Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 238.5/198/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Believe it or not, they have modified the menu. I've got the latest version that was just issued in June. Your center may not have gotten it yet. It says:

Breakfast and Lunch
1 MRC HNS & 1 Bar or Shake

Dinner
4 oz. protein
1 serving of veggies
1 slice of 40 cal bread or 1 serving of Melba toast

Daily
1 scoop of MRC Super Veggi or Super Fruit & Veggi
2 HNS

They even modified which proteins you can eat. Not sure why all the changes though.
That's the version I have too. They specifically told me that I should always have a clear HNS WITH my shake or bar.

So--I'm cautiously optimistic because I was SO sick yesterday, but I weighed UNDER 200 today! WOOHOO!! I'm not going to change my ticker until I officially WI at the center, but I haven't been this low in over 10 years! I'm guessing I'm a little dehydrated from the fever, but still--it feels good!

Last edited by RaRaF; 09-14-2011 at 05:39 PM.
RaRaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #137  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

I am a member of the "40" club! I turned 40 last March! I blamed that for not being able to get this weight on my own this time!
Goneforgood1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 198/186/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRaF View Post
That's the version I have too. They specifically told me that I should always have a clear HNS WITH my shake or bar.

So--I'm cautiously optimistic because I was SO sick yesterday, but I weighed UNDER 200 today! WOOHOO!! I'm not going to change my ticker until I officially WI at the center, but I haven't been this low in over 10 years! I'm guessing I'm a little dehydrated from the fever, but still--it feels good!
I'm sick today, feeling awful. Feverish and achy, on the couch all day. I had 1/2 a HNS hot chocolate, 3-4 chocolate chip cookies, an HNS decaf cappuccino, a crescent roll and some rice/beef meal that my family loves. Not hungry really, just in the mood for carbs--obviously!! I'm just wondering if I'm sick because my calories have been so low. My hubby is OP too, been sick for over 2 weeks now and even with a Z-pac and steroids, can't get over it. I just think our bodies can't fight too well with so low of fuel and I don't want to feel like this for long! Just wondering what you guys think?

Congrats on your loss though, that's got to be a great feeling to be under 200 for the first time in a long time!!

Last edited by naschlim; 09-14-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: forgot something
naschlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #139  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by naschlim View Post
I'm sick today, feeling awful. Feverish and achy, on the couch all day. I had 1/2 a HNS hot chocolate, 3-4 chocolate chip cookies, an HNS decaf cappuccino, a crescent roll and some rice/beef meal that my family loves. Not hungry really, just in the mood for carbs--obviously!! I'm just wondering if I'm sick because my calories have been so low. My hubby is OP too, been sick for over 2 weeks now and even with a Z-pac and steroids, can't get over it. I just think our bodies can't fight too well with so low of fuel and I don't want to feel like this for long! Just wondering what you guys think?

Congrats on your loss though, that's got to be a great feeling to be under 200 for the first time in a long time!!
I actually don't think it's teh low calories. I was at my healthiest while on the diet for 8 months last time. I taught at a university with tons of germs flying around, and I wasn't sick once. I haven't been sick this time yet either, although it's not flu season. Usually I get sick every few months with something or other.

There's no denying that losing weight/cutting calories puts stress on your body, but I don't think it's the cause of your illness-- you probably caught a bug that you would have caught if you weren't dieting. There's no way to tell, of course. Overall, I feel much better with more energy, etc. when I'm eating this way or eating healthfully in general. I would think that would also translate to a healthy immune system, but I can't prove it, of course. Most of us were eating more calories before of course, and in most cases, the extra calories were all junk, and I just don't think junk helps us that much, extra calories or not.

Either way, hope you feel better soon! And don't stress out too much about eating off plan foods. As long as you don't use this as an excuse to overindulge, you'll be fine after a couple days back on plan.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #140  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post
Am I being immature? I am very upset at my center so much that I'm sabotaging myself. I starting the beige menu on Aug. 27th the time that I should've been doing preconditioning. On Sept. 2nd I WI and was down 8.5lbs while there I went to the mandatory class where you get your first menu. There I ordered HNS's that go in recipes that I enjoyed and that got me through last time. They were basically my staples. I was looking so forward to getting them. Anyway they were out and told me that I could put them on back order and that they'd be in Tuesday the 6th. I was disappointed but needless to say I understood. Well here it is nearly the 15th and still no HNS's. I call them everyday and they say maybe tomorrow. This has caused me to go off plan on some meals however It's been sensible but I feel it's their fault and that they should have things in stock at all times because I feel that they make it hard for us to eat tasteful food without their products. I could have ordered the HNS's online and had them by now.

I bought the cookbook so that I wouldn't get bored with the food but most recipes in the book call for the HNS's that I'm waiting on. I'm sorry for going on and on but I'm livid right now. Thanks for letting me vent.
I hate that they haven't received your HNS's. I actually had some that a friend gave me but I'm not using them. Are you going to the cooking class tomorrow? If you are, I can bring these to you. I don't want them to go to waste.

And I'm so far behind on the posts, yet again!

Welcome to all the newbies & congrats to the "losers" and for those having a tough time.. keep your head up and jump back in the wagon!

I'm hoping things start to settle down a bit. My mom & I signed a lease for a rental house so we will be moving out of my apartment into a house! It's been a long time since I've lived in a house. We get the keys to our new place next Thursday and will start moving in the small stuff. We've decided not to move next Saturday because the Arkansas vs. Alabama game is going to be on and we HAVE to watch that game! GO HOGS! WOO PIG SOOIE! Nobody messes with College Gameday!

