Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #286  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Janell: You'll figure something out. Top of fridge, in the oven, etc!!

jyoyo: Trust me, I didn't want to go to this place, but I was over-ruled!

Water: I'll be expecting that heater any day now, about the time the heat gets turned on here and it's 75 degrees outside!

For some reason, I have suddenly decided that I don't have to follow the rules! That I can eat junk. What's with that?

I have grown tired of the same ol', same ol' so today I'm having a meal replacement bar instead of an entree. We'll see how that goes.

But today, for the first time, I have noticed that my pants are actually loose on me!! So I am very excited about that!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #287  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hi yall!! Finally all my buddies have returned!! And I'm back too!! I've been struggling with staying OP too yall...have NO idea why either...it works, it's easy and it's all good...so why in the snot do I want to eat crap???? I've been fluctuating with 3 pounds since my eat-a-rama began...luckily it's not mroe than that but jeesh...I'm suppose to be sticking to plan and still loosing....it's gonna be hard to justify another starter kit if I'm not sticking to it...and then I'll for sure gain it all back at the rate I'm going...I did write down all my food yesterday..well until dinnertime and I had a crafting gathering and the lady who cooked for us is an exceptional cook - so we had BBQ sandwiches, apple/walnut salad, apple bundles, and PB oatmeal cookies - YUM!!! I did drink water though...does that count?? NO - because today I've been in my candy dish that's out in the foyer at my office...never should have stocked that thing...UGH...and so today I've not journaled a single thing I've eaten....I've got to kick this into high gear - been loving the compliments I'm getting from hubs - gotta keep that up!!

Other than eating what the heck ever I feel like eating - my life is pretty much the same as always...busy busy busy!!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh yeah...I need to have some queenly thing about my avatar or signature, don't I? bleh....that's okay. I don't feel like I deserve it anyway since I didn't really do all that well...lol

Sounds like everyone is having a case of junkfooditis lately! Ugh! I've been good at staying OP. I did go out to eat for lunch yesterday, to a Pho restaurant...and my meal had rice noodles...which are def not on my plan. But, I got right back to plan the rest of the day and have been doing swimmingly today. I'm wearing a size 14 pair of slacks that only two weeks ago would not even button. Go me!! he he

Water - I try to prepare easy meals...lol. As far as chopping and such, I do a lot of it all at once. Or I prepare meals in huge batches so that I have lots of leftovers for freezing and such. So far so good. Plus...I love eggs. I know some people get really sick of them...but I never have, maybe that's why I do well with SB...lol. Ummm....for a while anyway....it's definitely not the eggs or the slicing and dicing that gets to me. It's the nasty fried foods calling my name that do me in!! )
Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

[email protected]'s about time you show your face around here again...ugh!! Now quit staying away so long!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #290  
Goddess of All

New Moon = Junkfooditis

That's my story and I'm stiking to it!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #291  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Colder weather = junkfooditis. I think that's what's been doing me in lately. I always feel sleepier when it's colder and I think that's what makes me more vulnerable to giving into my deeper desires (which are to stay fat, apparently!).

Given, I get mad at myself for eating a handful of Craisins or raisins, even though it's only a couple hundred calories, but still! Haha.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #292  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello Friends!!

I am so glad to be back, even though I am not eating right yet, it is good to be back and working my way back into the grove. Sounds like a lot of us are struggling - what to do???????

I need accountability and a swift kick in the fanny - anyone else? Starting Monday, I am going to post each day how I did with exercise and eating. I HAVE to get serious and would love your help. Anyone else want to commit to being 100% on plan? No more messing around - no more caving when the hungries hit - JUST DO IT!!! I commit to post here when I want to cave and I will be here to support all of you as well. I know that we all want this so bad and there is no reason at all that we can't do this! I know the weight will come off quickly once I get going, it is just sticking to it the first few days. WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:03 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

Janell..I am committed..so far so good on Day 4 and I have been following it to a T.....

still think its way to much food...finding it hard to eat it all but I am doing it. I hope I am doing it right. Drinking all the water and more. Did any of you suffer from headaches? I get one around 3 pm...going to the dr tomorrow to have blood work done and will tell her what I am doing. What vitamins or minerals are you all on? Do any of you take potassium pills? Monday will be my weigh in so I hope its working. Definitely not hungry...
Been walking the last 2 days in the evening..finally cool enough ..plus tonight have belly dance class so looking forward to my Thursday night. Was at the gym twice this week..so I am committed ...I want it all gone so the next time I see my kids they will have a new looking mom!!!!!!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #294  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Yes, I usually get a headhache around the same time when I first start a program. For me, it is getting off caffeine and sugar. I try to be pro-active and take an Advil early afternoon to ward off the headache - it usually does the trick.

