Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #376  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Quick question... Well, maybe not that quick... but you know....

So I work really weird shifts. I.E. I work 4 nights a week, 12 hours a night... basically every other night. Seeing as I live (for the most part) at night, I eat during the night like it's my day. But sometimes, when I'm working a midnight, I have to get up in the afternoon the next day and I'm hungry. So I'm not sure exactly how to handle it because then technically it's harder because I'm spreading out my eating times over a longer period of time and get hungrier. Like, right now, I came home, ate my dinner at like 8am, slept til 2, and it's now 5 and I want to eat. And I'm hungry hungry, so I kind of feel like eating my lunch rather than my breakfast. So I guess what my question is.... is it okay to switch up the meal order? Like... put lunch first, breakfast second, etc. As it is, I tend to split up my lunch and dinner items into two so that I'm kinda munching the whole night through (dude, I'm WAY surrounded by chips, cookies, junk, pop, etc) because it's the only thing that keeps me from browsing elsewhere. So far, the cravings have been pretty bad, but I've stuck to it because I've managed to keep my servings spread out along the night. I'm not really worried about that.... just about switching around the meals themselves. My schedule/life/sleeping habits are pretty much just jacked up... so would it really make a difference if I go out of order as long as I eat it all and stay faithful to it?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #377  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Amanda: You can eat your foods in whichever order works best for you. Dinner for breakfast, lunch for dinner...whatever.
Keep in mind that what counts is how much you eat in a 24 hour period, not the order in which you do it, I don't think your body knows the difference.
If you are still hungry, up your veggies, especially the ones that are "free" like salads, cucumbers, etc. There's very little calories in those.
Also, make sure you are drinking your water. I find that the more I drink, the easier it is for me to stay on plan and I lose better too.

The hunger and the cravings are at their worst the first week or two, and then you will feel truly satisfied with what you are eating.

You can do this chickie!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #378  
Finding my wings...

Thanks Newshinyme... that really does make me feel a lot better.

So basically if I had my last meal at 8am this morning, that's the end of my prior (24hr) eating day? Technically? So that was the end of the 24hr period. And the fact that I ate my first meal at 4:30pm-ish today.... I have until about 8am tomorrow morning to eat the rest of my allotted food for this current 24hour period, right? And so on, and so forth....

Man... it's kind of weird, wrapping my mind around it.... but yeaaah. I think I get it. I think it's just weird because I kinda eat all my food at the second half of my day, as compared to most people eating it in the first half. I feel like I might be eating too much too often... but I guess I'm not technically...

The only thing is that I have to definitely make sure that I stay on the midnight schedule, even on my days off, because otherwise it just gets confusing and overlaps too much. Like the other day... (my fourth day on)... I worked midnights, ate my last meal at 8am. Woke at 7pm. Made that day my off day. Ate 1 meal and went to bed (because I was exhausted from a crazy week of working overtime)... woke up at 7am, ate breakfast, then had lunch at 1pm, slept from 2 to 8, went to work and started all over with breakfast even though I missed dinner because my shifts are 12 hours long and that's when I need to be eating because I'm hungry and to stave off bad food cravings. When, in fact, what I SHOULD have done was keep eating my "off day" food until bedtime that day (2pm).

Ahhh. Now I know where I went wrong. LOL!

Thanks again.... seriously!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #379  
ggg

Default Hey!

Hi all, nice to be back. I have been busy, but still pretty well keeping to the diet. Although I was going to delay my order, it slipped by and it was too late, so I will get one more months worth.
I have lost a nice 2 lbs a week, so 7 weeks and 14 lbs. I am very pleased with this, as I know that fast weight loss is really hard on your kidneys, and I don't need health issues because I lost weight
I did substitute a lean cuisine for a ns dinner this week. That is what I have decided to do, instead of going off the diet, so if people do the 5 day thing, they might think about that, instead of cooking. Not really much difference, and at 4 bucks a pop, not exactly cheap, either. And since they have NEVER sent me the caramel corn, (I got different sawdust in a bag both times as a replacement ) I have been buying the 100 calorie snacks as a replacement. There is a Thinsations that has 3 g fibre, so don't think that is too bad. And of course, I have had battles with the oatmeal, definitely too complex for me to cook so I bought some of the Quaker Oats weight conscious ones, and they are the same, so that works for me.

I really love the convenience of this diet. Softball season has started and I travel a lot. I can take this with me anywhere, and as long as I have water, I can always eat something legal And if I have to cheat and eat fast food, I guess that will be Subway.
Nice to see new people here, you will find this diet dead easy. No cooking means not thinking about food which means ...not thinking about food

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKlown View Post
I am probably not allowed to post here since I am a guy but I didn't know where else to ask this. I am 25 and have diverticulitis. Do you know if most of the foods prepared through Nutrisystem has seeds in it, aka tomatoes, sesame seeds, and others?
I have to say, I have not noticed seeds, but this diet is fibre galore! I can't believe how high fibre it is! I know the big thing with diverticulitis, high fibre is super important.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Ggg, good going! Nice progress. I hear you about the using Subway as easy fast food once in awhile! That's what I will do.
I've run out of some NS foods, so I've been kind of doing things on my own. Chicken and veggies on a tortilla with a tsp of light mayo or grilled no fat ham and cheese on weight watcher bread with a salad for lunch or for dinner, steak, corn and brussel sprouts. I have 100 cal ice cream sandwiches, baked tortillas with salsa or Atkins Endulge bar (YUM) for dessert. I'll be searching out some healthy choice snacks this weekend I think. I still haven't decided whether I will get my autodelivery this week or just continue doing it on my own. I have this wanting to change over the cupboards and fridge/freezer to mainly healthy choices I can eat and that will satisfy the hubby and daughter as well. They could stand to eat more healthy.

I'm so confused about my weigh in day, lol. I started weighing mondays, then it changed to fridays and on the NS site it went back to mondays.

Oh well, maybe I should just stick to fridays here. Maybe because I like the number this morning, lol.

I'm down 1.5. 158.5. The 150s! Yay! I shall behave this weekend! Weekends are so hard. Oh well...one day at a time right!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #381  
Finding my wings...

It's high on fiber? I've been taking organic ground flaxseed for the past 6 months or so, because I had a lot of problems the past few years with... erm.. regularity... and it was definitely helping.

Should I cut back on my flaxseed? It says 1 to 2 tablespoons a day for adults, I usually do about 2. Should I cut back to 1?

Man... the things that come up when you diet... seriously.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #382  

I'd maybe cut back to just 1 tbsp till your body adjusts to the NS food.

I have had for a long while a problem with regularity. And it's taken time for that to somewhat change with the NS diet. I might add some flaxseed myself.

I think NS is high on fiber depending on what you select. If you eat more vegetarian type meals, pea or bean soup, etc....then it is high fiber. But if you constantly choose the lower end of the fiber meals, then it really isn't all that high.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #383  
Finding my wings...

Flaxseed definitely helped me with bloating and regularity because I was always terrible about getting enough fiber in my diet. But now that I'm probably getting a decent amount on this diet... I don't want to push it too much because I've heard that too much fiber can do the exact same thing as not enough.

But yeah... I totally recommend flaxseed. I mix it with my cereal, or some yogurt, or even oatmeal. If I'm running really really late, though, I just take it straight and chase it with water. LOL!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #384  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

That is great news Newgie! Congratulations!
I got on the scale this morning "unofficially". I am also down 1.5 and I have reached my mini goal of 30 lbs. However, official WI day is not til Monday, so I too have to watch what I do this weekend so that I don't blow it. Let's do this together!!!!

As for the fiber content: what I figure is that although the actual meals themselves are higher in fiber, most of the fiber is coming from all the fruits/vegs we add daily. I am lucky that I don't have problems in that department, but my DH does. Before NS he had to take Metamucil daily to keep things moving. Now he doesn't, but if he slacks in the fruit/veggie department, he notices.
Maybe I would try decreasing the flaxseed to half of what you're doing for a week, see how you feel. If you are still good, cut in half again or eliminate for another week to see how your body responds. It will be lots of trial and error, but you will figure out if you are getting enough fiber with your diet alone.

Last edited by Newshinyme; 05-15-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #385  
Finding my wings...

Thanks Newshinyme.... I'm definitely gonna try that actually. Here's hopin.... because darned if I want to go back to the way I was before! That's some miserable livin!

So today was the end of my 7th day (first week) on Nutrisystem.... and I don't know if my scale is on crack or something... actually scales, because I have 2.... but I've lost a good 7 to 8lbs.

Is that possible?!

Here its always been a struggle, nay AGONY, to lose a single pound my whole life... and it always seemed like a 1lb victory today meant a 2lb gain tomorrow.... and now I've lost 7lbs in a week??? Jeez! Not to mention that's without going to the gym since I hurt my foot last weekend and have been letting it recoup....

Last edited by starfishkitty; 05-15-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #386  

Many have real good losses the first week! Congrats!! Just be prepared for the slow down and some people have no loss the third week. It all balances out to about five pounds a month. Depends on how much the person has to lose to.
NS is a great program.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #387  
Finding my wings...

Hey, 5lbs a month is MORE than enough for me!!! To meet my mini-goal anyways.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #388  
Southside White Sox Fan

Keep it up chicks! My DH is up to 43.8 pounds down since January 13, 2009. He walks on the treadmill every day, but nothing more excessive than that.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #389  
Finding my wings...

I know this sounds stupid.... but what does DH stand for? I keep on seeing it all over the site...

Last edited by starfishkitty; 05-16-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #390  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

dear husband.. damn husband... whichever applies? :P
Closed Thread