Hope everyone has had a great week!

Candice
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 238.5/198/162

Quote:
Originally Posted by naschlim View Post

Thanks--it does feel good. I do wonder if I wasn't able to fight it like sometimes because of the low calories--I'm not looking for excuses, I just don't usually get THAT sick. Maybe it was just my turn. I'm better today, still alternating excedrin and motrin to keep the fever away, but at least I feel like I can be among the living today! I hope you feel better soon!!
RaRaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #142  
nanmalott

S/C/G: 240/173/160

Seems to me like 5-6 lbs a week is doing pretty good after losing as much as you already have. I believe a nice steady weight loss is easier to keep off in the long run than big weight losses and also healthier. Keep up the good work and when you've been able to keep it off for a year you will really feel proud of yourself. I have.

nanmalott
nanmalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #143  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies! Wow, I do know how it feels to drop below that 200 lb. mark when you haven't been there in a while! Great job!

Well, I had my WI today...at 5pm no less, on my period, and just coming off a 1 week vacation...and I was down 2 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I was able to sign that 30 lb. board also!!! This is more than I had expected for sure, and I am so happy about it!

So happy I have all of you to share this with!!!

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:30 AM   #144  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
I hate that they haven't received your HNS's. I actually had some that a friend gave me but I'm not using them. Are you going to the cooking class tomorrow? If you are, I can bring these to you. I don't want them to go to waste.

And I'm so far behind on the posts, yet again!

Welcome to all the newbies & congrats to the "losers" and for those having a tough time.. keep your head up and jump back in the wagon!

I'm hoping things start to settle down a bit. My mom & I signed a lease for a rental house so we will be moving out of my apartment into a house! It's been a long time since I've lived in a house. We get the keys to our new place next Thursday and will start moving in the small stuff. We've decided not to move next Saturday because the Arkansas vs. Alabama game is going to be on and we HAVE to watch that game! GO HOGS! WOO PIG SOOIE! Nobody messes with College Gameday!

Hope everyone has had a great week!

Candice
Thank you Candi for being so sweet. I don't want to take your HNS's. I really appreciate the offer. They'll come, I'm just being a big ol' baby about it. No I didn't plan on going to the food class but I'd like to know how it goes. Again thanks a ton.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #145  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted since getting back from Boston 2 weeks ago. I'm now caught up. Congrats to everyone staying on plan and those that fell off but are getting back on.

I had planned to do the 10 day conditioning menu again since I was off in Boston.....well....I had great intentions each day, but fell off each night....finally...I have 2 whole days under my belt of being 100% on plan. Phew!! Now I'm back on a roll. I jumped on the scale today, haven't been on in 2 weeks and to my surprise saw a little loss. I'm thrilled the scale is moving again and in the right direction
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #146  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Tami - for the loss & signing the 30lb. board! SO exciting!

A few people have talked about being sick and if it is the lack of calories.. I have no idea but I know that I have not been sick, since starting program. Which was in the Spring (heavy allergy/hay fever season) and I was usually going to my family doctor every month or two with a sinus infection last year. I actually haven't been back to my doctor since he referred me to Metabolic. Which for me, is amazing.

I was also taking 8 Ibuprofen every day for aches/pains & headaches. I've taken some after PiYo or if I'm sore from working out but don't even carry it in my purse anymore! Oh, and my IBS & Spastic Colon - under control.

It's amazing that being healthy could help cure other ailments! Who knew?!

I go for WI tomorrow. I haven't been to the gym at all this week because we've been out looking at houses and then found one, so I was leaving work early everyday to do that. I was going to go today but we are interviewing a couple people right after lunch, then I HAVE to go grocery shopping and class at MRC. I know, excuses excuses. I'm just ready for things to slow down a bit! But really excited about moving into a house. The neighborhood is nice & quiet and sidewalks to take the boys on walks with me.
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #147  

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I meant to check in yesterday, but let's just say it was a heck of a day. But, I'm excited to report I was OP Wednesday and Thursday making that 4 days. Woohoo! This weekend will be the real test though. I hope I can check in more often than normal.

As for being sick, last time I was doing MRC (pre-baby) and now, I have not gotten sick once. I even mentioned that to a counselor a while back. Hubby and munchkin have been sick, and I've managed not to get what they had. Hopefully that trend continues.

Tami, congrats on hitting the 30 pound mark. I am thrilled for you. Keep it up!!!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

Thanks! We are definitely not looking forward to it, but know the great things it can do for him.-Trudy

I was wondering where you have been. Haven't seen you post in forever. Sorry to hear about the deployment coming but I do understand. (hubby retired-AF) But hey just hit me up if you ever want to hang our or need support or anything. I'm much better at the support for others than myself. [/QUOTE]
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #149  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Catching up on the recent post is what I needed today - kind of having a tought time today. Haven't weighed myself since last week and not wanting to until I am at the 10 day mark, so looking forward to next Monday. Have actually been feeling better than I have in a long time - forgot how good I used to feel when eating right!! Hope everyone has a good weekend.
kristih6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #150  

Good Morning! I am determined not to have another bad weekend, so here's my first check-in. The scales were good to me this morning, 157.6, so that's definitely an incentive not to go off plan. Just going to take it a meal at a time.

2nd Check-In @ 3:00 PM EDT: So far so good. Still OP.

Last edited by JenB72; 09-17-2011 at 02:58 PM.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote