Old 09-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 188/180.5/155

Height: 5'7

Default Thanks

Thanks Jen! Its good to hear that it gets a little easier. I do workout pretty hard. My HRM usually shows a calorie burn of 400-600 calories after a hour of working out. I will talk to them at my next WI.

Thanks again! I am so glad I found this site!

Angie
1busymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #227  

1busymom.

Hang in there, it will definately become easier.. Try to stay OP and you will be so happy you did..

I am on maintenance now, and do not drink all the HNS drinks, but when I did, I bought some from the Center, but also bought some when on sale from Diet Direct. Bought bars on sale there, also.

Where you do heavy exercise, bring that up to the consultant, as she may adjust your diet .. What diet are you on ? I was on Meta Slim, all thru losing weight.

Good luck to you, and I would not have made it without the support of everyone on this forum. If you have questions feel free to ask, and please keep us informed of your journey. It is well worth it.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Ok, I have to say that all the new posts added today are so inspiring. So many victories. This is just what I needed to see. YEA YOU GUYS!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #229  

Height: 5' 5"

My scale moved!!!!!!

Yesterday, my home scales read 157.8. This morning it was 156.6! I'm below 157!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm weighing in at lunch. We'll see how it goes.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
My scale moved!!!!!!

Yesterday, my home scales read 157.8. This morning it was 156.6! I'm below 157!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #231  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Congratulations, Jen!

Well, I certainly hope the scale with move for me downward today. My WI is today at 2:15pm. I think I am going to bring a pair of shorts to wear for it. My capri jeans surely would add way too much! LOL

I will report back to you all...no matter what I am hoping for at least a lb. lost, but 2 lbs would be really nice!

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #232  

Height: 5' 5"

Weighed in at lunch and their scales were kinder than mine.

156 pounds, baby!!!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #233  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1busymom View Post
Hello everyone,

I am on day 2. I lost 6 lbs on the preconditioning but gained it all back this weekend celebrating my bday. (I thought I did ok). Anyway, that stinks but I started the Days 1-4 yesterday. Its is hard to go with so little calories but thats how I ended up here right? Did any of you have trouble with too little calories? I feel like less than 1000 a day plus my workouts is bad. I am getting headached too. I asked the center and they suggested 2 more HNS each day. That can get expensive. Any thoughts for a newbie?
Have you talked to anyone about doing preconditioining for another couple of days? How long did you cheat over your birthday? If it was days, then it might be best to repeat a little.

As Jen says, the first two weeks are the worst, and especially if you cheated in there, you're still coming off caffeine, sugar, and carbs. It will be bad, but it does get better. I would bet the headaches are coming from withdrawals, not from hunger. I am never hungry on this diet, and I do about an hour of cardio 4-5 days a week. When I did this diet before, I did 45 min. of cardio 5 days a week plus a half hour of weights 5 days a week. With that, I did get hungry, and they suggested eating half a bar after my workout to give me some extra calories. You could tell them what you're doing exercise-wise and see what they suggest.

However, I think it's a bit too early, especially given some off plan eating, to start changing stuff up. I'd give it at least those two weeks and see if stuff improves. I know it's tough! Hang in there, and it will get easier!

Jen-- WOW! You're looking great. Congrats on the size 8 pants!

Candi-- Yea for the 90 lb. board! That's so amazing. Just think- 100 lbs. is coming up soon. That's such a huge accomplishment.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #234  

Default Loving this support

Thanks so much for all the input. I am loving that I found this site. It has given me the courage to go on and stay OP. (That sounds so silly but its true).

Jen: Congrats on the weight loss. I look forward to seeing the 150s again.

Patzi: Thanks for the support and kind words. I have been on plan today is day 3. I have a weigh in tomorrow so cross your fingers for me.

tkdtara84: Thanks for your support. I do appreciated it.

Angie
Old 09-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #235  

I forgot to mention, no headaches so far today. I will see how it goes after my workout!

Last edited by 1busymom; 09-28-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

I also felt hungry and headachy at first. Also very tired. I really thought i would have to quit. But one day I realized I felt better. In fact, I felt kind of great! I have read that the change from burning glucose for fuel to burning fat causes this period of adjustment. Try to get through this phase and make sure you eat ALL the protein, including the drinks. I didnt beleive it when i read people say they dont get hungry, but now it is happening to me. I do get hungry but at appropriate intervals and its not that oh-my-god-i-gotta- eat NOW feeling. Good luck!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #237  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Well, I was in for a surprise today at my WI....down 3 lbs.!! My counselor doesn't do the ounce numbers...just the whole number on the scale. Fine with me!!! LOL

So, on my drive back home I treated myself to a small chocolate frosty YUM!

I didn't quite meet my September goal....but I am still happy with my progress.

Keep it up ladies!!

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:57 AM   #238  

Jen...
You are doing so well. My goodness, down to 156. You are so dedicated and I applaud you for that. A great inspiration to everyone.

Tamikl...
So happy for your loss. I wonder why your counselor does not do the oz.There were many weeks I only lost .2 oz and I took that gladly.. 3 pounds
is a great weight loss.

I weigh in tomorrow,so hope I lost the 2 pounds I gained on maintenance Tuesday.

Everyone have a great day.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #239  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
My scale moved!!!!!!

my scale moved too!!!! just this am - i was so happy i was bouncing through the house!! 2 lbs down... i think i burned some calories dancing around!! i wanted to rush in immediatly to the center so it could be recorded but meetings got in the way. i may still drive over (45 min!) and hope it's still down. i followed i think your advice to stay OP and not give up and it happened. i love these boards and they keep me motivated.

Thank you again and congrats on losing . i can't wait till i'm where you are!! :-)
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #240  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
LOL Thanks, but I've been through this before. It's temporary. The thing is I'm a pear shaped gal that has a belly, butt, and thighs to work on. And truth be told, I haven't done any exercising since May which would help with those areas. From past experience, my body was easy to maintain at 140. So while this is a temporary setback, I'm not going to take the easy out and say "I'm good." I know I will be disappointed in myself and won't be happy. I have been visualizing the scale showing me my goal weight. I'm not going to stop till I get there.
you do look great Jen! everyone has their personal goals. i know when i did Wt. Watchers a few years back had 20 lbs to lose) this guy in the class said, you look great like you are. i remarked (before thinking) you should see me naked! i need to lose ! OMG, everyone started laughing and i turned red as a beet!!! i wear alot of black and am 5'8" so can disguise my weight sometimes w/ the right clothes. (pear shape also) plus wear really high heels to stretch it all out!! haha. but now have 35 to lose so please keep on motivating me to lose!! :-)
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote