Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #151  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Well, I weighed in yesterday and was down another 2 lbs. Yay! That definitely motivated me to resist the smell of the pizza at our family get-together for my sister's birthday last night!

I did pretty good at the birthday dinner last night. I brought my own chicken and salad (from subway--yum! salad is so much yummier when you don't have to make it yourself!), didn't have a carb with my dinner and only ate one of the gourmet mini-cupcakes we had for the birthday dessert.

Even though the cupcake was off plan, it was a huge victory for me to consciously decide to eat a cupcake while compensating by not eating a carb with dinner and not eating more than one cupcake. Not only that, but I chose one of the mini-cupcakes rather than a full-size one (we had both). Seriously. In the past, I would have eaten multiple cupcakes as well as carbs with dinner. Even a month ago, I would have still eaten my carb with dinner, or felt deprived if I didn't (even if I ate a cupcake), if that makes sense.

This was a victory for me because it shows me that--as long as I plan for it--I can indulge occasionally and in moderation without it derailing me or making me feel bad (which leads me to make the situation worse).

teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #152  

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations, Teacherlady! That's great news! Only 10 pounds to go now.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #153  

Well, if there was ever a time to stray and go off plan, now is it. Last night, we had to take our daughter to the ER because of possible dehydration (only one wet diaper all day). She's been sick for the past week. I think the ER gods were smiling down on us, because we got fast tracked and we were in and out of the ER in less than 2 hours. That never happens. No IV necessary, but they did give her medicine for her lungs (she was a preemie so we have to keep a close watch on her). We got home late, didn't have dinner till about 8:30, but I stayed OP.

Today is a little different. I haven't even had my first HNS today. The Little One woke up twice last night for a bottle (3:30A & 5:00A). I was thankful she was drinking again, but exhausted today.

Oh, and did I mention TTOM came 3 days early?!

Guess I should go get that drink. Thanks for listening.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #154  

S/C/G: HW211(MRC-SW193.6)/182/130

Height: 5'0"

Sorry to hear about your daughter, Jen. Hope she gets better soon!
mandiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #155  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Well, I weighed in yesterday and was down another 2 lbs. Yay! That definitely motivated me to resist the smell of the pizza at our family get-together for my sister's birthday last night!

I did pretty good at the birthday dinner last night. I brought my own chicken and salad (from subway--yum! salad is so much yummier when you don't have to make it yourself!), didn't have a carb with my dinner and only ate one of the gourmet mini-cupcakes we had for the birthday dessert.

Even though the cupcake was off plan, it was a huge victory for me to consciously decide to eat a cupcake while compensating by not eating a carb with dinner and not eating more than one cupcake. Not only that, but I chose one of the mini-cupcakes rather than a full-size one (we had both). Seriously. In the past, I would have eaten multiple cupcakes as well as carbs with dinner. Even a month ago, I would have still eaten my carb with dinner, or felt deprived if I didn't (even if I ate a cupcake), if that makes sense.

This was a victory for me because it shows me that--as long as I plan for it--I can indulge occasionally and in moderation without it derailing me or making me feel bad (which leads me to make the situation worse).

Excellent. You are winning the game and we are all a part of it. So happy for you.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandiana View Post
Sorry to hear about your daughter, Jen. Hope she gets better soon!
Thanks so much! We have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix my sweetie up.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post

After that kind of day, I think I'd be tempted to add some vodka to my HNS!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post

That is great! Life does happen - and this is a life style change! I am still struggling with not being able to prepare myself for situations that take me out of my comfort zone. If I go to work, come home - I'm great. If I go anywhere socially I eat before we go - unfortunately though when I'm around foods I love, I have to nibble!!!

Today was awful stress wise - testing for finals, work is so busy - they brought in donuts for breakfast from Krispy Kreme. Issues with the office took me past those donuts about 26 times and I resisted. At the final hour when I thought I was going to cave to stress - I left the office.

I'm glad I can talk about it and just get it out there!
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #159  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

I had my WI yesterday & I am lost another 4 pounds!!! I have been losing slower because I'm on the meta balance program so I usually lose like 2 pounds a week so I was so excited to see that. PLUS.....I have finally broken out of the 200's!!!! Woohooo!!! I have lost a total of 119 pounds so far!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2btxgrl View Post
Issues with the office took me past those donuts about 26 times and I resisted. At the final hour when I thought I was going to cave to stress - I left the office.

I'm glad I can talk about it and just get it out there!
You are amazing! Great job!

Mariah
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannysmomma View Post
I had my WI yesterday & I am lost another 4 pounds!!! I have been losing slower because I'm on the meta balance program so I usually lose like 2 pounds a week so I was so excited to see that. PLUS.....I have finally broken out of the 200's!!!! Woohooo!!! I have lost a total of 119 pounds so far!!!
Way to go!! I can't wait to enter "onederland"! You are very inspiring.

Mariah
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #162  

Congratulations Teacher Lady.. Great news to hear.. 10 pounds is right around the corner.. You look great in your new pictures.

Shannysmomma...Congrats to you.. What an inspiration .. Fantastic job and happy for you.

Jenna.. My thoughts and prayers are with you on your little one.

Junie.. Weight will start coming off. If you are still at same weight ask them at center to change diet around,maybe do a few days of Meta Quick,or
go back to one of the previous menus you started with. I don't feel ashamed ,I feel very sad and that turns into frustration, as when I am OP and don'tlose for a few weeks, it can get to you, but hang in there, it will happen.IHope you and hubby are ok..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #163  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Well, if there was ever a time to stray and go off plan, now is it. Last night, we had to take our daughter to the ER because of possible dehydration (only one wet diaper all day). She's been sick for the past week. I think the ER gods were smiling down on us, because we got fast tracked and we were in and out of the ER in less than 2 hours. That never happens. No IV necessary, but they did give her medicine for her lungs (she was a preemie so we have to keep a close watch on her). We got home late, didn't have dinner till about 8:30, but I stayed OP.

Today is a little different. I haven't even had my first HNS today. The Little One woke up twice last night for a bottle (3:30A & 5:00A). I was thankful she was drinking again, but exhausted today.

Oh, and did I mention TTOM came 3 days early?!

Jen, my prayers are with you and your daughter.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #164  

Question Newbee

Hi all,

I joined MRC around 3.5 weeks back and have lost 11.5 lbs so far... my doubt to u guys is
1. is it a good weight loss
2. what can i do to increase my weight loss

I need to loose 80lbs and my inspiration is all of u super guys out there.

R
nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #165  
SISSY

S/C/G: 213/180

Height: 5'11"

Started doing metabolic research last Monday and so far so good. I spent the last couple months researching everything there is about MBR. I know of a few people that have done the plan and look great but to top it off have kept the weight off showing this is not another yoyo diet. I was planning on attending MBR, but my husband recently got hurt at work so Im affriad to commit the money not knowing what will happen while he is out for surgery. I decide to attempt this adventure on my own thanks to everyones post on 3 fat chicks. Everyone on here is so helpful and the recipes are life savers.. Im not anywhere near Stabilization and maintence, but I would love to see what I have to look forward to. Knowledge is Power..

Last edited by sissyr; 03-09-2011 at 11:04 PM.
sissyr is offline   Reply With Quote