Old 09-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 198/163/160

Since we are on so much protein - constipation can be a problem. My doctor says use 1 scoup of Miralax 2 times a day -- do that and you will not have a problem -- you may have to cut back to 1 a day but do it every day because it will not hurt you and will help so much.
mama4901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #167  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

too funny Candi!! never TMI for me!!! just got back from vacation - 9 glorious days at the beach camping... my DH and i had salads every day w/ fresh grilled fish or shrimp or lean flank steak.. i had an egg, 1/2 grapefruit and my special treat, cinnamon toast w/ lots of cinnamon and some spray butter on lite wheat bread., i did have some Hog Heaven BBQ but didn't eat the bread and we even ate at an all you can eat seafood buffet - the best chocolate pie ever!! anyway, swimming, biking and walking the dogs everyday a few times on the beach and lost 3 lbs! i did take my scales w/ me and put in the camper to keep me on track! :-)
does anyone know a good chewy choc. dessert recipe i can make w/ the protein powder or something that is OP?
thanks! Peggy
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #168  
Motivated Member

i'll have to try the Miralax...didn't have a problem till vacation, then upped my water in take and HNS's. (they must have fiber in them?)
Old 09-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 198/186/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
I totally understand your frustration! I go in and out of feeling sorry for myself sometimes on this program, and then I realize that I am choosing to do this for myself. Noone forced MRC on me...by simple definition, that is not me being deprived at all...simply because I have a choice. So try to keep that in mind

"One day at a time" is also my motto in all of this...I am not in a hurry. I also give myself permission to have a small little off plan treat when I WI and did well. This motivates me, also. I don't go out and splurge...just that simple little treat. If I don't lose weight at my WI, I don't have a treat.

The "two bite" rule...I embrace this often!! LOL

Like you, I live 45 minutes away from my center, so I go once per week. The positive of that is that I have a consistent counselor each time I go...because it is like a satellite center off the main one which is based a bit further away from me. She runs this one, so getting to work with her and her alone is great for me. When I was feeling frustrated and unmotivated, she is the one that helped me to create this plan for myself. Some don't agree that food should be a reward, but it is all in perspective...

Keep going...it does work. When you fall off plan, climb right back on it. Decide how important it is to you to lose the weight, and remind yourself of it each day. Now that I am finally seeing results in myself...that is a huge motivator.

Take care and hang in there! We all relate!!!!!!!!!!!

Tami
Tami,
Thanks for all your kind words and advice! I will be following a lot of it
How long have you been doing this? I looked back and actually counted--I've only been OP for 3 weeks today! It seems A LOT longer than that. I'm just in a rut with my food. I'm also nervous because today starts our town's Street Fair for the week. The entire town is shut down for the whole week. It's like a carnival with all the good food (tons and tons) and fun rides, from today through Sat. night. It's my husband's favorite time of year, especially since his birthday always falls during this week! We will go tonight for the opening parade, Thursday night for the Industrial Parade and we're working our church's Taco Trailer Sat. night! So, I need to decide what my absolute favorite must have's are, and only splurge on those. It's not like I'll never taste these things again! And except for the chocolate chip cookie I just ate, I've been OP all day! I will eat dinner before we leave to go tonight and plan to just look around and see what my choices are for the evening. I'd like to not eat anything there tonight and decide what I want for Thursday. Anyway, I'll get through it.

As for everyone with the constipation issues: it seems my fish oil really helps with that. I haven't had any issues so far, and it seems as soon as I take my big 3 pills along with the fish oil in the morning, I'm all set to go! Hopefully you can figure it out and not be too uncomfortable. I have problems with my bowels at times, so I know how painful and not fun it can be.

I'm really trying to focus on my water for the day...and staying positive. I need to come up with more protein choices for lunch. My husband has been doing turkey breast, which I don't think is the best idea. I finally looked at the sodium yesterday and about flipped! Needless to say, he's not going to be eating it for lunch every day anymore. He's so picky, it's not even funny. So we need to go over the cookbook again and see what we can make. I'm really enjoying the vegetables though, especially since before this I NEVER made sautéed veggies because my DH thought it was nasty and smelled up the house. Now though, he doesn't get a choice but to smell it and deal with it Of course, he still won't eat them, but at least I get to enjoy them.

I think we're going to get a medical scales, with the balance beam on top and not digital. DH mentioned it when we first started OP, but I wasn't sure. Now though, since we can't make it in all the time, I really would like to know how well I'm doing. We have an old feed scales in the garage, and though I think it works pretty accurately, it isn't always consistent. I'm excited--though I'll probably get obsessive with it

Hope you all have a great day.
Nichole
naschlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #170  
Motivated Member

Default out of stock HNS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
I hate that they haven't received your HNS's. I actually had some that a friend gave me but I'm not using them. Are you going to the cooking class tomorrow? If you are, I can bring these to you. I don't want them to go to waste.

And I'm so far behind on the posts, yet again!

Welcome to all the newbies & congrats to the "losers" and for those having a tough time.. keep your head up and jump back in the wagon!

I'm hoping things start to settle down a bit. My mom & I signed a lease for a rental house so we will be moving out of my apartment into a house! It's been a long time since I've lived in a house. We get the keys to our new place next Thursday and will start moving in the small stuff. We've decided not to move next Saturday because the Arkansas vs. Alabama game is going to be on and we HAVE to watch that game! GO HOGS! WOO PIG SOOIE! Nobody messes with College Gameday!

Hope everyone has had a great week!

Candice
i hate when they are out of the HNS's i need - i really do depend on them. i wanted the cookbook before vacation and they didn't have that either...they were just like oh well! i ordered for 1/2 off from Amazon and got it in 3 days. now i order everything from Nashua Nutrition or Diet Direct. the wonderslim bars are very similar. i also ordered some protein powder that was the same as HNS - 16 g. protein, etc. - bought some South Beach protein bars from Big Lots - :-)
Old 09-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

acidepholis (spelling is off but close i think ) is good too. Can get it over the counter (husband was told to take this). I take a natural probiotic once a day if I'm having issues.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #172  

Height: 5' 5"

I've also heard that "Smooth Move" tea works well. It can be found in either the tea section or I have found it in the organic section, as well.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

OK, this is really old school, but if you are severely constipated, you can drink a mixture of 8 oz water and 1 tsp of Epsom salt. This mixture works like the fluid doctors give before a colonoscopy. You are GUARANTEED a bowel movement within 30 minutes to 6 hrs after drinking the mixture. It is definitely cleansing. I would only use this as a last resort and only when you have time to kill in the restroom.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4549586_use-...-laxative.html
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 261/226/190

Height: 5'10"

Cool Stuck!

Hi All...
Well this is my second post and I'm stuck. I went to WI last week and lost nothing. I weighed at the gym last night and have lost nothing...12 days no wt loss. I'm sure I'm the only guy on this site but I'm hoping on some feedback...

Started 270.5 LBS
Now at 226.5 LBS

And BTW...Whooooo Pig Sooooie! Go Hogs!
RedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider View Post

Hi All...
Well this is my second post and I'm stuck. I went to WI last week and lost nothing. I weighed at the gym last night and have lost nothing...12 days no wt loss. I'm sure I'm the only guy on this site but I'm hoping on some feedback...

Started 270.5 LBS
Now at 226.5 LBS

And BTW...Whooooo Pig Sooooie! Go Hogs!
Hey, RedRider!

Sorry you're stuck in this plateau. Needless to say, we all have experienced it. Here's a sheet I came up with. I hope it can help you some.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Plateau%20Busting%20Tips[1].pdf (457.9 KB, 44 views)
Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #176  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies...

Well, I had my WI today, and lost 1 pound I guess I should be happy about this...at least it is something. Total inches lost since I started back in May is 34 inches! I am happy about that one!

Ok, so my stress is that I don't think I will make my September mini goal...but not only that, I am suppose to meet my goal of 165lbs by October 30th....or pay more to keep going.

Does anyone understand how this works? Like, what exactly am I paying for. If I wanted to continue to lose weight before starting maintenance, then why couldn't I just do that for a few more weeks and then start maintenance. I would still buy their products. Maybe we pay for the weekly times with our counselor? Sorta curious how it works if anyone understands it~I know you don't have to be a member to purchase their items they sale...

I know I am the one that goes on and on about taking our time and losing at weight fast isn't the most important...but now I am concerned that I may not make my goal by the current deadline. I really don't want to have to pay more for "time" to lose more.

Help?

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #177  
Motivated Member

Default Love this board~

I get so much wonderful advice from everyone on this board, thanks!! keeps me constantly motivated. got measured today and i've lost 15 inches! woo hoo! 15 lbs lost also since Aug. 3. just got back from vacation and amazing enough, lost 1 lb. don't think my counselor was very happy but 9 days of vacation and didn't gain? woo hoo! he also didn't like that i was mixing tequila w/ my HNS at the beach every day :-) had sugar free margarita mix and pink lemonade HNS - yum~! a girl has to have some fun :-) walked alot on the beach every day - did have to run into the ocean and whiz alot! LOL w/ all the water i was drinking! i packed alot of protein bars (hazelnut rocks!) so that was my choc. fix... anyway, back OP and goal is at least 3 -5 lbs by next wed. drinking water as i'm typing this!!!
good luck everyone and will see less of everyone next time we post!! :-)
Old 09-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #178  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

I haven't posted in a while because I've been off plan. It all started on Saturday with my husband's birthday-- went off, but I didn't go overboard. Then I found out that a friend from college would be visiting and wanted to stay with us starting the next day. Well, this, of course, involved eating out, and I had some of our old friends over, etc. I tried to not eat much even though I was eating off. On top of all that, it was my TOM, and it really got to me this time.

