Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

PS. Ready to live....I see you are Arkansas. Have I asked you before...where in Arkansas are you? I'm in Fayetteville and Fort Smith. I work in Fort Smith and live in Fayetteville.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #242  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh529 View Post
teacherlady - I go to the same center as you and have been pleased that they don't push the supplements on me. I hope I don't get that consultant when I weigh in next. I know what you mean about the 20 somethings that do know anything. Sometimes it would be nice to get a real explanation of why we do things a certain way. I don't take any extra supplements either and I have tried the phentermine route too. I don't want to depend on a pill to control my eating. Good luck with your next weigh in.

I think her name was Kelly, and she had blondish hair. She was fairly young and skinny and, like I said, is actually from the Bellevue center. I didn't ask if she was just filling in, or had moved to our center permanently. If I see her again, I might actually start requesting different consultants, or maybe I'll say something to Thea. It was very off-putting, and so different from my experience with ANY of the other consultants at our center.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Ready2live- Congrats on the losses! That is awesome. I make a tortilla "chip" that also satisfies my sweet tooth/craving. I bake the tortilla in a taco salad mold (you can use a baking sheet), spray with Pam, and sprinkle sweet and low and cinnamon over it. I bake it until it is crunchy. I hope our suggestions help!
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #244  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I stopped by the store after my workout last night to pick up chicken breast and frozen broccoli for dinner. As I made my way to the frozen vegetables, I noticed Edy's ice cream has come out with their annual girl scout cookie ice creams. I love ice cream. And I LOVE LOVE their girl scout cookie ice creams. I stood there for a second and looked at them. I briefly thought "Surely I can buy some and just have a bite here and there." Then I remembered I simply don't have that self-control with ice cream.

I stared at the ice creams for a minute more and--I swear to God--I started tearing up. I literally started crying, I wanted that ice cream so bad, and I was really really sad that I couldn't have it. At first I blamed the diet, then I blamed myself--why the **** couldn't I have been born so that sugars don't affect me as much, what's wrong with me, why can't I have self-control, blah blah blah.

It was really depressing and saddening for me.

I ended up walking away, telling myself that the ice creams will be back next year, and I want to lose this weight NOW, and it simply wasn't worth it. I was proud of resisting, but still sad that I have to (and will always have to) have these internal battles over food. FOOD! Food should not have this strong of an effect or control over my life, dammit!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #245  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

I'm sorry teacherlady. I know the feeling. I feel like I am losing my battle. I am addicted to food. I have been sick this week and again last night I turned to pizza which led to chips and donuts and chocolate. You did really great just walking away.

I have been SO hungry lately. I don't know what is going on with me. I did so well for a while and now it seems like I can't get it together. I need to make this work and I have to continue to tell myself that. You are doing absolutely great and you are so close to your goal.

I think I am going to start looking at my food addiction like my depression. I have chemical depression and have had it for years. I have to take medication. If I don't take my medication I know the consequences and I am not the best person I can be and rebelling against it is a waste of energy. I need to look at this the same way. I need to get busy adapting to this addiction so I can be the best version of myself instead of wasting my energy fighting it.

(Of course it is an extremely tough battle but you all know that!)
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #246  

Teacherlady....I know how you feel about the ice cream. Last night, we met a friend for dinner. It is a mutual friend of hubby's and mine from college who is about to deploy to Afganistan. Usually, I just would have cooked dinner and made something yummy OP and had him over. But the friend said he wanted to share his "last" sushi meal with us before he deployed. (We used to go out for sushi alot in college together). So out we went. I was SO MAD ordering grilled chicken and veggies while the boys pigged out on sushi. I did have one piece....but I was upset that I had to miss out on one of my favorite things and not share that time/memory/food with our friend before he leaves.

I'm proud of you NOT giving in to the ice cream. Maybe once we slay the diet dragon, we will have more self-control. And maybe someday you WILL be able to buy it and only eat one scoop at a time. Or maybe you eat your scoop and throw it away (remember your truffle smash!). We are stronger than the food. And we are changing our habits to keep ourselves strong, physically and mentally.

We. Are. Doing. It.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 212/198/127

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
I stopped by the store after my workout last night to pick up chicken breast and frozen broccoli for dinner. As I made my way to the frozen vegetables, I noticed Edy's ice cream has come out with their annual girl scout cookie ice creams. I love ice cream. And I LOVE LOVE their girl scout cookie ice creams. I stood there for a second and looked at them. I briefly thought "Surely I can buy some and just have a bite here and there." Then I remembered I simply don't have that self-control with ice cream.

I stared at the ice creams for a minute more and--I swear to God--I started tearing up. I literally started crying, I wanted that ice cream so bad, and I was really really sad that I couldn't have it. At first I blamed the diet, then I blamed myself--why the **** couldn't I have been born so that sugars don't affect me as much, what's wrong with me, why can't I have self-control, blah blah blah.

It was really depressing and saddening for me.

