Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #211  
hmw

S/C/G: 236/222/190

Height: 6ft

I made it out of obesity and into a overweight BMI range today!!!!!!

@Filcha - Your getting closer to your goal, hang in their! And try to keep a positive attitude about it. Enjoy setting up your new sig.!

@Samadhi -
maybe you should try to grill them. I don’t know if that would make them crispy though. Your just going to have to start rewarding your self with good foods and learning to say no. That was my biggest problem on any diet I’m ever tried, until I told my family and friends to stop putting food in my face that they know I can’t eat. Now I’ve got them nagging at me because I don’t exercise like I should.

@kerriscards - Welcome! I’m glad you decided to join in! This is a great place for help and support, there are some wonderful people on here and great advice givers. Good luck with the Attack phase.

Last edited by hmw; 01-30-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 170/130/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all and welcome to kerriscards!

Well I'm nearly back to the weight I was before I went away so a bit more cheerful today. Hopefully I can lose a little in the next couple of days as I would like to have a small nett loss for the week!

hmw - congrats on you BMI!

I wish I'd taken some body measurements at the start as although I haven't lost enough weight for anyone to notice yet, I can do the belt up another hole tighter!

Last edited by Filcha; 01-30-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 236/224/160

Height: 58

Hi beautiful ladies (don't think we have any guys yet)

You guys are doing super great as usual.

I am doing well (sort of), I do great during the week but this weekend I visited the parents in PA and alas the food was not Dukan approved but I reallllllly cut down my portions. Today was good and i am really going to focus on drinking more water and also getting the exercise in because I have not been doing that so well with that. I dropped a couple of lbs but I know that if I really am more focused on the diet then I will lose more weight but I am so glad that I have lost 13lbs since Jan 3. I hope that by Feb 3rd I will have lost 14lbs to 15lbs. My jeans actually zip up so I dont have to wear long sweaters to cover the fact that my zippers dont go up...lmao

@Kerri, welcome to the group, these guys here are awesome and they really motivate me so much and every time I feel down I come on here and read the great posts of weight loss success and it reinvigorates me.

@filcha, my philosophy is one day at a time so take a deep breathe and start afresh everyday but plan on being a bit more on plan than the day before. Practice makes better and the key is as long as you are consuming less calories than before the weight will fall off sooner or later.

@hmw, during my TOM my weight totally stalled and I felt frustrated but the weight came off a day afterwards. just drink tons of water and it will be good, The other thing my sister told me (she lost tons on Dukan) was to reduce salt intake during TOM, in fact, she had no salt and it helped.

Has anyone tried the Dukan bread or Shirataki noodles? awesomeness on a late. I just made beef with low sodium soy sauce and shirataki noodles. LOVE IT.

Have a great week everyone and welcome to all the newbies and all others who are still on fence and not yet joined. Just jump on in and say hi.

Good night ALL.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:07 AM   #214  

9jcachic - 13lbs since Jan 3 - you are doing well! I started Jan 1 and have lost 12lbs.

With regard to TOM - I found that I stalled for a few days before hand, but then lost a lot.

And thanks to you all - our daily chats here really do help to keep me motivated!

Last edited by Filcha; 01-31-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #215  

Height: 5ft 7

Hello everyone - sorry have been so busy last few days.

Can't add to the TOM discussion as had my ovaries out last year but I used to bloat like crazy and hold water weight so expect that any lack of loss is down to water weight.

9Jachic - what are shirataki noodles? Can I eat them???

Flora x
Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

Kerri I have found all this protein has helped me now want carbs. I think it is because I am just more satisfied.

snaggly How do you make your liver? I used to like it but had forgotten about it, until YOU!!! I was a vegetarian for 20+ years so doing Dukan has been quite a change. My mind just doesn't think "meat"!

hmw
Quote:
I made it out of obesity and into a overweight BMI range today!!
I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to be just like you!!!

Filcha
Quote:
Well I'm nearly back to the weight I was before I went away so a bit more cheerful today
I am working my way back to 240....have few to make up for my past blunders. Glad you are nearly there...

9jachic I blame my small gain partly on the food I had but also that I wasn't exercising...I was doing good walking at least 40 min a day on the but I also know I need to step it up more.

I always have the "time" excuse...have to get over that!!!

Hey Flora missed you while you were busy....

So...I am super swamped at work this week - 12 hour days at least but am still thinking of my "plan". So I am posting my quote from yesterday again to keep me focused.

Quote:
A goal without an action plan is a daydream.

- Nathaniel Branden

I am grateful for:
NO SNOW
Losing Weight
Treadmills
Water
Home

Old 01-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #217  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.. You are all doing so well that I know that if I stay around here I will do well also...I am almost afraid to think that I might do this with success after so many failures in the past.I know I need to do this for my health..The older we get and the closer to the end the scarier it becomes......I have been reading the old posts for tips Etc...I am looking forward to getting to know each one of you..

I have the kitchen ready, I hope so, all the junk out..Today I am headed to shop..Lots of meats and cottage cheese etc...The big start day will be 2/1/12

My big struggle will be the 1/2 and 1/2 in my morning coffee...I have tried skin milk, yuk I love my coffee creamy...My other hurdle is my evening cocktails, I always have a martini or 2 in the evening, this is a habit that will be hard to break after years and years..OK they say if I can stop doing anything for 21 days I will break that habit..

Have a wonderful day, BBL
Old 01-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora37 View Post
Hello everyone - sorry have been so busy last few days.