I went to WI on Tuesday just to see how things stood-- up 6 lbs. It cuold have been worse, because I really pack it on when I go off. Anyhow, that night I realized I had the stomach flu-- diet karma perhaps?

Anyway, I lost most of what I ate yesterday, and I've had applesauce and a chicken sandwich today. I'm feeling about 80% now, and it is over, so tomorrow I plan to go back OP. On the bright side, I'm basically back where I started weight wise, lol. It's not the way I would have chosen to lose it again, but I'm going to take full advantage and get right back OP. Our houseguest is gone, and I think my tummy can handle normal food tomorrow. I haven't exercised all week, and I think I'm just going to take the rest of the week off since I'm still feeling weak.

As for the constipation discussion-- I have issues, too. I have always been an "every few days" person, even when I'm eating normally. When I do "go" on MRC, it's never very much. I assume this is because the volume of food I eat is less than what I ate before. I did pick up some benefiber, which I have yet to try. I read that the fruit and fiber MRC sells is basically benefiber with crystal light, so I plan to add a dose a day (three is recommended, but I'll start with one).

Tami-- yes, the downside of going slow with the weight loss is that you have to pay for more time. Last time I think I renewed twice. If you can wait for a special (they always have them around new years), then the price is less. It is less expensive thn when first signing up because you don't have to pay for maintenance or the hormone kit if your center makes you buy it. Talk to them and see what they say. I believe that if you just go on your own for the remainder of the time that you forfeit maintenance, but i'm not sure if that's the way it works at every center. Basically you're paying for the counselors' time, I think. I will say that it's worth it to get where you want to be before you go on stabilization. If you stabilize but still have 15 to go, you won't be happy. Unfortunately, time is definitely money on MRC. It does give me an incentive to stay OP so I don't have to sign up for more time. As it is, I too, might have to add more time, but I'm hoping not. It will be close.

Patzi-- Like Jen and others, I have never heard the 2/3 shake rule for metaquick, either this time on MRC or three years ago. Also, they always advocate the clear with the shake-- it's on the paper. I wonder why it's that way at your center. Also, I'm super impressed with your willpower with friends. I don't blame you for feeling frustrated. I love when friends visit, but I must say that I'm glad to have the temptations and routine disruptions removed when they leave.

ETA: Something else I've discovered about myself-- I feel awful when I cheat. I get heartburn and feel halfway sick to my stomach. I really want to go back OP just so I feel better. I didn't have this last time. I mean, I felt bad when eating bad foods, but I felt as if it was worth it, I suppose. I don't feel that way anymore. I think that's a great sign. In fact, I didn't even realize I had the flu at first-- I thought I just felt bad from eating a doughnut, lol. It's just not worth it. I don't feel sick if I eat a small portion of off plan food and only eat off one meal. It's the larger portion sizes or the extended cheating that does me in. It's been helpful in teaching me some balance.

Last edited by tkdtara84; 09-21-2011 at 10:07 PM.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #179  

I swear I think I have a stomach virus. I have the...ahem...opposite problem of Candi at the moment. You would think this would be a good thing, however, I'm beginning to wonder if it's dehydrating me because the scale refuses to budge. I've stayed 100% on plan so I'm wondering if I need to increase my water intake to compensate. Guess I'll talk with the counselors this afternoon. If all else fails, I'll start chowing down the MRC bars since I know that will stop this "issue."
Old 09-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #180  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
I swear I think I have a stomach virus. I have the...ahem...opposite problem of Candi at the moment. You would think this would be a good thing, however, I'm beginning to wonder if it's dehydrating me because the scale refuses to budge. I've stayed 100% on plan so I'm wondering if I need to increase my water intake to compensate. Guess I'll talk with the counselors this afternoon. If all else fails, I'll start chowing down the MRC bars since I know that will stop this "issue."
Or eat a lot of cheese! LOL! I hope you start feeling better.

When they did my body comp on Tuesday, my water weight was down 5lbs. I told her I was starting to get diarrhea and she said that's probably why. But then I got cramped up again... so I drank a bottle of Magnesium Citrate. The "pleasantly lemony flavor" that they advertise on the bottle is BULL! That stuff is nasty! I think next time, I will do that old school thing with the epsom salt! But anyway.. I think I got everything out of me. Still having some stomach cramps so I'm hoping there isn't anything majorly wrong. I just want to be back to "normal".

I WI tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for the 90lb board, but if not, then next week will work.

I hope you start feeling better Jen!
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote