Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 236/224/160

Height: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmw View Post
Wow things are picking up around here! Big Welcome to all the newbies nice of you all to join us!
Congratulations Kerri on getting out of the 200’s!
Thanks for posting some links snaggly, there are some great recipes on those sites and well worth trying out.
I know tomorrow’s going to be challenging for a few people because of all the super bowl parties, so good luck everyone! I’m going to make spicy turkey chili and a nice salad.
Wow 215lbs..... wow wow wow... speechless, great job, I am still in the two hundreds...hmmmm. I better stop cheating.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #242  

Height: 5ft 7

Snaggly - the tandoori chicken was YUMMY. I had a side dish of okra - and no rice or nan bread. It was great.

Back to a couple of PP days tomorrow.... am going to cook a couple of omelettes to have cold for packed lunches.

Forgot to weigh myself this week so will wait now until Thursday. Unfortunately going out for dinner on Wednesday evening - whoops!

Overall though continuing to do well. Lovely to see lots of new people starting with Dukan - it really does work.

9Jachic - waiting for the noodles to arrive - will feedback results lol

Have a great Dukan week everyone!

Flora x
Old 02-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #243  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Just now had a min. to run by and say happy Sunday...Hope you all are doing good...Today is day 5 on the attack phase and my weight is the same as yesterday..and as the book stated i am constipated...Hope that will ease up, taking some metamucil ..Still down 7.5...starting to feel like i want more then just protein but will stick it out another day and see how i feel after that...The book suggests 7-10 days.If I can make it to 7, I will be happy...
Looking forward to the cruise phase..Dreaming of my 1st vegtable..What will it be....

Flora,...I love omlettes..Thats a good choice..Good luck with the noodles. Can not wait to see how you like them...

9jachic....I love my slow cooker to..I use it several times a week..I am just a lazy cook and that does it for me....and little mess...
Old 02-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 170/130/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone!

I haven't had a chance to check in for a few days but I've been good! Had a good few days but weight loss has slowed down the last couple of days - but I am probably approaching ToM so that's not surprising.

A big welcome to Anna and Claire - Anna, nice to have another Aussie on board (IIRC, snaggly is also Aussie). This forum is great for encouragement and ideas. I look forward to hearing how everyone's diets are going.

Kerri - congrats on getting under 200! Well done. 150 is my next milestone - which will be under 70K for me.

9jachic, I think 1.5 lbs per week is good! I am probably averaging slightly under that. I know it would be nice to go faster but steady is good!

I'm afraid I'm too impatient to weight once a week - but I do keep track of my weekly losses while on Cruise.

Kerri - Well done with your long Attack. I understand your craving for vegies - I had a four day attack and was really hanging out for them after that. Try rhubarb for the constipation.

I don't mind the trips to the loo in the night - I know it will mean a lower weight in the morning!

Oh! I had my first 'not in the know' person notice my weight loss on the weekend! That was exciting and enouraging! Then a friend noticed but proceeded to tell me how she weighs less then me!

Last edited by Filcha; 02-05-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #245  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filcha View Post
Hi everyone!

I haven't had a chance to check in for a few days but I've been good! Had a good few days but weight loss has slowed down the last couple of days - but I am probably approaching ToM so that's not surprising.

A big welcome to Anna and Claire - Anna, nice to have another Aussie on board (IIRC, snaggly is also Aussie). This forum is great for encouragement and ideas. I look forward to hearing how everyone's diets are going.

Kerri - congrats on getting under 200! Well done. 150 is my next milestone - which will be under 70K for me.

9jachic, I think 1.5 lbs per week is good! I am probably averaging slightly under that. I know it would be nice to go faster but steady is good!

I'm afraid I'm too impatient to weight once a week - but I do keep track of my weekly losses while on Cruise.

Kerri - Well done with your long Attack. I understand your craving for vegies - I had a four day attack and was really hanging out for them after that. Try rhubarb for the constipation.

I don't mind the trips to the loo in the night - I know it will mean a lower weight in the morning!

Oh! I had my first 'not in the know' person notice my weight loss on the weekend! That was exciting and enouraging! Then a friend noticed but proceeded to tell me how she weighs less then me!
I don't like that "friend" at all.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #246  

No! Don't worry - she's not much smaller than me - I'm going to catch her soon!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

Missed you... I am the secreatry on a board and we are having our annual meeting tonight so I had to spend the weekend getting my "ducks in a row".

