Old 09-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #181  

Height: 5' 5"

Well, just as I suspected, no change on the scale. I talked with my counselor about what was happening and he agreed that the scale didn't move because of my "issue." So, he had a couple of suggestions. I talk 9 flaxseed oil pills a day (3 at each meal). Scale that back to two for the time being. Then to increase my water in case I'm becoming dehydrated since that would cause water retention. We'll give it a try. I'm also gonna try Meta-Quick for a few days. I'll probably start that on Saturday.

On a positive note, I had my measurements done this week and I'm done another 2.5 inches making the total inches lost 53.25! I know since I'm getting closer to goal, the inches will start decreasing, but I'm still very happy with it.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #182  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Saturday! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #183  

Happy Saturday.. It is quiet this weekend. Did not weigh in Friday. Will go Tuesday..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 178/178/140

Height: 5'4"

Weighed in today. Lost 1.5 pounds but was up 1 last week. So a .5 loss. I'm going to really buckle down this week. Finally bought their fish oil so maybe that will help. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. Maybe I need to change it up a bit as far as my menu. I seem to be eating the same foods all the time.
brandy8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #185  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies!

Well, I have had a weird 24 hrs...I haven't experiened being constipated on the program as yet, but now that I have....I never want to again! Usually the nutra shakes help me some, but not this time.....I also have that fruit/veggie scoop daily. Hmmm....regardless, NOT fun

I have decided that the bottom line to my slow weightloss is that I cheat quite a bit. It is hard to admit that since I truly am OP the majority of the time...but the majority isn't good enough if you want to lose the max possible per week. Now I am facing having to add weeks, but I have also decided that I would rather do that then to start stabilization/maintenance before I am ready. I do still have until the end of October...so we will see how I do. My original goal changed 10lbs...and now I am worried that I will want to lose more once I get there....

The goal I have set for myself is 165lbs...and while that to me will be awesome, I will still be considered "over weight." Is that a total drag or what?!?! I am trying to figure out of my BMI is more important than where I feel comfortable being.....maybe I should push myself harder???

Are you all setting your weightloss goals to be at your "ideal" body weight?

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #186  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Hi ladies!

Well, I have had a weird 24 hrs...I haven't experiened being constipated on the program as yet, but now that I have....I never want to again! Usually the nutra shakes help me some, but not this time.....I also have that fruit/veggie scoop daily. Hmmm....regardless, NOT fun

I have decided that the bottom line to my slow weightloss is that I cheat quite a bit. It is hard to admit that since I truly am OP the majority of the time...but the majority isn't good enough if you want to lose the max possible per week. Now I am facing having to add weeks, but I have also decided that I would rather do that then to start stabilization/maintenance before I am ready. I do still have until the end of October...so we will see how I do. My original goal changed 10lbs...and now I am worried that I will want to lose more once I get there....

The goal I have set for myself is 165lbs...and while that to me will be awesome, I will still be considered "over weight." Is that a total drag or what?!?! I am trying to figure out of my BMI is more important than where I feel comfortable being.....maybe I should push myself harder???

Are you all setting your weightloss goals to be at your "ideal" body weight?

Tami
BMI calculations are not always scientifically accurate. They don't take into account muscle mass, body type, etc. and are only based on a height-weight ratio. So, I wouldn't let that completely guide you. You should pick a weight where you feel good about yourself and are happy. The lower you go, the less you can eat and still maintain, so it needs to be sustainable. You may not know until you get there or get close at least. So, while I wouldn't let hte BMI charts dictate your weight, I also would not let the re-signing thing dictate it either. You've chosen to do it more slowly because you cheat, and while that's perfectly fine, it means you'll probably have to sign up for more weeks if you want to keep losing.

When I got to a healthy BMI number (160 lbs. for me), I was still not really satisfied. I looked good, but not as good as I wanted. I'm a lot younger than you, though. I think my mom would have been very happy to be "overweight." It all depends on what you want. I still have no idea if 145 is really my goal. I haven't been 145 since probably the third grade, so I have no idea what I'll look like then. Based on my sizes at 160, I think I'll be a size 4 or maybe even smaller at that point, which I think might be a bit thin, but we'll see. According to the BMI charts, though, that's dead in the middle of normal, so that doesn't seem right. BMI isn't everything.

Also, if you're curious what your goal weight might look like, go to mybodygallery.com. You can enter your height and goal weight and see pictures of other women who are that size. There is still a variety, but it helps give you an idea at least.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #187  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

