Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #196  

Height: 5' 5"

Well, today is Day 8 of 157 pounds. Every day for the past 8 I have weighed everywhere from 157.0 to 157.8. My pants are baggy (need to pull out the size 8's from the back of the closet) and I can already tell my rings are going to need to be re-sized AGAIN. Sheesh! Oh, today is Day 3 of Meta-Quick and between yesterday and today I gained weight?! Really?! This has happened before but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. I will not go off plan. I am going to stick with it and do all I can to bust out of it, but grrrrrr!!!!!

That is all. Happy Monday!

Last edited by JenB72; 09-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

So impressed with your resolve. It WILL come off! Have they done a bodyfat check to see if you are retaining fluids?
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #198  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

after i typed that message, i grabbed my journal and started writing things down. you are exactly right.. i just got back from vacation last monday and still getting back in the swing of things workwise and MRC wise! :-) have my clipboard in front of me now - actually i need to get a binder and keep all my pages together. the journal will definitely help me get back on track. it was mostly water weight because i was down 2 lbs this am (after being back OP and drinking tons of water yesterday). i can do this!!!

thanks for the reminders and hope everyone has a great week!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #199  

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
So impressed with your resolve. It WILL come off! Have they done a bodyfat check to see if you are retaining fluids?
Did that last Monday and everything was normal and I had lost 2.5 inches in the previous 3 1/2 weeks. Go figure! My body is just rebelling right now.

Weighed in at lunch and I guess I'm one of the few people that can gain weight on Meta-Quick! Up 0.5 pounds. My body is totally fighting me right now...but I WILL WIN! That's right! I said it! It may win this little battle, but I will win the war! I'm so sure of it that I'm not even going to adjust my ticker. I will not go off plan and I will kick the scale in the butt!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #200  

Jen...
I gained weight twice on meta quick..One time 1/2, other 1 . Hang in there, it will come off.. Have you talked to your consultant, sometimes they can look at journal and see something you are overlooking. You are so dedicated, it will come off. Love seeing your posts. They are so inspiring.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #201  

Jen...
Forgot to mention, even though I gained weight twice on metaquick, I lost mega inches, and the week after the 1 pound gain I lost 2 pounds. I knew I was losing inches, as my wedding ring was flopping around, and my watch would not stay where it should be, the time part kept going under my wrist, and as you said, my clothes were baggy.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #202  

I showed my counselor my journal today (who happens to be the manager) and she said I was doing everything right. She also mentioned I've been through stalls before and it's my determination to stick with it that pays off in the end. My last stall lasted two weeks I think. So, if this is day 8, it should start moving soon. Also, now that the weather is trying to cool down, I'm going to start walking again. I can get 2 lunchtime walks in during the work week. Then, I spoke with my hubby at lunch about the dead tv in our little gym at home. He said that tomorrow night, let's move the tv out of the guest room. It's a bit heavy for just one of us to move. It's one of those old CRT tv's that still working. Yay! So if I can hit the elliptical or treadmill at least 2 additional days a week after the munchkin goes to bed, I bet things will go a bit better.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #203  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
I showed my counselor my journal today (who happens to be the manager) and she said I was doing everything right. She also mentioned I've been through stalls before and it's my determination to stick with it that pays off in the end. My last stall lasted two weeks I think. So, if this is day 8, it should start moving soon. Also, now that the weather is trying to cool down, I'm going to start walking again. I can get 2 lunchtime walks in during the work week. Then, I spoke with my hubby at lunch about the dead tv in our little gym at home. He said that tomorrow night, let's move the tv out of the guest room. It's a bit heavy for just one of us to move. It's one of those old CRT tv's that still working. Yay! So if I can hit the elliptical or treadmill at least 2 additional days a week after the munchkin goes to bed, I bet things will go a bit better.
Wow...I sure do admire your determination! What an inspiration you are to all of us. If I was at your current weight...I would be so thrilled!! Keep up the great work

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 198/186/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
HEAD'S UP - I went to mybodygallery too but something very wierd happened - it said Infected by Bangladeshi (or something like that ) in scary giant letters. Within minutes my computer crashed. Ive just rebooted and I dont see any strange behavior, but I'm not going to try that site again.
I had the same problem. It opened in another window so I didn't enlarge it or click anything else. Scared me that something might have happened but so far, nothing! Would really like to see the site though
naschlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #205  

So, last week was our Street Fair, as I shared in a previous post. My thoughts/plan was to decide my absolute favorite things and only eat them....I didn't quite stick to it like I wanted though! I ate so much crap it was ridiculous! A couple times my stomach hurt with the grease--reminding me again why I need to eat OP and not go back to my bad ways. I also got a couple of headaches through the week and realized it had to do with my choices. I never put 2 and 2 together before starting MRC as to why I had such horrible headaches/migranes.

We are going to my parents tonight for cake for my husband's 39th birthday. I will have one small piece, as it's my absolute favorite and I don't get it very often. I won't feel guilty and I will get right back OP in the morning!

We ordered a doctor's style scale from Amazon last week too. We are 45 min. from our center and haven't been able to weigh for 2 weeks. I was tired of our other scale which wasn't consistent. So, we got this Health-o-Meter one and it's awesome I love it; no issues with accuracy or consistency. I'm down 4 lbs. from my last WI too...although not having weighed on this one and the centers' in the same day, I'm not sure about differences (does that make sense?) We are hoping to make it in the end of this week, so we'll see how the center one compares to ours. I just like that I can check it each day and know with out a doubt it's telling the truth

Jen, sounds like you have a good plan to get things moving again! I hate plateaus, they are so hard to get through with a positive attitude! You talking about your treadmill makes me want to jump on mine! I do the Y 2x a week and just subscribed to an online workout video site. It was a Groupon (I love that site!!); I got a 3 month membership and can download any videos I want any time of the day!

Have a great day all! Welcome to the newbies
Nichole
Old 09-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #206  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naschlim View Post
I had the same problem. It opened in another window so I didn't enlarge it or click anything else. Scared me that something might have happened but so far, nothing! Would really like to see the site though
it had a message when i pulled it up that it was hacked. i then went back to search and was able to pull up the facebook page and hit the link that was on the FB page which worked. interesting... isn't there something called virtual model where you can plug in lbs and even hair color and it gives you an image of what your image would be? i'll have to search for it...
Old 09-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #207  
Motivated Member

Default Virtual model

if you want to see what you'll look like at your goal weight, this is a very cool website.. [url]www.mvm.com Virtual model search.... you can plug in goal weight and even the weight you are now and find flattering clothes to fit your body type.

Last edited by bigdog; 09-26-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #208  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

WI today and lost 2.5 pounds! I met my goal today!!!! It was just in the nick of time, too, because I really wanted to get there before I started stabilization and that happens this week! Whew! Now, to work on that "wiggle" room I want to have during maintenance!!! Good luck to everyone this week!!
Goneforgood1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneforgood1128 View Post
WI today and lost 2.5 pounds! I met my goal today!!!! It was just in the nick of time, too, because I really wanted to get there before I started stabilization and that happens this week! Whew! Now, to work on that "wiggle" room I want to have during maintenance!!! Good luck to everyone this week!!
Congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment! You must feel great.

What do you mean by "wiggle" room? I don't really understand what all happens in stabilization; do you have a range you can be?

Way to go
Old 09-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #210  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

"Wiggle" room is just something I want for myself. My goal weight is the top weight I want to be, so I would like to be a few pounds under that, so that if I have a week where I gain, I will still be under or at my goal. I hope that makes sense! I know Patzi on here, who is on maintenance, has been very good at keeping herself under her goal and I hope to be that committed because I've lost weight many times in my life, but always fall apart when it comes to maintenance. That is a cycle I am determined to break this time!
Goneforgood1128 is offline   Reply With Quote