detectors and she informed me that it doesn't interfere with the product itself. In the sense the data will not be affected if you walk thru them. She also said so far even at airports (as she travels a lot) it hasn't bothered her. Maybe once it did go off and she explained what it was and it was not a big deal.

So I feel better that way cuz I have to walk thru the metal detector every day for work and my major concern was if it would interfere with the data etc.

FYI:
BTW BodyMedia/Sensewear has a 14 day full refund policy if it has not been opened/used. But if Sensewear package has been opened then they charge 15% restocking fee. Also they have a 1 yr warranty for the product.

This is what I paid:
$ 459.00 (SenseWear WMS armband (mini) w/ display, 6 month subscription)
$ 12.95 (Shipping and handling)
$ 0.00 (tax)

Total - $ 471.95

Last edited by pintobean; 08-07-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Closed Thread