Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 03:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Post So Far.. So Good

I guess I've done all right with my weight loss. 30 pounds so far. That doesn't seem like much, but when you think about carrying 30 extra pounds of anything around it sounds like a lot.
I'm not successful, yet. You guys are so great and have helped me a lot on these forums.

I still have about 50 pounds that I need to lose to be at my "healthy weight". In my eyes, I'm still a porkchop and the scales and tape measure are showing I haven't lost a pound in 2 months. It's taken me since April to get this far.. I feel like giving up sometimes. It's so hard to lose weight!!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for the support you've given me the past few months. We're all in this thing together.. and you guys show me rhat there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:45 PM   #2  

Girl, you're doing great!! Our start weights are very similar, so I can relate. I've only lost 17lbs so far and I can tell a huge difference in my body. I can imagine how great 30 lbs would be! Keep up the great work, I know, it IS a SLOW process. But one that is well worth doing.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:23 AM   #3  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement!! I'm just an I.M. away if you need any. Have a great day!!
Old 10-01-2002, 09:11 PM   #4  

Dear H.H.,
"Only" 30 pounds??!! Not a success yet?? No way. You are awesome, friend, and should be SO proud of your achievement. You have lost way more than your ten percent, at a very good rate too, and your body is now adjusting, repairing, building muscle, and getting itself ready for the next part of the journey. Plateaus are just part of the process, and definitely NOT a reason to feel like giving up! Take it from me ... the plateau queen ... you just gotta hang in there, and things will start happening in their own good time.

I started at 256 (I'm 5'6") and size 24. Reached goal, at size 10, over a year ago. It took me slightly over 2 years to lose the 101 pounds, but I'm convinced that going slowly helped me adjust (physically and mentally) and gave me the time to really change my lifestyle. I know I can maintain, for the rest of my life, and that's the key.

Relax and enjoy the journey. Take the last 50 pounds in stages, a little at a time. Believe in yourself; you can do this, and you will be SO glad you kept going!

Am sending good vibes your way .... <<<hugs>>>

Jan
Old 10-01-2002, 11:38 PM   #5  

You're awesome! And you're right!!!! Two months is such a long time to go without losing an ounce! I still workout and eat pretty good. Hopefully, by next March I will have lost a lot more. Thanks you for the motivation!! It's guys like you that show me it CAN be done!!
Old 10-06-2002, 07:22 PM   #6  

Woo Hoo!! Congrats on losing 30 lbs.!! That's awesome Girl!! Keep up the great job!! Happy dancing for ya!
Old 10-14-2002, 04:15 AM   #7  

hello happyhousewife.

how you doing? as you already know from your other forum, i also got stuck at the same weight for two months, so i know haow disheartening it can be! i di at one time start to give up, but the good thing is, i never put on a pound!! i think it was because the 30lbs i lost before that was done slowly, so the weight stayed off easier. i found the strength to do it again though and have started losing weight again. to cut a long story short, im glad i found the strength again cos i know that if id carried on 'giving up' my weight would have started to go up and up until i was back in the same old frumpy tents trhat i used to wear and the same old mood swings cos the weight depressed me! so, hhw keep yourself strong, and like me im sure the weight will start to fall off. like you said, you still excersise and eat healthily so there is no reason why it shouldnt.

i know it goes through your head to just go and pig out, cos aye, what the hec, im not losing newy!! but please, whatever you do, dont give into temptation cos your almost half way through your battle, imagine having to start it all over again!! youve come so far and 30lbs is not to be sniffed at. its a great loss and theres many people that would love to be where you are. keep on going, there will be change soon, i can almost guarantee it.

i know what your going through, i was there not so long back. keep your chin up and we are all here for you and each other. take care

emma
Old 10-14-2002, 02:29 PM   #8  

Welshbird, You are amazing!! Thank you for the positivity. It's so hard for me to get motivated, but those words worked wonders for my self esteem just now!!!

You keep it up too. You guys keep me "wanting" to care!!
Old 10-15-2002, 03:39 AM   #9  

hi hhw.

im glad i could be of some help cos thats what we are all here for isnt it. it is all mostly about self esteem and will power of course, keep them up and keep on goin. this website is excellent to get a bit of that. every single person in here is so encouraging. like i said, keep strong. i shall speak to you soon.

emma
Old 12-06-2002, 03:10 AM   #10  

Welshbird, I've been looking for our thread, but can't find it. I've gained two more pounds. I just can't get "back on the weight loss wagon" when I fall off. I don't know why.. lack of control, I guess! How are you doing lately???

Talk to you soon!
Old 12-11-2002, 10:32 AM   #11  

Hi Happy!

I hope things are going well for you today. We have the same wt goal, and loss, although I started much higher. I'm feeling so much better at 30 lbs down, and I'm sure you are too. When I start to feel like I still have So Much More To Go, I try to remember that I've been able to give away all my sizes over 20, and that in a few more pounds, I'll be giving away all the 20s and 1xs!

Just keep journaling and respecting how different you are from anyone else. In my case, I have to limit some things that others can eat freely. It is just how my body processes food. My big 'tip' is to eat cabbage ( ) But cabbage may not be right for you.

You are so very close to goal!! I'm excited for you, and hope you'll enjoy this time of being in your new self.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:43 AM   #12  

Default HEY

That's cool that our goals are the same!! I've fallen off the wagon. It takes me FOREVER to get back on. At least I've maintained for the past 4 or 5 months. Give or take 3-4 pounds.

I just have the hardest time getting started exercising. If I exercise I eat 100x better than if I don't. If I don't.. I eat mostly junk food!! Well, e-mail me sometime and we'll keep each other motivated!!

GOOD LUCK!!
Old 12-16-2002, 04:45 AM   #13  

Default My picture

I'm sorry about the quality of the photo. It was taken with our webcam. Anyhow, this is me now, despite the fact I haven't changed in a few months.
You guys can post yours too!! I'm not brave enough to put my "whole self" on here. hehe
Have a great day!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 04:46 AM   #14  

I guess that attachment didn't upload.
Closed Thread