Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #466  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I'm still around ladies!
Had a few not very on plan days, but I am back at it today. At least the exercise is going well.

Amanda: I know exactly how you feel about getting all sluggish after that sort of meal. Before, I'd feel like that a lot of the time and of course I'd have no clue as to why I often felt like that. Now I actually know that if I don't eat right I feel crappy and that's a good incentive to keep eating properly!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #467  

yesterday was a good day for me both food wise and exercise wise. went to a graduation party and ate the healthy items. did indulge in a piece of marble cake. it helped that i also knew who baked it very well.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

It was hubby's birthday dinner at Applebees yesterday. I ordered the steak tips and mushrooms. Ate the steamed veggies and gave hubby a third of my steak and mushrooms plus all the garlic mashed potatoes. I skipped the maple blondie(which is awesome btw!) and had my own dessert of SF chocolate pudding with peanut butter, cool whip and bananas.
I was very happy with my choices.
I went for a 2 hour mountain bike ride on saturday. That burned 1100 cals. So I'm fine about not exercising on Sunday. Today I'm going to this body flow class with my daughter. Yoga, pilates and balance work. Sounds like a fun awkward time...group stuff, woot. blah, hehe
Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #469  

Good morning everyone!
It's weigh in day. Down half a pound this week. I'm doing fairly well with being off on holidays. Usually I don't work out and eat too much. But I'm making myself exercise in order to burn off any extra calories. I fit in some light beer yesterday in the calorie intake number for the day and still ate healthy for the rest of the calories for that day.
I'm hoping to take a trip tomorrow and go canoeing in the marshes. If not, we'll definitely fit it in on one of the weekends this summer.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Last edited by Newgie; 07-03-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:43 AM   #470  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

So question.... anyone here that's been on NS for a while.... have you found that there's some parts of NS that you definitely cheat on? Has it made it harder to lose, do you think?

Me, I have a hard time with the protein. I always, ALWAYS want more protein than they call for.... I'm a meat eater, what can I say (and for the most part, it's the carbs in my life that I've noticed totally keep my weight on). Though I usually only go over by 1 serving of protein, I hope that it's not impeding my weight loss too much. Doesn't seem so, so far.... but then each week I'm constantly paranoid that all of a sudden my weight loss is going to stop, plateau, whatever you want to call it, as it is.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #471  

I have to admit, I sometimes cheat on my Nutrisystem diet out of necessity--if I have a date or go out with coworkers, it's weird to bring along a cardboard box

But I always make a promise to myself that each time I do, I'll make up for it with extra physical exercise. So far that's worked for me.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #472  

i never followed ns 100% of the time either. i ordered two sets of portion control plates last year for my trip out to california. had one sent to my brother and his family and one sent to my sister and her husband. also when i go to restaurants, i order heart smart items on the menu. mom, my sister, aunt, cousin, goddaughter, and i went out to lunch today. i had a mandarin chicken salad with citrus dressing and an iced tea.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #473  
Finding my wings...

I think I'm stuck on a plateau ladies. I've been at this weight for nearly 2 weeks, and it doesn't seem to want to budge.

I know my biggest problem is that I need to return to the gym again (and want to go, god I feel less fit) regularly (I'm lucky if I get there 1 a week these past 2 months)..... but just haven't been able to because this summer has been INSANE. On top of taking care of my family (by myself), working 45+hours, and midnights at that, AND trying to do little things with the friends that are in for the summer before they leave back for school... add in all the freakin baby showers, wedding parties, reunions, blah blah BLAH that everyone seems to want to have during the summer..... I'VE.HAD.NO.TIME.

However, I was losing since I started NS, and rather well. Even with little to minimum exercise. But... it seems to have leveled out. Did any of you experience this? Is this normal for everyone who starts on NS, even those of you who exercise, or is it cut and dry... I just have to go to the gym? Which I will be doing ASAP anyways, once this crazy week is over.... but still curious....

Last edited by starfishkitty; 07-17-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #474  

i did experience it. how about going for a walk during your lunch break? i do that. if i can't do that, i go before i start work.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi....I saw this on QVC last night - the weekends off plan - 239 (pd in 2 easy payments of 119). Don't know if that is a deal or if its still valid.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #476  
Finding my wings...

Ciecie - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. So.... what did you do when it happened? How did you get over it to continue losing? Or is it just slowing down quite a bit?? I knew losing 15lbs in 2 1/2 months was too good to be true.... I'm just paranoid that it's stopping altogether!

As for going for a walk.... no can do. Work midnights, at a gas station... in one of the most dangerous towns in America..... just walking out of my cubicle could get me killed, actually. lol!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #477  

If you maintain during summer craziness, thats a good thing.
Just work on adding a workout in once a week and then aim for two. That should progress your weight loss. If you stall again for a 3 week period, then try for work outs 3 days per week.
If you work out really hard for an hour, eat an extra protein and fruit.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #478  

have to agree. maintaining during craziness is a good thing.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #479  
Finding my wings...

Newgie - That's a great plan actually. Start slow, but determined. That's what I'm going to do... next week. Middle of next week, to be precise. Hopefully after Tuesday is over, I won't have any non-work/normal family commitments. I'll start at 2 days a week, most likely.

Ciecie - Yeah... I can DEFINITELY say I've maintained well during the insaneness. Thank god for that.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #480  

this week is going to be a busy week for me. have to work three days this week. normally, i don't have to work on thursdays. however, the computers are going to be shut down tomorrow, tuesday and wednesday this week. nys is raising it's minimum wage later on this month. the computer department and payroll department are shutting down the computers in order to do what it needs to do in order to get ready for it.
Closed Thread