Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #91  

Height: 5ft 7

Samadhi - weather today was rainy and very very grey with lots of ominous clouds. Maybe snow tomorrow though!

Welcome DC Hound. Good to have others joining this thread.

Only lost 1lb this week. No idea why. Didn't do anything different. If anything I have eaten less! Maybe water retention... but the great news is that I have now lost 37lbs - something I don't think I would have believed possible. Nearly half way!

I have made 2 Christmas cakes so far, need to bake 2 more (as gifts). I have not been at all tempted yet!!!

Flora x
Old 12-16-2011, 06:02 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 138/128/108

Height: 5" 1"

Just popping in to say hello. Started Dukan-ing just over 2 weeks ago and after buying the book decided to work my weightloss with Dukan as a blueprint. I found this thread (and its predecessor) and have found it such an inspiration - congratulations to all of you, for the weight lost and the consistency at staying at it. It has been really inspirational.

For my part, I have just let the weight creep up on me. I eat well, but then I also when tired/bored/stressed have allowed myself to eat cr*p aswell - I am a sucker in those humours for vending machine food Eating for no reason whatsoever and then still finding myself hungry and having something else. I have never had much of a sweet tooth - I'd pick garlic cheese fries over a dessert any day but I think my diet was so full of simple carbs that it made my appetite ferocious. I never felt 'full' for long.

I calculated my 'true weight' on the Dukan site, but didn't sign up for coaching, and it came out at 108 which almost seems too good to be true, but then before I started this job where I sit all day my regular weight for years was 100lbs, and I never particularly thought about my weight. I started this job 8 years ago (now 32) and the weight has crept up with the stress. I used to drink a lot of fizzy drinks or sodas and have something from the vending machine when work got stressful and I managed to quit sodas altogether a couple of years ago as I personally have big issues with artificial sweetners so I bit that bullet and have managed to stick at that. Honestly, I even find juice too sweet now and mainly drink water, or water with freshly squeezed lime/lemon juice. So I managed to make that change. The next was to cut out the cr*p, the snacks, since the rest of the time I eat really well - no processed food, good quality ingredients and I have a real love of cooking and experimenting with ingredients. However, I found this challenge much, much harder. If I cut back calories and exercised more I was still hungry (and I am a titch of a thing, even with this extra 2 stone of fat I am carrying around, and I have the appetite of a solidly built man!). What was worse, even though I wanted not to have snacks when I got stressed out I couldn't stop myself so I would have to go without dinner or whatever to try keep the calories down for the day. So, after trying this approach for the past year but not finding it made much difference to my weight, I knew I needed to try something different.

I started the Attack phase 2 weeks ago for 2 days as recommended by the site, and then have been in Cruise since. I don't know what I specifically lost in the Attack phase as I didn't want to look at the scales and think it wasn't working, but I have lost 7 1/2 lbs in the past fortnight which I am very happy with. The absolute best thing though is the effect on my appetite. I feel 'full' pretty much all the time, I am eating all meals and I have got rid of all my cravings. I can be under pressure at work and pass that machine and ignore it! I had to cheat once, at a funeral where there was a complete spread of food - sandwiches, cakes etc - and I wasn't going to have anything but the priest was handing out the stuff and insisted I have one of the home-made minces pie of which I ate half. It was waaaaay too sweet for me! So, I figure I couldn't have done much about that and it didn't derail me so I didn't beat myself up over it.

The other thing a bit different for this Cruise phase is that it is proving much easier for me to break up the PP/PV days into Breakfast & Lunch PP and Dinner PV everyday at the moment. I do worry that it is not completely by the book but it hasn't impeded my weightloss so far and in the NY (I just want to get over Christmas!!) I am going to put more thought into PV breakfast and lunches - I have to brown bag these and I am so busy that it is just easier for me to throw meat & cottage cheese into a couple of containers for these meals than figure out and make up a couple of salads or soup. Once I have my evenings back to myself and free of social obligations I will be able to put some more thought and preparation into these meals!

Last edited by Thelittlestbobo; 12-16-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

Flora tomorrow is my baking day - cookies and more cookies, pumpkin bread....

I have decided not to worry so much about the food and the holiday. I find when I do I think about food all the time and we know that isn't good!!

I will stay on Dukan but may have a cookie or carb a couple of times over the next week and a half.

Thelittlestbobo - GREAT weight loss so far.
Quote:
Once I have my evenings back to myself and free of social obligations
This is where I am at too. Just so much going on and I know I can take off any pounds I "may" put on over the next week with Dukan. I won't be quitting Dukan just might have a few "off" plan things. I feel less stress already just telling you all that I am going to do this.

Quote:
For my part, I have just let the weight creep up on me. I eat well, but then I also when tired/bored/stressed have allowed myself to eat cr*p aswell
This is me as well. I have to concentrate working on the tired/bored/stressed part and then healthy eating follows.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #94  

Thanks for the welcome Samadhi

The holidays are going to be a challenge aren't they? Since I am at the start of my Dukan journey I am trying to plan my cheats over the few days. Christmas day and NY's day are going to be the biggest challenges but I am already planing to have PV days - eggs with asparagus wrapped in lean parma ham for breakfast; turkey, ham, turkey gravy (made from stock so should be low fat, and I will limit the salt), home-made pork stuffing (not ideal but little filler) and then sprouts and celery on the side. I will leave the potatoes cause, really, I can have potatoes at any time of year and when I get to having celebration meals it will really be a big deal to bring them back!. For dessert though I am going to cave in to the Christmas pudding. On the plus side this isn't very sugary (unlike the trifle which is the other offering), it is filling and I will have it with a low fat cream instead of ice-cream/whipped cream/brandy butter. Pudding is one of those things that really is an annual event so I will feel really indulgent just having one portion and then the low-fat cream isn't so bad then with it. If there is room for supper I will have some more turkey and ham later on and leave it at that. If I am full from all that, and I should be, then staying away from the sweet treats won't feel like a big deal!

Typical of me to start so close to the holidays but I will be away on honeymoon in the middle of Jan (we waited a while so it will be special) so that is extra incentive to not give in too much over the few days. It isn't easy though. I had a work Christmas lunch yesterday and ended up just having 5 prawns and a steak while everyone around had fabulous starters and mains, loads of wine and the desserts did look great. I stuck with it though and was rewarded with a 1lb loss on the scales this morning so the sacrifice was worth it!! It was hard though - everyone so relaxed and enjoying themselves and I felt a bit restrained and conscious of my food but I stuck with it.

Last edited by Thelittlestbobo; 12-16-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #95  

Well, I had a couple of cookies...but no matter what am DUKAN....I may stray over the next week but I know this works and will take my "off Dukan's" in stride and keep on keeping on.....
Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #96  

Doing way better today...feel better too being back on program.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #97  

Well done Samadhi! Keep sticking with it!

Am totally de-motivated today. Still Dukan-ing, haven't cheated, but feel really *bleurgh* and flat. I am tired so that might have something to do with it. Would love some comfort food though, but won't.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #98  

I am holding at 240......BUT considering what I have been eating I call it a WIN!!!!

I know what you mean Thelittlestbobo, sometimes you just want to eat "fun" stuff. However, as I posted before when I gave into sugar it really triggered a binge plus I felt lethargic afterwards. It took a couple of days of "clean" eating to get over it. NOT good but then good because it showed me how sugar made me feel and I didn't like it.

I am finding if I stay away from sugar and drink that water, I can hang in there and feel good about myself.

I am grateful for:
Hugs
Chicken
Sun
Computer
Broccoli
Coffee with friends

Quote:
Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis

Old 12-21-2011, 03:55 AM   #99  

Welcome The Littlest Bobo - great weight loss so far! I like your plan for Xmas.

Samadhi - Know what you mean about sugar - had to eat Indian food last night (partner's work Xmas party) - avoided rice - but the food was packed with sugar and today I feel like someone hit me in the head.

My weigh in day is tomorrow... so let's see where I have got to.

Flora x
Old 12-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #100  

Woohoo another 2lb down! Nice motivation!!

Thanks for the reminder of how bad sugar can make one feel! I have really gone off the taste so I think it is just the idea of it that is attractive. Have been drinking tea with a drop of skimmed milk as a change in this cold weather and my sister made me one with sugar in which I didn't realise until I tasted it. It was disgusting!! Waaay too sweet!

Congrats Samadhi on sticking at the 240 and good luck Flora with the weigh in
Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #101  

I need to follow your example Littlest Bobo - I ate some cookies!!!!

One of my long time dear friends was put in hospice - they give her about two weeks. I feel so "I don't care" right now. I am going to see her next Tuesday with another one of our friends. I live three hours from them so it took a little planning. I have a million hysterical stories from knowing her.

Flora, how was weigh in?

I am going to try and hold at my current weight until next Thursday...then back to STRICTLY Dukan.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #102  

Lost 3lbs this week - but have since had Christmas. I had a tiny box of Chocolate gingers (very off plan) but otherwise stuck to Dukan.
Will see what damage those gingers caused soon....

Samadhi - so sorry to hear your sad news about your friend. I hope you have the opportunity to spend some time together this week.

Christmas wishes to everyone!
Flora x
Old 12-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #103  
4ever Dieter

S/C/G: 210/185/140

Height: 5"3 1/2

Default Ahhhh!

Well peeps... I am still demotivated... but mostly it is due to anxiety and the limitations I am currently battling with the accident... I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked... and with all the holiday parties, and the holidays. I am pretty sure I totally ruined any potentially progress I made.

So I vow that before the NY starts, even if it is the morning of the 31st, I *WILL* start DD again and be successful. I just need to plan and put a good plan into effect...

So some help pls what sort of meal plans do you suggest? I love hot dog wieners, I do not suppose there is a 'healthy' version of those that are DD allowable?

What is the most affordable way to do this lifestyle change?
Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys! It's great to see that you are still sticking to Dukan, and are having great results! I've not been here for 3 months according to this, which is shameful. I was on Dukan until October, but then I kind of just fell into consolidation and then started eating normally again. I've still got a bit of weight to lose, but I didn't gain any which is great! I'm just going to start at the beginning again, so here I am on my first day of attack... again.

Wish me luck!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #105  

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am back from my totally NOT Dukan last few days.

But I am now ready to buckle down and make some changes. I didn't even get my water in each day as I was traveling...didn't know when the next bathroom would be available so I had to be careful.

Flora, good for you on the 3 lbs.....

Double D 4ever glad you are back. After the holidays I think we are all have to RE-lose a couple of pounds.

Good luck and welcome back, yossarianlives. You did have a success since you didn't gain any back.

I do best when I keep on task daily, including posting here and reading your posts. So POST!!!!

I am grateful for:
Health
Job
Family
Car
Friends
IPhone
Quote:
I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.

-Mae West
Closed Thread