Old 09-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #241  

Height: 5' 5"

1busymom - How are you doing today? Hopefully no headaches.

Tami - Congratulations on your 3 pounds!!! Awesome!!!

Patzi - I know your weigh in will go great. Keep it up!!!

bigdog - Congrats on your loss!!! I hope the center's scales are just as good. Keep us posted.

Going for a lunchtime walk at the zoo. Did pretty good on Tuesday. I walked 1.24 miles in 87 degree heat. It's currently 86 degrees. Bleh! Good news is tomorrow is supposed to be the last HOT day (90 deg) and then we'll be in the 70s this weekend!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #242  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Wow, everyone seems to be losing. It's funny how a lot of the time we seem to lose/gain at the same times.

I've also lost. On my scale at home, I broke into the 160s today! I'm so pumped for WI tomorrow. Right after that I'm headed to visit my parents, so I just hope I can keep from gaining it back. Food is very difficult at my parents'.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Congrats Tara!! The 160s!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #244  

Hi...
I had maintenance weigh in today and lost the 2 pounds that I gained when I weighed in on Tuesday..

What I did to get it off.. I got off maintenance for a couple of days and followed the green menu ( last one) I think from Meta Slim, and I was able to get off the weight.. I always journal, and journaled everything that went in my mouth, food and liquid.

I do believe, even though I never went off program the week before when eating out, I ate out too many times and it caught up with me, the added salt, and who knows what they marinate their foods with. Plus I was negligent on not taking fat and carb blockers twice when eating out.

I know I saw somewhere, someone say that the missed their wine,not sure who. You can add that back in when you hit maintenance. I have wine now when I go out to eat or when I am with friends. Always in moderation.

Hope everyone has a great day and hope everyone has a great weigh in.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #245  

Tara & Patzi, I am so happy for you both!!!! That's wonderful news!!!

Happy Friday, Everyone!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #246  

Unhappy Motivated, but challenged!

First time posting. I have been on MetaBalance for 7 months now. It has been slow and steady, but have reached a major plateau!! Trying to keep positive, but it is hard. I have lost 60 pounds so far. Had to go on MetaQuick to make the scales move and now, here we go again. I lost 5 1/2 on MetaQuick and then gained two pounds back, (for no reason). I am exercising and doing everything on program. It's so frustrating!! I have been reading a lot of posts for inspiration and encouragement. I finally signed up today to be able to post!!
Green eyed lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #247  

Green eyed lady.

Have you spoken to your center on this situation? They may tweak your program some.. They did that for me when I was in your position, more than once. Also, are you journaling everything that you are eating and drinking? I am on maintenance now, but have had my share of plateaus.
Hang in there, you will start losing again. You have done a wonderful job on your weight loss from time you started. You should be very proud of that.

Very nice meeting you and good luck on your challenge.

Patzi
Old 09-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #248  

Tara...
Not sure if I congratulated on your weight loss.If not, am doing it now.

Patzi
Old 09-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #249  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

Congrats, Patzi! I'm always amazed at how you know exactly what to do to get the weight back off, as soon as it comes on! I hope I can be as diligent when I get to maintenance!

Congrats to all the other losers, too! Way to keep it going!

I got my first stabilization menu today and I am SOOOO excited! I had rice with dinner and it was wonderful! I have a question for you, already, Patzi! I know they've always told me to try to keep starch servings to around 40-50 calories. I wondered if there is a similar number for starches in stabilization. I know 1/2 cup of rice is about 100 calories, so I was wondering if that's the guideline? Also, is it correct that I can have any of the starches listed on the Stabilization menu at my normal "starch times?" So, I can now have 1/2 cup of oatmeal at breakfast, instead of 1/4? Or, 8 animal cookies? In other words, those starches aren't just for that lunch starch I'm adding 3 days a week?
Goneforgood1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #250  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
1busymom - How are you doing today? Hopefully no headaches.

Tami - Congratulations on your 3 pounds!!! Awesome!!!

Patzi - I know your weigh in will go great. Keep it up!!!

bigdog - Congrats on your loss!!! I hope the center's scales are just as good. Keep us posted.

Going for a lunchtime walk at the zoo. Did pretty good on Tuesday. I walked 1.24 miles in 87 degree heat. It's currently 86 degrees. Bleh! Good news is tomorrow is supposed to be the last HOT day (90 deg) and then we'll be in the 70s this weekend!
2.5 Lbs. lost on the Center's scale!!! i couldn't believe it!! that was even w/ the weigh in late afternoon at 4. i almost didn't go because i figured by the afternoon w/ the water i drank, it would be higher than my weigh in earlier in the am. Woo hoo!!!! Thanks to all of you!!! couple people reminded me nicely to get back to keeping my journal :-), not to give up, stay OP, reminded this plan works and it does!! i did get scolded when i told them i eat 1/2 grapefruit in the am instead of fruit w/ lunch - they said it's all about the combinations they have selected for me (meta-slim) then she tried to sell me some pills and bragged that she spends over $100 a month on supplements but it's worth it to her and she said "i hardly diet, take the pills, drink lots of water and look how great i look"....anyway, i was so thrilled w/ my weight loss, pretty much said, good for you and ran out :-)
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 238.5/198/162

HI everyone--Sounds like you all are doing great! 2, 3, 5 lbs losses are amazing! Woohoo!

So, I hit 40 lbs last friday, signed the 40 lb board and just couldn't get motivated. I've sort of been OP this week, haven't really gained, but I just can't get back to it. I've decided to take the weekend off, and start fresh Monday. Maybe I just needed a break? I don't know, but for right now I'm watching what goes into my mouth, being careful, still doing my drinks, but trying not to stress over it. We'll see how it goes and hopefully all I need is a little break and I'll be back on track. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Last edited by RaRaF; 10-01-2011 at 10:49 AM.
RaRaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 198/186/150

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations everyone on your losses!!! You are doing awesome.

We haven't gone to WI for almost 3.5 weeks now! Makes it hard when it's 45 minutes away and we don't have time to get there. I need to make it a priority...I need the accountability really bad. My DH doesn't care as much about talking with them; maybe being a woman I just need that communication more! Anyway, we are planning to go either Monday or Tuesday. I need to get my act together so I have a loss! My scale at home shows 5 lbs. down from the last time I was there, but I'm not sure how my scale compares to the centers.

Keep up the hard work everyone! You are an inspiration and I love reading your inspiring stories!

Have a great weekend,
Nichole
naschlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #253  

Happy October!!!
Come join us on the October Thread.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Default Thanks

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I didn't even know anyone had replied to me or how to find it but, I finally did!

I am Happy to annouce I am down 8.5 lbs!

But, having a hard time with the HNS! Unfortunately I am getting horrible Migraines from the HNS! I informed them when I signed up that I had to eat & drink all natural products no chemical sweeteners or nitrates. And they said oh no you won't have any problems! Yeah right! I instantly had a migraine with the first drink. So then they had me buy the pink lemonade & lemonade and I still am having trouble! And I now have like 6 unopened boxes that they won't let me return!!! This makes me so mad, they are not even open! I think that shows you they don't really care about a person's health just their sales!!!!
Tinafroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 188/180.5/155

Height: 5'7

Default Hello Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I have been super busy but wanted to let everyone know that I am still here. I had another bad weekend with activities. Anyone have suggestions for me? I do fine when I have a routine but weekends are so crazy there isn't a routine. At weigh in last week I lost another 1.5lbs. This doesn't sound to great except for that meant I didn't regain the 6 lbs I thought I did! Yeah. You are all doing great with your losses and I hope to join you this week as well and put last weekend behind me!

I should be on more regularly again. Thanks for the support!

Angie
1busymom is offline   Reply With Quote