Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #271  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Happy Canuck, glad to see you here

Just like Newlywed said, you add fruits, veggies and proteins to the plan.

Here's a list of recommended things and serving sizes:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...4&postcount=32

I think the 2 servings of vegetables at lunch are for everyone and not only those on the flex plan. You also have to add an extra snack of a fruit and a protein/dairy in the afternoon.

When you get your delivery you will actually receive a food diary that tells you what to add everyday and lets you keep track of what you've eaten, so it will be really easy for you to follow.

I am in Vancouver and deliveries typically take 7 days to arrive, so I guess depending where you are, you can estimate how long it will take.

Newlywed: Only 2 lbs?? That is awesome girl! I think it's natural for the weight loss to slow down from being super fast at the beginning to a more sutainable pace of 1 - 2 lbs a week.

I never thought I would say this, but I miss exercising! I can't do any heavy activity yet because of the surgery and I actually wish I could work out...it's so weird hehe.

Where did everyone go? It's been so quiet here lately, hope everyone is doing OK.

Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #272  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 302.2/302.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Maybe QVC has old books or something, cause I got my first order through QVC and it only had us eat one veggie at lunch, but for our 2nd order we got the flex plan through nutrisystem and that is when it told us to have the extra veggie, so I don't know.

I was just disappointed cause last week I lost 5, so I was hoping to lose 5 again, oh well.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #273  

Newshinyme - thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Looking forward to getting started.

Newlywed - great job on that 2 pound weight loss, and the 5 pounds the week before. Wonderful.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #274  
Learning to fly again

It seems to me like the changed the plans for 2009 at least when it comes to the veggie servings.
Mine used to be 1 for lunch, 2 for dinner, but my order last month had a new booklet too, and they have added the 2nd veggie for lunch. I know they did that for the men's plan as well (my DH is doing this too).
I think it makes for a far more interesting salad when you can add tomatoes and carrots and other things to it, so I was really glad to see the extra veggie in there

Having some friends over for lunch today. I am hoping to keep my portions in check, I have already determined that I am staying away from the wine and I must remember to load up on the salad to be less tempted by the rest of the food we're having.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #275  
ggg

Default First day

Hi there. Today is my first day starting. I must say, I was really glad that I had come to this forum first, so I knew what to order. The only bad thing was, I ordered 13 Carmel corns, got 13 pretzels. Actually, I did not get a lot of things I ordered, but I will try them all, including the pretzels. I haven't tried them, but didn't someone say they were akin to the bottom of a bird cage ? I also saw that someone mentioned making a fruit crumble out of the oatmeal, and that there was a Nutrisystem forum with more ideas? I have a long way to go, so do not want to get tired of the food for a while. Thanks for listening, and I will be around A LOT
Old 03-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #276  
Learning to fly again

Hi ggg Welcome!
My only complaint with NS is the substitution policy, they seem to do that quite often. This month I got a lot of substitutions too and for things that I don't like very much
IMO the pretzels are not too bad, definitely not bird cage bad LOL.
I've been on NS since September, and I still haven't gotten around to trying any of the "recipes". I keep things interesting by eating different combinations of fruits/vegs/protein every day. If you want some of the recipes, they are on the official Nutrisystem website (you'll need to join there and create a profile to access).
Good luck with your journey and keep posting
Old 03-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #277  
ggg

Default Pretzel Mania

I did try the pretzels last night...yikes! 12 to go? I am very doubtful of that, but I am sooooo happy I did my research here first, everything else I had yesterday was great! The granola, the potatoes, the 3 cheese pasta... I am quite fine with it all
Like anything else, a little research can help a great deal!!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Welcome ggg! About the pretzels, I heard people use that fake butter spray on them and then sprinkle some seasonings on them.
If still you aren't impressed, call them and I"m sure they will exchange them with something else.

This past thursday me and hubby went on a trip up to where we grew up. Lots of family there. No NS eating for me. I will start on NS tomorrow. No weigh in this week and I hope Monday won't be so bad.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #279  
Learning to fly again

Hey Newgie! Hope you had fun on your trip. You still have a few days to get back on track before Monday

ggg: Just what newgie said. First time I tried the pretzels I didn't like them, but they have grown on me.

Trying to string as many POP days in a row as I can, yesterday was my first one, I will be coming in everyday to report (The previous month was very inconsistent, and I need to get fully on track once again)
Old 03-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #280  

Hi everyone! My name's Michelle and I'm new to this board. I'm thinking very seriously about joining nutrisystem because I think I would do best with a structured meal plan, but I'm a little worried about the cost. My mom said she'd pay half of it if I stuck with it so that's an incentive but it's still pretty pricey for me. I guess I'll try it for a month and see how I like it. Seems like everyone here likes it quite a bit!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #281  

I was thinking of trying this too, but I'm more worried about the food not agreeing with me. I'm sensitive to foods high in sodium or fat, sometimes frozen meals will upset my stomach. I've heard that these meals don't need refrigeration so I'm worried that that = A LOT of preservatives. Any input on this would be great.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #282  
ggg

I am eating the cranberry thingy for breakfast, and it is excellent toasted! I have been really pleased so far except with the pretzels. Oh, and the oatmeal. Who knew I could ruin oatmeal? The granola is excellent! Had rotitini last night, I was impressed. It was a lot like chef boyardee, which is not such a bad thing! I would advise anyone to try this diet, but research research research!! Take others advice on what to try and what did not work for them. As for joining the Nutrisystem forum, it seems they don't let in people from outsid the US. Maybe I will have to use a proxy to join. Anybody else from Canada have this problem? Also, I love the little markers at the bottom that count the weight coming off. How do I do that? Thanks guys, really appreciate this forum!!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #283  
Learning to fly again

Day 2 POP down for me! I now have the 30 lb mark on my sight AND very soon I will have the 160's within reach. I am in shock!

Michelle: The thing I really like about NS is the structure. Like I've said many times before, I was not able to make the best food choices on my own before, and I am still learning.

Belinda: You can check the Nutrisystem website for complete information on the items here. From my understanding they have very good return policies if you don't want the food. Another thing you could try is get a few items from Ebay to try, just be careful since some items DO have expiration dates.

ggg: I'm in Canada too and I had some trouble signing up, the site would not accept my password once I created my profile. I think at the end I tried signing in while leaving the pwd area blank and that worked. Somebody else said that she had to wait a day before trying again and then she had no troubles.
ETA: The option to add a ticker at the bottom will become available to you once you have been a member here for 20 days and posted 20 times. Then and option will appear on your CP to add a signature.

Last edited by Newshinyme; 03-25-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Add more info
Old 03-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #284  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

Hello folks! ggg, I had an oatmeal issue as well....my particular problem is that I didn't notice that the package said to cook it on MEDIUM and I exploded it all over the microwave. Molten hot oatmeal magma everywhere...
Old 03-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #285  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

Smile

And Newshinyme, thanks for the ticker tip! I've been wondering that myself...just thought it took some big time computer skills!
Closed Thread