Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #181  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Well, my grazing has caught up with me. I'm up another 1.5 lbs. I also think it didn't help that I had shrimp and sirloin when we ate out last night, so I got some extra salt.

Still, I need to recommit now. It's just really hard today to resist the announcement in my meeting right now that "We have fresh brownies and cookies over here for you!" during the break.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #182  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Well, my grazing has caught up with me. I'm up another 1.5 lbs. I also think it didn't help that I had shrimp and sirloin when we ate out last night, so I got some extra salt.

Still, I need to recommit now. It's just really hard today to resist the announcement in my meeting right now that "We have fresh brownies and cookies over here for you!" during the break.

I am so glad I don't work in an environment where people are always bringing in food. That would be really tough. People here use to, but seems like everyone all got more health oriented. Or maybe they just learned that it wasn't worth spending hard-earned money unnecessarily.

I am recommitting with you!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Stay strong teacherlady!

Grazing and such was exactly what made me gain last week! I was up 3 pounds (some water and salt weight...but still!)

Stop it now before you lose control! You are stronger than those brownies and your hard work is worth much more than a cookie.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #184  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

I'm still not doing well with my plan. I am about 60% OP. I was considering quitting and going to Weight Watchers, and then I decided that wasn't the answer. I need to stick with this and get through it. Now that the "honeymoon" is over, I have to find a way to make this lifestyle work. I am going to talk to someone at MRC tomorrow and hope that they can help me get back on track.

I keep had two OP meals today (breakfast/lunch) and then when dinner came around I just didn't want to do it. I wanted something different. I use the recipes and experiment a lot, but its not working. I really hope that I can get some clarity tomorrow. Wish me luck and I hope you all are doing great!
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #185  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hteep123 View Post
I'm still not doing well with my plan. I am about 60% OP. I was considering quitting and going to Weight Watchers, and then I decided that wasn't the answer. I need to stick with this and get through it. Now that the "honeymoon" is over, I have to find a way to make this lifestyle work. I am going to talk to someone at MRC tomorrow and hope that they can help me get back on track.

I keep had two OP meals today (breakfast/lunch) and then when dinner came around I just didn't want to do it. I wanted something different. I use the recipes and experiment a lot, but its not working. I really hope that I can get some clarity tomorrow. Wish me luck and I hope you all are doing great!
I went through the same thing after I lost about 10-15lbs. I just didn't want to do it anymore. I ended up having a mini-rebellion and a bad attitude for a week or so, but then I convinced myself I just needed to suck it up and get back on track.

You can do it!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #186  
Started Aug 2010

I ended up withstanding the torture of the brownies and cookies. Mostly. I had one bite of brownie, and then I made myself throw it away and then sit as far away from the snack table as possible for the rest of the meeting (I could still SMELL the treats, though, grrr).

I was pretty mad at myself for having gained another pound, so I took it out during my workout. I'm actually pretty proud of myself--my endurance and heartrate have really improved in the last couple weeks! I ended up biking for 17 mins, then running on the elliptical for 23 mins. It's been a long time since I've been able to work out that long and that hard without feeling like I was dying!

Tomorrow is a new day, and a new start for me. I'm ready to get these last 20 lbs off!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #187  
Started program June 2010

Good luck to you Teacherlady! Stay strong and get off those last 20 pounds!
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #188  

I made a yummy lunch dessert today! Strawberries and cream!

I took a serving of frozen strawberries....microwaved them until warm and soft. Then I took a vanilla pudding supplement and mixed it in and squished up the strawberries and about a tablespoon or two of water with the supplement until smooth and creamy.

It was creamy and sweet and warm and yummy!

Nothing to it!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #189  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

I am doing much better after talking to the ladies at MRC. I put a full update in the "I binged." thread. Thanks y'all!
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
Oh yeah...something strange happened last night. Let me tell you about my day...