Can't add to the TOM discussion as had my ovaries out last year but I used to bloat like crazy and hold water weight so expect that any lack of loss is down to water weight.

9Jachic - what are shirataki noodles? Can I eat them???Flora x
Shirataki noodles is basically noodles made with tofu so you can eat it in all phases. You can get it in china town or wholefoods. It has a slight funky smell when you open the package but rinse it out really good and pop in microwave for a45 secs to nuke the "aroma" and then cook as usual. I have had spaghetti bolognese etc and I have not felt carb deprived at all. They only have 40 calories. This is the one I buy

http://www.shiratakinoodles.net/

I still miss the crunch so I started making kale chips, it is awesome and I also made some dukan bread. I can have sandwiches, bread pudding, toast. I am happy on Dukan (except when I cheat).....

Hope that answered your question
Old 01-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #219  

Hi all,

The reason I was so miserable at gaining weight when I went away was not because I went off plan! That would've been understandable! We didn't - maybe a couple of borderline things - ie, the prawns and scallops were a bit oily, but mostly I cooked and had brought my oat bran cookies and no fat yoghurt from home. Only one day we missed exercise - but the day before we did heaps! I couldn't really work out the reason except perhaps a bit more salt in the bought food than what we were used to and perhaps eating a little more - even though it was basically plan food.

I have also tried the Shirataki noodles, although I am not sure what I got were real ones - they said they were made from yam starch - but there was next to nothing in them, as far as fat, calories, etc. They were okay for a change - I must admit the smell put me off a bit. I rinsed them well - didn't know about the nuking trick. I have another packet at home - will try that next time. Is that after you've rinsed and drained them or before?

Finally got below my pre-trip weight! If all goes well my figures for the week (my cruise weeks end on Thursdays) shouldn't be TOO bad!

9jachic - what are kale chips?

Last edited by Filcha; 01-31-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #220  

urgh i typed a response and lost internet access so I lost it all.
anyway, rinse the noodles under cold water, nuke in microwave with water. drain water and cook with boullion(sp).

I got the Kale recipe from dukaneer forum. I have also followed the same recipe and used courgettes, spinach, parsnips and I pretty much throw any and all vege in the oven with spices and hope for some crunch....so far, tomatoes and eggplant comes out wet but I just add low fat ricotta to it and it taste great. I love roasted tomatoes with ricotta on top. delish.

http://www.dukaners.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9005

Last edited by 9jachic; 01-31-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: dyslexic...heheheh
Old 01-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #221  
hmw

S/C/G: 236/222/190

Height: 6ft

Thanks everyone! It really means a lot to have the support of others and it’s so motivation! Thank you!
I was wondering what shirataki noodles are to. Thanks for posting a link 9Jachic! I looked at the nutrition facts and I was shocked they don’t have salt in them!
Also I read somewhere that egg noodles are allowed, but when you compare the nutritional values shirataki noodles are way better for this diet. Thought that was interesting.
@Filcha- Cool 12 lbs. since January 1st, you’re making great progress!
@Flora – I hope that this week has started off good for you, and glad that you got a chance to post.
@Samadhi - Those 12 hour days are rough, but you’ll come up with a plan! Always keep your goal in mind!
@Kerri – Cleaning out the kitchen will help you a lot, especially during the attack phase.
@snaggly- The only thing I found about kidney stones is that the diet does not allow you to get the recommended amount of Potassium. The recommended amount lowers your risk of kidney stones.

Last edited by hmw; 01-31-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #222  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Well here I am day ONE..starting at 207 this am in the nude....My 1st galette..Yikes I loved it, all I wanted to do was to cover it in butter and syrup..No I didn't..I spread a laughing cow swiss...

I also love Kale and have it in the yard growing all the time. I will have to wait till after the attack phase..

Snaggly......The article I found blamed dehydration the most...Drink more water is what it said....I saw no connection to this way of eating.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

9jachic THANK YOU for the food tips. Can't wait to try the noodles and kale "chips".

Kerri I love Galetts too - I either have them plain or with cinnamin. Right now I am in love with the chocolate muffins so I am getting by Oat Bran that way this week.

I am thinking Shirataki noodles are going to broaden my eating horizons.

So, why are you losing weight? My reason is mostly health and secondly to look better. As I age I am becoming more aware than ever I need this body to keep me going so I had better start fixing it!!!

Have any of you every done belly dancing?

I am grateful for:
Kale
Computers
Books

Old 02-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #224  

Hi,

I had never heard of kale - shall have to see if I can find any in the shops.

The reason I want to lose weight? Same as you Samadhi - primarily health but looking better on the dance floor too. I realised my weight is probably my biggest health risk. No, I don't do belly dancing but hubbie and I do ballroom dancing.

Kerri - how many days do you have on attack?

Last edited by Filcha; 02-01-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 82/63/65 kg

Height: 160 cm

Hi Everone,
I live in Melbourne Aus, and I started this diet 6 days ago. I did the attack phase for 5 days and today was my first veg day, yeh! I didn't think I would ever miss a tomato so much!
I'm going to turn 58 at the end of March and my goal is to lose 12kg by then.

I've lost 2.5kg on the attack and am finding it easy to follow but I'm glad for the variety now.

I'm spending so much time in the kitchen that my husband commented last night "I've never seen you cook so much"

I've been reading the forum and the support from everyone is wonderful so I'll make sure I keep posting.
Wish me luck!
Anna
PS I'm new to this forum thing so how do you guys get all you graphics and charts on the bottom of your posts?
Closed Thread