Old 02-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Default February Thread

So I'm snowed in today. We got a layer of ice then 4-5 inches of snow. But, I've been good OP yesterday and today (back from my weekend chips and salsa debacle). Made hubs and I some yummy buffalo chicken tenders with hot sauce and seasonings for lunch and going to Zumba on the Wii later.

Any small term February goals?

I will get Zumba certified Saturday...my goal is to not use that extra workout as a binge excuse. I know I will need a bit more food and carbs to get through an entire active day...but I have planned for healthy fruits and nuts and such. I would like to see the 160s by the end of the month as well!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Congratulations on the Zumba certification! That's terrific!

My February goals would be:
1. Sign that 30 pound board (I'm 4 pounds away from the 20 pound board).
2. Stay OP ALL THE WAY THROUGH FEBRUARY!
3. And, along with #1, see the 170s, which I've not seen in my adult life.

LET'S DO THIS!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #3  

Snow day alert! Hubs just got out chips and our favorite gourmet salsa (salty and crunchy..my weakness!). I am resisting. I am typing as I listen to the crunch and finger licking. UGH! Its gonna be sooo worth it...just say no...just say no....
Old 02-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #4  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
Snow day alert! Hubs just got out chips and our favorite gourmet salsa (salty and crunchy..my weakness!). I am resisting. I am typing as I listen to the crunch and finger licking. UGH! Its gonna be sooo worth it...just say no...just say no....

Oh no, that is so hard to deal with! I have that issue sometimes as well and it's very hard. Not only do you have to deal with it right then, but it also leads to more cravings.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #5  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
STAY STRONG! I would just slap the bag out of his hands and toss it outside in the snow. He'll be too shocked to be mad. Or make him go into another room. The sounds don't bother me as much as the smells... If I smell something yummy, I want it.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #6  
Started Aug 2010

Sooooo....

I'm still stalled. I was super-careful since last weigh-in, and even did 2 days on Metaquick. Nothing. I gained 1lb--though I'm supposed to start TOM tomorrow, so I don't think I actually gained a pound, but still!

The consultant asked if I wanted info on the pill supplements. I told her I'd take the info, but I'm holding out one more weigh-in before I start taking them (partly because I'm waiting for payday).

Are any of you taking the Phentatrim, MRC-6, or Corti-trim??? Do these really make a difference? Do you have any side effects?

I've held off on taking anything like this because 1) I hate spending the money if I can avoid it, 2) I'm on antidepressants and worry about drug interactions (even though the center says it's fine), and 3) I hesitate to take anything not FDA-regulated because there may be harmful fillers, incorrect measurements, etc.

I don't really need anything for appetite suppressant--I really don't sit around feeling hungry very often. But I think I do need something to up my metabolism/fat burn with minimal side effects.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #7  

I take MRC6 and Cortitrim. With the MRC, I really noticed an energy spike when I took them. I quit feeling tired mid-day. About a month later, I started Cortitrim...and it has really flattened out my belly. I lost more inches in my midsection that first month than I did the first three months without it.

I am a pill advocate because I've always taken lots of supplements and vitamins and whatnot. I take quite a bit...but I don't mind. Not sure it all does anything (like my d3 and trace minerals) but I don't have any side effects.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #8  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

Hi ladies! I have been missing for about a week. Long story but my boss is "no longer with the company" and I have been given her job and mine to do for the next couple of months. I have been off plan for days and I feel horrible physically. I have headaches, stomach pains, and I'm tired all the time. I went to MRC today and re-upped my supplies. I'm determined to be back on track tomorrow. I just have to get some fruit but other than that I should be ok for my menu tomorrow. I was hoping to get it all planned out before I had to pick up the baby from daycare but that didn't happen. Oh well, once I get some sleep I am sure I will feel better!

Happy February to everyone! Remember: Chocolate is NOT love!
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/198/127

Height: 5"4

I'm taking the MRC-6, the glucose pill, and I just started taking the all-day weight loss plan, which is pills you take for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and before bed...those have really worked for me, because they boost your metabolism and they are also an appetite suppressant...but I've stalled out too...I'm supposed to start my TOM today sometime, but the PMS hit me hard last week...since then I haven't lost anything, and I gained I think 1.2 lbs... But I'm not going to give up!

I might try that Cortitrim, if it really gets rid of the belly fat...that's my most self conscious feature right now...
milasmommy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
I've held off on taking anything like this because 1) I hate spending the money if I can avoid it, 2) I'm on antidepressants and worry about drug interactions (even though the center says it's fine), and 3) I hesitate to take anything not FDA-regulated because there may be harmful fillers, incorrect measurements, etc.

I don't really need anything for appetite suppressant--I really don't sit around feeling hungry very often. But I think I do need something to up my metabolism/fat burn with minimal side effects.
Just wanted to let you know that the all day weight loss plan on the box says that it is FDA regulated...I'm really big about that too, so it was a relief when I saw it on the box I always read the fine print
Old 02-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #11  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasmommy87 View Post
Just wanted to let you know that the all day weight loss plan on the box says that it is FDA regulated...I'm really big about that too, so it was a relief when I saw it on the box I always read the fine print
What's in the all-day weight loss plan supplements? How many pills is it with each meal?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #12  

Hi..
I am so frustrated,and down today. I gained on Friday and again today. They told me to do Meta Quick for two days and see what Friday brings.There was no reason for the gain , none at all. Just happened.

Teacher lady, I takeMRC-6 and Corti Trim. There are some weeks I have not taken it and lost. The Phenatrim I bought and it made me so sick with a massive headache that went into a migraine.. I do take the Carb and Fat blocker I believe it is called when I eat out.I will not buy the MRC-6 and Corti Trim when I finish bottle, as I want to get off of them, when I go into stabilization.

I am so tired of having them push all these new supplements on me, when I stall or gain. Does not help me any if I am frustrated . I refuse to take any of those new supplements . In the past three weeks, they tried to sell me 4 different supplements and I refused. Today I hope I finally have made myself clear.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening, and thanks for listening.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
What's in the all-day weight loss plan supplements? How many pills is it with each meal?
You take 2 pills before each meal with the corresponding bottle...the breakfast pills my consultant told me contain the appetite suppressant and ginseng, mustard and celery seed, cola nut, cayenne pepper, green tea and ginger (that's directly off the box)

the lunch pills also contain guarana extract, green tea, and caffeine, which explains why my energy usually picks up after taking them

the dinner pills contain white kidney bean powder, and apple pectin.

the before bed pills contain chamomile, melatonin, soy extracts, and gelatin
Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #14  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

Melatonin is wonderful stuff for helping you sleep. I take antidepressants and therefore don't take any type of sleeping pill. Melatonin helps me get a good nights sleep when I have some serious anxiety building or when I am really sick. You can get it at any health food store or GNC.
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hi..
I am so frustrated,and down today. I gained on Friday and again today. They told me to do Meta Quick for two days and see what Friday brings.There was no reason for the gain , none at all. Just happened.

Teacher lady, I takeMRC-6 and Corti Trim. There are some weeks I have not taken it and lost. The Phenatrim I bought and it made me so sick with a massive headache that went into a migraine.. I do take the Carb and Fat blocker I believe it is called when I eat out.I will not buy the MRC-6 and Corti Trim when I finish bottle, as I want to get off of them, when I go into stabilization.

I am so tired of having them push all these new supplements on me, when I stall or gain. Does not help me any if I am frustrated . I refuse to take any of those new supplements . In the past three weeks, they tried to sell me 4 different supplements and I refused. Today I hope I finally have made myself clear.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening, and thanks for listening.

Patzi
Patzi, what a bummer! I would suggest that they try another plan with you. There is just no reason to be eating that low in calories and having no results. It has to be so frustrating. I really don't think that everyone's body responds the same to MRC. How much longer do you have on your plan? What other programs have you tried (WW, etc)? Also, have you seen a doctor for bloodwork recently? Maybe your thyroid is out of whack?
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote