Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Welcome MelodyAngel! The more the merrier. Well that saying suits many things but not body size, lol. NS is a great thing for people who want to diet but not fuss in the kitchen. You still will somewhat with the add ins but with preplanning it isn't a big deal.

I'm trying to be patient with this new stick to the program as close as possible and measure things. Plus exercising regularly. I lost a big .5 from doing that since last friday, big whoop, lol. Oh well, feels like I've gained muscle and lost inches so I'll be patient. It's just so damn hard getting out of the 160s!OMG! OH well, now that I've moved back to monday weigh ins, maybe I"ll see the 150s this monday. I just have one cheat on the weekend that I've planned which is a small popcorn at the movies to see Star Trek. I don't think that will have much impact since I've been cutting 250 cals or more from my diet this week.
I made this dip for my bananas the last two nights. Cool whip mixed with a tsp of peanut butter (fat) and a tbsp of chocolate PB2. It was yummo.

Anyways, have a great day all!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #362  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome Melody! There is always room for more in here
NS is a great program, and really simple to follow. I can't recommend it enough, with just a bit of planning, you'll be on your way to skinnydom in no time.

Newgie: You are doing great. I have noticed that whenever I up (or re-start) my exercise, I don't lose as fast right away, but after a little bit, things get moving. I think my body just gets a bit shocked hehe. You will be in the 150's in no time
As for the popcorn, probably the most important thing would be to drink lots of water from all the added salt, but other than that, you should be OK.
I might actually go see Star Trek this weekend too

I am having the TOM from ****. So much pain it's not even funny, and that is not usual for me. And to boot, yesterday I was overcome by cravings . I will do better today, but I still feel crummy.

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #363  

Ok, I cheated more than I should have on the weekend. Probably 750 -1000 cals more than I should have had. Time to move forward.
My digestive system is all sore and bloaty from it. Plus I'm up 2lbs from Friday. Blah. I'm sure it will be gone by next week. When will I learn that I have to be 95% on program or better to lose weight even with muscle building exercise 5 times a week?

Hope everyone's weekend was good.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #364  
Learning to fly again

Newgie: Don't beat yourself up. What's done it's done and all you can do is move forward. Hopefully all that is water weight and nothing more so you'll be back down in no time.

I had a pretty good weekend, almost on plan, and the scale finally moved a bit. I was very tempted to eat out or takeout but DH and I talked ourselves out of it and I am so glad for that. I too have finally learned to make the connection between what I eat and how I feel later on and I definitely feel poopy when I eat not-so-good for me stuff.

It's a new week and a new chance to get the scale moving, so let's go!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #365  

Ack my stomach is rebelling! lol...I look six months pregnant, booo. Ohhh well, I know to watch the sodium!

Glad you are doing good Newshinyme! I'll definitely be watching myself from now on, I really hate my digestive issues. It always is accompanied with the blahs and grouchies.

I worked out at the gym, so yay me. Off to work soon to put in my 11,000 steps.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #366  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Finally got my shipment in a few days ago. Started it and I've lost about 2lbs already!!! Totally excited. It seems like it might just work for me because I work midnights at a gas station and following the plan they sent me is easy because it allows me to munch on little stuff the whole night (well, actually, its MY day... but you know what I mean) and that stops me from munching out of boredom and trying to stay awake on all the junk food there! Already, though, I've noticed it's a little bit harder to stay on plan at home so I'm trying to keep a little bit more simple and healthier food choices for my household (I do the grocery shopping for my house) to help me on those days off. Also, I really like the little checklist/booklet thingie they sent... I enjoy writing it down and checking off what I've eaten as I'm going.... it totally helps me keep on track! I think I'm going to go get xerox copies made of it so that I can keep doing that.

Also... I'm doing the autoship flex plan... and I chose Favorites this time.... can someone tell me exactly how I order my own food next time from the site, and at what point before my next autoship do I have to do it?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #367  

Hi Amanda! I think you can change your food order at any time and as many times as you like before it ships out.

Here's a good shopping list. Change your whole family to lower fat options and that way it's easier for you to stay on plan!
http://files.hungry-girl.com/Shopping_List.Jan_09.pdf

I'm down one pound since yesterday. That weekend cheat was brutal on my internals. I'm still suffering today. BUT! I did go work out today for an hour, half of which was with the personal trainer. I'm definitely going to stay on plan this coming weekend. I MUST get out of the 160s, lol. More importantly, I hate digestive woes.