I ended up walking away, telling myself that the ice creams will be back next year, and I want to lose this weight NOW, and it simply wasn't worth it. I was proud of resisting, but still sad that I have to (and will always have to) have these internal battles over food. FOOD! Food should not have this strong of an effect or control over my life, dammit!
I know exactly how you feel! My and my fiance (also OP) took my daughter to the mall to get her some new shoes, and we passed by the Mrs. Field's cookie store. Previously, Every time I went to the mall, I got a package of 10 (10!) Cookies and ate them all within about an hours time...so walking passed the shop and not buying anything, even though I could smell the brownies they were making was TORTURE!!! But I stayed strong and walked away. But, then I was really cranky because I couldn't have what I wanted
milasmommy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 253/219/180

Height: 5'7

Hi! Does anyone have advice for pot lucks? At my work we're having a breakfast pot luck in the third and I don't know if I should go or not. I want to go because the people I work with are amazing and I want to have fun, but they dont know that I'm on program and I wasn't planning on telling them either. I don't want to be asked why I'm not eating anything and if I take on program I feel like then it would be weird and a little rude if I only ate what I took. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
katlinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #249  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlinette View Post
Hi! Does anyone have advice for pot lucks? At my work we're having a breakfast pot luck in the third and I don't know if I should go or not. I want to go because the people I work with are amazing and I want to have fun, but they dont know that I'm on program and I wasn't planning on telling them either. I don't want to be asked why I'm not eating anything and if I take on program I feel like then it would be weird and a little rude if I only ate what I took. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
At the beginning of my loss, I just didn't attend these kind of things -- just too much temptation. And, I didn't want anyone to know what I was doing. I figured when I made enough progress for them to see, that would be the time they should know. So, perhaps for now, you might pass if you think it will make for an uncomfortable situation. Hey, but if you can handle it, go for it! All the best.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

TeacherLady- I am right there you. I have a huge sweet tooth. We CAN do this!
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #251  

For breakfast, I bet you could make an OP dish....some sort of breakfast mini quiches (I make these without crusts..just eggs, cheese and fillings (tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms are yummy!) in mini muffin tins...and bake.

And maybe bring a fruit tray too. That way you can eat several "mini" things....a few mini quiches and some fruit (even though its not fully OP for breakfast) and go to the event. If anyone asks why you aren't eating more...tell them you aren't big on breakfast and let it go.

But I gotta be honest, I don't get people who won't share they are dieting. If people know, they will help. They won't push food on you, and they will understand. As far as I've encountered, no one has been negative to me since I told them I was OP. They have only been supportive. And even more, since they know I am working hard, they are very vocal with the praise when they notice a difference in my looks or notice me making excellent food choices. It has been a huge support for me.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlinette View Post
I would eat my OP breakfast before I go. Then, at the pot luck, just say you were hungry and already ate, but have a cup of hot tea while visiting with everyone. If you've already eaten, don't go near the food buffet.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #253  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

If you don't think you will be able to handle it, I would not go. I know that I work with a bunch of sabotagers and food pushers. This week I took my lunch to work (OP lunch mind you and they all know I am on MRC). They kept saying "I want something good to eat. Let's order chinese. No, let's get burgers. No, let's order pizza." They do this EVERY DAY. Then they pass the menus around and ask me if I want anything. I politely tell them no and that I brought my lunch.

They ended up ordering bacon cheeseburgers and handcut fries from 5 guys burgers. They ate them right next to me while I ate my MRC. They asked me if I wanted a bite and I let them know I was stuffed from my MRC lunch. Then they compliment me on my willpower and say they are going to join MRC which they NEVER do.

Not everyone is like this, but you know your colleagues better than we do. If they are not going to be supportive it may be better to stay away from these types of gatherings until you have the stamina to deal with them.
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 212/198/127

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hteep123 View Post
If you don't think you will be able to handle it, I would not go. I know that I work with a bunch of sabotagers and food pushers. This week I took my lunch to work (OP lunch mind you and they all know I am on MRC). They kept saying "I want something good to eat. Let's order chinese. No, let's get burgers. No, let's order pizza." They do this EVERY DAY. Then they pass the menus around and ask me if I want anything. I politely tell them no and that I brought my lunch.

They ended up ordering bacon cheeseburgers and handcut fries from 5 guys burgers. They ate them right next to me while I ate my MRC. They asked me if I wanted a bite and I let them know I was stuffed from my MRC lunch. Then they compliment me on my willpower and say they are going to join MRC which they NEVER do.

Not everyone is like this, but you know your colleagues better than we do. If they are not going to be supportive it may be better to stay away from these types of gatherings until you have the stamina to deal with them.
My coworkers are the same way When I first started the program, they all went and bought Fazolis italian food, knowing that usually I would order something too, and then had the nerve to sit and eat in front of me. Plus, the brought extra breadsticks to offer to me...which I said no to, but the smell of baked spaghetti with extra cheese and sauce was torture! It's sad how people will try and sabotage you on purpose...
milasmommy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 269/210/185

Height: 5'6

Razorbackbritt, I am in Bella Vista/Rogers area. Very close by to you. Thanks for the chip alternatives everyone. I went to a birthday lunch yesterday with the work crew at PF Changs. They had appetizers, their meals, and finished it off with a huge piece of cheesecake (my favorite dessert). I stuck to my salad with watermelon balls in it. Oh well, I know what all those things taste like and I'd rather be hard core til the weight comes off and then maybe be able to have a bite or taste here or there. It is a constant choice. Keep positive everyone. 90% of the struggle or maybe more is in our heads, not our bellies.

Last edited by Ready2Live; 01-28-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Ready2Live is offline   Reply With Quote