Old 09-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #211  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneforgood1128 View Post
WI today and lost 2.5 pounds! I met my goal today!!!! It was just in the nick of time, too, because I really wanted to get there before I started stabilization and that happens this week! Whew! Now, to work on that "wiggle" room I want to have during maintenance!!! Good luck to everyone this week!!
Congratulations!!!! That is awesome!!!!!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #212  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations goneforgood!! That's so exciting. Hopefully you'll keep losing a bit during stabilization and your wiggle room will come in time. Good luck! Keep us posted on how it goes.

I lost 5.5 lbs. in just under a week. That included a stomach flu, so I can't take all the credit, and unfortunately some pretty big cheating preceded that, so basically I'm right back to my lowest where I was a week and a half ago. So, this week's a new week, I guess.

This weekend I'll be visiting my parents. I'm very nervous about that. They eat out almost every meal, and I have a real problem with temptation when eating out. I hardly ever go out during the stricter diet portion. I just find it so stressful trying to stay OP that I don't really enjoy it.

My mom has done this diet before, but to be honest, she's not been very supportive of me this time around. She lost about 80 lbs. and has gained it all back. When I told her I was going to start again, she was a little cold about it. It probably just reminds her that she gained it all back, and I do think she's trying to at least not be negative about it if the subject comes up, but there's definitely no cheerleading going on. For that reason, I doubt she'll be very accomodating and might encourage cheating...and of course I want to eat off plan foods, so this is going to take some real willpower.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #213  

Well, count this as DAY NINE at 157 (after 3 days of Meta-Quick). If I'm looking for a silver lining, I know I can maintain a weight pretty darn good! This speaks well of when (not if) I get to maintenance.

On another positive note, I wore my size 8 jeans to work today. Woohoo!!!! I'm still in shock. I haven't worn this size since right after my wedding over 4 years ago. I haven't posted pics since my brother's wedding, (the blue bridesmaid dress was 20 pounds ago), so I figured it was time for an update.

Think I'll go for a walk at lunch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jen_2011_09_27_C.jpg (22.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Jen_2011_09_27_A.jpg (14.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 09-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #214  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Well, count this as DAY NINE at 157 (after 3 days of Meta-Quick). If I'm looking for a silver lining, I know I can maintain a weight pretty darn good! This speaks well of when (not if) I get to maintenance.

On another positive note, I wore my size 8 jeans to work today. Woohoo!!!! I'm still in shock. I haven't worn this size since right after my wedding over 4 years ago. I haven't posted pics since my brother's wedding, (the blue bridesmaid dress was 20 pounds ago), so I figured it was time for an update.

Wow Jen! You look amazing!

I was lurking around this morning and wasn't going to post until after I went for my WI but saw your post and just had to congratulate you! That's just awesome!

I've been busy with moving! We are moving from an apartment to a house and trying to get all the things out by this Saturday, which will be the furniture move. I live in an upstairs apartment and I'm the only one that can take loads down to the car because my mom's feet still aren't any better. So I have definitely been getting in my exercise! I even loaded my car this morning, made 6 trips up & down the stairs carrying boxes! Hope this isn't going to throw off my WI this morning. I will keep everyone posted. And I still have a lot of catching up to do.. but in the meantime.. Congrats to all the losers & welcome to all the newbies!
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #215  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Dang girl! Stay where you are!!! You look awesome!!! Maybe the scale not moving is a sign that your body is happy with right where it is at!

So proud of you~You are an inspiration!!!

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #216  
Maintenance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtara84 View Post
Congratulations goneforgood!! That's so exciting. Hopefully you'll keep losing a bit during stabilization and your wiggle room will come in time. Good luck! Keep us posted on how it goes.

I lost 5.5 lbs. in just under a week. That included a stomach flu, so I can't take all the credit, and unfortunately some pretty big cheating preceded that, so basically I'm right back to my lowest where I was a week and a half ago. So, this week's a new week, I guess.

This weekend I'll be visiting my parents. I'm very nervous about that. They eat out almost every meal, and I have a real problem with temptation when eating out. I hardly ever go out during the stricter diet portion. I just find it so stressful trying to stay OP that I don't really enjoy it.

My mom has done this diet before, but to be honest, she's not been very supportive of me this time around. She lost about 80 lbs. and has gained it all back. When I told her I was going to start again, she was a little cold about it. It probably just reminds her that she gained it all back, and I do think she's trying to at least not be negative about it if the subject comes up, but there's definitely no cheerleading going on. For that reason, I doubt she'll be very accomodating and might encourage cheating...and of course I want to eat off plan foods, so this is going to take some real willpower.
Hang in there...I can related to how hard it is to eat out. Too many temptations!! My mother is very supportive of my journey, but will often wonder why I can't have this or that...."it is healthy." I have to explain to her constantly why some things aren't OP for now only. She weighs even less than my goal weight, and looks fantastic for 60 yrs. old...AND my parents eat out all of the time, too!!!! How does that work? LOL

Go for your visit, and just do your best each day...your "cheerleaders" are right here All you need is a computer!!!!

Hugs, Tami
Old 09-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #217  
Maintenance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneforgood1128 View Post
WI today and lost 2.5 pounds! I met my goal today!!!! It was just in the nick of time, too, because I really wanted to get there before I started stabilization and that happens this week! Whew! Now, to work on that "wiggle" room I want to have during maintenance!!! Good luck to everyone this week!!
Wow...good for you!!! Yet another inspiration in our midst!! I am with you...maybe having the goal be a little under will give a bit more wiggle room. I may consider that for sure.

Truly...great job
Old 09-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Dang girl! Stay where you are!!! You look awesome!!! Maybe the scale not moving is a sign that your body is happy with right where it is at!

So proud of you~You are an inspiration!!!

Tami
LOL Thanks, but I've been through this before. It's temporary. The thing is I'm a pear shaped gal that has a belly, butt, and thighs to work on. And truth be told, I haven't done any exercising since May which would help with those areas. From past experience, my body was easy to maintain at 140. So while this is a temporary setback, I'm not going to take the easy out and say "I'm good." I know I will be disappointed in myself and won't be happy. I have been visualizing the scale showing me my goal weight. I'm not going to stop till I get there.

Last edited by JenB72; 09-27-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #219  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Default 9.5lbs away from 100!

Went for WI this morning and signed the 90lb Board! I was down 1.5lbs since Friday. I was a little nervous because I lost 4.5lbs last week and thought I would have stalled this week but I guess all the heavy lifting and going up/down those stairs paid off! As I was moving this weekend, I kept thinking.. there is no way I could have done this a couple of months ago! I feel so good. I still have a ways to go and I'm thinking about changing my goal to around 180... but not sure yet.

Ok - I have to get to work! Not only am I moving my stuff into a house but we are also moving offices. It's just me & my boss in this office and he's not computer literate - so I'm playing IT for a couple days and in charge of moving the printers & computers... of course, all the paperwork and candy samples too! LOADS of fun!
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #220  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
Went for WI this morning and signed the 90lb Board! I was down 1.5lbs since Friday. I was a little nervous because I lost 4.5lbs last week and thought I would have stalled this week but I guess all the heavy lifting and going up/down those stairs paid off! As I was moving this weekend, I kept thinking.. there is no way I could have done this a couple of months ago! I feel so good. I still have a ways to go and I'm thinking about changing my goal to around 180... but not sure yet.

Ok - I have to get to work! Not only am I moving my stuff into a house but we are also moving offices. It's just me & my boss in this office and he's not computer literate - so I'm playing IT for a couple days and in charge of moving the printers & computers... of course, all the paperwork and candy samples too! LOADS of fun!

Congratulations!!!!!! It is so exciting to watch you on your journey. You have done absolutely AMAZING!!!! Thanks for letting us be a part of it.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #221  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

that's fantastic you look great!!!!!! my weight hasnt budged since wed. i did go up 3 lbs but that was mostly water weight and am down 3 but still don't want to weigh in yet! the diet ctr is 45 min away so i go once a week...extra walk today and lots of water and salad.. that should take it down... but my pants are still loose and rings are about to fall off. :-)
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #222  

Jen..
You look fantastic... Be proud of yourself.. So happy for you.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #223  

goneforgood..

Congrats on meeting your goal. Some lose during stabilization. I did, not much but some.. I did however, go 5 pounds under to give me wiggle room when I gain.. You will love stabilization. You will feel great to have the new foods.. As I said before, if you need help, please ask...

Candi... I am so happy for you that you met the 90 pound board. I know how much this means to you.I am honored to be part of your journey, as Jen mentioned..

If I missed anyone, I am sorry. I try to congratulate the losers. If anyone is struggling, hang in there, it is well worth it.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 188/180.5/155

Height: 5'7

Default Hello

Hello everyone,

I am on day 2. I lost 6 lbs on the preconditioning but gained it all back this weekend celebrating my bday. (I thought I did ok). Anyway, that stinks but I started the Days 1-4 yesterday. Its is hard to go with so little calories but thats how I ended up here right? Did any of you have trouble with too little calories? I feel like less than 1000 a day plus my workouts is bad. I am getting headached too. I asked the center and they suggested 2 more HNS each day. That can get expensive. Any thoughts for a newbie?
1busymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #225  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1busymom View Post
Hello everyone,

I am on day 2. I lost 6 lbs on the preconditioning but gained it all back this weekend celebrating my bday. (I thought I did ok). Anyway, that stinks but I started the Days 1-4 yesterday. Its is hard to go with so little calories but thats how I ended up here right? Did any of you have trouble with too little calories? I feel like less than 1000 a day plus my workouts is bad. I am getting headached too. I asked the center and they suggested 2 more HNS each day. That can get expensive. Any thoughts for a newbie?
Honestly, the first 10 days are the worst. If you can stick to it without cheating, you won't regret it. You may be having headaches if you are withdrawing from caffeine. The lack of energy is your body reacting to getting the "crap" out of your system. This is very common among newbies.

Believe it or not, some have posted questions after they get past day 10 and on to the normal menus like "This is a lot of food!" and "Do I really have to eat all this food?!" So, the yellow and blue menus are just stepping stones like pre-conditioning was. Your body is so used to high calories, and not good calories at that, that it is rebelling. Totally normal.

The minimum number of HNS I would advise is 3. 4 for max benefit, but if cost is an issue, then you can see about getting them from Diet Direct to help defray the costs.

I've heard that there is a diet they have called Meta-Balance for those that are heavy exercisers. How much do you work out? Is it light walking vs. full cardio + strength training? It may be something to talk with your counselor about. Hang in there. It does get better.

Last edited by JenB72; 09-28-2011 at 08:21 AM.