I made up some chicken for the week so I am set there. I love slow cookers too.

I guess I will have to order those noodles too - can't find them anywhere.

Anna and Claire

The Pumpkin Bread looks good 9jachic but most of the recipes I like all have the oat bran and I know I would eat way more of that than I should....I guess I need to learn how to use my "put in plastic and suck the air out" machine so I can make a variety and have it in the freezer.

Can you see a pattern....I need to stay on program !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 206/206/182

Height: 5 9

Hello ladies

I hope you like those noodles, i too bought about 20 packets as the postage was soooooooo high, i thought i should order quite a few. Personally, i couldn't eat them, i tried all ways but would end up throwing them out. I think it's the texture of them that didn't sit well with me, i can't eat mussels and things like that for the same reason, i was upset i didn't like them as they are very low in cals, carbs, fat etc, in fact i'm pretty sure they are zero carbs and fab! Let me know how you get on with them

Claire
Old 02-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #249  

Quote:
Originally Posted by loseforme View Post
Hello ladies

I hope you like those noodles, i too bought about 20 packets as the postage was soooooooo high, i thought i should order quite a few. Personally, i couldn't eat them, i tried all ways but would end up throwing them out. I think it's the texture of them that didn't sit well with me, i can't eat mussels and things like that for the same reason, i was upset i didn't like them as they are very low in cals, carbs, fat etc, in fact i'm pretty sure they are zero carbs and fab! Let me know how you get on with them

Claire
The noodles are definately an acquired taste, then again I heart oysters mussels etc. I would say not to expect the wheat based texture of "real" spagetti, its more gelatenous(sp). In terms of minimizing the "aroma". I would say to try the following steps. I know it really works for me- rinse, parboil, rinse again and allow to dry well in the strainer or after second rinse cook in whatever sauce you are eating in. It makes me feel like I am having some carbs

Last edited by 9jachic; 02-06-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: duh
Old 02-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #250  

Just thought i'd share this with you all, as i can't believe how little i've had to eat today, i normally can't stop snacking and with having two little ones find i finish off their leftovers etc but i'm not even tempted at the moment, i know it's early days with this diet but i just feel so excited about it. My jeans feel much better on me already and i can tell i've lost weight, i'm really looking forward to my weigh in on Thurday, as that will be my 7 days on 'attack'. i'm loving the little pancakes i'm making from the oat bran and feel i'm having a real treat when i eat them My 20 mins exercise today was pulling my little girl on her sledge as we have lots of lovely snow in the UK at the moment.

Hope everyone is doing well on thier plan.

Claire
Old 02-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #251  

Height: 5ft 7

Filcha - that isn't any "FRIEND"!!!!

The noodles are GREAT - had some for lunch with some mushrooms and egg. I like gelatinous so these are great for me. I was missing my soba noodles so these do the trick perfectly. Thanks for the recommendation!

Flora x
Old 02-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #252  

Has anyone tried the products made by 'Walden Farm' ? They appear to be calorie/carb/fat free they have salad dressings, dips, choc spread etc The products are made in USA so they are quite expensive for me to buy in the uk so your thoughts would be appreciated

thanks, Claire
Old 02-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #253  

Just a note on the noodles...

I got mine from an Asian grocery store. There are quite a few of those in Aus, not sure about the USA. Look in the fridge for them. I think a little dearer than ordering online but no postage and I could just get a couple of packets to try.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #254  

So Ladies, Whats for dinner?

I am having left over pot roast tonight but think I am going to make Moussaka for dinner tomorrow. Anyone have a dukan friendly recipe?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 82/63/65 kg

Height: 160 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9jachic View Post
So Ladies, Whats for dinner?

I am having left over pot roast tonight but think I am going to make Moussaka for dinner tomorrow. Anyone have a dukan friendly recipe?
Hi 9Jachic,
I made the most amazing Dukan friendly Moussaka on the weekend and I'm happy to share the recipe
The only problem is that I'm at work (it's 2 p.m. in Melbourne) so whenI get home in about 4 more hours I'll definitely post the recipe.

It takes around 2-3 hours to prepare that's why I made it on the weekend or maybe over two nights, make the sauce one day and finish off the next day.

I'm Greek and have tasted my fair share of Moussakas and this is one of the best recipies even after adapting it. It is well worth the effort.

I'll try and upload a photo with it if I can!

Anna

Last edited by amak30; 02-06-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Closed Thread