Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

I am down to 146.4 today! Whoooosh Thursday was a good eating day where I ate slow carb for my meals and for dinner had a In-N-Out burger protein style (no bun) so that was delicious. I was sore from the day before exercising so didn't exercise to let my body rest. Yesterday I had my strength training session which I didn't want to go to because I was tired and in a bad mood but I went anyways and felt a lot better afterwards so I was proud of myself there. I ate slow carb and had a Chipotle salad bowl (steak, beans, guacamole and veggies) which filled me up most of the day except for a almond butter snack later. I'm really happy my weight loss efforts are finally beginning to show again.

Steph Hope you're back OP! I also find eating carbs early in the day makes me crave it later so I try to stay away from it. Another bread to try if you need some is Ezekiel 4:9, it's all sprouted so it's very low GI and unprocessed. I keep some in my freezer in case I get any cravings for bread but I haven't so far.

Rennie Really glad you're here everyday keeping everyone on track I'm still hoping Jacqui will come back. Congrats on going to the gym and the new low! Those are always fun to see.

Cindi Congrats on going to the gym! I also occasionally eat some raspberries before I workout in the morning but only sometimes. And yes, Easter is a tempting time of year! Stay strong

Sum Glad you're back! When I was considering giving up, I too thought of the summer and how much I want to go on vacations and surprise people with my weight loss. I've gotten back on track and I'm sure you can too! Recommitting helps and as long as you stick with it, you'll eventually get there. Good luck

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:32 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

Steph, Sum &Zucena, glad to see you on here. Sounds like you all are doing pretty good! Great report Steph on weight loss!

Rennie, congrats on your weight loss! You will make it to goal, I just know it!

I have dropped another pound! (in spite of the Cadbury eggs!)I haven't been 153 for years! Only 3 more pounds to my first goal!!!!!

Sorry Ladies, but the Oopsie bread isn't for me! Not a big fan of creamed cheese...

Tomorrow, church! Love to praise and worship the LORD with the congregation. Our pastor usually brings us a message that challenges us to continue to grow in Christ.

God Bless You!

Nite!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #423  

Sill can't get my profile picture on....

Now I couldn't get in to change my ticker! Anyone? I need help!

Thanks!

Last edited by McSurf; 03-15-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #424  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sum you got it and I think I can be down a considerable amount by July also. I'll hang right in here with you You will be my drive since you have more of a handle on your eating than me and you are also a workout nut <-- I mean that in a great way My Mom was shocked, she said, you don't even look like yourself" ... I guess that was meant in a good way, I just smiled.

Thanks Zucena You got your whoosh great job I need to make the minute muffin another post-er mentioned to me. Gotta remember to look it up

Thanks Cindi good job on the pound I have used the oopsie bread twice and it doesn't taste like cream cheese it doesn't taste like anything actually I don't care for it by it's lonesome but I do need to figure out a way to take it with me. Today I had two 80 cal rolls(15 carbs each) that could have been avoided totally but I wanted my burger and hot dog on bread and they were the lowest in calories there. But the oopsie bread would have been low in calories and carbs.

the carbs and calories took over yesterday I'm up .2 to 164.6 and today too, but not as bad as yesterday. Got good comments from my Mom and Family though

11 ~ 166.8 (-0.6)
12 ~ 165.2 (-1.6)
13 ~ 164.8 (-0.4)
14 ~ 164.4 (-0.4)
15 ~ 164.6 (+0.2)
16 ~
17 ~
Old 03-15-2014, 11:25 PM   #425  
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
Had a pretty good OP day. I made a turkey today because after Thanksgiving my Mom hit the sales and bought a bunch of turkeys. I literally had 4 turkeys in the freezer, so I roasted a turkey today. No dressing or potatoes but thought I'd try mashed cauliflower which is supposed to taste like mashed potatoes. Well, it doesn't, but it wasn't bad - just no mistaking it for potatoes! Also had green beans which were delish cooked with a little bacon and onion. Yum!

Was supposed to go to an event tonight but went to an event last night and have to go to a big family b-day party tomorrow night so felt I needed a night off. Weekends are hard to be on a diet!!!

Since I stayed home today, I cooked and chopped lots of good diet foods. Also took down my Valentines tree decorations and put up our St Pattys Day decorations. Yeah, remember - crazy woman with a year-round perpetual tree to decorate! Our family room glows green now with green lights, a St Pattys Day Tree and lots of green clover. Very festive! (Where are you Jacqui? You would appreciate!)

Feel like I'm doing better diet-wise, although didn't weigh myself today. I felt positively bloated yesterday! All puffy! Feel better today. Pants feel looser again today.

Have a good day tomorrow Peeps!
Old 03-15-2014, 11:33 PM   #426  
Steph

Yeah Rennie!!!!

So glad your Mom appreciated how well you have done!!! Be proud of yourself!