i joined Aug. 3 and have done really well (losing avg. 1-3 lbs every week) and even on vacation, lost a lb.
this past Sat. weighed myself and i'm up a lb! weighed myself this am and am up 3 lbs!!! i did have a couple beers last night so that could be it. so today am drinking tons of water and will be having salad w/ protein for lunch and dinner. i ate 3 protein bars yesterday like it was candy..stupid stupid stupid!!! funny how the more i type, i'm remembering what i ate...yikes!oh yeah and buffalo chicken tenders last night at the bar too. i need to eat more variety - i was getting sick of salad and chicken so had the protein bars for lunch and snack. jumping on my exercise bike too and walking the pups. it's crazy for me to sabatage myself when i was doing so well. if anyone has some meal ideas, plz post them....i'm getting bored! thks for listening :-)
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #188  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtara84 View Post
BMI calculations are not always scientifically accurate. They don't take into account muscle mass, body type, etc. and are only based on a height-weight ratio. So, I wouldn't let that completely guide you. You should pick a weight where you feel good about yourself and are happy. The lower you go, the less you can eat and still maintain, so it needs to be sustainable. You may not know until you get there or get close at least. So, while I wouldn't let hte BMI charts dictate your weight, I also would not let the re-signing thing dictate it either. You've chosen to do it more slowly because you cheat, and while that's perfectly fine, it means you'll probably have to sign up for more weeks if you want to keep losing.

When I got to a healthy BMI number (160 lbs. for me), I was still not really satisfied. I looked good, but not as good as I wanted. I'm a lot younger than you, though. I think my mom would have been very happy to be "overweight." It all depends on what you want. I still have no idea if 145 is really my goal. I haven't been 145 since probably the third grade, so I have no idea what I'll look like then. Based on my sizes at 160, I think I'll be a size 4 or maybe even smaller at that point, which I think might be a bit thin, but we'll see. According to the BMI charts, though, that's dead in the middle of normal, so that doesn't seem right. BMI isn't everything.

Also, if you're curious what your goal weight might look like, go to mybodygallery.com. You can enter your height and goal weight and see pictures of other women who are that size. There is still a variety, but it helps give you an idea at least.
Tamika, the bodygallery is very cool! i'd be happy at 170! and maintain that weight. or maybe 165.. i'm 5'8", pear shaped. very inspirating to see what i am going to look like soon!!! i'm also very happy to be rid of the 17 lbs - never thought that would happen. thank you MRC!!! (had been doing wt. watchers for years and usually could lose but not for the past couple years). the extra protein and stricter choices has really helped w/ my success. now, the hard part, staying motivated and sticking w/ this program :-) love this board!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #189  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Tamika, the bodygallery is very cool! i'd be happy at 170! and maintain that weight. or maybe 165.. i'm 5'8", pear shaped. very inspirating to see what i am going to look like soon!!! i'm also very happy to be rid of the 17 lbs - never thought that would happen. thank you MRC!!! (had been doing wt. watchers for years and usually could lose but not for the past couple years). the extra protein and stricter choices has really helped w/ my success. now, the hard part, staying motivated and sticking w/ this program :-) love this board!
oops! meant Tami, not Tamika.... haven't woke up yet!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

bigdog, are you keeping a food journal? It sounds like you are not, or at least you didn't on saturday. I've gotten kind of obsessive about that. Its a constant reminder of how I'm doing. Im not as far into the program as you are but its a thought...
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
bigdog, are you keeping a food journal? It sounds like you are not, or at least you didn't on saturday. I've gotten kind of obsessive about that. Its a constant reminder of how I'm doing. Im not as far into the program as you are but its a thought...
Hi..
I want to second how important a journal is. I kept one every day while I was losing weight, and still keep one now on maintenance, as it is the only way if I gain, I can go back and see why, plus the consultant asks me if I gain if I kept a journal for that week. I am not as obsessive as I was while losing weight with the journal, but I still am at it..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

HEAD'S UP - I went to mybodygallery too but something very wierd happened - it said Infected by Bangladeshi (or something like that ) in scary giant letters. Within minutes my computer crashed. Ive just rebooted and I dont see any strange behavior, but I'm not going to try that site again.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #193  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Tomorrow will be my official 1st day back on MRC diet. However this time around I will be doing it on my own without the center. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have said the above words since I regained all my weight. I just really hope I can follow through with it. I have everything I need to be successful tomorrow, so no excuses. I've got to do it. When I was on program the 1st time I followed the plan precisely and lost the 56lbs I need to. However I didn't follow stabalization precisely and slowly but surely gained all my weight back plus some. I've been so afraid to try and lose again in fear that I will just regain. I think I am ready now because I've started nursing school this semester and have learned so much on how poor eating and being over weight effects your health. Please wish me luck, I know it is possible and is so worth it. I'm dying to be able to wear a size 6 again.....their in my closet waiting for me! LOL
1 thinner me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #194  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
HEAD'S UP - I went to mybodygallery too but something very wierd happened - it said Infected by Bangladeshi (or something like that ) in scary giant letters. Within minutes my computer crashed. Ive just rebooted and I dont see any strange behavior, but I'm not going to try that site again.
Me too!! My computer didn't crash...but I am not going back to the site again either.

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #195  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Me too!! My computer didn't crash...but I am not going back to the site again either.

Tami
Yeesh-- that stinks! Maybe their site just got hacked or something. I've been there at least 20 different times over the past few months, and nothing has happened to my computer. I found out about the site here on 3FC in another forum. It's pretty widely talked about in the other forums, and I've never heard of others having problems.. Sorry you guys had trouble!
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote