Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yams0514 View Post
Hi everyone - I started the plan right after Thanksgiving -did a great job - even with the holidays and now I keep slipping up - every day it seems to be something. I haven't weighed in (last week and this week) cause i am embarrassed, it's just like every other time I try to lose weight, I am screwing this one up to. My scale at home doesn't say I gained..I am getting depressed -Just needed some encouragement or words of wisdom.
Don't get discouraged, slip ups happen. This is a lifestyle change and changing a lifestyle is never easy. It is an everyday struggle for me to eat right and exercise. I had a rough week this week, lots of lunches and happenings at work and home, and I gained, so I am a little apprehensive about wi, but, going to the center keeps me accountable, even if I don't do as well as expected. Go, wi, and rip the preverbial bandaid off, and get it over with. You can't dwell on what you have done, but start fresh everyday with the knowledge of what not to do.

I wish you, and everyone, luck, as we are all on a journey to a new, healthier, life.
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I forgot to put on a belt today, because I've never before needed one with the pants I'm wearing. Proud to say I've been having slight wardrobe malfunctions all morning, with my pants slipping down to scandalous levels (Thank goodness for long tops!) Love it!

And, I'm one stinkin' pound away from signing the 20 pound board!!!

AND, I'm currently leading in a contest for free professional photos that I have to use by July. My goal weight date is the first week of May, so I should be looking fit and fab if I win the photo session. I may have to get some poster-sized prints of me
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Newbie

Hello everyone!!
I went last night to sign up. The center is pretty far away, so I had to take some time off work. I had an appointment and still I was there for over an hour before I left. While I was waiting, 4 other women came in and signed in so I assume they were there for weigh ins. They all were still waiting when I left. Is this typical of wait times?

Thanks!
Lilmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

weighed again today, 5 lbs since i started last friday!!! woohoo! Surprisingly I havent had any craving issues... and if anything i'm having problems trying to eat my food. This morning at breakfast I ate about half and was just stuffed! so weird... Since i am doing this own my own, i have been using the Body Fortress whey protein from walmart (read about it on here!) It seems to be doing the trick, and is FAR more cost effective than HNS ( i think it tastes better too). I also have some leftover HNS from when i was on program that i pack in little water bottles and take with me to work, that way im not mixing stuff and causing a scene!
ash8090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmiss View Post
Hello everyone!!
I went last night to sign up. The center is pretty far away, so I had to take some time off work. I had an appointment and still I was there for over an hour before I left. While I was waiting, 4 other women came in and signed in so I assume they were there for weigh ins. They all were still waiting when I left. Is this typical of wait times?

Thanks!
Well, its going to differ center by center...but at my center there are peak times that are crazy busy.

I try to go in the morning right when they open and usually only wait 10-15 minutes at most. But 5-6 at after work times, it seems like EVERYONE is there and wait 30-45 minutes.

Also, it depends how many consultants are there. Think about it...one consultant was tied up in your meeting...if there was a class going on- another consultant was tied up...so maybe only one or two people were there doing weigh ins.

I did have one time I waited over an hour during the first week in January when lots of people were signing up. Every consultant was in a first-time meeting which takes a while.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #141  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash8090 View Post
weighed again today, 5 lbs since i started last friday!!! woohoo! Surprisingly I havent had any craving issues... and if anything i'm having problems trying to eat my food. This morning at breakfast I ate about half and was just stuffed! so weird... Since i am doing this own my own, i have been using the Body Fortress whey protein from walmart (read about it on here!) It seems to be doing the trick, and is FAR more cost effective than HNS ( i think it tastes better too). I also have some leftover HNS from when i was on program that i pack in little water bottles and take with me to work, that way im not mixing stuff and causing a scene!

Most of the time I go, there is no wait. However, I go to the center at mid-morning, so it may not be a very busy time.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #142  

Thanks Razorback and Junie!!!
I didn't think about it being so close to "New Years Resolutions" I think the person I had an appointment with must have been in a consultation for someone signing up. There was only one other person there, who came and got the people one at a time that had signed in. She was doing weigh in's, looking at food diaries, etc. She was able to see 4 people while I was waiting. I have another appointment to go back - I am right at 9 am tomorrow. I will just have to ask what times are slow and go in during an early or late lunch!! Thanks for the info - you ladies and gents are all great!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #143  

Default Ticker Trackers

Hey Razorback - where did you get the cool ticker thingies? Is there somewhere on the board that tells you how to do that? I love your exercise one!!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #144  

LilMiss- You have to be a regular member to do that. There is something about being a member for 30 days and making 20 posts or something before you are allowed to use tickers. Watch your "title" under your name and once it says Member from Junior Member, you can go into your User CP and set those up.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #145  

Thanks Razorback!! That sounds fair! Can't wait - hope I will be able to show progress that is as good as you have done!!! Thanks for all of your help answering my questions so far!!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #146  

No problem! 3-4 days a week, I work at my computer. I leave 3FC up and check it often....I seem like a super-poster...but I get bored only looking at car stuff! I do digital marketing for a car dealership...gotta have some human interaction beyond the salesmen during my day!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:43 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/150

Height: 4'11"

today is day 7, and at WI I've lost a total of 9 lbs. I'm happy about that, but i know i'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of the program. Is it ok to do some exercising on such low calories?
FloridaKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKat View Post
today is day 7, and at WI I've lost a total of 9 lbs. I'm happy about that, but i know i'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of the program. Is it ok to do some exercising on such low calories?
I did great and lost a ton with about 3 long (moderate) walks/week. Once I added in harder stuff like zumba and circuit, my losses really slowed down. But, I can tell you that when I got to goal, I was thrilled with the muscle that was hiding under all of that fat!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #149  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKat View Post

What kind of exercising are we talking about here? I just recently asked about this since I had upped my exercise. I told them I work out 30 - 60 minutes on the treadmill a day and I take 2 Body Sculpting classes a week. She told me that it was fine and I'd have to be doing a lot more than that for the exercising to be too much.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #150  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Gah! I don't know what happened to me after my kayaking class triumph!

I had to sit through rubric training all day on Thursday, and I know why I kept putting chocolate in my mouth--because it was on the table, I like chocolate, I was tired and not able to think through it, other people were eating it, and when I'm tired and trying to stay awake in meetings/classes, my old fallback is to munch.

But then yesterday (2nd day of training) it's like I just gave up after lunch. I avoided the chocolate/candy on our table in the morning, and made sure I stayed 100% OP for lunch. But then after lunch they put out yummy yummy cookies, and I couldn't stand the smell anymore, so I caved. I ate two cookies. Then I went to yoga a little early to fit in some time on the bike to try to make up for the cookies. But then I had to spend the night at mom's (she hurt her back and needed help getting up to go potty, etc.) and I ate 3 mini kitkats (she has a bag of them in the fridge for when my little nephews come over)!

It's like I just couldn't stop once I started...

Anyway, today is a new day and I'm 100% back OP so far. I didn't have time to weigh in today before my center closed, so I'll just have to wait until MOnday to face the music. I'm going to try to fit in an extra workout this weekend, too, to try to make up for my mistakes. I really need to keep my mind focused on signing the 50lb board next week! I"m so close--I need to quit sabotaging myself!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote