Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #181  
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

Yes!!! TGIF for sure! Ugh!!! It was supposed to be a low of only -6, (can't believe I just said "only" to -6!), but woke up to -14 degrees! So NOT right!!! Oh well, can't fight Mother Nature... but I'm pretty sure she's trying to kill us sometimes!

TwoTots- how fun! A biggest loser contest! I did one a few years ago through my gym. Didn't win but it sure did spur me on to lose a lot more weight! ( I may be a little competitive.) Good luck!

Welcome McSurf! You're doing great!!! So glad you've joined us! Keep going! You're inspiring!!!

Hi Jaqcui, Rennie and Pamela! Thanks for the well wishes. Plan on some indoor R&R this weekend, which should help. Only going out for a movie with my daughter, which I already promised. Besides that, I have a freelance art project to finish due on Monday, so that will keep me warm and inside for most the weekend. It's supposed to snow most of the weekend, which actually is a warming trend! (So unfathomable for a So Cal girl!!!)

Stay warm and toasty all! And sweet dreams of beautiful, warm places like Hawaii and the Caribbean!! Oh yeah, and Florida! (I know it was in the 80s there McSurf! You don't mind if we all come visit you, do you?!???

Last edited by sunlover12; 02-07-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5' 0"

Well... I've gained 1 pound.. I don't understand... so in three weeks I've only lost .6.. not sure I can keep this up.... Maybe full Atkins would be better for me? Or some of you that have seen my meals, what do I need to change, fat maybe? Stop eating the beans, which I honestly haven't eaten too many of them.. I don't know..

My Meals Friday 2/7/14:

Before Bfast - Cheese Stix
B - 2 Eggs Turkey Sausage with refried beans
S - None
L - Beans and the Inside of a Bean burrito (minus the rice) from Taco Bell
S - Pork Rines
D - Steak and Salad
S - None

Water / Tea - approx 32 oz

Last edited by pamela631; 02-08-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #183  
Steph

I would skip the beans for awhile, Pamela. See what happens. I know I gain weight if I eat too many beans. Couldn't hurt to try and see what happens. If you really want to lose fast, go very low carb and very low cal with no cheat days, something like Ideal Protein, however their products are very concentrated proteins with low cal, usually powdered and YUCKY!!! It's hard to stick to long term and a very expensive program. IMO, better to eat real foods and lose slower, but maybe mimicking the program with real foods that are very low carbs and and very low calories would reap similar, if a bit slower, results. (?) then take a cheat day once you hit a plateau to jog your metabolism a bit.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #184  
Steph

But my disclaimer is: I'm not an expert and I've only lost 2.5 lbs in the last 3 weeks... But admittedly, I haven't been very good at being on plan. Since starting WW 3 weeks ago, I have been indulging in whole wheat/low carb bread products and hadn't had any bread products for a while before that while on IP. I love eating some whole wheat bread or tortillas now and then, and enjoying the occasional cheat day or meal, so think for now I'll stay the course and lose slow but steady. No emergency coming up like a bathing suit vacation, (darn it!)
Old 02-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #185  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Steph enjoy your movie time with your daughter and good on you with the weather, I can't even imagine those types of temperatures How long have you lived there? Steph I like the idea you gave Pamela sounds good and like a plan

Pamela I have no clue what you could change. I'm sure when Jacqui logs in she'll have some advice. I do think full Atkins, SB or Dukan will definitely get you started. I know the only reason why January was great for me is cutting out everything. I am trying to pick that back up again since I seem to be at a stall.

abdelfattah and to the thread You're off to a great start eating that way. and the only way to avoid the potato is to avoid it. The substitute is cauliflower. Best of luck to you

Jacqui, hope you're doing well today

Missy

well today is off to a great start, if I can keep this going through dinner I'll have a very good day

ETA: meals

B ~ protein, Atkins shake
L ~ Buffalo chicken tenders, mozzarella cheese
S ~ cashews and peanuts
D ~ unwrap beef, cheese, salsa taco

Last edited by love2b150; 02-08-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone! I am on the mend but it sure is slow-going! I'm sure it's not helping that we keep alternating between snow and 0-degree weather here, although compared to Steph, I have no room to complain!

Sorry I didn't get on to post yesterday. It was a very busy day right from the get-go. I weighed in at 169 again and I ate Quaker Oats Cinnamon and Spice Instant Oatmeal with 2 bananas for breakfast, although it was more like brunch-time. I didn't have lunch. Late afternoon, hubby and I went to a Bob Evans Restaurant and if you don't have those where you are, the closest comparison is Cracker Barrel. They serve comfort food. I ate ALL carbs, lol! I had chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes and biscuits. Then I had a cinnamon roll for dessert! And of course, that just triggered carb cravings, so even though I was stuffed, a couple of hours later, I started eating mint chocolate candy and chocolate-covered nuts. No one can accuse me of not going all-out on cheat days, lol! I'm lucky I only gained 1.5 lbs, especially since I didn't sleep. I woke up at 1:30 coughing and hacking from this chest cold I have and never went back to sleep. Right now, I am exhausted, and my day's about to get busy. But the good news is I apparently got enough sleep to reset my carb switch because I'm not hungry or craving carbs today!

Week 30:
2/8: 169 Cheat Day
2/9: 170.5
2/10:
2/11:
2/12:
2/13:
2/14:

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, a teapot of green tea, Mio water
Lunch: turkey slices, salad with ranch dressing, Diet Dr. Pepper
Snack: almonds, Diet Dr. Pepper
Dinner: perch fillets, green beans, salad with ranch dressing, water, black tea

Hi Abdelfattah! So glad you've joined us! If you feel compelled to stick with potatoes, you might to see if you can get by with sweet potatoes. They have a lower glycemic index than regular potatoes. And as Rennie mentioned, cauliflower is often the substitute for potatoes in cooking. You can make mock mashed potatoes with cauliflower.

Rennie, potatoes and pizza are your nemesis, girlie, lol! I do believe you have as big of an addiction to them as I have to chocolate and pumpkin! But hey, good for you only eating 1/3 of those fries! And there's no "if" you can keep a good day going today. Of course you can! It's a choice! Let us know how the recipes with coconut oil turn out!

Pamela, I agree with Steph that beans might be the culprit. I went back and looked at my meals when I gained for no apparent reason and it seemed to start on the days that I ate black beans. I then also had white beans and baked beans during that time (and also split pea soup, and peas are kind of like beans). I typically do not eat beans except for green beans and also kidney beans in chili. I did have chili this week and the kidney beans didn't seem to bother me, but I do wonder about the black beans and white beans, if they affected my weight. I was eating canned versions and they are not as low glycemic index and they probably have quite a bit of sodium as well. I don't know, I'm just guessing, but I think I'm going to stay away from beans (except green beans and kidney beans in chili) for a while. You might take a break from them and see if it makes a difference.

Oh, and Steph on the bread, lol!

TwoTots, I hope you enjoyed your cheat day! And how nice that your co-workers and you do a Biggest Loser competition at lunch! That would be very motivational!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-11-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:29 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning everyone. Pamela it is so disheartening to not lose when you are sticking to a plan. I like the advice from sunlover to do a low carb, no beans, real food plan that mirrors IP. This plan can be like that if you leave out the beans and nuts. Jacqui, your cheat day sounds yummy. Mine was too. Sunday morning is the hardest part of this diet for me. Trying to pull back from carbs after eating them on cheat day. But, that's the tough dieting part, diets are not supposed to be easy peasy. Eating rings around yourself is easy peasy!!! But that just leads to hating yourself for not being strong. So, as someone's motto says ....Being fat is hard, dieting is hard, choose your hard.... At least sticking to a diet makes you feel great about yourself. I do have many moments of relapse on this diet but I keep going and those moments are getting fewer. Good luck everyone.
Pamela, I drink a protein shake every morning. i love it, it's something I liked when I was following an IP type of diet. Some days when I have had a larger, bean laden lunch I would have a shake for dinner too. My protein chocolate protein shake contains, spinach, coffee, chis seeds, ice and water. So there are some super foods in there too. It's large and it's filling. I hope you find some plan to fit. Maybe go back to basics and begin with an induction week of SB or Atkins. good luck. Let us know what you plan to do.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Wow, everyone must have been as busy as I was yesterday, lol!

TotTots
, you are so right that trying to do the right thing for our health is a reason to feel good! I'm glad you are getting better at it!

I think TOM is finally trying to show up, lol! The next day or two should let me know for sure. The Whoosh Fairy usually rewards me for having to put up with TOM's visit, but we'll see about that too!

Week 30:
2/8: 169 Cheat Day
2/9: 170.5
2/10: 170
2/11: 170
2/12:
2/13:
2/14:

Yesterday's Meals:
Lunch: missed it
Snack: Diet Dr. Pepper, mixed nuts
Dinner: a large bowl of chili, Diet Dr. Pepper

Today's Meals:
Lunch: chicken wings, cottage cheese, Mio water
Snack: pecans, Diet Dr. Pepper
Dinner: chicken salad, pepperoni bites, steamed broccoli, Diet Dr. Pepper, a teapot of green tea

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-11-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #189  
~Rennie

Jacqui, glad to hear you are feeling better I'm sorry you didn't get enough rest that would drive me nuts. I haven't had anymore of either. Oh yes I did. I like spicy so I picked up some Buffalo chips. I have been eating a few each night and only a few because I will only eat the ones that have a lot of Buffalo spice on them. I haven't had any today and don't plan on it. I'm done eating for the day. Jacqui I hope the whoosh fairy comes to visit us all

TwoTots, I was putting spinach in some of my smoothies also. It changes the color but not the taste at all, I like that I am trying to get back to basics. I having tough time some days but I'm trying

My weight yesterday and today was the same 171.8. Hoping to get back into the 160's by the weekend. My mom has moved her date to come down to this Friday instead of next so my goal of getting to 165-160 isn't gonna happen unless I starve myself. And we know that's not gonna happen

B ~ protein shake
L ~ Atkins meal bar, Kroger carbmaster pumpkin pie yogurt
S ~ Kroger 94% ff popcorn 1/3 bag
D ~ 10 shrimp wrapped in 1/2 sl. bacon, eaten separately (the bacon wouldn't cook fully while wrapped)
Old 02-11-2014, 11:38 PM   #190  
Steph

Rennie-please don't starve yourself for the visit. Take it from someone who's been there. No one will notice if you lost just one more pound. What they will notice is if you look weak, sick and not well. However, if you feel and look healthy and well rested, and if you feel good about the progress that you've made thus far, and you feel confident about how you plan to go on in the future, they will notice how well you are doing! You SHINE when you feel good! And everyone, including your mother, will notice the positive change in you.

IMO - concentrate on being healthy, OP, and well rested. Better than being 1 lb lighter, feeling weak, unwell, and not fully enjoying your mother's visit. Let her see our Rennie! The one who's going for it and getting healthier a day at a time.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:13 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

Just checking-in. Thank you for your welcome! I am having a hard time at night staying away from food! My husband and I are redoing our recently purchased condo and it has been hard work. We are just about done. Making ready for our transition from the retreat, as we have a contract to sell. We are excited, but it will be bitter sweet. We have been in this ministry/business for 21 years!

Blessings!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5' 0"

Hey everyone.. just wanted to say hi.. I'm not off plan, but I"m depressed right now because this diet doesn't seem to be working and my husband thinks it's funny... I need a big heavy stick right now.. lol

Anyways.. I might do Atkins and stay on induction for a few weeks and see what happens... since Sunday I haven't had any beans, so when Saturday comes, we'll see what the scales say...

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Pamela
Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #193  
~Rennie

Steph, thanks for your comment and concern I appreciate it. Actually I'm not hungry as long as the protein is up to par . I have found that when I snack I am hungrier during the evening, not good as long as I can stay away from the junk at work I'm ok. I got the Atkins book in the mail on Monday and I think I am going to try the meal plan listed for a few a week or two with my modifications because there are some things that I don't like on there. But I do want to see if I can handle that much food in a day. I wish I was home for about a week then I could eat like I need to without worry. I miss being at home.

McSurf, what is your ministry about? Congrats on your condo

Pamela, I'm sorry this diet isn't working for you. Maybe you just need to tweak it a little more, idk. I think that my issue is not making it to the gym. I do much better when I can get my 4 mile walk done

Last edited by love2b150; 02-12-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:08 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning everyone. I haven't managed to exercise this week. Bummer! My 16 year old nephew is staying with me and it makes for a busier morning. I will be back to normal next week. Things are moving slowly, 2 more days to Saturday weigh in. Come on whoosh fairy. I want to hit goal 1 by Feb 28th. Game on. I have just put an app on my phone, it's a weight tracker. tactio weight tracker, it lets you set target goals for weight loss, not a food tracker. Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by TwoTots; 02-13-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:26 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

Rennie~

We own and operate a Christian Retreat right on the Gulf of Mexico! Our summers are full of youth groups and then we have college, singles, ladies/men and youth retreats on weekends the rest of the year.

Life is good here in FL and the condo is just 3.5 miles down the road across the street from the beach. Praying the bank loans the money to the couple who has a contract on it. They are young and have lots of energy! This place needs that!

Did better tonight with eating. Did have sunflower seeds!

Have a breakfast date with hubby in the morning. Best meal to eat out and do low carb!

Oh are we all ladies on this forum? Or do we have some guys?

Blessings!
Closed Thread