Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 170/130/135

Height: 5' 4"

It is my understanding that you need only do 20 mins and there is no benefit to doing more but I think it is okay to do more. Some of the more experienced Dukaners maybe able to give a more definite reply. (I'm still reading through my book.)

Oh, and welcome!

Last edited by Filcha; 01-18-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 236/224/160

Height: 58

Hi everyone,

Today was my birthday and I totally went off the Dukan, in fact, I have been out to dinner a 3 nights in a row. Tried to stay on the diet but was super hard. Getting back on track tomorrow. pretty sure that i put some weight on, the funny thing is anytime I eat something outside of the dukan plan i feel horribly weighed down and nauseated, you would think I would learn, right?

Anyway, still aiming for 220 by end of this month. Gonna get back on track and hopefully stay strong. Stay strong and keep everyone.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #183  

Height: 5ft 7

9Jachic - Happy Birthday!

Snaggly - Welcome!

I've been on Dukan since September and don't worry too much about the exercise component either way - some days I do more and others less. I still lose every week unless I have deviated from the diet a lot!

Latest news - I dropped a skirt size again and also a bra cup size! (sorry if TMI for some of you!)

Flora x
Old 01-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #184  
hmw

S/C/G: 236/222/190

Height: 6ft

@9Jachic - It’s a day late but Happy Birthday!!! You’ll get to 220 by end of this month, just hang in their! I’m aiming for the same!

@Flora - That’s great! I’m so happy to hear that you’ve dropped a skirt size again!!! It’s always encouraging to see people having success with the diet.

@Snaggly - Welcome!
I started the diet around the same time as 9Jachic and at the same weight, we’re still about the same in weight loss. I don’t know what her exercise plan is, but I used to do about an hour a day, and I lost about the same amount of weight as other people during that part of the diet. So doing more exercise didn’t help or hurt me. Now that my treadmill gave out on me I’m doing the walk at home videos, 20 to 30 minutes a day.
As far as counting calories, I don’t do that because the book recommended not to. I just look at the carb and salt content in things that I eat. I think it says somewhere in the book that you’re going to eat more in the beginning and slowly progress to eating a balanced amount after the first phase of the diet.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #185  

Thanks everyone for the bday wishes, I appreciate it. Its been a whole load of celebration. I tried to be good but really could have done a better job BUT I am getting back on track today.

You guys are doing really well Bravo to all of you.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #186  
hmw

@Snaggly - Sounds like your off to a great start!

@9Jachic - Good to see that your B-day went well and your getting back on the wagon! :

I thought lean lunch ham rolls was a good idea for snacks but the lean lunch ham that I found had more salt in it that the regular ham… ugh

So found 2 turkey bacon recipe for the diet. One recommended using that pre-cooked bacon and soy cheese. Well I think that pre-cooked bacon taste like coffee, and I can not find soy cheese. So I’ve changed it up a bit.

One lb. turkey bacon - uncooked cut package in half
Cream Cheese - fat free
Egg whites
Muffin Tin

As seen in the attached picture. First layer two pieces of bacon in the muffin tin. Next add one spoon of cream cheese. Then fold it over to cover center, or you can add another piece of bacon to the center to cover it. Not pictured, add your egg whites this will hold it together. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Last in the picture is what it looks like when it's done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_3456.JPG (43.5 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by hmw; 01-21-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #187  

@hmw....hmmm that looks great. yum
Old 01-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #188  

Hi all,

Congrats Flora on your size drop. This morning I found that my belt didn't have enough holes in it so that was really the first sign that I'm making progress. After a great Week 2 on Cruise I'm in another stall phase at the moment - only lost 1/2 lb over the last 4 days but I know to hang in there as it will hopefully drop again shortly!

My main problem with this diet is keeping up the food supply to DH when he is not allowed any 'fillers'! I had a bit of a cook up yesterday. Shall post my recipe for Oat bran and goji mini muffins when I fine tune it a little more...
Old 01-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #189  

Hello all and thanks for the continued encouragement.

Filcha - can't wait to see the muffin recipe!

Snaggly - you did well on the attack phase - keep on going!

hmw - have to say I don't much like turkey bacon or soy cheese! I did buy a HUGE piece of uncooked turkey fillet at the weekend which I am going to cook and slice to eat cold. Actually that is one of the Dukan "tricks" I often do - eating cold food which helps in weight loss.

Tonight we had grilled plaice fillet which was yummy and I made a sauce with fresh coriander and skim milk. Tomorrow we are out for dinner so probably a big salad for me.

Samadhi - hope all OK with you?

Flora x
Old 01-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #190  
hmw

@Flora - I didn’t know cold foods can help in weight loss! Hmm…I’m going to have to try that. Thanks! I’d like to know more about these “tricks” you speak of. Please, hehe
Old 01-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #191  

@hmw, I am so proud of you. I cant believe you reached 221. That is freaking awesome, in fact darn superbly awesome, I kind of stalled on mine but that can be attributed to getting of course last week. I am now back on track. You have motivated me so much that you have no idea. great job and so happy for you. Bravo Zulu.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #192  

hmw - apparently when you eat cold foods your body has to work harder to warm them to body temperature and uses up more calories. Another reason why we all put on weight in cold weather when we eat warm food all the time.

Another dukan "trick" is to eat asparagus, artichoke or eggplant as they are natural diuretics and will help you to lose water weight without taking diuretic tablets.

Flora x
Old 01-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #193  
hmw

@9jachic - That has made my day! Thank you so much! I’m glad it is motivating you as well, because your not that far from 221! You can get there in not time, just like you’ve done to lose those first 11 pounds. You can do it!

@Flora -That sounds like a good plan. I’ve at cold foods all day and I’m trying that for this week to see how my weight reacts to it. Thanks for sharing your tricks of the trade with us!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

snaggly I am there with you...I have been having a terrible time with that also. I have been trying to figure out what to do because I was so happy with the weight loss on Dukan but my body can't take the constipation.

Today I made my eggs & ham by using a few drops of Olive Oil and WA LAH....guess what happened???????????????

Quote:
Latest news - I dropped a skirt size again and also a bra cup size! (sorry if TMI for some of you!)
Between us there is never TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9jachic
Sorry I missed your birthday - I was probably in the bathroom!

HELP
I need a snack...like Dorito's or popcorn.......but Dukan approved.

I eat a large breakfast and lunch because I prefer not to eat at night. I get up at 4AM, work until 5PM, go to the gym until 6PM then home to get ready for the next day. I go to bed early - 8:30PM so I don't want to eat much at night but have need for a small snack...I have been having turkey or some other protein but am really missing a crunch....any ideas?

Have any of you tried Atkins???? I know it allows fat and am wondering if that if what my body needs to "poo"....

I am SO grateful for all of you and this thread....
Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #195  

Snaggly,

Have you tried the optional 1 tablespoon of wheat bran in addition to the 2 tablespoons of oat bran? Rhubarb is very easy to cook up - I've been cooking it each week although I don't get to eat much of it - DH gets there first!

I'm just a bit worried if you add in fruit and grains (other than the brans) as it may knock you out of ketosis. I generally only do 2 or sometimes 3 PP days per week, I think the veggie days and brans help keep me 'semi-regular'.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you don't really have that much further to go!

Last edited by Filcha; 01-24-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Closed Thread