Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #346  

Search Google for the phrase "Low Glycemic Breakfast May Increase Benefits Of Working Out" and you'll find a good article about the benefits of Low Glycemic meals before exercise. I didn't understand most of it, but it made me feel good
Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #347  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

FYI for folks looking to save a little cash...

I have been buying my nutrifood via Costco...259.99 for 35 days, which is the cheapest plan I can find. The drawback has always been that I was stuck with the "favorites" package; I didn't mind it enough to spend more, but it still would have been nice to pick and choose.

Anyway, when I went on line to order my most recent shipment, I was offered the option to choose my 35 days' worth of food! I had to sign up for auto shipment, but I can cancel whenever and the costco price (and free shipping) seem to be locked in.

SO, I am able to customize, get free shipping, and pay only 7.43 a day!

I have no idea how/why I was offered this option. It just popped up on my screen when I went online to redeem the card.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #348  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

OH...that is pretty cool dini22. I saw the packs at Costco and I thought you'd actually get your items from the warehouse right away (and no chance to customize).
Now you get to try the better sfuff hehe.

Hope everyone is doing well, I've been a bit stressed these past few days and I discovered a very clear link between that and my eating. So I know i have to work on it .

Talk to you all soon!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Wedged potatoes with sliced beef steak! Yum! Great over brocolli. I had that for lunch today and am having my lunch for supper.

Nice to have the cheating weekend past me. I'm going to try hard to be on plan this coming weekend. I can't work this hard at the gym and not see results, well scale wise, for too much longer. Anyways, I know it takes two or three weeks of exercising steady for me to see good results. So I'll be patient.

I've been not so bad with stress eating. I think I just have a tough time when I'm home for long periods like the weekend or when I'm bored. There's always something to work on right Newshinyme. Sigh, hehe.

Well, have a great day all!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #350  
Learning to fly again

I tired the wedged potatoes thingy on my first order and I didn't like them. I actually don't like most of the beef entrees..go figure.
Newgie, you are right on the working out part, it might take a little time, but you will see results. Are you taking your measurements? That will be a great way to show you how well you are doing.
Stress levels are down now and my eating is back to normal. I haven't stepped on the scale all week and I am hoping to see a good number on the weekend for the official weigh-in. I just realized I have not really lost anything in a month (been bouncing up and down between 175-177), but it's all my fault. If anything, I guess I will have to tell myself that I am wasting $300+ every month if I don't actually follow the plan

hcl77: is this the article you were talking about? http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-lgb041409.php

I knew there was something to my insistence on having breakfast before working out hehe. And the part where they discuss that if you have a lower GI meal increases your sensation of fullness after lunch? Awesome! You can have a healthy meal and not feel deprived
Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #351  

Yep, Newshinyme, that's the one I'm glad you translated it for me, because phrases like "improved satiety" were making my head spin

I think it makes a lot of sense. I've noticed since I started Nutrisystem that I do have energy (I don't crash in the office at lunch as much as I used to ), and that I feel "full" after eating surprisingly little.

I like the fact that they did the test on "ordinary people" and not athletes and simulated realistic conditions. I will definitely be more active after breakfast moving forward!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #352  

Ding!!! I lost 2lbs this week, which means finally hitting the 20 lbs mark! Yay!

Newshinyme, I was bouncing around at the same weight for a month because of cheating. The best thing has been my personal trainer twice a week and my dedication to the gym to go the other 3 days a week. This will handle the little cheats. The bigger cheats I will be handling myself! I haven't measured myself but I definitely feel smaller. One reason is that this diet has fixed(so far) a five year stomach bloating issue. I would bloat up six or more inches to an eight month pregnant look. Once a year it seemed it would be gone for a month. It was hard to figure out. I had a big blow up lately after eating the veggie fajita in a yellow pepper so I'm thinking peppers bug me since I've had the fajita before. Actually, the need to figure out my problem probably was what got me started on NS.

I have a challenge upcoming. My autoship is delayed till May 16 and I only have 14 dinners, 5 lunches and 4 desserts,lots of breakfasts. I use my own pancake mix at times plus make an egg mcmuffin from egg beaters, fat free kraft slices and healthy english muffins. Which explains why I have many breakfasts. I always do good at lunch and dessert but cheat on the occasional supper.

Now I"ll have homework to do, to figure out some lunch and dessert replacements. I think desserts might be the hardest. I'll take the stats for lunch and dessert and browse the grocery store and maybe walmart or something. This is a good thing though because I'll need to do this eventually.

20 lbs feels great, but the 160s seems to be my maintaining weight over the last 20 yrs of yo yoing. It's only when I've jumped into the 170s that I start doing something about it. 180.5 the last time. When I see the 150s, that will make me smile! I"m thinking I can do that by next friday for sure! I want to say to myself that I'll never see the 160s again. I will learn to eat in a way where I"ll only see a 5lb fluctuation.

hcl777- NS is great for making you feel full or satisfied! Some days you do feel hungry but it isn't often. It's great!

Hope everyone does well over the weekend!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #353  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi All! My DH is on NS and has lost 41 pounds since January 13, 2009. He exercises every day. I read this forum for him to see if there are any ideas he can use. I do Jenny Craig.

