Old 02-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I must be using a really friendly scale at home, because my at-home-weight is consistently 4 pounds lower than what the scale at the center says. Works for me ;p Hahaha!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/150

Height: 4'11"

Ashley, can I have that make and model please? lol
FloridaKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:20 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasmommy87 View Post
So I had the funniest experience last night, I was so happy about it. At my college, there is this really cute security guard that before last night, didn't even know I existed. He's cute, but he's also really shallow, and although his purpose at the school is to walk the women out to their cars at night because it's dark, he only offers to walk the pretty ones. So last night he was at the front desk as I was signing out, and he goes "You work here?" So I looked at him all confused and said "Yea", and then the receptionist goes "She's here all day everyday", and he was like "What department do you work in?" And then I said "financial aid", and he goes, "Oh! You're the one in the back! You look DIFFERENT...Something has changed, you look at least 10 years younger, what did you do?" And I was like "Really? I lost weight!" And then he said "Wow, you're very pretty! Let me get the door for you..Can I walk you to your car?"

Just him saying that to me gave me one of the best feelings in the world, that he actually noticed a difference. I was on cloud nine all last night and this morning still lol. Just goes to show you what a difference losing weight can make on your overall confidence and appearance

Congratulations on everyone's weight loss this week so far!
That is pretty cool.
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:29 AM   #229  

It seems like everyone is having a good weekend so far. I wi yesterday & was down .5. I think part of that might be bc I had a medical procedure done on Tuesday and feel really bloated from that. We went out with some friends to the bowling alley and those bowling alley french fries were SCREAMING my name. I was able to resist those...so I am very proud of myself for that. Dinner tomorrow is going to be that yummy looking cauliflower pizza. BTW are we allowed to speak of B12 shots on this forum? Just curious about somehting
Old 02-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #230  

So happy today that I did so well at the daytona 500. There was a pancake breakfast before we sang, and I DIDN'T eat anything. I wanted to SO BAD!! But I refrained, and ate when I got home. So I'm hoping the MRC scale will be a friend at next weigh in.

Also, I joined a walking/running club that starts tomorrow. I'm so excited about that. My daughter and I (she's homeschooled) will start with them about 8:15 a.m. I'm hoping to learn to run, but it'll be hard to start with these boobs and these hips, but we'll try.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #231  

FloridaKat- Good willpower at the race. Have fun w/your walking club. That sounds like fun!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #232  

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I managed to stay op even though I am on some strong pain meds and would love comfort food! I purchased the meal replacement shakes and when I haven't been hungry these past few days I drink one of those. The chocolate is delicious (haven't tried the vanilla yet).
Brit- I made the cauliflower pizza for dinner tonight & the hubs & I both love it. I am for sure putting that into the mix. Thanks for sharing that recipe!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #233  

Does anyone else experience a weight increase a day after exercise? I've noticed that I'm up two pounds after a workout, even a relatively easy, non-weight-lifting, cardio routine. Water retention perhaps? And, on weeks when I work out vigorously (even though I stay at or under my 200 minutes/week), I lose a 1/2 pound, max. Boo! When I don't work out, I get the best results from the scale, but I feel like a lazy bum.

Last edited by AshleyRae; 02-21-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #234  

Hi all,
I just started MRC on Thursday of last week, having the carb withdraw headaches, but this morning I'm going to try and down more water and maybe take some aspirin to help out. So far I don't feel the menu is outrageous - it was better than the one that the nutritionist gave me! About 3x more food on it, but I did have my "last meal" on Saturday night so I don't expect to lose much this first week. Still hopeful being on this plan as my sister-in-law works for them and looks amazing.

Also to Ashley - in my orientation one of the ladies is a fitness instructor said something about moderate exercise, and that if you were going to work out more that you would have to accommodate accordingly. The only thing is I don't know how many calories I'm taking in a day - I assume around 800 on the MetaSlim Plus. And I'm not sure if she was saying accommodate in calories or in protein shakes? I can ask on Tuesday when I weigh in if you don't have a fitness expert or nurse on staff - we have both, very helpful.
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Well, I didn't have the best OP weekend. I did great at breakfasts and lunches, but my dinner's were a bit of a stretch.

