3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Other Reduced Carb Diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #286
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

Oh, and McSurf- not sunny here in Montana today, but was very beautiful snowing those big fluffy flakes that float so gracefully, alternating with snow flurries whirling around. Quite the beautiful white wonderland! Love it when I get to stay home in the warm house and gaze out at it. Cooked an old fashioned slow cooked pot roast in the oven that made the whole house smell wonderful! Made with potatoes, carrots, onions and mushrooms, but I skipped the potatoes and cooked carrots, (although did munch on some raw carrots earlier while cooking), and then made a spinach salad.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:01 AM   #287

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for your suggestions on the picture, but I still can't get it to work. It says the upload failed think I will change it from a jpeg to gif extension....

Sunlover~That fluffy snow fall sounds heavenly...so did the pot roast!

Old 02-24-2014, 01:34 AM   #288

Sill no picture!

Old 02-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #289
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Steph for the substitutions and I posted a link for the oopsies bread as a substitute for pizza crust. I thought I had done it on this thread? maybe not. But please let us know how it turns out and ouch on the dog running and your injuries, my goodness

Cindi keep working at it you'll get it

Happy to report I am .6 down 168.2 let's hope it keeps moving
Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #290

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Cindi, why don't you ask about it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...-no-avail.html. It looks like they once had a photo upload problem. That might be the case again. In any event, they should be able to tell you what to do to upload your photo.

Steph, I don't know what to comment on first, lol! Your description of the snowfall and the pot roast was fantastic! If I were still teaching, I would have asked you if I could use it as an example of anecdotal descriptive writing for my students! And wow! Your dog broke your jaw? Again, you described very well the boundless energy of a puppy, oh, but ouch! What kind of dog do you have? It sounds like a boxer! Great job finding movie popcorn substitutes! Good for you!

Zucena, yay! Congrats on being another lb down! Hopefully that cookie will halt your cravings!

Rennie, woohoo on the .6 down! Keep it going! I may have to try that Smooth Moves tea. I always seem to have a problem with regularity. I used to eat Activia every morning, but stopped when I started slow carb. I try to take a probiotic each day, but I am so awful at taking pills that it doesn't come naturally and I forget to take them. Where do you buy Smooth Moves tea?

Where is Pamela? I know Missy was going to the Caribbean but did I miss news of Pamela going on vacation too?

*See my modified Slow Carb Diet plan @ Carb-Sensitive Dieting (Thread 5)

GOAL: 164 lbs, Normal Weight (BMI)
MAINTENANCE GOAL: Keep slow-carbing!

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost: _____
"A year from now, what will I wish I had done today?" -- Unknown Author

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-24-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #291

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I am down a lb from yesterday! Nice to see my cheat day water weight falling back off like it should! TOM is starting to subside, finally, and it's a bit disappointing not to get a whoosh accompanying it like I used to, but I have to expect my body to change as I get older, and whooshes with TOM may no longer be in the cards. I'll just have to roll with the hand I'm dealt and make it work!

2/22: 173.5 Cheat Day
2/23: 175.5
2/24: 174.5
2/25:
2/26:
2/27:
2/28:

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, a teapot of green tea, Mio water
Lunch: a hotdog (no bun of course), cottage cheese, Diet Dr. Pepper
Snack: just a FEW mixed nuts
Dinner: 7 bbq chicken wings, salad with ranch dressing, a teapot of green tea, Mio water

*See my modified Slow Carb Diet plan @ Carb-Sensitive Dieting (Thread 5)

GOAL: 164 lbs, Normal Weight (BMI)
MAINTENANCE GOAL: Keep slow-carbing!

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost: _____
"A year from now, what will I wish I had done today?" -- Unknown Author

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-25-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #292
slow carb newbie

S/C/G: 198/198/175

Height: 5'9"

well, this is quite frustrating. i gained 3 1/2 lbs on cheat day...and i really didnt go that crazy. i got full pretty quick and didn't shovel away the foods.

that is only 1.5 lost during first week. and with all the extra work i did, i am sure i would have lost that much or more on my standard eating plan.

anybody else gain 3.5 lbs on cheat day?

by the way, the extra work i did was not a "gym workout" i actually hate going to the gym. i try to get exercise through sports and walking.

the extra work i did was shoveling 1/2 of a 500 yard gravel driveway with a foot of snow, with an ice layer at the bottom. and another day i had to carry 4, 5 gallon jugs of gasoline cans 1/2 way up that 500 yard uphill driveway, to fill a home heating oil tank. I kid you not, one of the hardest working 2 days of work i have ever done. on top of that i played bball 2 days last week too...and to only lose 1.5lbs, im a little perplexed.

Zucena, good idea about the legumes before and after cardio

2/23: 193.2 cheat day
2/24: 196.6!
2/25: 196.4
2/26: 195.8 bball tonight
2/27: 195.8 didnt lose after bball??
2/28: 194?!
3/1:

Last edited by belief; 02-28-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: edit
Old 02-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #293
~Rennie

Thanks Jacqui I bought it at Shoppers Food Warehouse when we lived in Virginia. But I believe I saw it in the organic section at Giant Food also in Virginia. Do you have a Giant Eagle where you live? I think they remind me of Giant Food. With this new update of 3FC the ticker link won't work for me but I found another thread that had a link I used and it worked. I don't like this new format reminds me of the way it comes up on my tablet . Good job on the pound down

I miss all of the old post-ers also. I wonder what happened.

belief it is more than likely water underlying sodium, just flush it out

Last edited by love2b150; 02-24-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #294

Hi friends! Hope all is well! Welcome Zucena! and McSurf, look at how close to goal you are ! Jacqui, great job on the pound lost! Downward and forward dear! That stuffed mushroom recipe sounds divine! Belief, as Jacqui, said I am sure the weight gain is from water retention. You gained 3.4 lbs, but it takes 3500 calories to make a pound, and you surely didn't eat 12,000 or so odd calories, so the weight you are seeing on the scale is just retention I am sure. I always drank extra water during and after a cheat day. Don't worry, that will come off quickly. Love, have you ever made a pizza crust from cauliflower? It is quite yummy!

Yesterday my sister and I spent 11 hours painting at my family home. My only brother is getting married in June and my mom wanted to do some remodeling and recruited me and my sister for help. Surely we burned a lot of calories going up and down the step stool and moving our arms up and down. I had paint everywhere, on my feet from stepping in paint, in my hair. Tiring, but great fun remodeling with my sister. I would have been bored to death had I painted alone.

My pedometer arrived and today I am working on cleaning out some cupboards of foods that will cave me in, and then making a shopping list of needed low carb items. My sister and I are going to do a 90 day challenge. She is heavy as well, we weight about the same. We both lost weight together many years ago and it was much easier that way. She gained her weight back during the stresses of law school, and mine from the stresses of life in general. She has already lost about 50 lbs since last March doing Weight Watchers. She had lost that by September of last year, so about 50 lbs in 6 months. Then she resigned from her position at a law firm in South Dakota to move back to my family home and take care of my father after his health issues and give my mother some rest. My dad can't walk on his own or toilet himself and he sleeps poorly at night. Since I lost my job in December, I have been helping out a lot, as well as my other siblings. My sister's weight has been steady, but she hasn't lost any more since she moved back home and we both want to start up again.

Feeling blessed today that I found this website and all of you.

Cheers!
Old 02-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #295

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

So with the cookie, not drinking enough water and not exercising yesterday I expected to be up but I'm only up .4 pounds! Very happy with that especially since last night I started craving carbs (I blame the cookie) and wanted to snack but ate a few tablespoons of almond butter and then felt full the rest of the night. It's moments like that when I start believing I can actually do this and not slide back into old habits. I feel extra determined to eat all slow carb today and the rest of the week so I can enjoy my weekend next week with real cheat days

2/20: 149.8
2/21: 150.8
2/22: 149
2/23: 148
2/24: 148.4

Rennie, thanks! Don't worry, you'll get past the 160s! Every decade we enter in, we get sick of (except goal of course) but with continued determination and hard work, you'll make it out Think of it as an adventure...congrats on the weight loss as well! Every bit counts.

Sunlover (I too love the sun!), thanks for the welcome! I'm usually pretty motivated in the beginning, it's the sticking with it especially past three months that I struggle with but that's why I'm here Same thing for WW, I promised myself I'd sign up for 6 months to keep the weigh in accountability along with in person support really helps me as well. Your dog sounds high energy! Sorry you got hurt, I get scratched and bitten by my cat when she's playing sometimes but it's never that bad. Movies are definitely challenging for snacks, when I went yesterday, I had dinner beforehand which helped a lot. I'd probably do red peppers/green beans and hummus/guac if I had to do something but oopsies sounds good too!

Cindi, maybe the picture is too big? I'd try a couple different pics to see what the problem might be.

Jacqui, thanks! So far no more cookie cravings Congrats on the loss! I've found sometimes it takes a couple days for the TOM whoosh to come so hopefully if you're patient, it'll come.

InCertainCompany, Thanks for the welcome! I love when you can get exercise in while doing work and bonding with other people. You're so lucky you have your sister to lose weight with! Cleaning out the cupboards and buying new foods is one of the best things you can do, so much less tempting that way!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #296
~Rennie

Suzanne, I keep saying I'm going to try the cauliflower pizza but I haven't done it yet, along with the oopsie bread I love that post-ers have a fitness partner they can talk to (see) and work out with. I was just chatting with someone on another thread about it. I feel that is a true blessing in itself Nice calorie burn while painting I'm sure What brand pedometer did you get?

Thanks Zucena , good job on not giving into the cravings

I had a great day planned and then the snack monster with light TOM has come ... this has been a week now. I can't stand this part of life. At least when I was younger I knew when TOM was coming and for how long, smh.

B ~ soy peach protein smoothie
L ~ Shirataki spaghetti with beef, shredded cheddar: turnip greens w/turnips
S ~ peanut butter, peanuts, SF jello, whipped topping
D ~ half beef hot dog, sour cream & onion chips

70.7ozs of water only 15 more to go but I will definitely drink more since it is so early in the evening
Old 02-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #297
Steph

Hi all,
Hope you all had a great day! Congrats on the losses!

Well I finally did it! I went to the gym and officially signed up. My mom and sister got me a year's membership for Christmas, and I just never went and activated it. I'm always so exhausted after work being on my feet 9 hours straight. But now I have to go! At least I hope I do!!!

Jacqui- my dog is a mixed mutt from the pound. (We have 7 rescues: 2 dogs and 5 cats. I'm not allowed to go to the animal shelter anymore!) As far a what kind of mix, it's kinda hard to tell. They called him a Browning dog, (in fact it even says that on his vet records). When I asked what that was they said he was from the reservation in Browning outside Glacier National Park, where dogs roam free - and apparently believe in "free love" - (meaning they're often a mix of a lot of different breeds.) He kinda looks like a really big musclely border collie, but more brown in the face. He is the happiest, most rambunctious dog I have ever known, and has the goofiest face! No way could anyone stay mad at him! (God must have made him like that to protect him!).

Last edited by sunlover12; 02-24-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:23 PM   #298
Steph

Oh yeah, did pretty good on my diet today.
B: 2 pieces roast chicken
L: protein shake
D: Chili

Hope I don't gain weight from the chili. Didn't make it as soupie as planned. Hubby asked me to make it thick and rich with lots of beans and meat. Just tried to eat a smaller bowl.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #299

I posted to the CF3 about not being able to up load a photo, so for the time being I'm back with a dolphins avatar!

B~ egg omelet with kale, red onions, red & green peppers and tomatoes bits
L~ protein drink
S~ some dark chocolate
D~ Flounder, sm crab cake and brussel sprouts

No weight loss, but am holding my own at 154!

Clothes are really fitting better. My chest size is slowly shrinking and my tops look so much better.

InCertain~ Painting and redoing our condo is what got the weight off for me! Hope it does for you!

My hip hurt today...kept ice and heat rotating. Too much raining weather.

But got better as the day rolled on...

Blessings!

Last edited by McSurf; 02-24-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #300

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Rennie, I'm sorry to hear that but don't let it get you down! No matter what your body throws at you, you can handle it and keep going

sunlover, congrats on signing up for the gym! That's awesome. I've had to do the 8 hour standing and exercise thing and it is hard but possible. I would try it in the morning, right after work if you can handle it (bikes are good here) or a couple hours after work once you sit down and relax a bit. Just find something that works for you Also your dog sounds super cute!

Cindi, yay for clothes fitting better! I can already see my pants being looser and it's a great feeling. Your food for the day looks great too!

I had a great day, following my normal eating plan and having a good strength training workout with 30DS. No cravings and I no longer want any cookies