Congrats on 4 days!!! That is awesome. I can't wait for your weigh in. It is great that you are not hungry! Were you hungry the first couple of days? I take a liquid multi-gel made by NOW, I really like it because it contains everything in one pill and I hate swallowing pills! It is a bit large, but since it is a liquid multi-gel, it isn't chalky and goes down very smoothly.

Well, i'm off to work - have a great day everyone!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

Janell....I never drank coffee and I am not a sugar eater..maybe its me getting used to all of this...have been taking advil everyday and it helps. Not hungry yet..mind you I am eating more then I was so maybe this is why. I used to work shift work when I was working so I can go for hours without eating..bad thing I know ..it is why I gained my weight...so now eating every 2-3 hours I find so far that I am really full..I am sure this will stop soon a my body gets used to this.
I am excited to see too what my weight is on Monday..your Sunday...I know if I lost it will only encourage me to keep on. I need motivation now....have a great day..my day is now over and its time for bed?

Keep smiling everyone!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #296  
Method to the Madness

Onmywaytome, I never got the headaches, but then again, I do usually make my morning shake (which is either chocolate or mocha) with some instant coffee to make a frappe, so maybe that warded them off! Not saying you should get into a regular habit of drinking caffeinated beverages, but if you are having problems even after taking the Advil, it has been shown to help relieve migraines and is even a component of medications like Excedrin. I'm sure they'll go away after a few days though, and if they don't, definitely bring it up with your doctor!

Ahhhh, it's a Thursday, which is my favorite day of the week, since I have the opportunity to sleep in a bit and I only have one lab class. It's also weigh-in day, and I'm down 2.6 lbs since last week! I have been cheating and eating some extra dried fruit each day, but apparently it's not holding me back that much. I put it away in an inconvenient place in the spare bedroom though, so hopefully I won't be going for that stuff anymore.

How are you all enjoying the autumn weather? We're supposed to have another warm-up after having several days in the low 60s... they're thinking it might even get up near 80! Makes getting dressed in the morning an unpredictable event.. Haha.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #297  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Good morning girls! I had quite a fiasco this morning...I tried on a pair of jeans and a pair of khaki's before I finally settled on the same ole black pants I wear all the time...the jeans and khaki's were SO big..it was pretty exciting - as those 2 pairs of pants were really tight last spring...but since I don't own a belt and the safety pin made them pucker really bad I couldn't wear them today...I'll have to invest in a belt I guess cause I ain't buying new pants...not yet...
I'm with you Janell...I have GOT to get serious about this again..I think by not having a boss (in the office all alone still) it really makes it TOO EASY to have junk..."oh it's lunch...think I'll run out and get fast food"..."oh, I'm hungry and the donut shop is open..."....stuff like that...so I will commit to begin Monday like you...reporting here what I've done, wether good or bad (and hopefully since we're spilling it - it'll all be good!)

Onmyway - I have a daily multi that I take (when I remember to do so) and I take fish oil supplement (to hopefully help with these dry eyes of mine!)...and I also have metamucil everyday! Sure there's no vitamin-y advantage to that, but the fiber is a must for me!!

Couponers...just went to Rite Aid and got 2 jugs of Downy fab. softner and 8 candy bars (yeah I know)...for $5.62!! I had a plan really figured out good - but they were out of the toothpaste, so I had to skip over that plan and devise another one...not too bad I think...now I've just got to get those candy bars home and into hubs and sons lunch bags instead of in my belly!!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #298  
Calorie Cutting Queen

ok Lindsey - you have officially made me feel like a dork ...you've been cheating on "dried fruit" and I've been eating Reeses cups, cereal, donuts and whatever else I can get my hands on...no wonder you're down 2.6!!! CONGRATS GIRL!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #299  
Method to the Madness

Hey now, dried fruit has just as many calories as fruity gummy candies! So just pretend that I'm eating things like Sour Patch Kids because aside from some vitamins, the sugar and calorie content is the same! Haha. I actually stalled my weight loss last school year because of it... a bag of raisins? Gone in like 3 days. Haha.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #300  
Goddess of All

Wow! We're a chatty group this AM!

I am totally onboard with the 100% commitment! And I'm starting today!!! There is strength in numbers!!!!!!

Kristi: Here's my coupon success: I went to CVS on Monday and got a coupon for $5 off Halloween decor. There's no decor in the store, so I got a package of kettle corn packs for Halloween. Free. Then yesterday, the coupon machine was giving out the same $5 free coupon. I got 2 bags of candy 2/$5. FREE. And then I got $1 ECB for using my green tag! Yep, I got free candy and made a "buck." But let's not talk about my grocery store run. Out of things and cost me more than what I usually spend, all because I was trying to hit $25 so I could get 5 coupons doubled. Never again.
Closed Thread