So far I've had tea and cantaloupe. I should eat an NS breakfast but we'll see. I might just opt for a protein and fruit. It is eleven thirty and lunch is approaching. Times like this I wish I had an NS granola bar.

Enjoy the day all!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 216/152/145

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks for the welcome Newgie and Newshinyme!! I can't wait for my food to get here so I can get started!!

By the way, I noticed on the NS website that they have a program called NS Select, where you get some frozen items in addition to the regular stuff. It is about $100 a month more than the regular plan...so I was wondering if any of you are doing the Select? Is the food better? Is it worth the extra cost?
Old 05-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #369  

I am also on the NS forums and I hear good things about the frozen items. The quality and taste rate the items worth the price.

I ended up eating NS nutriflakes with raisons for a late breakfast. Now I'm planning my lunch. As I have one lunch item left and my autoship was delayed till next week, I've been doing NS on my own. Lunch today will be grilled ham and cheese. No fat ham with light kraft cheese slice on weight watchers bread. I don't really feel like a salad today so I"m going to take pumpkin and add some pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, brown sugar splenda and top it with a bit of FF cool whip.

My stomach is starting to feel better.

Last edited by Newgie; 05-12-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #370  

I am probably not allowed to post here since I am a guy but I didn't know where else to ask this. I am 25 and have diverticulitis. Do you know if most of the foods prepared through Nutrisystem has seeds in it, aka tomatoes, sesame seeds, and others?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #371  
Learning to fly again

Hi Amanda! Glad to hear you finally got your shipment and that you are finding it easy to follow. It gets easier to stay on plan the longer you do it because you just get used to eat this way. Of course, I also had to start with ridding my house of all the junk that I knew I should not be eating anyway. I am lucky that it's just DH and me and he is doing this with me.

You'll get a new booklet for every shipment you receive, so don't worry about photocopying it, but I agree, being able to tick off your foods is a great way to keep track of your intake and in my case to keep me on plan.

I am not sure where you are. I am in Canada, so I use the Canadian NS site. And there, I can edit my shipment from My Account. I suspect the same would work for the US site if that's where you are. I would guess that as long as you change your order at least a day or 2 before the shipment you'll be fine. (I usually get a auto-ship reminder from NS and then I make any changes I need)

MelodyAngel: I am not even sure if the Select program is available in Canada, so I haven't tried it, but if you do, let us know

Newgie: Glad you're feeling better.

MrKlown: This is not a women only forum, so everyone is welcome to post. Actually, the more the merrier! A lot of the items have tomato based sauces. From what I remember, none of the foods have "visible" seeds. You can always check the ingredient list on the website: http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/...ast&plan=basic
or give NS a call so that they can tell you for sure. Best of luck!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #372  
Finding my wings...

Yeah, I think I found where to change my next order. The only thing that's going me scratching my head now is the whole we-charge-you-every-28-days thing. I didn't realize it worked this way (duh, I know) so now I have to try and hurry up and scramble around my finances to make sure I can get it paid on time. What's the point of dieting for 4 weeks then having to go off of it for a week because I can't afford it? Yeesh.....
Old 05-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #373  

Amanda, you are on the flex plan so that is weekends off NS right? They should give you info on what to eat on those off days. You can call to delay your autodelivery and use what you have learned to live off NS for those few days in order to help you afford the system.
Here's a site to help you out! NS on your own.http://plussizenow.com/ns/compare_breakfast.html

My stomach has been feeling better finally but my quads owwwwwwww! I think I might tell my personal trainer to take it easy on them today, lol. I work them hard with the cardio I choose on my days not with her. The bike and the elliptical. You would think 4 straight weeks at the gym would stop the pain. Nope! But the good news is, I was 159.5 on the scale today. It's not weigh in day but its nice to see it anyways! Maybe it just takes 4 weeks of exercise before I get any movement on the scale.

So my advice for anyone is stick with it!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #374  

http://amysmithr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-own-food.html

Scroll down to see recipes you can do on your own. There are even pics! She has a grocery list as well so that you have everything on hand to make the recipes.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #375  
Finding my wings...

Yep... but I'm not really doing the 2 days in a row thing... I'm splitting it up during the week depending on my schedule. And yeah, I figure that if it comes down to it at a certain point if I can't afford it for a few days I'll just have to try my best via the recipes and whatnot to stay as close to the plan as possible.
Closed Thread