I am so happy for you!
Old 03-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #427  
Steph

BTW- I had planned on making oopsie bread today but didn't get that far, but hope to make some tomorrow. It is better when you add some spices and/or seeds to it. I used to experiment quite a lot with it and liked to add minced onions, garlic, creole seasoning, etc. I also plan to try a recipe with the same basic batter, but add cheese popcorn seasoning and pipe in small strips and bake in a slow, low temp oven to make no carb Cheetos! I want to try!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #428  
~Rennie

Thanks Steph , I have yet to try to mashed cauliflower, because when I made the mock mac n cheese, it still tasted like au gratin potatoes to me (and didn't thicken well) maybe I needed to add cornstarch . The only thing I like so far and I've only made two dishes is mock potato salad. It is very good. I ate it daily until it was gone. I like lights, I could drive around forever during the Christmas season just looking at lights so your green room would have me at total peace . I got up bloated this morning. I looked in the mirror before church and though, ewww truly not attractive, so I draped a scarf around my neck that hung low to cover it . So far I have used the oopsie bread for a sandwich, taco (small tortilla shells), pizza (like an English muffin). I have four pieces left I will definitely make more. Let me know how the cheetos turn out I would definitely like to try that

Today I made the minute muffins using flaxseed mill. Also another bland tasting low carb item. I made a cinnamon one and an almond flavored one. I went on another site and found that toasting it and adding cream cheese makes it a little more palatable. I mixed some Splenda with the cream cheese and ate one half that way. Not the greatest because I cut it into five slices and two are still looking at me

I'm up .8 to 165.4 today

11 ~ 166.8 (-0.6)
12 ~ 165.2 (-1.6)
13 ~ 164.8 (-0.4)
14 ~ 164.4 (-0.4)
15 ~ 164.6 (+0.2)
16 ~ 165.4 (+0.8)
17 ~

Last edited by love2b150; 03-16-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #429  

So yesterday was my cheat day and I did go a little overboard thanks to volunteering at an event where lots of free snacks and sweets were served. But it wasn't too crazy for lunch or late night snack (almond butter) and I drank a lot of water so that helped a lot. Today I was up a bit to 147.6 but not as much as I expected and hopefully the cheat day weight will come right off. Saturday I ate slow carb most of the day although dinner I had a burger (no bun) with some cheese and a few other non-slow carb extras. It was very filling though for the rest of the evening and I'm hoping most of it went to rebuilding muscle. Not feeling carb crave-y today, mostly want to eat clean again and feel better physically.

Cindi Congrats on dropping a pound! It is so fun to get to low weights. I hate cream cheese as well.

Rennie Glad your mom recognized your weight loss! Thanks for the support Sorry you're up and hope that the scale goes down soon

Steph Weekends are definitely hard! Sounds like you're making great food though Sometimes it's best to just stay OP and not weigh to make sure you're celebrating what really matters. I find drinking lots of water helps with keeping off the bloat.

Hope everyone is gearing up for a great OP week!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #430  
~Rennie

Thanks Zucena I've been wanting burgers here lately. I am enjoying the oopsie bread and I promise you and Cindi, it doesn't taste like cream cheese. I really wish when we try something new we could share it with one another so we don't have to make it or buy it and waste money ... that would really be great

Steph did you make the oopsie bread? I'm going to make a batch now

11 ~ 166.8 (-0.6)
12 ~ 165.2 (-1.6)
13 ~ 164.8 (-0.4)
14 ~ 164.4 (-0.4)
15 ~ 164.6 (+0.2)
16 ~ 165.4 (+0.8)
17 ~ 167.0 (+1.6)

I didn't have a good week as you can see hopefully next week will be better I got the the gym did 3.61 miles burned 447 calories

Last edited by love2b150; 03-17-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #431  
~Rennie

Ok this thread has dwendled down and is not moving …

I am not slow carbing, I am not doing anything that is good most of the time I need to pick myself back up and get it together before I totally lose control

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #432  

S/C/G: 178.2/176.2/155

Height: 5.3

Hi Everyone Newbie here

I just started the slow carb diet on yesterday and today I weighted myself this morning and I lost 2 pounds. Yeahhh I know its water weight but Im happy. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time and its just been stalled. Carbs is my enemy. I feel like when I eat any kind of carb good or bad I gain weight. I have been faithfully committed the last three months doing a good complex carb diet and lost no weight. I was working out 5 days a week. I really didnt understand it. This is the first time the scaled moved in months. Thank you Slow Carb!!! Good luck everyone. We can do this!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #433  
~Rennie

Brelolita and to the thread … good job on your weight loss. I hope you stick around I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. This thread use to be quite active but since our two leaders haven't been posting it has really slowed down.

My weigh in today was the same as March 1st at 165.6. I really want to see some type of loss for the month so I need to step up my game and stay OP. TOM is visiting at the moment so when that's gone I should do better

Check in please … I'd like to know how everyone's doing
Old 03-23-2014, 01:04 AM   #434  

Brelolita! Glad to have you with us.

Sorry, Ladies but we have been working very hard to get the condo ready for our renters Monday! WHEW>>>>we did! Just a few pictures to hang and we are done!

As for the weight, I'm holding in at 153-154. Not easy to do when our meals are not eaten on schedule, nor as healthy as I would like, but just too exhausted to prepare properly. I'm sure you have all had days like that.

Sorry you are having a hard time keeping with the program, Rennie but you will get back...

Must run...nite ALL!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #435  

Hey everyone. I've been struggling for the last week which is why I haven't been around. Just haven't wanted to eat any of my normal meals so I've been eating out a lot especially when I go eat with friends. Haven't weighed myself in a week either, I don't want to know right now. Today I went to my strength training session and went grocery shopping (not having food at home is a problem) so I'm feeling more determined to keep it mostly slow carb this week. Added a few foods back including berries and hummus (it's been a domino food for me in the past but I'm going to try it again) and I bought a few slow carb dinners (although one had cheese on it). Going to experiment a bit this week and try to eat better and do more hiking in the mornings.

Rennie I'm sorry you've been struggling but glad you're back on track! Hope you lose some weight before the end of the month

Brelolita Welcome to the thread! I'm glad slow carb is working for you. I also have a carb problem although more in a domino eat everything way. How much do you have to lose? Hope you stick around!

Cindi Glad you're at least keeping steady! And congrats on getting the condo ready

I'm going to try to post more often. Hope everyone does the same! We can all support each other
Closed Thread