Ate lunch at 2 (chicken, broccoli..only half the serving...just didn't want it, and an orange and HNS). In class until 5...drank an HNS then did an hour long power Zumba class (very high intensity). After working out, I had to go back to campus for 30 minutes, then I went to get takeout as I was home along and HATE cooking for one. While waiting on my chicken salad, I started feeling light headed. It wasn't too bad, so I got my food and went home. It was about 8 p.m. I was on the phone with my best friend while driving home...and she said my speech was starting to sound funny. Then I got light headed more, naseaus, and my hands were shaking. Once I started eating, I felt better...but the shaking didn't stop. I went to bed early and woke up ok today. I think I had a sugar drop. But isn't this program all about keeping your sugar in the right place? Any ideas why this happened or things to do in the future? It was scary being home alone and having this happen.
Definitely a sugar low and as teacherlady said, it's because you didn't eat your full meal (that's part of the science, full meal at the recommended time keeps your insulin level). Plus, an hour long cardio workout on this diet with the restricted calories could cause a sugar dip. When that happens to me (I was pre-diabetic when I went on the program), I pound an extra HNS right away and take it easy.
ImOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

I'm doing well on pre-cond. and getting my menu tomorrow. Wish me luck ladies. Here is to another OP day!
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla View Post
I'm doing well on pre-cond. and getting my menu tomorrow. Wish me luck ladies. Here is to another OP day!
Good luck and welcome back!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #193  
Started Aug 2010

UGH. So stressed today, and I just feel the urge to put stuff in my mouth! I've already gone through 2 pieces of gum in an attempt to avoid anything with actual calories.

I'm sorry, ladies, I'm just going to vent here about what's stressing me out, as I can't really talk to anyone else about it right this minute, and I need to stop dwelling on it and focus on something else. Feel free to skip this part. I'm sorry if it's super long. I will try to summarize briefly at the end.

So, my husband has become friends with some of my friends (naturally), and for a year or so he's played Dungeons & Dragons monthly with my best friend's husband and a couple of his friends (yes, my husband is a nerd). They are also all "friends" on facebook. This is a highly intelligent group of people (sometimes I feel like an idiot when I read their posts/comments on FB). Recently, my friend's husband posted an article about the abortion doctor killing babies--VERY late-term abortions--and causing a woman's death (I can post the link if you want, but trust me that you don't want to read it), and his comment was that this man's "disgustingness transcends the abortion argument." Then a couple of the D&D folks post about how the pro-lifers will probably use this article to fuel their side of the argument, when this is not how all abortionists are. My husband, who enjoys making shocking statements and/or jokes in bad taste just to get people going sometimes, made a few extreme statements and bad "jokes" in some of his comments. I can support his decision to voice his pro-life position, but even I felt he was in poor taste/borderline offensive. Unfortunately, he was also completely misunderstood (as often happens in online forums, given that tone, etc. are hard to communicate) and it caused everyone to be wildly offended. One person flat-out commented that they would no longer be attending the monthly D&D games, and another stated that he felt my husband "crossed a line" in which they "can no longer be acquaintances." Whether my friend's husband is mad, ambivalent, or in agreement, it also put him in an awkward position since this all happened on his FB wall, between his friends. When he tried to gently correct my husband via a comment, my husband either took it wrong or was oblivious to the fact that my friend's husband was giving him a graceful "out," and then he just dug the hole deeper. So now, my husband is upset (didn't sleep last night, was grouchy with me this morning), and I'm worried that he's managed to alienate my good friends.

SUMMARY:
So, basically, my husband has angered (via facebook) friends of my close friends, and has been told by some of them that he's not allowed to play with them anymore (does this not remind you of the drama from our childhood????). I'm distressed because I'm worried that this will affect my friendship with my best friend and her husband, because it will either make things awkward, alienate them, or my husband's recent offense will reflect on me. I know my best friend won't let it affect OUR friendship (because she's awesome) but we often hang out all together and this will probably make that more difficult. I dropped my best friend an email this morning telling her that I don't understand what happened or what on earth hubby was thinking, and I asked her to call me after school today.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Unfortunately, he was also completely misunderstood (as often happens in online forums, given that tone, etc. are hard to communicate) and it caused everyone to be wildly offended.
I know this isn't food related advice, but I study communication...and you are right- online communication is 90% read with a negative tone and misinterpreted. I would encourage your hubby to take a deep breath and reach out (not over FB, email or text) but to call these people. Don't talk it out over the phone either. They should all meet (at a public place so it doesn't get out of hand in anger) and talk about it. Chances are, your husband can explain he was being extreme for a joke, and apologize that it was taken wrong. He doesn't have to be sorry for what he said. He is allowed to think and believe however he wants. But he should apologize to his friends for being offensive with those thoughts and beliefs.

Hopefully, everyone can act like adults (instead of saying "I won't play with you") and look past this one random event in terms of their friendship.

As for you, drink lots of water and keep on that gum. You will feel worse if you eat on top of this stress!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Good luck and welcome back!
Thanks Debi
karla is offline   Reply With Quote