Newgie, I have a sugestion for you for dessert. I cannot eat the JC breakfasts and desserts because they have too much white sugar for me to burn. So I had to look for alternatives that were close. I found two bars that are quite tasty that I eat in the evening with a glass of skim milk. Both have high protein but don't have that grainy texture of a protein bar. One is SBD high protein cereal bar. Be careful because they have several bars. My favorites are cinnamon raisin and cranberry almond. They also have peanut butter which I like ok and chocolate which I don't like at all. The other bar is fairly new. It's Kashi Go Lean Crunchy. It isn't really crunchy but it's not quite chewy either. It's right in between. It's BIG and VERY satisfying and sweet. I like that it has a swab of chocolate on it. So far, I've tried the chocolate peanut and it's yummy. Sam's carries a 24 pack of 3 of the flavors for $19.77. It's the one above plus chocolate almond and another that I can't remember. I found a four pack for $4.00 at Walmart of just the chocolate peanut.

Continued good luck to you.

Oh yeah...I also found some organic frozen mexican meals at Jewel that were quite yummy and met the JC lunch nutritionals almost perfectly. These were not in the regular frozen section of the store. They were in a separate organic frozen section. They had lots of nice looking stuff that I think I'll try. The sodium is a little high but I'll just be careful the rest of the day. I'd think they'd be close to NS too. One was Cedarlane three layer enchildada pie. It was great. The other I bought was Glutino chicken ranchero with brown rice which I haven't tried yet.

Hope this helps and you all don't mind me popping in here!

Last edited by Vickie; 05-01-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #354  
Learning to fly again

Newgie: Congratulations!! It seems like the Scale Gods are going to smile down at us again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newgie View Post
I have a challenge upcoming. My autoship is delayed till May 16 and I only have 14 dinners, 5 lunches and 4 desserts,lots of breakfasts.
It's so funny, I have excess everything but breakfast which is the thing I always eat religiously. Too bad we can't combine our stashes haha.

Quote:
Now I"ll have homework to do, to figure out some lunch and dessert replacements.
My hubby called NS to talk to them about maintenance and they sent him this e-mail which basically outlined how to make your own meals based on the number of servings for each category. I can't find it or I would post it here for you, but maybe you can call and get them to send it to you?

Vickie: Of course you are always welcome here!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #355  

Thanks for the ideas Vickie! I live in Canada but we have Kashi products, so I'm sure I'll find the bars! Sounds like they would do for lunches and for desserts.

And for sure we don't mind you popping in here at all! We could use more people posting.

I just came back from the gym. I worked up quite a sweat today! Ricotta cheese mixed with some sugar free jello pudding powder(thinned a bit with skim milk) ontop of fruit is delicious! Working out makes me hungry!

Enjoy the day!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #356  
Southside White Sox Fan

The Chicken Ranchero with brown rice was good too!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #357  
ggg

Default Hi again

Well, I haven't been around as much as I was hoping, I am getting ready for a big launch on internet marketing (how can you go wrong with making money in your sleep ) ?) and have not had much time. I have, however, lost another 2.8 lbs this week, so that is 11.2 since I started, 5 weeks ago. So, I am doing the (tired) happy happy joy joy dance I have a terrible confession to make, the only think I can not stand is the oatmeal, as I think it has carrageenan in it, which is beyond my meager talents to prepare without it turning into a bowl of slime. (Not snot, as my son said, SLIME. Sounds better, no?)

This post a while back is invaluble if you are looking at stats and trying to find something at the supermarket that equals NS

Quote:
Hey Ggg, this site might be what you are looking for.
http://plussizenow.com/ns/compare_breakfast.html

Also some on your own recipes. Scroll down on this website! http://amysmithr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-own-food.html

And how about another recipe site...including how to spice up NS food.
http://z8.invisionfree.com/For_the_l...ood/index.php?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #358  

Thanks Ggg! Congrats on your loss!

I ended up getting some Atkin bars to try. Meal replacement type for lunch and their Endulge series for a snack. Yum!

As of today, I started a challenge for myself. To be 100% NS Monday thru Friday and have my little cheats (FF SF jello pudding with PB2 and cool whip and maybe an extra protein and fruit on the weekends. I'm also challenging myself to measure everything! I found out I have a half cup of milk in my mug of tea. 2 teas a day. Sooo, its not a half protein I've been thinking it is but a full one! Also, I've been having more milk in my cereal than I've thought also.

I plan on continuing my 5 workouts a week plus a long bike ride on the weekend. (Oh my poor seat, lol). I had a 2 hour trail bike ride on Sunday. Ouchies.

I want to see what kind of weight loss I can have being more true to the program. 20 lbs is not bad in five months of cheatyland. But I want to improve on that!

I'm on Monday weigh ins for this challenge.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #359  
Learning to fly again

Newgie: That is great energy and commitment from you. WTG! I would bet you'll see great results from sticking to the plan even more closely.
And I hear you on the measuring stuff, I know over time, my portions (proteins and carbs)keep getting bigger and bigger if I don't measure.
Interestingly enough though, my fruit/veggie servings get smaller LOL.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:34 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 216/152/145

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and after much research, I've decided to do NS! Hope you have room for one more in your group! I want to lose about 50 lbs.

I'm not much of a cook, so I really like the ease and simplicity of the diet. It's all planned out and regimented which suits me well.

I've really fallen off the diet wagon in the last year...and I need to get control of it now. I've just placed my order, and can't wait to get started!! I'm getting a jump start by cutting down to around 1300 calories a day until the NS food comes. I hope my results are as great as all of yours!!
Closed Thread