3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Other Reduced Carb Diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #406
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

On the up side, was a slug all weekend getting lots of well needed R&R and my cold is gone!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:00 AM   #407
Steph

Wow... It's really slow here.

Last edited by sunlover12; 03-11-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:37 AM   #408

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

I agree, it is slow today. Guess everyone is busy!

Doing good here. No wait gain. But no loss either!

weather was in 75 today, sunny and breezy. Just the way I like it. That's one reason we don't want to move back to our home state of MO. We don't like the cold, the ice or the snow.

B~ egg omelet w/ kale, onion. tomato, cheese and chia seed.
L~ bologna sandwich and chips and chocolate for dessert
D~ stew w/ toast
S~ popcorn

I so love chocolate. I try to eat dark, but with the Cadbury eggs, milk chocolate right now!

My daughter and her two boys, 6 and 9 yrs are coming down for their Spring break the first week in April. Should be fun! Too bad her hubby has to work...

Have a good day tomorrow! Maybe some of the others will join us.

Night

Old 03-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #409
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Steph glad you got some rest Hoping for a nice weigh in for ya'

Cindi, we've had some nice weather here for a change but tomorrow is supposed to be back in the 40's I think (it's still better than the teens, 20's or 30's so I'm happy).

I wasn't doing well at all so I decided I would go back to the way I ate in January during the church consecration. I am giving up pasta, rice, potatoes, junk food. I will get as much exercise in as possible along with my water and prayerfully this time I can keep myself together afterwards.

Jacqui I hope you are just busy and all is well

Last edited by love2b150; 03-11-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #410

I understand, Rennie, sometimes if we stray off the WOE (way of eating), it doesn't work for us. I am not too disciplined and need to keep it simple and easy to do.

B~ Protein drink/slice of turkey bacon
L~ Roasted chicken, pasta noodles, broccoli
S~ Chocolate egg
D~ Grilled Cheese sandwich

Have a great night!

Old 03-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #411
~Rennie

Cindi exactly but when I keep it simple I get bored. I did well yesterday.

B ~ eggs, cheese, turkey ham, 1/2 cup grits, banana
L ~ tuna, taco meat, salsa, cheddar cheese
D ~ Low Carb protein shake

Today has started out well and I plan to hit the gym so that will make it even better Have a great OP day Everyone
Old 03-13-2014, 01:30 AM   #412

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around. I keep composing posts in my head and not actually writing them.

I've had a really up and down week or so but I'm leaning more towards the upside these days. After being up in the 150s, I'm back down to 148.8 and it's TOM here. I think having a big cheat weekend a week and a half ago messed me up, I got used to being able to eat whatever I wanted and it made it really hard to stick to the diet. I kept buying cookies and sweets and such at cafes or at the grocery store and I'd eat good one day and the next not so much. I'm trying to change my mentality to being less all or nothing and not letting myself give up but instead just have a good day the next day. Forgiving yourself is important The important thing is I'm making progress at being consistent with food and exercise even if I'm not losing as much as I hoped at first - every bit counts no matter how long it takes.

I bought a personal training package last week and had an amazing session last Friday. I played baseball the next day with friends and was pretty sore the next two days so I didn't exercise but today I did a 30 minute HIIT running session and then hiked for another hour so that was fun. I did have a cookie for lunch but rebounded with a slow carb dinner so I'm still in my calorie range. I'm planning on trying not to go all out for cheat day this weekend, just going to have a few nice meals versus thinking of it as an all day binge of my favorite foods. I'm still working on my emotional eating issues so I try to just snack on healthy foods even if its something like almond butter - still better than chips/cookies. I also bought some slow carb prepared meals like chili that will help when I'm not in the mood to make food.

Rennie I know what you mean, I get bored too. I try to go out to eat sometimes to get Chipotle or a salad to diversify my food and not get bored. Hope you made it to the gym! Good luck on the new eating plan

Cindi I'm with you, I hate the cold and snow! LA is also in the 70s and it's wonderful

Steph Glad your final went well and the cold is gone! We all have bad carb days, hope you managed to get right back on track I'm also trying to be good until my WW day on Friday.

Pamela I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope you're alright and wish all the best for you. Feel free to stop by anytime no matter what diet you're following!

Sum How's it going? Did you get back on track?

Good luck to everyone! Let's finish out the week strong

Last edited by Zucena; 03-13-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #413
Steph

Hi all, good to hear from you Zucena. I'm the same as far as having a real spurge weekend, or even full day, then have trouble getting back OP. This hasn't been my best week but I'm back OP now. Had to work late yesterday and didn't make it to my WW meeting so my daughter and I went grocery shopping instead and bought good OP food so I'm ready. This morning I had an egg, turkey sausage patty and some leftover cut fruit. I know the fruit wasn't the best LC but it's all fresh fruit I cut up a few days ago with a lot of grapefruit, pineapple and apples, no syrupy canned fruits, so too healthy to waste.

Rennie- I get bored too! Hard to stick with just 1 diet!!! But I'm going for it again.

I got one of those Hamilton Beach Sandwich Makers last week as present and all week have been making homemade McMuffins - so fun and delish! Kept telling myself it was ok because all the ingredients are okay on the WW diet, but I think the carbs in the English muffins make me really crave carbs all day long. Think I'll try making some oopsie bread this weekend to try in the sandwich maker.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by sunlover12; 03-13-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #414
~Rennie

Zucena, good to see you That's exactly why I don't like the cheat days. Afterwards I have no control, they control me and a little bit becomes a lot, smh. I'd love to go out to eat sometimes just for a variety and not something I have to make but we don't have the money for even a small splurge. I made to the gym yesterday and today, feeling good

Steph, I wish I had some of your fresh fruit, I'd sure eat it I think that was a great breakfast. I still haven't made the oopsie bread. I need to go get some of the Healthy Life bread from Kroger after Easter. I've gone back to my January way of eating to see if I can get out of the 160's and get to my goal of 156 I was starting to think it was wishful thinking but I did well yesterday and so far today so if I can stick to it I should be fine

11 ~ 166.8 (-0.6)
12 ~ 165.2 (-1.6)
13 ~ 164.8 (-0.4)
14 ~
15 ~
16 ~
17 ~
Old 03-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #415

Zucena, I think my cheat days have gotten to me, too.

Rennie, even if I do have the money to go out, I would prefer eating at home. I usually eat more than enough when out!
I made it to Zumba yesterday and then to the fitness center today for an hour workout. Glad you made it to the gym!

Steph, I agree, fresh fruit is really good. I have yogurt and blueberries for breakfast when I don't have an egg omelet. Understand the berries are very healthy! You will make you 156 goal! I'm steady to my 150 goal.

If those darn Cadbury eggs weren't so convenient, I'd probably be at my goal!

And just what is oopsie bread?

Last edited by McSurf; 03-13-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #416
~Rennie

Cindi, I did learn back in 2010 to get a to go box when the portions are big and pack half to take with me. But since I typically order off the soup and salad or appetizer section I don't have anything to bring home I miss my old Zumba instructor, she was the sweetest lady. The Zumba class that they teach at the gym is always super crowded. I know I would bump into someone ... I'm not very coordinated and some of the moves I just can't do but I try. I was trying to find the recipe but can't locate the right one. If you type it in the search field on here someone is bound to have it. I really want to try it but have yet to even attempt to make it.

My Mom is coming this weekend. I don't know how many of you were here during my conversation regarding my mother and my weight. I excited and this gives me more reason to stay OP
Old 03-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #417
~Rennie

Default oopsie bread recipe

found it

http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/g...-oopsie-rolls/
Old 03-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #418
~Rennie

New low

11 ~ 166.8 (-0.6)
12 ~ 165.2 (-1.6)
13 ~ 164.8 (-0.4)
14 ~ 164.4 (-0.4)
15 ~
16 ~
17 ~
Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #419
~Rennie

I made the oopsie bread. It doesn't taste bad, it looks exactly like the pictures but it's a little airy in the middle, reminds me of meringue. I'd like for it to be a tad bit firmer. Don't know if I'll try it with a burger or not. Also I followed the recipe and my mixture made 11 pieces. I count two as a serving which is 7 calories higher than the person that made the recipe.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #420
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 185/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Sorry that I have not been around.

I have not had anything good to report. TOM came and kicked my butt big time and I have been totally off plan.

I am going back home to Finland this summer and I have new found gusto now. I refuse to go back fat. I have been so fat for the past 5-7 years that I would like to surprise everyone with my slender figure, incl. mom.

I know I am nearly 25 pounds lighter that I was year ago, so not all are lost I just need to recommit and try to drop the next 15-20 pounds and finish this journey.

I am planning on going home sometime in mid July. 17 weeks; I can lose a LOT of weight in 17 weeks. Even with a conservative 1 pound loss, I could be pretty darn close to my goal weight.

Sh to me I am going to do this!!!

I will go back to low carbing.

We have a dinner planned out tonight but it is a steakhouse.seafood restaurany, I can totally wing it doing low carb. I will just skip the potatoes.