Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

Filcha I do add the wheat...never made a difference. I drink 70 to 90 oz of water a day so that should be enough....I am in the bathroom ALL the time. Good thing my office is close to it!

I also drink coffee and in my thinner days that always worked too but NOT now! Of course I have never eaten this much protein before either.

Rhubarb - there is no such thing in Minnesota right now....

snaggly zucchini chips sound good.
Quote:
2PP day week with the other 5 days eating whatever you liked as an option in the cruise phase
I need to read the book again....that sounds VERY doable, I can make it two days.... Glad you mentioned this as it's good to have the option.

I need to understand ketosis more also... Hmmm so much to learn!

Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #197  

Height: 5ft 7

Here we can get rhubarb most of the year and I rely upon it. Also making sure I have plenty of green veggies on PV days. Only had constipation twice since September.

Went out for dinner last night and had crab cakes which were off plan but didn't fancy the salads. Never mind. Hope I stay the same weight this week and don't gain - it's all I can hope for!

I bought the urine test strips for ketosis and they NEVER showed me being in ketosis even when I have had weeks where I have lost 4lbs. So I don't really understand it. Too much science. I eat less carbs I lose weight. Simple really.

Flora x
Old 01-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #198  
hmw

S/C/G: 236/222/190

Height: 6ft

Oh my goodness, the whole bathroom problem has me concerned. Like ya’ll I’m trying anything I can think of to help me go. Pills for that ain’t working, upping the amount of oat bran to 3 tablespoons still hasn’t worked. Any one try that yogurt that helps you go?

But I think my bathroom problem might be because I’m doing 5 days of PP and 2 of PV in between, with only 20 minutes of walking if that. My treadmill retired its self last week, so I’ve cut back my exercise. I’m going to get the walk at home videos and give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora37 View Post
I eat less carbs I lose weight. Simple really.
^ And that is what I love about this diet!

@Samadhi - I’ve never done Atkins always tried the whole calorie counting thing or diet pills.

You might want to try oven roasted tomatoes, their a very good substitute for chips. I’ve tried baking everything to find a replacement for chips… it’s really difficult to cut out chips when my family keeps buying cheese doodles.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #199  

hmw - 5 days pp and only 2 x pp no wonder you are bunged up!!!! Have some diuretic vegetables like asparagus. Tinned will do.
Flora x
Old 01-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 170/130/135

Height: 5' 4"

hmw,

I've heard (book?) that you shouldn't do more PP than PV on cruise. That is probably a large part of your problem. I'd try 1/1 and see how that goes. You should still drop weight quickly (quicker than me with my 2/5 or sometimes 3/4) but you may also be able to 'drop' something else occasionally!

Oh BTW, I'm 33% there today!

Last edited by Filcha; 01-25-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #201  
hmw

@Filcha - Congrats on making the 33% mark! Well done!

Thanks, I'm going to give the 1/1 a try and hope that will help. I started out with the 5/5 the book talked about, then I just got used to the PP days and thats all I've wanted.

Last edited by hmw; 01-25-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #202  

hmw
Quote:
You might want to try oven roasted tomatoes, their a very good substitute for chips.
I LOVE tomato's...of course, once again - NONE here in MN except the anemic ones at the grocery store but they will have to do for now. Thanks...

Quote:
I eat less carbs I lose weight. Simple really.
My reason for loving it too....

I am going to "study" my book again....I have to get stocked up for next weeks food as my assistant at work will be on vacation so I will have to put in some long hours AND will be stressed.

I am grateful today for:
Dukan
This Thread - you have gotten me going again!!!
Family
Job
Good weather
Coffee
Old 01-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #203  

Hi Samadhi - glad you are back on plan. I love tomatoes too - I love to slice them thinly and season with black pepper and a dash of balsamic vinegar. No crunch that way though!

Lost 2lbs this week. Better than last week but going out for dinner twice has made a difference. But now in the 180s... the target is starting to look attainable!

hmw - agree that 5 days PP may not be the best way to deal with waste retention!

Flora x
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #204  

Okay I have my tomato's now what....every recipe I see says to use olive oil??????????????????????
Old 01-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #205  
hmw

@Flora - Congrats on the 2 lb. loss and getting into the 180‘s!

@Samadhi - If your baking them you can use parchment paper and they wont stick to the pan. I throw in some garlic with mine. it’s a great snack and easy to fix.

@ Snaggly - I’m glad to see that the 2/5 option is working for you and that your losing weight with that option.

Not trying to be too personal but during TOM and this diet does anyone else stop losing weight? It seems like I can’t lose any weight, but I’m not gaining either. Sorry it that’s too much.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #206  

Happy Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling better about this again so hopefully I can get my ticker moving...

I LOVE garlic also so this tomato snacking will be wonderful....

Congrats, snaggly and Flora on being losers this week.

hmw...probably holding on to all the fluids....when TOM is over you should be happy...in more ways than one!!!

"see ya" tomorrow....
Old 01-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #207  
hmw

I hope so...

Its awesome that your so excited about this diet! Good luck to you and everyone else this week!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 170/130/135

Height: 5' 4"

Been away for a few days - glad to see everyone is doing well! Flora, you seem to be roaring along! Snaggly, yes sometimes it is too hot for our nightly walks! Manage to get them in most days though. We have a cyclone up north so it maybe our turn for the rain shortly.

A little bit depressed today as we had a few days away and tried to stay on plan. Probably had a few 'borderline' things and missed exercise on 1 day but heavier on return. I'm HOPING that perhaps we had more salt than usual and the new weight will disappear by tomorrow. Otherwise I think I will have to do an extra day of PP for penance.

Well, I now have a sig showing up in my userCP, so should go set it up... even though I am no longer 1/3 the way there.

Last edited by Filcha; 01-29-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #209  

snaggly I have a very long way to go so I have to get on task. I am not good a doing things for myself, have a very stressful job and cave easily - using food for reward/comfort.

I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia many years ago and not happy about that .... but keep working on living with it as pain free as possible.

No, no no...Filcha not penance you will do PP because it will help you to your goal.

hmw I did the tomato thing but they were too "wet".... they taste good but aren't crispy!!

Maybe I will just have to live without crunch!!!!

Here's to all of us weighing less after this week.

I am grateful for:
Monday
Job
Possibilities

Quote:
A goal without an action plan is a daydream.

- Nathaniel Branden
I need to work on my action plan!!!

Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #210  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Default Newbee

Hello to you all..I have been reading the postings and lurking a bit..I have the book from the library and I am getting ready to start on the Attack phase. I don't want to pay to go on the Dukan web site so I thought I might join in here...I know help and support are important..
Trying to get the kitchen clean and will now make my shopping list..I am trying to motivate my brain...i have done more diets over the years than i can count..WW the most but being a carb addict its hard to control the points..I like LC but the fat always makes me sick because I have had my gallbladder out.The Dukan plan looks like it might work for me.
Closed Thread