Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

Filcha Ballroom dancing...for fun. Do you watch the Dancing with the Stars show when it is on TV?

amak30
Old 02-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #227  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Good morning to all.... I am here and on day 2..205 on the scale this morning...(nude) getting rid of water fast...I did go to bed with a headache and woke with one also..Hope that will end soon..

I need to lose mostly for health reasons..Very bad back (Dr.says its from carrying the fat belly around) BP is up and lots of arthritis all over..

Filcha....I will hope to stay on attack for the whole 7 days...but I will be so happy if i can make the 5 day...I have alot to lose..

BBL
Old 02-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 82/63/65 kg

Height: 160 cm

Thank you for the welcome Samadhi and Snaggly, I look forward to regular updates.
Some of my experiences/challenges so far.....

Constipation was an issue after day three so I've started taking psyllium dissolved in a glass of water every day and it works!

I use stevia as a sweetener as I'm concerned about chemical sweeteners, it's really good

What I miss most is my toast and jam for breakfast so I've made a bread recipe that I found on-line which is ok but I still miss something sweet

I've researched vegetable jams and have found a couple of recipes but they need sugar free pectin which I could only buy on-line so I'm waiting for my delivery. I'll let you know how I go

In the meantime I've stewed rhubarb with some stevia and cinammon and am using that as a spread, it's not too bad it's also delicious on plain yoghurt

I haven't been able to find quark or fromage frais in Melbourne so I'm improvising with mixing low fat yoghurt, cottage cheese and ricotta depending on how I feel. It's all worked well so far

My favourite and least like "diet" food so far is quiche lorraine which I made in a muffin tray and made mini quiches, delicious hot and cold left-overs for lunch the next day.

I'm experimenting on a couple of recipes this weekend and will post them on here if they work out.

I am hoping to lose between 1/2 and 3/4 kg every week so at this stage I'll probably be on cruise for 10-12 weeks

Thanks again and let's all keep up the good work!!!!
Anna

Last edited by amak30; 02-02-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #229  
Kerri

Hi Anna,... I am also new here...Glad to meet you and will look forward to all idea's to help me succeed..Congrats to you on the weight lose...This is my
2ND day of the attack phase.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #230  

Glad to meet you too Kerri and its good to have others to share the journey with.
I'm half way through day 7 (2nd day of cruise PP day) and am feeling a bit lethargic and light-headed as well as having this awful metalic taste ony mouth.
Anyone else experience these stmptoms and if so how long did they last? (please don't tell me all the way through cruise)

Last edited by amak30; 02-02-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:19 AM   #231  

Height: 5ft 7

Welcome to all the newbies!

9Jachic - thanks for the info on the noodles. I have ordered some and await them with interest. I had better like them - have ordered 20 packets lol

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but I am sticking to the diet. Going out for a curry with friends on Saturday though - so will have to be careful. Tandoori chicken for me with no rice I think!

amak30 - the taste goes once you reintroduce vegetables but occasionally I have that on some PP days. I tend to suck a sugar free sweet which helps.

Flora x
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 206/206/182

Height: 5 9

Hi eveyone, i'm new to tjhis diet and this site, i did post something in 'other reduced carb diets' but didn't get a reply

I'm looking around this site for idea's for meals and recipes but can't seem to find any, i've ordered the Dukan diet book and the recipe one too but really stuck until they arrive

A little about me, i've always had a weight issue and during varios stages of my life have been slim to VERY overweight, i struggle with losing weight as i have a huge appetite and a sweet tooth.

Anyway, i'd love to be able to join your group (if i'm allowed :-) ) and swap ieda's and menu plans, along with support.

x
Old 02-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #233  
Kerri

Good morning....This is day 3 on Attack...weight 101.5 now down 5.5 in 3 days..I have not slept in the last 2 nights..all I do is run to the bathroom...losing Water water...I skipped my water pill today thought I did not need it the way I've been running...Lets see if it makes a difference on the scale..

loseforme...You don't realy need recipes during the Attack phase just eat protein..I hope you get your book soon and I wish you luck as I am new to this plan also...

Anna.. Flora is correct it will go away..I had the same problem when I was on Atkins phase one...

Have a great Friday...BBL
Old 02-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 236/224/160

Height: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora37 View Post
Welcome to all the newbies!

9Jachic - thanks for the info on the noodles. I have ordered some and await them with interest. I had better like them - have ordered 20 packets lol

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but I am sticking to the diet. Going out for a curry with friends on Saturday though - so will have to be careful. Tandoori chicken for me with no rice I think!

amak30 - the taste goes once you reintroduce vegetables but occasionally I have that on some PP days. I tend to suck a sugar free sweet which helps.

Flora x
Omg, 20 packets. I feel the pressure now. I hope you like them. Don't expect spaghetti taste..... remember to cook it in a sauce since it absorbs the flavor.

I am basically losing about 1.5lbs a week and I dont know how to feel about that. ActuallyI do. I want to lose more weight. darn it. I have my weigh tomorrow, I hope I drop something, anything at all.

Keep going guys
Old 02-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #235  

Trying again to post the links:

www.mydukandiary.com
www.mydukandiet.com
www.dukandietrecipes.co.uk

Hopefully it works!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:34 AM   #236  

Hi Loseforme and welcome. I'm new to this forum and to the diet too and am enjoying reading all the comments.

Yesterday was a pretty bad day, I felt lightheaded and had a terrible taste in my mouth. Today was a PV day and its been a lot better. I'm not as dizzy but I still have a bad taste.

We live near many cafes and it's been killing me not to go out for my coffee and pastry. Anyway, today I was determined to get a meal at a cafe so I ordered poached eggs and salad without dressing and a skim milk coffee. I made up my own salad dressing with lemon juice balsamic vinegar oregano and garlic powder. I put it in an empty pill container and poured it on my salad when my meal arrived. It was perfect, I really enjoyed the outing and my lunch.
Tonight for dinner I made a very yummy moussaka (basically lasagne with eggplant layers instead of pasta sheets).

I adapted the recipe from a Greek cookbook and you couldnt tell that it was "diet" food. If anyone is interested I'll post the recipe

Kerri fabulous effort so far and I can really identify with the many trips to the toilet at night. Not sure if there's a solution

Anna
Old 02-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #237  
Kerri

Good morning...starting day 4 on attack....I am dancing..
I have made a visit to ONEderland...I hope it will not be just a visit..I want to stay awhile...The scale was at 199.5..YIKES....down 7.5..I am a happy gal this morning..

Snaggly...Good job posting those links..

Anna ...So glad you got to have your Cafe meal...I would love the recipe..Some day when I am finished with the attack phase I will be able to eat other things.....

What are you all going to have on Super Bowl Sunday?....I am on my way to shop..I will wrap bacon around Scallops and bake..Galette Canoli for desert...
Old 02-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 206/206/182

Height: 5 9

Hello everyone, and thank you for your warm welcome

I'm doing ok, despite my books not being here yet. I'm really enjoying using the bran to use as pancakes which i'm finding very helpful for my sweet tooth. I too have had the odd headache, but decided to take a couple of tablets and i felt a lot better. normally, i pick all day, it drives me mad as i always to to lose weight but i'm finding i'm not as hungry, which is really something for me! I've had some lovely king prawns for dinner this evening, cooked with lots of garlic powder and chilli flakes, i had some fat free cottage cheese with chives to go with this and it was really lovely, i enjoyed it lots.

I haven't been weighed yet as only day 3 for me but i feel as if my tummy has gone down a little, so am feeling very motivated.

How are you all getting on?

Claire
x
Old 02-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #239  
hmw

S/C/G: 236/222/190

Height: 6ft

Wow things are picking up around here! Big Welcome to all the newbies nice of you all to join us!
Congratulations Kerri on getting out of the 200’s!
Thanks for posting some links snaggly, there are some great recipes on those sites and well worth trying out.
I know tomorrow’s going to be challenging for a few people because of all the super bowl parties, so good luck everyone! I’m going to make spicy turkey chili and a nice salad.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 236/224/160

Height: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggly View Post
Trying again to post the links:

www.mydukandiary.com
www.mydukandiet.com
www.dukandietrecipes.co.uk

Hopefully it works!
mydukandiary.com is great, I got an awesome pumpkin bread recipe. I copied it here. Its good for the cruise phase. I don't eat eggs but I used tofu instead. I suspect that I am eating too much, which is why I am not loosing weight so I will have to start counting calories. The is recipe below.

I love my slow cooker, I just made a yummy chicken stew with tons of dukan approved vegetables and my apartment smells delish, I cant wait to dig in. I wlll have it with some shirataki noodles.

Welcome to all the newbies, I am so glad to be a part of this group, Its great to know that someone else understands the challenge you are going through.

Dukan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Makes approx 12 slices

Suitable for Cruise PV

300g Butternut Pumpkin

9 level tbsp Oat Bran

9 level tbsp Wheat Bran

3 tsp Baking Powder

2 tsp Dried Oregano

2 tsp Dried Sage

75g Cottage Cheese

1/4 cup Skim Milk

2 Eggs, lightly beaten

Freshly Cracked Black Pepper

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.

2. Peel and cut the pumpkin. Steam until soft (I microwaved mine for 5 minutes with a little bit of water).

3. Mash the Pumpkin with a fork and allow to cool.

4. Place pumpkin in a large bowl and add all the other ingredients. Mix well until thoroughly combined.

5. Transfer mixture to a loaf pan. I used a silicone one so I didn’t need to grease it at all. Smooth flat with a spatula.

6. Bake for 45 minutes.

7. Allow to cool for a while in the loaf pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool…Or if you can’t wait, cut off a little slice right then and there!
Closed Thread