Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #421  

i also noticed that my hunger started to curb once i started healthier. my folks were amazed at the amount of food i'm allowed to eat.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #422  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Melsie: My doctor suspected I might have had high blood sugar levels when I was at my heaviest, so now he monitors my hemoglobin a1C every 3 months. It always comes back normal, which means my blood sugar levels have been normal throughout the period and I am doing the regular program.

Amanda: Glad to hear you are adjusting well. I think now your body doesn't want all the other stuff because now you are giving it adequate nutrition from the NS. I also found that the less I have certain things, the less I crave them which is definitely a good thing since I don't feel like I am depriving myself.

Newgie: Look at you go! Your new commitment is inspiring, I will take a page from your book and take the bull by the horns. As you know, the weekends are my downfall.

Ciecie: Welcome. You have done great!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #423  

thanks for the welcome newshinyme!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #424  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I agree Newshinyme! And as someone said above... it's amazing the amount of food I'm eating on this! Seriously, when I leave for work at night it's with a ginormous bag of food.... I feel like people are looking at it and going "What the...?" haha But it's all healthy food, fruits and veggies, so I know it's good. It was hard at first, getting used to eating fruits and veggies because I'll admit that I was not a big eater of those... having grown up in a Mexican household that's big on starches, carbs, and fatty meats.... but wow! It's not so hard every day opening up that fridge and trying to figure out which ones to eat (at first it seemed like I had a very dismal variety of foods available to me).... I've really branched out and started to try new fruits and veggies that I hadn't before, or for a very long time.

And yeah... it's really having a great impact on my body! Not only do I feel way better about myself, but for the first time EVER tonight (without doing drastic things that would never stick) I got on my scale and grinned. I am beyond happy... another pound down!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 06-01-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #425  
Finding my wings...

Hey guys... another question... sorry... :/

The meat and seafood portions they have in the book (usually about an ounce)... they say frozen and raw..... but is that cooked or not cooked? I've been assuming not cooked, but I just wanted to check...
Old 06-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #426  

most likely it's not cooked.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #427  
Learning to fly again

I usually measure them cooked LOL. If you first measure and ounce and then cook it, it becomes way too tiny to do anything I think.

WTG on your loss Amanda!

Looks like I am back in the groove this week and I have been pretty much POP, I guess I am actually looking forward to the next WI this week
Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #428  
Finding my wings...

Seriously... that's what I was thinking. I went to go cook an ounce of fish and after it was cooked it was ridiculously small! I've seen erasers that are bigger than that! hehe

Thanks Newshinyme!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #429  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Yay for Fridays! Well.....they are even better after work, hehe.

It's weigh in day! 157, I lost 1 pound! We'll see how the next week goes. I've been eating 1500 - 1900 calories. I keep trying to net 1500 but most of the time I net 1200. It's hard to eat so much food, lol. Plus I'm scared to net 1500 calories because I'm eating 2000 then. So different from all the *diets* I've been on. I've got my ratio of carbs/proteins/fat at a better level, still having trouble keeping sodium down.
(Net calories are what you end up with when you minus calories burned from exercise.)

I'm planning on a bike ride for sure this weekend. I need some sunshine (vitamin D)! I wouldn't mind going on a nice picnic and bringing a book. I think I'm tired of the usual computering on the weekend.

How's everyone doing today?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #430  

congrats on the weightloss newgie!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #431  

After reading most of this thread I am convinced that Nutrisystem will help both my wife and I. Thank you everybody that has posted here for sharing your experiences. My wife and I will sure contribute ourselves soon once we see results!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #432  

so glad to be of help.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 155/138

Height: 5'4"

Default New to Nutrisystem

Hi
I'm new here, trying NS, today is the first real day. I tried the food a couple other days but not consistently, now I must REALLY try!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #434  
Learning to fly again

Welcome Zion21 and Aprilfool!!

You are always welcome to contribute and start posting here even before you start seeing results.
I know at the beginning I had tons of questions about the plan and coming here helped me immensely.

April: Good luck with the plan. You might be a bit hungry the first few days, so make sure you drink plenty of water and eat all of your fruits and veggies.

Newgie: Congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself. I know I am

I finally snapped out of my funk and have been sticking to the plan and to exercising regularly and the scale is moving. Yay!!!

I heard some interesting stuff on the weekend too....apparently the Canadian warehouse has been having issues with substitutions (doing way too many of them). So now they are allowing us to switch over to the US NS plan which would give us more options when it comes to food. I think I might be doing that for my next order
Old 06-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #435  

welcome aprilfool!
Closed Thread