Friday, we were out late at a gymnastics meet and ate some pizza when we got home. While I only ate two pieces (when I used to eat 4 or so), I still didn't eat OP.

Saturday, we went out to eat and hubby and I split Chili's fajitas (which are my usual Chili's meal...w/ no tortillas and sides), but we also shared the southwest eggrolls. So my three pieces of eggroll were not OP.

Last night, we went out to a really nice restaurant we've been wanting to try...and I got an asian shrimp salad...but it had these really tasty pieces of pita in the dressing. So between the dressing and eating some pita...not OP.

Oh well, my scale only shows .5 gain, which I'm sure is from the extra carbs. So I'm drinking water and getting back totally on today. Its my TOM so I have to fight the urge to be inactive and eat extra...but I will be stronger!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2btxgrl View Post
Hi all,
Also to Ashley - in my orientation one of the ladies is a fitness instructor said something about moderate exercise, and that if you were going to work out more that you would have to accommodate accordingly. The only thing is I don't know how many calories I'm taking in a day - I assume around 800 on the MetaSlim Plus. And I'm not sure if she was saying accommodate in calories or in protein shakes? I can ask on Tuesday when I weigh in if you don't have a fitness expert or nurse on staff - we have both, very helpful.
Congratulations on joining! I'm sure you'll do really well! And, thanks for the advice. I'm stopping by for my Monday WI today and to take a cooking class on casseroles, so I'll see what the staff there can tell me. While I did do a very vigorous weight-circuit 2 weeks ago that kept the scale pretty steady instead of dropping, I only did 30 minutes at a very casual pace on the spin bike yesterday. In the hope that the weight is water retention in my muscles, I'm drowning myself in water today. Hope the center's scale is abundantly friendly to me today!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #237  

same thing happened to me today, I walked brisk pace for an hour today with my walking club, and my scale showed me up 1.5 lbs. I might quit exercising if that keeps up.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Don't stop excercising! When you workout, your muscles will swell and hold on to water, causing an increase in water weight which will reflect on the scale. However, in a few days, it will go away if you drink enough water to flush.

I and copying a snippet of an article from livestrong.com about it
"Almost immediately after exercise, white blood cells rush into the muscle to clear up the debris from the muscle damage, producing prostaglandins as a byproduct. Prostaglandins are a hormone-like substance that cause pain and swelling. Along with white blood cells, fluids carrying other nutrients and enzymes rush into the muscle to support the rebuilding process. The extra fluids packed into the muscle also contribute to swelling.....Swelling peaks on the fourth day, then gradually subsides, returning to normal seven to eleven days after a workout."
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/75...#ixzz1Edc4Vw5x

Keep working out, muscle burns fat! The more you have, the easier it is to lose weight! I have actually gained 3 pounds of muscle on MRC by working out hard as I lose.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #239  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I was noticing, when I first started working out a little harder, that my fingers would feel kind of sausage-y after my workouts. I also noticed a slight rise on the scale. So, now I make sure I drink lots of extra water the days I work out, as well as the day after (so, pretty much every day now, lol). Now I don't seem to retain as much from my workouts, and I'm still showing decent losses on the scale.

I wouldn't recommend stopping all workouts--then, as Debi has pointed out, you end up "skinny fat" when you're done with the program. You're skinnier, but it's all flab.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #240  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

By the way, ladies-- I hit my -50lbs today! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

Actually, the scale showed +.5 at first, but then my consultant pointed out I was wearing a pretty heavy sweater with several heavy zippers. Since I had a cami on underneath, I ripped that bad boy off and got my 50lb stone and signed the board! I also treated myself to a massage right after my WI.

My goal for this week is to at least MAINTAIN during my trip to Ft. Worth for work. I leave Wednesday morning and come back Friday night, so at least it's a short trip. Just gonna have to make sure the dinners out don't kill me. I'm already planning on room service eggs each morning (I'll bring my own bread or melba, and we're staying at the Hilton), and I can eat bars for lunch if I don't have any easy choices nearby. Dinners... we'll see. I'll probably start researching my restaurant choices tonight.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote